Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2024, 06:58 PM   #27501
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I use door dash a ton and the only issues I have had are with Chipotle not giving me guac when I order chips and guac. Otherwise, I've been pretty amazed how accurate my orders are. Seemingly more accurate than when I used to drive my lazy ass to the actual restaurants.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 07:04 PM   #27502
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Maybe the issue is we're using more local/regional restaurants than big chains. I can't emember the last time I ate at a McDs, Wendys, Arbys, Taco Bell, etc. And those are the only ones in our area, otherwise if we wanted to order from a place we would normally go like a Firehouse Subs or Raisin Canes, it would be coming from Lexington and be a minimum 45-60 minutes. I'm not paying for cold food delivery. And of course, today's delievery was supposed to be 40-55 minutes and it ended up being 100 minutes.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 08:00 PM   #27503
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I use door dash a ton and the only issues I have had are with Chipotle not giving me guac when I order chips and guac. Otherwise, I've been pretty amazed how accurate my orders are. Seemingly more accurate than when I used to drive my lazy ass to the actual restaurants.

We've had some pretty terrible experiences. The most common issue is that when ordering for 3 (myself, wife, son), there tends to be multiple bags and they seem to miss a bag fairly often. That usually means one of us doesn't have food, which is horribly inconvenient because you're either making something for 1 at home when you didn't expect to, running to get something, or you're ordering again and waiting.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 08:43 PM   #27504
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know what's going on with the site, but it's been very difficult to get to load consistently for about a week now. Sometimes it won't work at all. Sometimes it will load the main page but no threads. Sometimes it will let me type up a long post before it decides it don't want to work anymore once I hit reply. There are also 225 guests in this thread for some reason. Are we getting overwhelmed by bot traffic or something?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 09:11 PM   #27505
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
There are also 225 guests in this thread for some reason. Are we getting overwhelmed by bot traffic or something?

Apparently they recommended us to some friends

Quote:
6 members & 1882 guests
Old 09-08-2024, 05:05 AM   #27506
Edward64
Head Coach

It's been that way for several months now.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 08:41 AM   #27507
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I've gone back to going and picking up food myself. Might be different if I lived in the city (due to lack of parking). My experience just ended up being that the delivery services weren't worth the hassle of wrong/delayed orders, especially at the extra cost.

The one exception is the local pizza place where they still deliver themselves (often it's literally the owner or his wife delivering our order).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 08:43 AM   #27508
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
How do I go about getting a photo enhanced, cropped and turned into a locket photo? It’s a pretty low-quality old photo and I need to have someone cropped out of it.

You could also try scanning it and posting it to reddit r/photoshoprequest. A bit hit-or-miss, but there are some folks on there who are flat out amazing with photoshop.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 08:27 PM   #27509
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Celebrity number 6 has been found. One of the greatest mysteries in history has been solved.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 01:20 PM   #27510
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

In my ongoing quest to find new employment (19 days) I've had 2 offers that were way too low. I've had 4 other real screening interviews and a few recruiter calls. Feeling good, but wish it would move faster.

I want it to move faster as I am basically being pushed out, got shifted to a nother team where the COO told me they normally don't pay people that much but that they won't lower my salary. I looked and speculated in July I think I'm getting pushed out.

So I'm training for this other position and I'm shadowing someone (remote). I looked on her LinkedIn and saw that she updated her title to my "current" title in July... a month before I was told I was being shifted. Meanwhile, when the COO called I was told they still had to post my position internally and had no one in mind.

Also, turns out she worked with the COO and with the head of my "current" department before this job. This also tracks with the people who are now 3-6th in the company pecking order.

And to top it off, I had a recent review that they just started doing where they analyze some of the stuff we've been working on... I got over 95%. We were supposed to meet after our team meeting to discuss it, but she didn't feel well needed to. At the team meeting later that afternoon, my manager said there were a lot of issues with our work and that the scores need to get better.

WTF... these people are fucking with my career and making me feel like shit ... for what?
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 02:30 PM   #27511
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Celebrity number 6 has been found. One of the greatest mysteries in history has been solved.

Weird timing as I went down a rabbit hole the other day on this story. Had never heard of it before.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 02:57 PM   #27512
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We’ve had the same cleaning lady since we bought our house for about 5 years. She comes once a week and does a great job, doesn’t hurt that she’s a smokin hot Brazilian. She’s never asked for more money and i feel like after 5 years i should probably give her a little more. I do give her a generous xmas gift.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 08:18 PM   #27513
Ksyrup

Supposedly Oreo Coke Zero and Coke Zero Oreos begin hitting stores today. Neither were at our Kroger which isn't surprising. But I want to try the Coke and my wife wants the Oreos.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-09-2024, 08:37 PM   #27514
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks for the heads up, will have to try it
Old 09-10-2024, 10:16 PM   #27515
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

At my work, we had the ex-girlfriend of one of our employees go full nuclear Karen on us today.

She called us today demanding to speak to her ex-boyfriend. When we refused her demand she threatened to kill my whole office and our families. We called the cops and I had to give a statement since I took the call. She called dozens of times under multiple numbers. She was even dumb enough to leave her death threats on voice mail. She later called apologizing and that she was off her meds. As far as I know there was warrant for her arrest.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 09-10-2024 at 10:16 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 11:07 PM   #27516
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Supposedly Oreo Coke Zero and Coke Zero Oreos begin hitting stores today. Neither were at our Kroger which isn't surprising. But I want to try the Coke and my wife wants the Oreos.

please stop making up gross things like this
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 06:43 AM   #27517
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There’s no way to block a channel on YouTube? I am so tired of a few channels that get foisted upon me.

Last edited by stevew : 09-11-2024 at 06:48 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 07:07 AM   #27518
GrantDawg

Quote:
There’s no way to block a channel on YouTube? I am so tired of a few channels that get foisted upon me.

Three dots beside the title and channel description on your "For You" page. Pick "Not Interested" or "Don't Recommend Channel".
Old 09-11-2024, 07:15 AM   #27519
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That doesn’t do shit. I want the equivalent of death for a few channels. I never use a desktop either so I don’t think there’s a way on mobile.
Old 09-11-2024, 11:30 PM   #27520
21C
College Prospect

I will often use our intraschool portal to look up a student or a teacher. Once I start typing a name, it will autosuggest names.

I noticed something when I went to search for a teacher called "David". I typed his first name and his was the only name that showed up. There were no boys in our school of 900 students with the name of "David". The same thing happened another time with the name "Peter" - one teacher but no students.

I remember a friend and I used to make jokes about old people's names when we were teenagers. We would do old man voices and call each other "Clarence" and "Les" but now those "old names" have turned into "David" and "Peter" which were very common when I was a kid.

I did a search on names in my school and this was the list of most common names for students (male and female).
Jack 14
Oliver 13
Olivia 13
Cooper 12
Chloe 9
Ruby 9
Xavier 9
Amelia 8
Isaac 8
Lachlan 8
Liam 8
Noah 8
Archie 7
Ava 7
Charlotte 7
Ella 7
Emily 7
Ethan 7
Lucas 7

I have three Lachlans in one class this year and I had three Xaviers in another one last year.
Old 09-12-2024, 06:43 AM   #27521
GrantDawg

My age, it was Chris, Scott or Brian. One year I was one of 7 Brians in my class. Well one of seven Brians, Bryans, and even a Brion. I had three friends named Chris and 4 Scotts. That's why we all called each other by our last names. Then there was my friend Guy, who got caught tagging the school because the idiot put his name and he was the only Guy in a school of 2400 students.
Old 09-12-2024, 07:34 AM   #27522
Ksyrup

Well, the Coke/Oreos concoctions made their way to KY. My daughter found them at her local Kroger. We happen to be meeting her and her BF and his parents for dinner tonight so she's bringing us a 20 oz Oreo Coke and a sleeve of Coke Oreos.

And no, I will not stop trying things like this that companies make up. I have reflected on the fact that I go out of my way to try, and usually like, these concoctions - sometimes preferring them to the original - and I've come to the conclusion that this is where my beverage and music tastes collide. I'm almost always way more interested in genre-bending/mashing music than just straight-up, plain genre staples. So I think that explains a lot about why I'm always trying to chase these things down. Since Spice Coke was released, I've drank about 5 times as many of those than plain Coke. Same for the different flavors of Dr. Pepper versus the original.

Give me something new, exciting and different. As long as it doesn't suck!
Old 09-12-2024, 10:33 AM   #27523
jcard
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Then there was my friend Guy, who got caught tagging the school because the idiot put his name and he was the only Guy in a school of 2400 students.

If there were Darwin Awards for delinquency, that is on the final ballot.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 10:53 AM   #27524
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Jon Bon Jovi talks a woman off a Nashville bridge : NPR

I wonder if he said, "Take my hand, and we'll make it I swear!"
Old 09-12-2024, 10:54 AM   #27525
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, the Coke/Oreos concoctions made their way to KY. My daughter found them at her local Kroger. We happen to be meeting her and her BF and his parents for dinner tonight so she's bringing us a 20 oz Oreo Coke and a sleeve of Coke Oreos.

And no, I will not stop trying things like this that companies make up. I have reflected on the fact that I go out of my way to try, and usually like, these concoctions - sometimes preferring them to the original - and I've come to the conclusion that this is where my beverage and music tastes collide. I'm almost always way more interested in genre-bending/mashing music than just straight-up, plain genre staples. So I think that explains a lot about why I'm always trying to chase these things down. Since Spice Coke was released, I've drank about 5 times as many of those than plain Coke. Same for the different flavors of Dr. Pepper versus the original.

Give me something new, exciting and different. As long as it doesn't suck!

I will definitely try it once.
Old 09-12-2024, 12:57 PM   #27526
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Tried the Oreo Coke Zero. Disappointing

There is a ‘aftertaste’ but in no way does it taste like an Oreo.
Old 09-12-2024, 05:25 PM   #27527
21C
College Prospect

I actually forgot about my favorite combination of names this year. In one class, I have four boys called Luca, Luka, Lucas and Lukas.
Old 09-12-2024, 09:20 PM   #27528
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Tried the Oreo Coke Zero. Disappointing

There is a ‘aftertaste’ but in no way does it taste like an Oreo.

I have both, but have not tried the Coke because it's warm. I tried the oreos and ... I don't know, It smells more like Coke than it tastes. It tastes like .... something ... decent? Better on the front-end than the back-end.
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #27529
Suicane75
Coordinator

Whenever I dash, grub or whatever, I always leave 2 very specific instructions. Back door (We have a front door but it's inaccessible) and Cash tip. The number of drivers who just put the stuff on the front porch and drive off boggles my mind.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #27530
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oreo Coke Zero has some cream soda type notes. I kinda like it.
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #27531
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Whenever I dash, grub or whatever, I always leave 2 very specific instructions. Back door (We have a front door but it's inaccessible) and Cash tip. The number of drivers who just put the stuff on the front porch and drive off boggles my mind.

They can’t read English. Also “cash tip” is the biggest bullshit line. If I had a dollar for every “cash tip” or “I’ll tip you in the app” I’ve heard I would have a bunch of money.

Last edited by stevew : Yesterday at 12:43 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #27532
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Oreo Coke Zero has some cream soda type notes. I kinda like it.

Maybe it's my shot taste buds. Did you taste any Oreo?
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #27533
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Maybe it's my shot taste buds. Did you taste any Oreo?

Personally I thought the initial taste reminded me a lot of Vanilla Coke. There is an after taste which is interesting but I don't know how to describe it.
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #27534
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
They can’t read English. Also “cash tip” is the biggest bullshit line. If I had a dollar for every “cash tip” or “I’ll tip you in the app” I’ve heard I would have a bunch of money.

Do drivers not have a history of customer reviews? I always tip well and figured cash in hand is preferred over tipping in the app. And I'm 100% certain the ones I've seen leave it and go can read english.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #27535
stevew
Hall Of Famer

In app tips are included in the eats/DD ride offer sent to the driver. If you aren’t tipping in the app your food is coming thru as a $2ish opportunity. This probably results in it sitting on a shelf a lot longer. I don’t do food delivery but I’m guessing most people see your order as “this mf wants me to deliver to his back door for a 0$ cash tip. As if he’s tipping LOL.”

I’d just in app tip on eats and if you aren’t satisfied down rate and pull back some amount of the tip. If it’s DD I’d throw a few bucks in the app and a few singles on the back door. If they deliver to the front give them a 3* or 1*.
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #27536
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Personally I thought the initial taste reminded me a lot of Vanilla Coke. There is an after taste which is interesting but I don't know how to describe it.

That's how I describe the cookie. Still haven't tried the Coke. The cookie had those fizz candy pieces in it too. It definitely had a vanilla cookie finish I'd say.
Old Today, 01:44 AM   #27537
stevew
Hall Of Famer

THE SETUPThis is a massive deep cut, but there is this 80s movie with Mare Winningham called “Who is Julia?” This Movie does not even have a Wikipedia page, but anyways the plot is that some hot girl has a bad accident and has her brain transplanted into Mare Winningham‘s body(who has an aneurysm), and she hast to learn to live with not being a super hot anymore. All kinds of body disphoria. Such a shitty movie that it doesn’t deserve a Wikipedia page and I’m probably only one of a dozen people that even remembers it.

THE PITCH Remake this movie starring an athlete like Tua who will likely be brain dead at an early age. Sub in someone like Stephen Hawking’s brain and it culminates in a Super Bowl win Avatar style.
Old Today, 04:36 AM   #27538
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Jane's Addiction frontman Perry Ferrell told the Boston crowd to F off and then scream at his bandmates to do the same. Then went up and punched guitarist Dave Navarro in the chest and had to be restrained and carried offstage by the roadies. So like that happened.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:19 AM   #27539
Ksyrup

I heard about that Jane's Addiction story perry-ferrell-y.

Thank you, I'll be here all weekend.
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #27540
GrantDawg

Quote:
THE SETUPThis is a massive deep cut, but there is this 80s movie with Mare Winningham called “Who is Julia?” This Movie does not even have a Wikipedia page, but anyways the plot is that some hot girl has a bad accident and has her brain transplanted into Mare Winningham‘s body(who has an aneurysm), and she hast to learn to live with not being a super hot anymore. All kinds of body disphoria. Such a shitty movie that it doesn’t deserve a Wikipedia page and I’m probably only one of a dozen people that even remembers it.

THE PITCH Remake this movie starring an athlete like Tua who will likely be brain dead at an early age. Sub in someone like Stephen Hawking’s brain and it culminates in a Super Bowl win Avatar style.
My God, I remember this movie. I felt like I might have imagined it the lack of of ever hearing anything about it again.