Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-18-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Any good Boxing Sims out

Hi, I was just wondering if there were any good boxing sims out since recently, I know of World Championship Boxing Manager, but I heard that game wasn't all that great, the demo doesn't let me try it for long enough (5 days or 5 uses) which have already been used up (usage wise) ... so maybe I missed a better sim along the way that I don't know about?

Anyone that has WCBM is free to give me their opinion of it, so that I can know what I'm going to do ... I'd like to buy a "different" kind of sim rather than Baseball, Soccer, Football every year, and I already own OOTP 5, haven't yet ordered Championship Manager 4, and have had Front Office Football 4 for a long time so ... any help?

Thanks!

LionsFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 06:41 AM   #2
Bee
Pro Starter

.400 studios will be releasing Title Bout Championship Boxing which should be out in the next couple months. Last year's version (not associated with .400 studios) might still be available through the Trunzo brothers.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:21 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

You can't buy Title Fight 2001 from the site anymore, but if you check out the boards, and e-mail the Trunzo bro's directly, they might be able to hook you up with a copy.

I bought one this way a few months back, fun game...it has issues, but overall is pretty fun. It's not a sim in the sense of CM or OOTP or those though, it's not career based...it's mostly for creating historical fights or what-if matches.

Of course if you're like me, playing the game ends up more like work than entertainment, but that's my problem.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 04:58 AM   #4
andy m
High School Varsity

i just bought a boxing board game made by avalon hills on ebay. it looks pretty cool.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:35 AM   #5
Calis
College Starter

Have to let us know how/what it is. I've never been a big board game, but I wouldn't need much to push over to it.

Actually, I know the Title Fight games are based off of a board game, isn't it Avalon Hill as well? Hell, it might be called Title Fight as well, I'm not sure.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:46 AM   #6
condors
College Starter

i have the avalon hill card/board game called title bout its pretty good but i am waiting for the computer version
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 12:41 AM   #7
PilotMan
Head Coach

I grew up with the Title Bout board game boxing as well. Sort of the Strat o Matic of boxing. It was developed by the Trunzo brothers and has had many compuer forms already. I played their version from Lance Haffner Games for hours. They are the one's that produced Titile Fight 2001. Which is a good game that I own now. Allows the same functions as the board, except it is faster and automated. Their New version is associated with .400 Studios. It looks like a huge jump in the world of Boxing sims. You can view the web page here.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote