Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Those wacky country artists!

I saw Toby Keith on Midday Live yesterday, and he said that she was after him for awhile, but then took on a bigger target than him and got herself into trouble, looks like she heard about his comments! Here's a piece of the article:

Natalie Maines may have donned the T-shirt, but it was Toby Keith who wore the pants at the Academy of Country Music awards, held Wednesday (May 21) in Las Vegas.

With eight nominations, Keith won the entertainer of the year trophy, his first victory in that category. However, he apparently left the ceremony early, so Vince Gill and host Reba McEntire -- fellow Oklahomans -- accepted on his behalf.

Perhaps Keith was on a flight to Austin, Texas, to put a boot in Maines' you-know-what. Beamed in from a Dixie Chicks concert in Austin to sing "Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)," Maines wore a shirt with the letters "F.U.T.K." Considering their public battles, it can be assumed the last two letters signify "Toby Keith," and the first two letters probably don't need to be deciphered.

Here's a link to the article!

http://www.cmt.com/news/feat/acm.awards.052103.jhtml

Cards4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 02:58 PM   #2
cuervo72
Head Coach

Real class act, that girl is. But, whatever. I don't pay attention to her or her music anyway (wel....I don't really pay attention to much country music).

On the other hand.....I've always dug Reba for non-musical reasons
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:29 PM   #3
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo72
On the other hand.....I've always dug Reba for non-musical reasons

Reba McIntire??? I hope you mean you think she is funny.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:32 PM   #4
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Toby could kick Natalie's ass . That was just childish on Natalie's part, but recently she's shown how childish she really is. At the very least she could have stuck it out with her views... and at best she could have made her views known stateside instead of saying them in Europe and hoping they never made it back across the Atlantic.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:05 PM   #5
Swaggs
Coordinator

I used to like Toby Keith, and I still like most of his music, but I think he has gotten a little too much pub on the issue. Everyone and their brother has now written a country song about 9/11 (as brilliantly parodied on SP, when Alan Jackson came in and had a song with "9/11" as its repeating chorus) and his just got a little more press because it said, "ass!" in it and it didn't get played on the one national broadcast. They are both idiots as far as I am concerned. Her for saying something amazingly stupid and him for ingeniously called her on it. Big deal.

F them both.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 04:09 PM   #6
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

From what I hear the whole thing started when she told people that his kind of music made country artists sound like they were ignorant(after the release of the patriotic song). So, she's allowed her opinion, but he's not allowed his? Is that what she is saying?

She probably was ok on that comment, but, then she decided to make the Bush comment and then the wall fell down for her. She should have just came out and said she was against the war and left it at that.