Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #451
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
He badly underthrew 2 possible TDs and it seemed like he just couldn't throw it far enough. The receivers outran his arm.

...but if he had thrown it just 5% farther...
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #452
Drake
assmaster

Also, what does it say about the state of the NFL that I'm more excited about the Bucs/Falcons game next Thursday than I was about the Giants/Cowboys?

Me and Pepperidge Farms are old enough to remember when tonight's game would have seemed like an epic matchup instead of a "football's on; I guess I'll watch it" game.

Edit: I think it might just be the bad influence on this board. There are more Falcons fans here than I've ever met in real, actual life. I feel for you guys.

Last edited by Drake : Yesterday at 10:54 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #453
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I feel like Al Michaels's IDGAF style as he ages makes for great television and will be awesome until one game when he says something that causes Amazon to issue a statement the next day that includes the phrases "mutually decided" "regrettable" and "wish Mr. Micahels the best"
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #454
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I feel like Al Michaels's IDGAF style as he ages makes for great television and will be awesome until one game when he says something that causes Amazon to issue a statement the next day that includes the phrases "mutually decided" "regrettable" and "wish Mr. Micahels the best"

Doesn't seem like he gets along with Kirk, though, and that makes it a little unfun to watch.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:55 PM   #455
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I hate that team and they obviously hate each other
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:01 PM   #456
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I have to push back on this a bit. How many elite passers the past few seasons have not also had an elite pass catcher? At least to bridge the gap until they can turn those number 2's into 1's.

The Jags (and cousin Baalke) have taken nine players over the past five drafts with either day one or day two picks:

2020: WR Laviska Shenault
2021: QB Trevor Lawrence; RB Travis Etienne; T Walker Little
2022: G Luke Fortner
2023: OL Anton Harrison; TE Brenton Strange; RB Tank Bigsby
2024: WR Brian Thomas

This doesn't even account for Travon Walker first overall in 2022.

You hit on some of those picks a little better with guys that contribute and this looks like a different team.

You are correct. The Jags did not provide Lawrence with an elite pass catcher before he signed his record breaking contract.

Just because his name was brought up earlier, let's see what Daniel Jones has had to work with since the year before he was drafted in 2019.

2018: RB Saquon Barkley; G Will Hernandez
2019: QB Daniel Jones
2020: T Andrew Thomas; T Matt Peart
2021: WR Kadarius Toney
2022: WR Wan'dale Robinson; OL Joshua Ezeudu
2023: C John Michael Schmitz; WR Jalin Hyatt
2024: WR Malik Nabers

So where is the benefit of the doubt as far as being an elite passer who just needs his team to hit on some picks and everything would be different for Jones given the numbers both have put up?

My point is not to say that Lawrence is a bust or Jones is a future HOFer. It is not to say that either the Giants or the Jaguars have done right by either QB. Both organizations have done little to help their young QBs to this point. My point is it makes no sense to me that Lawrence can escape criticisms and threats of benchings for his performances due to the Jags front office, poor coaching and/or a lack of talent around him but a guy like Daniel Jones can't use an equally bad front office, equally bad coaching and equally poor talent around him over a longer period to excuse his poor performances.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #457
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

They paid a bunch of money to bring in Zay Jones, Ridley, Engram, and Kirk. They've invested heavily in the draft on offensive line. Not saying he has a great supporting cast but if you're the #1 pick in the draft, you shouldn't need Justin Jefferson on your roster to look competent.

Coaching and front office deserve blame but he's also looked pretty bad reading defenses and being inaccurate on easy throws.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote