Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL: 2023 Playoffs Thread!

We'll start this up around 9:15 ET or so tonight.

Good luck to our playoff teams!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, getting the exports now

Old 06-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 1:

Rojas pitches for Edmonton, Diaz for Baltimore.

The first blood is drawn in the bottom of the 4th inning when a RBI double from Trujillo and an Ibarra RBI single put the Edge up 2-0. The Charm finally scratch the scoreboard in the top of the 8th vs Rojas when Laranjeira hits a 1-out triple, followed by a Gervasio Rei ping hit sac fly to score him and bring Baltimore within 1.

The Edge are held scoreless in the bottom of the 8th and bring in Wright to try for the save in the top of the 9th. He forces Whittingham to fly out, but then Romero doubles with one out to start a rally...

Parkinson up next hits right to the shortstop who catches Romero trying to make it to third for the second out of the inning. Hembrow, the final chance for Baltimore.. the very first pitch he swings on, but right to the third baseman.. the easy throw to first and that is the ball game.

Edmonton 2, Baltimore 1

Old 06-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 1:

Hernandez pitches for Hammersmith vs Sierra for New York

Jose Gonzales gives Sierra the early lead as an RBI single in the top of the 2nd puts New York up 1-0. They add to the lead in the 6th when Hernandez gives up a single to Justin Geldard with runners on first and second.. a throwing error from the left fielder allows Nick Vega to score from third to give the Heroes a 2-0 lead.

Hammersmith ties it up in the bottom of the inning however when Miguel Rodriguez drives a double to the centerfield gap that scores both Castel and Harrington to tie things up!

That remains the score entering the 9th inning.. Abbott now pitching for Hammersmith, he starts off on the right note by striking out Geldard, but then he gives up a walk to Sandoval to put the go ahead run on first. Hammersmith wastes no time in bringing in Watanabe from the bullpen. Watanabe gets Gonzales to strike out for the second out of the inning, but then walks Bryan to put two on base! Vince Hanna, up next fouls off a pitch, but then on the 2-2 pitch strikes out swinging to end the top of the 9th still tied at 2...

Matsusuke Tanaka comes in to pitch for New York in the bottom of the 9th and he promptly walks Cuevas to start the inning. Cuevas is pinch ran for by Jason Major who gets to take second on a wild pitch. The wild pitch ends up not mattering as Tanaka ends up walking the batter anyways to put two on and no outs. Guthrie up now with the winning run in scoring position.. He swings on a 1-2 pitch and grounds it deep in the hole at Shortstop... the shortstop gets to the ball, but has no where to go with it.. no way to get Guthrie who was hustling to first. He saves the run however!

Bases loaded, no outs in the bottom of the 9th for Aguilar... and the very first pitch he sees, he likes.. jumping on it, he grounds it through the hole at 2B which scores Major from third... and that is the ball game.

Hammersmith 3, New York 2

Old 06-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 2:

Douggie Goff for Baltimore vs Ki-tak Kim for Edmonton

Baltimore scratches the scoreboard in the top of the 4th with a Hector Romero RBI double to make it 1-0 and then add three more in the top of the 5th. Edmonton scores their only run in the bottom of the 5th thanks to a throwing error on the catcher when Ibarra attempts to steal second, but the Edge are not able to come back in this one.

Douggie Goff ends up going 5.1 innings, giving up only 2 hits while Delgado goes 2 for 4 with 2 RBI as the Charm tie the series up at 1 a piece.

Baltimore 4, Edmonton 1

The CLCS is tied 1 a piece

Old 06-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 2:

Brooks for Hammersmith vs Riley for New York

This game stays even for the majority of the game as every time New York scored, Hammersmith tied it back up. In the top of the 2nd, Meyers hits a solo shot to put New York up 1-0, but a Castel Solo Homer in the bottom of the 2nd brings it to 1-1.

In the top of the 5th, Hanna hits an RBI single to give New York a 2-1 lead, but once again Hammersmith ties it in the bottom of the inning when Castel gets his second RBI of the game on an RBI single to make it 2-2.

In the top of the 7th, Hanna hits an RBI double to give New York a 3-2 lead, but Castel for the third time in the game ties it up in the bottom of the inning with an RBI single that ties it for a third time at 3-3.

In the top of the 8th, Nick Vega hits an RBI single and Geldard hits an RBI double to give New York the 5-3 lead but in the bottom of the inning, despite having singles from Miguel Rodriguez and Armando Cuevas, Hammersmith is not able to score this time. McIntosh hits another insurance run in for New York in the top of the 9th which means it is up to Tanaka to try to close out the game with the heart of the Hammersmith lineup coming up...

Tanaka gets Guthrie and Aguilar to fly out, but then Mike Jones hits a pinch hit double to try to start a rally. Harrington, the playoff experienced veteran up to bat.. works a full count. The 3-2 pitch.. swung on and missed.. Strike three and that is the ball game!

New York 6, Hammersmith 3

The RLCS is tied up 1 game each

Old 06-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
muns
Pro Starter

hey hey 1-1 in both series. Not a bad way to start
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Not bad at all.

P.S. Where is everyone?
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 3:

Edmonton doesn't even make this one close, as they come out and completely obliterate Baltimore on the road. They score 5 in the second and 8 runs in the top of the 7th on their way to a huge win.

Joaquin Pina is the game's big star, going 3 for 6 with a double, a home run and 5 RBI as Kieran Browne tops Xavier Uridge.

Edmonton 16, Baltimore 3

Edmonton leads the series 2 games to 1

Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Not bad at all.

P.S. Where is everyone?

It always trails off for the playoffs..... downside of having a small league, only 4 teams.

Chief works, Ekcut has the kids, NY is in another country right???

so its just me you and alan
Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
CLCS Game 3:

Edmonton doesn't even make this one close, as they come out and completely obliterate Baltimore on the road. They score 5 in the second and 8 runs in the top of the 7th on their way to a huge win.

Joaquin Pina is the game's big star, going 3 for 6 with a double, a home run and 5 RBI as Kieran Browne tops Xavier Uridge.

Edmonton 16, Baltimore 3

Edmonton leads the series 2 games to 1

ok i could do without the beat downs like that
Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
It always trails off for the playoffs..... downside of having a small league, only 4 teams.

Chief works, Ekcut has the kids, NY is in another country right???

so its just me you and alan

LOL. At least it's cozy. I'm actually checking in on my iPod while I watch a movie with my brother. I'll probably actually use this thing while I'm in Spain too.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 3:

Luis Hernandez for New York vs Tomas Gallegos for Hammersmith

Hammersmith jumps on Hernandez early in a 5 run top of the first, thanks to a Don Adler 3-run Home Run which gives Hammersmith the early 5-0 lead. The Hooligans add another in the 6th on a Guthrie on their way to what could possibly be a blow out..

In the bottom of the 9th, Gallegos still pitching for Hammersmith walks the first two batters but then gets Jose Gonzales striking out for the first out of the inning. He walks two more in a row however, including Nick Vega with the bases loaded to give up the first run of the game for New York.

That is it for Gallegos, and Eduardo De Los Santos comes in to pitch for Hammersmith with the bases loaded and one out with a 6-1 lead...

Ricardo Sandoval, takes a called strike, but then hits a ball hard to right field.. but it will be playable.. Caught by the right fielder, but it is deep enough to score another run from third base to make it 6-2, but two outs now in the 9th...

Geldard works a full count and manages to take a walk to once again load the bases which brings the tying run up to bat in the form of Dale Bryan...

Bryan swings on the first pitch.. and hit to the first baseman... this should do it... oh it goes through his legs, Bill Buckner style! Everyone is safe and another run scores.. 6-3 now is the score, with the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the 9th...

New York calls on Vince Hanna to pinch hit now, a chance to be a hero... He works a 2-2 count, the pitch.. swung on... and missed! Strike three! Hammersmith squeaks out a close one!

Hammersmith 6, New York 3

Hammersmith leads the series 2 games to 1.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
LOL. At least it's cozy. I'm actually checking in on my iPod while I watch a movie with my brother. I'll probably actually use this thing while I'm in Spain too.

I am guessing it is not a good movie?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

One thing I did not mention in the RLCS game 3, Gallegos actually had a 1-hitter going when he entered the 9th and everything started to melt down. New York ended up scoring 3 runs on only 2 hits for the game.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Another note for the humor department... the same day that Xavier Uridge gets completely blown out by Edmonton in the CLCS game 3, he signs a 3 year, $23.3 million dollar extension with Baltimore... perhaps he should have had his mind on other things than cha-ching?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #17
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
One thing I did not mention in the RLCS game 3, Gallegos actually had a 1-hitter going when he entered the 9th and everything started to melt down. New York ended up scoring 3 runs on only 2 hits for the game.

wow does that just suck!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

thats good, now youll get to check in on Alans job with your squad!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #19
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Another note for the humor department... the same day that Xavier Uridge gets completely blown out by Edmonton in the CLCS game 3, he signs a 3 year, $23.3 million dollar extension with Baltimore... perhaps he should have had his mind on other things than cha-ching?

ok im not really sure how I feel about that one.

He wanted 9+ per year and I threw out like 7.7 to see him reject it. Now that he has accepted, lol that puts me in a lil bind

I would have much rather romero signed his deal instead!

Last edited by muns : 06-16-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 4:

Chong pitching for Baltimore vs Catron for Edmonton

Both pitchers are excellent in this one, and no one scores until the top of the 8th, when Trujillo hits an RBI single to score the first run of the game for Edmonton and gives them a 1-0 Edge...

Baltimore can't do anything in the bottom of the 8th, and Edmonton goes down 1-2-3 in order in the top of the 9th to bring us to the bottom of the 9th.

The Edge bring in closer Josh Wright to try to wrap this one up. He gets Minns to fly out for the first out of the inning, but then Duncan Gowen comes up to bat as a pinch hitter and he lines one to left field for a single. He is pinch ran for by Jose Martinez, and this brings up the meat of the Baltimore lineup....

Whittingham fouls off multiple pitches but then on a 1-2 pitch holds off and is shocked when the ump calls it a strike three. He strikes out looking for the second out of the inning...

This leaves the game in Hector Romero's hands. Romero has to be a shoe in for the Continental League Hideaki Tanaka award this year... he won't be the hero this time however, he hits one right to the shortstop who takes it unassisted to the bag at second for the final out, and Edmonton wins.

Edmonton 1, Baltimore 0

Edmonton leads the series 3 games to 1.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #21
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Hello, can we know how much Romero is asking for after that crazy season?
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #22
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
I am guessing it is not a good movie?

"invincible" with mark whalberg (sp?)

It's not bad. A little boring.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #23
muns
Pro Starter

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH man thats tough to swallow
Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #24
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinbranco View Post
Hello, can we know how much Romero is asking for after that crazy season?

Hey buck, its a lil under 19 mil per year for 4 years

Last edited by muns : 06-16-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #25
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
thats good, now youll get to check in on Alans job with your squad!!!

I know. I'm excited about it! The sad thing for my team will be when I get back and take over again.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 4:

Sierra for New York vs Hernandez for Hammersmith in a battle of All star pitchers...

Hernandez blinks first and New York gets two singles, a walk and a double in the bottom of the 2nd and New York gives Sierra a 3-0 lead as Carroll hits a bases loaded double that clears the bases.

The story of this game however is Juan Sierra, who had a no-hitter working until the 7th inning when Guoncalo Castel dribbles a seeing eye single through the infield between first and second to get on base. Harrington wipes out the runner immediately following that with a 4-6-3 double play however.

Hammersmith only manages one other hit in the game and Juan Sierra faces only 28 hitters, 1 more than the minimum in a classic 2-hit performance where he walked no one.

New York 4, Hammersmith 0

The RLCS is tied up 2 games each

Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #27
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sunday, October 1st, 2023: Sierra Whitewashes Hammersmith
Today at New York Grounds Juan Sierra really had his stuff working. The New York hurler mystified the Hammersmith Hooligans and shut them out 4-0. Sierra allowed a total of 2 hits in the ballgame.

In 2023 Sierra has compiled a 26-12 mark with a 2.18 ERA in 41 starts.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #28
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Wow. Both sides are keeping it interesting tonight.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #29
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 5:

Diaz pitching in a must win game for Baltimore vs Rojas for Edmonton

Edmonton looks to put the series away as they jump out to the early 1-0 lead in the top of the 2nd. Baltimore ties it up in the bottom of the 3rd however when Miura steals both second and third base and then Diaz helps himself with a double that scores Miura.

Baltimore jumps ahead in the bottom of the 4th on a Hector Romero Triple, followed by a Parkinson sac fly to give the Charm a 3-1 lead which lasts for a few innings. In the 7th however three singles and a hit by pitch gives Edmonton 2 more runs to tie it back at 3 each.

Edmonton look to put the series away in the top of the 8th as Hernandez and Gill hit back to back doubles that knock in 2 RBI and give the Edge a 5-3 lead, but in the b ottom of the inning a Minns Triple, Whittingham double and Hector Romero 2-run Home run put Baltimore back on top 6-5!!

Baltimore brings Gareth Dempster in to pitch the top of the 9th to try to close out the game for them...

He strikes out Ibarra for the first out of the inning, but then he gives up a walk to Campoy, a single to Sasaki before getting the second out of the inning striking out Joaquin Pina.

A walk to Phil Sutton, a pinch hitter loads the bases with two outs for the always dangerous Carlos Trujillo who fouls off many pitches before knocking one into right field which scores two runs and gives Edmonton the 7-6 lead!

Arturo Hernandez follows with a single of his own that scores another run to make it 8-6 and Gill is walked before Lourenco Webb is finally struck out to end the inning... Edmonton takes the three runs on three hits and the lead...

Wright comes in once again to try to close the game out.. He strikes out Rei looking, Laranjeira swinging to leave it up to pinch hitter Duncan Gowen...

Gowen slaps one right to the first baseman who makes an easy toss to the pitcher and thats it.. Edmonton has won!

Edmonton 8, Baltimore 6

Edmonton is the 2023 Continental League Champions!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #30
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Wow, $19 Million/Year.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #31
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 5:

Riley for New York vs Brooks for Hammersmith

New York gets an early lead on a Duran RBI single that scores Nick Vega to go up 1-0 in the bottom of the 1st.

Hammersmith ties it up in the top of the third on a Scotty Guthrie RBI single, but that does not last long due to New York scoring again in the bottom half of the inning thanks to a Nick Vega sac fly to make it 2-1.

New York extends their lead in the bottom of the 5th when Nick Vega hits another sac fly to make it 3-1. That remains the score until the top of the 8th when Jesus Souza absolutely crushes a monster home run.. a 2-run homer that travels 450 feet to dead away center field and ties the game back up 3 a piece.

It does not always matter how far the ball goes however as in the bottom of the 8th, a Dale Bryan RBI double down the third base line scores one and gives New York back the lead 4-3.

In the top of the 9th, Tanaka comes in to close it out for New York, but he gives up a pinch hit single to Jones before getting Yan to fly out to left field. Cuevas comes up next with another single that puts the go-ahead run on first with only one out...

Rafael Rodriguez fouls off three pitches before missing on the fourth and goes down swinging for the second out of the inning... to bring up Scotty Guthrie once again..

Guthrie likes the first pitch he sees but hits it right to the shortstop for the easy ground out to end the game..

New York 4, Hammersmith 3

New York leads the series 3 games to 2

Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #32
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Nice job Edmonton! (sorry muns!)
Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #33
muns
Pro Starter

well congrats on the win Eric. You def earned that one off of dempster!!!

Good luck in the finals!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 6:

This one is just ugly... New York scores in every inning except the 5th and 7th innings, including a 9-run 4th inning.... Hammersmith does not do bad on the offensive side, scoring 8 runs themselves but they still lose by 13 runs! Gallegos follows up his near one-hit performance by giving up 8 runs on 10 hits in only 3.1 innings this time.

Jose Gonzales goes 5 for 7 with 2 HR and 6 RBI, Gabriel Duran goes 3 for 6 with a HR and 7 RBI and Aaron McIntosh goes 3 for 4 with a double, 2 RBI, 3 Walks and 5 Runs scored for New York. The Heroes also get 2 more home runs from geldard and another from Vega in the win.

New York 21, Hammersmith 8

New York is the 2023 Republic League Champions!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #35
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And we have a rematch of last year's FOOL Classic between the New York Heroes and Edmonton Edge. This is the third straight year that the Heroes have been the RL Champs, while this is Edmonton's third visit to the FOOL Classic in the last four seasons.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #36
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023: 5-Hit Barrage by Gonzáles
"It was almost like batting practice. I saw the ball very well and could just about hit it anywhere I wanted." That's what New York left fielder José Gonzáles said to BNN reporters after his fantastic 5-7 day against the Hammersmith Hooligans at New York Grounds. "I got some good counts and used the whole field."

The Heroes had a good day, too, and won the ballgame 21-8.

J. Gonzáles singled in the 1st, grounded out in the 3rd, hit an RBI single in the 4th, struck out in the 4th, singled in the 6th, hit a two-run home run off S. Watanabe in the 8th and hit a three-run home run off D. Boyd in the 9th.

Gonzáles is batting .283 in 2023 with 20 home runs, 97 RBIs and 92 runs scored. He has 180 hits in 637 at-bats.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #37
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
RLCS Game 6:

This one is just ugly... New York scores in every inning except the 5th and 7th innings, including a 9-run 4th inning.... Hammersmith does not do bad on the offensive side, scoring 8 runs themselves but they still lose by 13 runs! Gallegos follows up his near one-hit performance by giving up 8 runs on 10 hits in only 3.1 innings this time.

Jose Gonzales goes 5 for 7 with 2 HR and 6 RBI, Gabriel Duran goes 3 for 6 with a HR and 7 RBI and Aaron McIntosh goes 3 for 4 with a double, 2 RBI, 3 Walks and 5 Runs scored for New York. The Heroes also get 2 more home runs from geldard and another from Vega in the win.

New York 21, Hammersmith 8

New York is the 2023 Republic League Champions!

Wow. Not the way Chief wanted that one to end.

Congrats to NY on the win.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #38
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
And we have a rematch of last year's FOOL Classic between the New York Heroes and Edmonton Edge. This is the third straight year that the Heroes have been the RL Champs, while this is Edmonton's third visit to the FOOL Classic in the last four seasons.

ya id say these 2 have been fairly dominate
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #39
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The 2023 FOOL Classic:

New York Heroes (91-71)

vs

Edmonton Edge (92-70)

Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #40
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

21 runs jeeze. It seems pitching is overrated in this league.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #41
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic Game 1:

What appears to be a mismatch in game 1 between Juan Sierra for New York and Ki-tak Kim for Edmonton (Kim went 12-14 with a 4.80 ERA during the 2023 season for Edmonton) actually ends up being quite a pitcher's duel...

The first score of the game comes in the bottom of the 7th when Jose Campoy hits a RBI single to give Edmonton a 1-0 lead. New York threatens a few times, but can't strike through against Kim...

Entering the top of the 9th, Edmonton leaves Ming Ren in to pitch and try to save this close one..
He gets the pinch hitter Geldard to ground out, strikes out Sandoval and induces pinch hitter Jose Martinez to fly out to end the game.

Kim goes 7 innings, and gives up only 4 hits while Sierra goes 8 innings, giving up 5 hits but also gives up the game's only run.

Edmonton 1, New York 0

Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #42
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinbranco View Post
21 runs jeeze. It seems pitching is overrated in this league.

Funny you say this right before a pitcher's duel!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #43
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Oh jeez...I forgot to do DH lineups again this year!!
Well the AI did me proud last season, why mess with a good thing...

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic game 2:

Riley for New York (1-0 2.77 ERA this postseason)

vs

Browne for Edmonton (1-0 3.00 ERA this postseason)

Old 06-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #45
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Edmonton get the first two runs of the game on a Marc Gill Solo home run in the bottom of the 4th and Kieran Browne knocking in a run to help himself in the bottom of the 5th for a 2-0 lead..

In the top of the 6th however, Gabriel Duran absolutely crushes.. and I mean crushes... like the ball hasn't landed yet... a 534 foot GRAND SLAM Home run off of Browne to give New York a 4-2 lead.

Edmonton gets one back in the bottom of the 6th on a Gill RBI double but New York runs away with this one in the end.

Duran ends up going 2 for 4 with a HR and 5 RBI and McIntosh goes 3 for 5 with a triple and an RBI in the win for New York.

New York 7, Edmonton 4

The FOOL Classic is tied at one game each.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #46
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic Game 3:

Catron for Edmonton (1-0 0.00 ERA this postseason)

vs

Luis Hernandez for New York (1-1 7.30 ERA this postseason)

Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #47
muns
Pro Starter

gland slam huh.... Pretty neat in the classic
Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Edmonton jumps on Hernandez from the start in this one.. Campoy leads off the game with a solo home run for the 1-0 lead, but Edmonton is not done yet... Trujillo singles, Webb Triples, Ibarra knocks in Webb with a sac-fly... Agnew Singles, Hernandez grounds out for the second out of the inning, but then Gill Singles in another run before Pina flys out for the final out of the top of the first. Edmonton starts with ane arly 4-0 lead!

New York gets two back in the bottom of the 4th on a Hanna RBI triple but that remains the score until the bottom of the 9th...

Down 4-2, Duran hits a Solo homer in the bottom of the 9th, but no one else gets on base and Edmonton escapes with a win on the road..

Edmonton 4, New York 3

Edmonton leads the FOOL Classic 2 games to 1

Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #49
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
gland slam huh.... Pretty neat in the classic

Not only that, but most homers I see tend to be 360-400 feet. Occasionally I see one 425+ or so.. but I rarely see one that ends up across the street like that one!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic Game 4:

Armando Rojas for Edmonton (1-0 3.52 ERA this postseason)

vs

Juan Sierra for New York (1-1 0.41 ERA this postseason)