Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
muns
Pro Starter

Clarification on the Buggy Salary issue for 1 year deals

This goes back and ties in with the CRE issue if anyone remembers that stuff, so bear with me as I try to explain this....

As I was looking over my salary report the past few nights (mostly because I was trying to figure out how much money I had to try to sign higman) I noticed that a few of my guys had their salary rolled over for the upcoming season and that a few of them had not. For example my second baseman rolled over his 11 mil 1 year deal and then one of my OF'S who had a 1 year 5 mil deal did not roll over (Sorry I cant remember his name and Im at work without the game).

So That troubled me and I stared to see if I could figure out why that was going on

I remembered this was an issue with the CRE'S and that we (to my understanding) didnt have any idea why that was happening or why it only happend to some guys and not others. It was determinded to be a gamble to sign a guy to like an 11 year deal because if you landed him you might get stuck with that contract.

Since ive been rebuilding, Ive been signing guys that nobody wanted or cut to 1 year deals in hopes that they would develop with playing time or some time on my AAA team. That way if I didnt want them or need them for the following season..... no harm no foul and I could go my sperate way without eating any money

What I have figured out is this:

If you sign a guy who doesnt have any MLB experience to say a 1 year 11 mil deal and you stick him in your minor league system, the game treats it as your paying him his 11 mil that year, and the following year he gets rolled over to a minor legue deal. So basically you paid 11 mil just to land him for you organization ( kinda like a signing bonus).

However if you sign that same guy to 1 year 11 mil deal and stick him on your MLB team. You pay him 11 mil until its arbitration time, unless you offer him a deal new and he accepts.

So I hope that helps some guys out once and IF they go into rebuild mode. It also might help some people who have some extra cash laying around and might want to throw that to a spect sitting there that hasnt been signed yet.

Just my findings that I wanted to share. Looking forward again to the upcoming season!!!!

Last edited by muns : 08-29-2008 at 02:35 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Carlton Watkins was the 2nd baseman in question here.