Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2024, 02:19 PM   #701
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
88. He is at Williams.

Edit: We took 81 to 88. I did think about you when we hit New York, but I wasn't sure which town you were in.

I'm in Newburgh, so if you would have taken 84 at Scranton that would take you to me.

Congrats on the graduation. In three years it will be my daughter's turn.
Old 06-02-2024, 06:15 PM   #702
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Thanks. We are having dinner in Vermont right now. I could so see myself living here.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 06:39 PM   #703
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We really enjoyed Vermont the couple of times we've been. First was a long weekend (5 days), just the wife and I, in the fall chasing colors and covered bridges. Second was passing back and forth through with the kids on a NE trip.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 11:01 AM   #704
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just sharing a note from Will's current journey

He landed safely in Tokyo (HAN) about 415 U.S. time this morning

The one travel wrinkle was that ATL-MPS-HAN was supposed to have about a 2h layover in Minneapolis. Delta delayed his flight (notified the night before) -- seemed maybe they combined 2 flights? His plane was only about 60% full -- turning it into 6 hrs in the airport. So from leaving home til takeoff in MPS was only about an hour less than the flight to Japan from there.

Baggage plus customs took about an hour.
Hailing a taxi? 2 minutes.
Old 06-04-2024, 04:56 PM   #705
Edward64
Head Coach

MPS is a nice airport to be delayed in (unless it was in the middle of the night).

Access to lounges also helps. I got the Cap One Venture X because it was the lowest of the Premium cards that provided Priority Club lounge access. $395 but you get $300 travel credit a year so if he flies at least once a year it brings it down to $95 cost. There's also an anniversary 10k miles which theoretically brings the cost of the card from $395 to -$5.

I've been happy with it because of the Priority Club lounges which I've used maybe 5-6 times now. The Cap One portal for hotels really, really suck (I'm surprised how amateurish it is). It's okay for flights.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 01:38 AM   #706
Edward64
Head Coach

I think I want to be a flight attendant in my 2nd career. Not for US domestic but for international routes. Domestic 2-4 hour jaunts would be horrible.

Along with travel benefits, there are plenty of size 1-2 beautiful flight attendants. Have to read up on eligibility & process.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-15-2024 at 01:38 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote