Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Whats the Plan?

Ok, so with all that has been said this weekend I am just curious where we are headed on a couple of issues that I have seen brought up.
  1. Is the Vulture League staying?
  2. If so are we moving back the start of their season?
  3. Are we allowing FA signings at the Classic export in the future?
  4. Are we going to continue doing the classic export?
  5. Are we moving to a more expanded playoff picture this year or in the future?
  6. What level are we going to have SB success rate at this upcoming season and how many more seasons will it increase if it does again?
Looking forward to 1974 and beyond!

Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1. Yes, for now.
2. We're going to move their season to end after ours does.
3. No more FA signings during the Classic export, but there hasn't been a vote.
4. I'm leaning towards no. It would surely simplify things.
5. According to the vote, 1980 is the year we'll be moving to divisional play or a wild card. I'm going to load a poll now to decide which we're going to.
6. Alan and the board should take a look at this. I haven't looked at it.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-01-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

nevermind

Last edited by Cringer : 09-01-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Ok, so with all that has been said this weekend I am just curious where we are headed on a couple of issues that I have seen brought up.
  1. Is the Vulture League staying?
  2. If so are we moving back the start of their season?
  3. Are we allowing FA signings at the Classic export in the future?
  4. Are we going to continue doing the classic export?
  5. Are we moving to a more expanded playoff picture this year or in the future?
  6. What level are we going to have SB success rate at this upcoming season and how many more seasons will it increase if it does again?
Looking forward to 1974 and beyond!

My understanding.. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

1. Yes, but the talent there is much less than what we have seen the last few years.
2. Yes, the VL season will dump Free agents into our league at the same time our free agents become available.
3&4. Nothing has been voted upon regarding these. There have been a few random suggestions, some of which I don't necessarily agree with personally in regards to these, but nothing official one way or another so Status quo until otherwise. I personally am hoping we keep changes to the league to a minimum and just let us play .
5. No expanded playoff this year. There was a league vote regarding people's opinions about future of divisional play or wildcards and the last I checked that thread it was tied. Either way there was no change for several years still (if there was going to be change).
6. I was planning on working on a new Stolen base report to see how things were after our changes from this season. I haven't because of all of the other issues people have brought up. Either way I believe we originally agreed to make a change for two years and re-evaluate it. I don't think there will be another change this year to it, but there may be another one next year if the league feels it is not quite to the point we want it once the report is out.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Playoff Expansion Vote - Front Office Football Central
Old 09-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I don't think FA signings during the Classic is important anymore with the VL off the table. If we eliminate the Classic export, then that issue won't be an issue anymore either.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
My understanding.. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

1. Yes, but the talent there is much less than what we have seen the last few years.
2. Yes, the VL season will dump Free agents into our league at the same time our free agents become available.
3&4. Nothing has been voted upon regarding these. There have been a few random suggestions, some of which I don't necessarily agree with personally in regards to these, but nothing official one way or another so Status quo until otherwise. I personally am hoping we keep changes to the league to a minimum and just let us play .
5. No expanded playoff this year. There was a league vote regarding people's opinions about future of divisional play or wildcards and the last I checked that thread it was tied. Either way there was no change for several years still (if there was going to be change).
6. I was planning on working on a new Stolen base report to see how things were after our changes from this season. I haven't because of all of the other issues people have brought up. Either way I believe we originally agreed to make a change for two years and re-evaluate it. I don't think there will be another change this year to it, but there may be another one next year if the league feels it is not quite to the point we want it once the report is out.

Ok, finished my SB report from this season.

MLB = .8 SBA/G , 74% SB Success Rate

FOOL-prechange = 1.2 SBA/G , 56.6% success rate
FOOL-postchange = .6 SBA/G , 67.7% success rate.

Our changes were effective. We effectively made the Stolen base attempts per game much closer to the MLB rate, and actually overshot it slightly. We also brought our success rate up much closer to being realistic to the MLB rate.

We don't by any means need to make FOOL an exact match of the MLB, but we want the world to be somewhat realistic. The current numbers look like they -might- need a much smaller set of tweaking still, but they are much better based on last season alone. Previously we said we would run a two year test, and I don't see any reason to make new changes these season. I think we should just continue on the two season test and re-evaluate after next season where we are with the stolen base issue. If it continues like this year, I think another much smaller set of tweaks (to re-increase SB attempts just slightly, and to improve success rate just a hair more) might be in order. We can see after next season though.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I had some players have actual success stealing bases, so I liked the changes. You may see the A/G go up as folks go back and ramp up base running percentages for some guys now that they can be successful doing it. So yes, until folks adapt and start tweaking strategies, I wouldn't mess with it much at all now.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I don't think FA signings during the Classic is important anymore with the VL off the table. If we eliminate the Classic export, then that issue won't be an issue anymore either.

I don't really agree with eliminating the Classic export though. I like that export both in the playoffs and out of the playoffs. We haven't really had a discussion on that topic and I'm not sure if this thread is the place for it.

My take is that export worked fine every year except two times:

1) When the deadline was moved up without warning
2) When the bulk of the VL league dumped their guys out.

Since neither of those two things are going to happen anymore, do we really need to change things?

I guess I just want to leave things alone.. this season was a great season, it was the best yet. This offseason was the worst yet.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I guess I just want to leave things alone.. this season was a great season, it was the best yet. This offseason was the worst yet

I don't see a reason to alter anything. I just -- as usual, which gets me in trouble, because I care too much -- want to be responsive to what people want. But I agree with the idea that simply put, we've gotten things to a good place after years of tinkering. We're making modest fixes, but we're in a good place.

So we might as well keep things status quo for now, let's have a great off-season and if we need to make changes or alter stuff, we can revisit those issues at a different time.

We've had enough conversation about what to change/fix, I think. I've thrown these issues back to the BoD to mull over and come up with as solution.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #11
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't really agree with eliminating the Classic export though. I like that export both in the playoffs and out of the playoffs. We haven't really had a discussion on that topic and I'm not sure if this thread is the place for it.

My take is that export worked fine every year except two times:

1) When the deadline was moved up without warning
2) When the bulk of the VL league dumped their guys out.

Since neither of those two things are going to happen anymore, do we really need to change things?

I guess I just want to leave things alone.. this season was a great season, it was the best yet. This offseason was the worst yet.

I agree with this.
graygoose12 is offline   Reply With Quote