Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Manchester United: A threepeat?

Greetings to everyone reading this. This is the electronic journal of Christopher Engles.

I'm a 42 year old manager who is considered a great manager. I started out my first season of managing professional football at Harrogate Town in the English Conference North back when I was 29. During my first season, I didn't know if I was going to make it through to a second. We had some rocky games in that first season. Fortunately, I showed enough improvement in the 2nd half of the season, that they gave me a chance to come back for another season. You can read about my first season as manager in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=32963

In my second season as manager, I really developed a system and brought in some good talent. Thanks to their play, I managed to help Harrogate win promotion from the English Conference North. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=33340

In my third season, we continued to gather talent and we continued to win. We won the English Conference National Title and were promoted to League Two. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=33908

In my fourth season, after some early struggles, the team adapted to League Two play and we went on a tear in the second half of the season. Thanks to our hot play, we won the English League Two Title and were promoted to League One. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=34430

In my fifth season, I had to make a very hard decision. The team was struggling in League One as the board had continued to refuse to expand the stadium over the years. We were losing money. We didn't have the money to keep our top players. We were floundering. My status was very high and I was being offered several high profile jobs because of what I had done with Harrogate. I made the hard decision to leave Harrogate in midseason and I moved to Wigan. I suddenly had massive amounts of money. I sent some of it to Harrogate Town for a few of my favorite players. You can read about my fifth season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=35300

In my sixth season, I managed to bring in some potent talent to Wigan via Bosman signings. Thanks to that talent, we won the English Championship with a 99 point season in which we had 30 wins, 9 draws, and 7 losses. I was glad to see that my new system worked nicely at this higher talent level. You can read about my sixth season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=36645

Then, in my seventh season, I knew that Wigan would have a hard time staying in the EPL and I also knew that Manchester United had a coaching vacancy. It took well over a month, but just before league play started Manchester United approached me and offered me the manager's job. I felt bad leaving Wigan after only a year and a half, but this was the golden ring I had been trying to reach. I quickly took the job. I had moderate to good success in my seventh season as I brought in a few very talented players, including wonderkids Adriano and Craig King. We also brought in the very talented Stewart Downing at left wing. As a result, we improved from the previous finish of 5th place to a 2nd place team. You can read about the seventh season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=36968

In my eighth season, we enjoyed great success. We had an early battle with Chelsea for the EPL lead. Eventually, our offense really started popping. Wayne Rooney had his best season ever as a Red Devil. Our defense came together. We won the EPL Title. We also won the English Cup Title. However, we fell short of the quadruple and lost in the final of the Champions League and the English FA Cup. Those were both disappointing losses. A developing story all year long was Wayne Rooney's dissatisfaction that I would not let him go to Milan or another "more prestigious club" that made huge offers for him. You can read about the eighth season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=37396

In my ninth season, the big question going in was if I would be able to sign Wayne Rooney or if I would have to sell him. Fortunately, just before I was about to sell him, I managed to sign Rooney to a new deal. Behind the dynamic duo of Wayne Rooney and Adriano at striker, along with a solid defense we finished 1st in the EPL for a second straight year. Perhaps, more importantly, we won the Champions League for my first time as a manager.

Read all about the 9th season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=37735

In my 10th season, things had settled down. We had Rooney under a long term contract and our offense looked set. However, our defense had questions as Lucio and Rio Ferdinand were aging. Also, Wes Brown was aging and losing his skills. Would these guys be able to hold on for one more season? Would my replacements such as Salva, Marchetti, and Cahais step up? I gradually started the phasing out of Lucio and Ferdinand but they both played in some key games. However, Salva and Marchetti generally did well and proved they can play on this level. Also, we had an explosive offense led by Wayne Rooney who had his best year ever for me with 36 goals and 14 assists in 36 starts. I also saw the surprising developing of Antonio Ortega and Carlos Godoy. We did well and we won the EPL Title for the third straight year. However, we faltered in the quarterfinals of the Champions League and we only pulled off a double. We want.. no we need to build on that success and do better next season. Oh yeah, I helped guide England to one their best World Cup Finishes in a long time. There was a suprising villian that ended our run.

You can read about my 10th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=38819

My 11th season was the season that finally saw me drop Rio Ferdinand from the active playing list. Also, we saw Lucio, Cristian Chivu, Wes Brown, and Zdenek Grygera all get phased out of the playing rotation. Newcomer Mark van den Boogaart had one of the best years I've ever seen out of a right back. However, I knew that he was only a stop gap for 2-3 years and I was actively searching for a young right back all year long. Unfortunately, I never found one worth signing. I relied on Wayne Rooney and Adriano more than ever in part due to injuries to Craig King and James McFadden, and also because James McFadden is slowly starting to lose his abilities. We faltered towards the end of the season and had a disappointing 2nd place finish in the EPL. That loss cost us our first triple. Read about our 11th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=39668

In my 12th season, we started out with some early losses, but we rebounded and had a strong second half of the season. As a result, we won the EPL Title and also won the Champions League. However, the English League Title continues to evade my grasp. We relied heavily on Wayne Rooney yet again. We also had a great if injury riddled season from Adriano our young striker. Salva played well when he wasn't hurt. Barry Parker who I never expected to be great has become a great midfielder. You can read about the 12th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=40184

In my 13th season, we started off strong and stayed strong all year long. We had a powerful offense led by Wayne Rooney and Adriano, but they were given a great deal of support from the other players. We had three midfielders with 10 goals each, Barry Parker, Michael Heller, and Carlos Godoy. Wayne Rooney had arguably his best season ever with 34 goals and 15 assists in 40 starts. Adriano also had a great year with 25 goals and 13 assists in 35 starts. He continues to show improvement every year. The defense was solidified by the acquisition of speedy Adriano Trotta and the talented Vincent Kompany. The defense is now skilled and deep. With this talented team, we won the EPL and we also won the Champions League. However, the treble and the quadruple continue to elude us.

Read about our 13th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=40839

Now, I start my 14th season. Will this be the year that Rooney starts to slip? Will Alberto Flores play so well again that he forces me to use him more in the first team or will I have him continue to gain seasoning with the U18 and reserve squads? Will Adriano continue to improve statistically? Will Stewart Downing show a precipitious decline? Will we switch to a 3-5-2 this season? Will we finally pull of a treble or even a quadruple? So many questions. Now, I start my 14th season in search of answers.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 20, 2017 -

We've gotten 6 new players from our youth academy including a 16 year old midfielder/centreback named Karl Roberts who looks promising.

We've been given 24.5 million dollars from TV rights for the upcoming season.

We will play Liverpool in the English Community Shield this year.

The board is delighted with my performance as manager.

The board has announced a transfer budget of 27.5 million dollars for the upcoming season.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:32 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 23, 2017 -

Mark van den Boogaart played well for Holland in their 2-0 win over El Salvador in the Confederations Cup.

Adriano, the keeper, played well but Colombia beat Brazil 1-0 in the Confederations Cup Match.

Atletico de Madrid and Sevilla are rumored to be interested in buying Adriano, the keeper, from me. I tell them that he isn't for sale at any price.

June 26, 2017 -

Deportivo has expressed interest in Adriano as well. Adriano has told me that he is unsettled by all of the speculation.

Adriano, the striker had 2 goals for Brazil in their 3-1 win over China in the Confederations Cup match.

Sunderland have contacted me stating that they want to buy Alberto Flores and would be willing to pay 11 million dollars!

I tell all of the clubs interested in Flores that there is NO chance that I will sell him.

Werder Bremen have asked how much I want for Carlos Godoy. I inform them he is not for sale.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 29, 2017 -

Adriano had a hattrick for Brazil in their 3-1 win over New Zealand in the Confederations Cup match.

Alberto Flores told the media that he wants to go to Sunderland!?! What the heck is he thinking? I guess he wants more first team playing time already? No way am I trading him.

Mark van Den Boogaart was ejected from the Holland-Ivory Coast match, and Holland tied Ivory Coast 3-3.

Carlos Godoy told the press that he doesn't want to go anywhere, and he is happy that I have no intentions to transfer him.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 2, 2017 -

Anthony Petit has arrived from Arsenal on a free transfer. We really have an abundance of depth (too much really) along the defensive line.

Chelsea has signed David Harper, a good keeper, from us on a free transfer.

Adriano had a good game for Brazil in their 2-0 win over the Ivory Coast in the Confederations Cup.

Sevilla have offered 7.2 million plus 40% of next sale for Gabriele Marchetti. He has never really worked out for us. I agree to the sale.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 7, 2017 -

Gabriele Marchetti has agreed to go to Sevilla. The 7.2 million dollar deal has been completed.

Marchetti has told the media that he is thrilled to leave Manchester United and get an opportunity for first team football.

Deportivo have offered 13 million dollars, plus Javier Iglesias, a 21 year old mediocre Spanish centreback, for Adriano my keeper. I reject the offer.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 11, 2017 -

Today we travel to play Sachsen Leipzig, a decent German team. I'm just looking to work my guys into shape, and hopefully see a glimmer of talent from my young kids, particularly Flores.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 70's.

GK: Adriano
DL: Schmidt
DC: Cardozo
DC: Petit (I want to see what the newcomer can do.)
DR: Boogaart
ML: Barbosa
MC: Wood
MC: Godoy
MR: Schreurs
SC: Rooney
SC: King

S1: Howard
S2: Miller
S3: Parker
S4: Wright
S5: Kompany
S6: Alfonso
S7: Ortega
S8: Salva
S9: Trotta
S10: Flores
S11: Heller
S12: Downing
Old 08-12-2005, 08:09 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: We've been applying the pressure early, but Petit has to stop the counterattack. He does a nice job of it.

21 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles up the right sideline.. passes to King in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney taps in the rebound for a GOAL!!!! 1-0.

40 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles past two defenders.. crosses it to Rooney in the left side of the box.. hard powerful shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us.

I put on my entire "second team" including Flores.

55 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick.. towards the near post.. Wright jumps.. heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

68 minute mark: Parker goes down with an injury. Hopefully, it isn't serious.

I put Alfonso on for Parker and change his position with Heller.

73 minute mark: Ortega dribbles past two defenders.. short cross.. Wright heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

77 minute mark: Trotta passes to Wright in the box.. he heads it to Alfonso in the middle of the box.. Alfonso shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

82 minute mark: Heller steals the ball.. passes it to Alfonso.. Alfonso passes it to Wright in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 6-0! Wright has his hattrick.

Game over. 6-0 win. We looked like we are in mid-season form. Wright make a strong case for more PT. Flores didn't do much and will probably play on the U18 and reserve teams this year if he plays like that in our next two preseason games. Overall, I'm thrilled.

We outshot them 34-2 (19-0 on target)

Bob Wright won MoM, 10 for form, 9 of 12 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 7 of 11 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, 2 fouls drawn and 3 goals.

Rooney also had a 10 for form.

Heller had a 9 for form.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:33 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 13, 2017 -

Newcastle have made an offer of 22 million dollars for Michael Oswald. I reject the offer.

July 16, 2017 -

Today we play Cottbus, a decent German team, in our second friendly of the season (we only have 3 before the Community Shield.)

It's raining with temperatures in the 80's.

DC: Petit
MC: Parker
SC: Flores

S2: Salva
S3: Fletcher
S4: Ortega
S5: Miller
S6: Wood
S7: Downing
S8: Cahais
S9: Oswald
S10: Wright
S11: Kompany
S12: Alfonso
Old 08-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Parker passes to Schreurs.. he passes back to Parker.. passes to Schreurs.. passes back to Parker.. they advance the ball all the way up the pitch.. Parker shoots from 25 yards out.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

26 minute mark: Barbosa passes to Godoy outside the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

29 minute mark: Parker passes to King in the box.. he passes back to Parker.. Parker shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

32 minute mark: Flores collides with a defender.. Flores has to be carried off the pitch. Hopefully, it is a minor injury. I put Oswald on for Flores.

41 minute mark: Oswald is tripped in the box.. Penalty!!! King steps up.. shoots.. right at the keeper! He catches it cleanly. King disappoints.

Halftime: 3-0 lead.

I put on the entire "second team."

Game over. 3-0 win.

We outshot them 13-2 (7-0 on target)

Parker wins MoM, 8 for form, 16 of 18 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 2 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, 2 goals.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Alberto Flores suffered a sprained ankle and is expected to miss 1-2 weeks.

Liverpool have signed keeper Chris Taylor from Aston Villa for 15 million dollars.

Fiorentina have made an offer of 20 million over 2 years plus 20% for Adriano, the keeper. I reject the offer.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:59 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 18, 2017 -

Today we travel to play Werder Bremen in our final friendly. They are a very good German team.

DC: Kompany
DC: Petit
MC: Heller
SC: Adriano

S2: Salva
S3: Parker
S4: Alfonso
S5: Ortega
S6: Cahais
S7: Wood
S8: Trotta
S9: Fletcher
S10: King
S11: Miller
S12: Downing
Old 08-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Parker passes to Adriano just outside th ebox.. he quickly passes it to Rooney in the box.. Rooney shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

37 minute mark: Adam Cole with a nice long pass to Saramago.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. Ruben Saramago scores. GOAL. 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1 tie.

52 minute mark: Their keeper makes a pair of acrobatic saves.

53 minute mark: Their centreback trips Adriano in the box.. Godoy takes the penalty.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

72 minute mark: I bring on the entire "second squad."

82 minute mark: Downing passes to Alfonso left of the box.. he crosses it to Ortega.. Ortega in the right half of the box.. shoots from 10 yards out.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 win for us. Overall I'm very happy with how my team has looked in these 3 friendlies.

We outshot them 13-9 (8-5 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 9 for form, 9 of 14 passes, 6 of 7 tackles, 5 of 9 headers, 8 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 19, 2017 -

Arsenal have signed French star Sebastien Mendy for 20 million dollars from Milan. Sebastian is a VERY good defensive midfielder who sometimes dogs it on the pitch, but is very talented technically and to a lesser extent physically.

July 21, 2017 -

Mark Hall had England's U19's only goal in their 1-0 win over Portugal in the Euro U19 Championship Group Match.

Matias Cahais has asked to be removed from the transfer list as he feels I'm going to use him more this season since Marchetti was traded. I agree to remove him from the transfer list.

Chelsea have hired Rafa Benitez, the 57 year old Spanish Legendary Manager, as their new manager.

Apparently, we will be playing Sunderland in the European Super Cup on Aug 25, 2017. I didn't know that two English teams could end up in this particular Cup.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:58 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 22, 2017 -

Oh No! Adriano, my keeper, skipped practice today! I guess he wants to be traded?

I warn him for unprofessional behavior.

July 23, 2017 -

Adriano acknowledged that his behavior was unprofessional and that he deserved a warning. He has indicated a willingness to improve his behavior in the future.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 26, 2017 -

18 year old striker Mark Hall had 2 goals for England's U19 team in their 2-1 win over Germany in the Euro U19 Championship Semi Final! I guess it wasn't just Flores making this kid look good!

My AM is doing a good job with England's U19 team.

July 27, 2017 -

The following players are in the last year of their contract:

Tim Howard - The 38 year old keeper has already announced he is retiring after this season. I'm hoping to hire him on as a coach.

Wayne Rooney - He will be 32 soon, but he clearly still has top notch football left in him. He wants a 2 year extension for 170,000/week (a slight pay decrease) and 3 million signing bonus. I agree to his request.

Darren Fletcher - His skill set has deteriorated significantly. He is planning on retiring after this year. I hope to sign him as a coach for next year.

Adriano - The 23 year old keeper has some flaws in his game, but he is among the better keepers in the world. He currently makes 33,500/week. He wants a 2 year extension with a 2 million dollar signing bonus and 66,000/week. I decide to offer him this if he will make it a 3 year extension.

Stewart Downing - He has retired from international football, and he is beginning to show the signs of decline. However, I'd like to offer him a 1 year extension. I offer him a 1 year extension at his current rate of 86,000/week with a 550,000 dollar signing bonus.

Alfonso - This 26 year old left winger still is a good player despite my sparse use of him. Surprisingly, he is willing to sign a 2 year extension but wants to be paid 100,000/week. He also wants 1.4 million signing bonus. I'll offer him 80,000 as I'm just not sure if he is good enough to really make this offense work, but he might be.

Matias Cahais - This 29 year old centreback hasn't played much for us, but he is a good rotational defender. I offer him a 1 year extension at 28,000/week which is his current pay rate as well as a signing bonus of 300,000 dollars.

Salva - This 24 year old centerback is an integral part of our defense. He wants his current pay of 61,000/week for a 2 year extension with a 1.3 million dollar signing bonus. I ask him to make it a 3 year extension.

Antonio Ortega - This 23 year old Spanish right winger has become one of the top 5 in the World. He is very fast, skilled, and is excellent. He is the most important player to re-sign. He was making 71,000/week. He wants 160,000/week plus a 5 million dollar signing bonus for a 2 year extension. I ask him to make it a 3 year extension.

Andy Ford - This 25 year old English striker has some talentes, but he is never going to be a main contributor. I'll let him go.

Darren Evans - This 22 year old keeper isn't showing enough. I'll let him go.

John Gray - This 24 year old English left winger isn't good enough. We'll let him go.

Stephen Wright - This 23 year old midfielder has a weak skill set. We'll let him go.

Dani - This 23 year old keeper has some skills. I'll keep him as insurance. He wants 8,200/week plus 100,000 signing bonus for a 3 year extension. I agree.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 28, 2017 -

Arsenal have made an offer of 16 million dollars for Oswald. I tell them heck no.

Chelsea have made an offer of 16 million for Oswald. I tell them no.

Liverpool have made an offer of 18 million for Oswald. I tell them no. Why do any of my rivals think I would sell this good young kid to them?

July 30, 2017 -

Dani has signed a new deal.

Rooney signed a new 3 year deal worth 28.5 million dollars.

Downing signed a new 2 year deal worth 9 million dollars.

Cahais signed the 2 year 2.6 million dollar deal.

Salva signed a 4 year deal worth 12.5 million dollars.

Antonio Ortega signed a new 4 year deal worth 36 million dollars.

Alfonso rejected my contract offer.

He's good, but he isn't great and I need greatness out of my left wingers. He doesn't always work hard enough and he lacks flair in his game. I'm going to let him go and pursue a new left winger or maybe use Trotta there once Downing and Barbosa are done.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:24 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 1, 2017 -

Adriano has signed a new 4 year deal worth 14 million dollars.

Lazio have made an enquiry about Adriano. I declare 66 million dollars would be an acceptable value for him (in which case I'd use the money to buy an even better keeper.)

Juventus have made an enquiry about Michael Heller. I declare I wouldn't let him go for less than 80 million dollars.

The board are thrilled with my performance as manager.

Barry Parker damaged knee ligaments in practice today and will miss at least a month!

The board has announced that due to an improvement in the clubs fiancial position, they are increasing the transfer budget by 26.5 million. With my previous sale this year, that increases the funds available for the season to 61 million dollars.

I'm not sure what to use the money on yet.

We've been made 6-4 favorites to win the EPL again. The rest of the contenders are Chelsea (2-1), Arsenal (2-1), Liverpool (3-1), Newcastle (20-1), and Aston Villa (25-1)
Old 08-13-2005, 10:41 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 2, 2017 -

After reviewing all of Flores' friendly match stats, I decide to send him back to the U18 team to play with them and the reserve squad for 1 more year of seasoning.

I tell myself that I will use Wright more this year.

Aug 5, 2017 -

Lazio have withdrawn their enquiry for Adriano.

Juventus have withdrawn their offer for Heller.

Aug 6, 2017 -

Sunderland have offered 10.5 million plus 50% of next sale for Alberto Flores. I tell them no way.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:05 AM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 6, 2017 -

Today we play Liverpool in the Community Shield. Liverpool is a very talented team. Mike Jongerius, their left winger, is becoming their best player. He is fast, strong, and skilled. Despite his lack of foot speed, Nicky Platt is a sniper near the goal and he has to be closely marked at all times. Stephane Dalmat is a quick skilled attacking midfielder/forward who can score at any moment that he gets the ball. Their other powerful, quick, striker - Lebobhang Mokoena is injured for this match. Jorg Konig is playing very well at centreback. Chris Taylor is their new keeper who is talented and could burn us, his old team.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 70's.

DL: Trotta
DC: Salva
DR: Miller
ML: Downing
MR: Ortega

S2: Cardozo
S3: Schreurs
S4: Oswald
S5: Boogaart
S6: King
S7: Barbosa
Old 08-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Pretty passing between Godoy, Heller, and Rooney. Finally Heller with a slick pass to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. Great save by Taylor.

3 minute mark: Salva gets a yellow card for jumping unfairly with Platt.

5 minute mark: Heller passes to Rooney in the left half of the box.. he heel passes back to Downing who shoots from 15 yards out.. over the bar.

9 minute mark: Konig tripped Adriano. Yellow card for Konig.

12 minute mark: Downing dribbles past a man.. long cross to Ortega in the right side of the box... Ortega fakes out a defender.. shoots.. upper left corner.. it curves inches wide of the post.

13 minute mark: Downing gets a yellow card for tripping his man.

28 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for pulling on Antonio's jersey.

34 minute mark: Godoy passes it to Heller in the box.. shoots.. upper left corner... GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. There are almost 90,000 fans here at Wembley today.

48 minute mark: Trotta steals the balll.. passes it to Kompany.. Kompany with a nice long pass to Rooney.. he burns a defender.. crossover dribble.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

53 minute mark: Jongerius gets a yellow card for a trip on Ortega.

55 minute mark: Adriano with a strong save of a 15 yard shot by Platt.

56 minute mark: Antonio trips Rooney.. that is Antonio's second yellow card!

71 minute mark: Cardozo on for Salva, Barbosa on for Downing, and Oswald on for Rooney.

82 minute mark: Jongerius pushes Ortega! Good bye Jongerius, that is your second yellow.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 11-7 (5-3 on target)

Heller wins MoM, 8 for form, 21 of 26 passes, 2 key passes, 3 of 5 tackles, 8 of 10 headers, 3 interceptions, 2 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 8, 2017 -

Charlton have signed Fabian Estoyanoff on a free transfer since he was released by Milan. The 34 year old striker still has a bit of football left in him.

Roma have expressed interest in Diego Cardozo and want to know how much I want for him. I reply that I would sell him for 70 million and not a cent less.

I don't expect them to pay it, but I'm happy with my defense and don't really want to lose Cardozo.

Aug 9, 2017 -

Real Madrid have offered 40 million dollars plus 30% of next sale for Diego Cardozo. I tell them no.

My scout is very impresses with Real Madrid's young right/left fullback Victor. I decide to offer them 7 million dollars for him.

Aug 10, 2017 -

Roma have withdrawn their offer for Cardozo.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 12, 2017 -

Michael Wood has suffered a groin strain and he will miss at least 2 weeks.

Real Madrid have rejected my 7 million dollar offer for Victor.

I counter with an offer of 9 million dollars.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 14, 2017 -

Today we travel to play Sheff Wed in the first EPL Match of the new season. 2 of Sheffield Wednesday's best players are out injured including strikers Michael Vickers and Mike Davies. Instead, they will be relying on Scottish Midfielder Steven Collins. At 21, he is becoming a very good midfielder. David Bowen is a good left back and Michael Rein is a decent left winger. Craig James is a 25 year old keeper who has flaws in his game, but played well at times last year.

We are 4-7 favorites.

S2: Schreurs
S3: Barbosa
S4: King
S5: Salva
Old 08-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Godoy steals the ball at midpitch.. he passes it to Ortega.. Ortega dribbles past two defenders.. Ortega with a quick pass to Adriano in the right half of the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

22 minute mark: Godoy steals it.. passes it to Heller.. he shoots.. over the bar.

25 minute mark: Adriano with a pair of acrobatic saves.

44 minute mark: Godoy passes to Rooney.. he shoots from 30 yards out.. Hard curving shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us.

47 minute mark: Adriano gets a yellow card for handballing.

50 minute mark: Adriano with a point blank save.

52 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney left of the box.. he centers it to Heller.. Heller volleys it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0.

55 minute mark: Downing passes it left of the box.. he dribbles past a defender.. centers it to Heller right of the box.. Heller shoots.. strong curving shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

65 minute mark: Schreurs on for Ortega and King on for Adriano.

68 minute mark: Schmidt throws it into Heller.. he passes it to Schreurs.. Schreurs heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

75 minute mark: Miller gets a yellow card for tripping their striker.. Kompany argues the call.. Kompany gets a yellow card as well.

Salva on for Miller.

89 minute mark: Downing with a corner to the near post.. Heller heads it to King's feet in the center of the 6 yard box.. King immediately shoots.. GOAL!!!! 5-0!

Game over. 5-0 win.

We outshot them 15-10 (9-5 on target)

Heller wins MoM, 10 for form, 23 of 29 passes, 2 key passes, 4 of 5 tackles, 6 of 8 headers, 3 interceptions, 4 runs, 2 assists, and 2 goals.

Ortega had a 9 for form. Every other starter had an 8.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-14-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 15, 2017 -

Real Madrid has countered my offer with a request for 3.8 million upfront, 8 million over a year, and 20% of next sale. I think Victor has a great deal of potential and Boogaart is getting old. I decide to pull the trigger on this transfer.

He is another fast, hard tackling fullback.

Liverpool has signed Gonzalo, a 24 year old Spanish striker from Levante. Gonzalo isn't particularly fast, but has good speed. He isn't particularly great at anything but is good at most things. Overall a nice pickup for depth, but they are in trouble if they rely on him as an everyday starter.

Aug 17, 2017 -

Darren Fletcher tore his groin muscle in training yesterday and will miss 1-2 months.

Tim Howard played well and the USA tied Canada 1-1 in the World Cup Qualifying Match today. Andrew Douek-pirotte scored the USA's only goal. Freddy Adu assisted on it.

Real Madrid have offered 76 million dollars plus Dario Tamburini for Carlos Godoy! I swallow hard, but tell them no.

Aug 18, 2017 -

Real Madrid have accepted my offer for Victor. I've offered him a 3 year deal as a rotational player with a salary of 1,800/week plus 50,000 signing bonus. My AM thinks he has considerable talent for his age.

Aug 19, 2017 -

Liverpool have offered 18 million for Michael Oswald. I reject that offer.

Derby have asked to borrow Mark Hall, my young 18 year old striker, for 3 months. They have very good training facilities and are in the English Championship. I agree.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 19, 2017 -

Today we host West Brom in our first home EPL Match of the season. West Brom is led by young striker Mark Walsh who is a 19 year old Irish phenom. Ryan Wallace is also a good strong striker. Michael Jakobsen is 31, but he is still a technically gifted midfielder who is a good passer. He also plays with great determination. Iain Turner is a 33 year old Scotish keeper who has superb aerial ability and is generally a good keeper. He has a clean sheet in his only EPL start this year.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 50's.

S2: Petit
S5: Cardozo
Old 08-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Boogaart gets a yellow card for a trip on Walsh.. Heller argues the call.. yellow card for Heller.

5 minute mark: We get three shots on goals.. their keeper blocks them all.

7 minute mark: We keep the pressure on them.. Adriano shoots... the keeper blocks it.. Downing gets it in the left half of the box.. he centers it to Rooney.. he shoots from 8 yards out.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

10 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick.. to the near post.. Adriano heads it.. it hits the post.. bounces in! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

13 minute mark: Godoy passes to Boogaart.. he passes to Rooney in the box.. Rooney shoots.. it hits off Adams the defender.. into the goal! Adams is charged with an own goal! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

23 minute mark: Downing with a corenr kick to the near post.. Adriano outjumps the keeper.. heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

36 minute mark: Downing passes to Godoy who heads it to Ortega.. Ortega centers it to Heller in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. quick powerful shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Halftime: 5-0 lead. We have over 68,000 fans here today.

51 minute mark: Heller passes to Godoy.. passes to Downing left of the box.. long cross to Ortega in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 6-0.

54 minute mark: Ortega dribbles past two defenders.. crosses it short.. Adriano heads it.. over the bar. Just missed his hattrick. He is tired and won't get much more pitch time.

66 minute mark: Cardozo on for Boogaart and Petit on for Kompany. Adriano gets 2 more minutes before I pull his tired self.

70 minute mark: King on for Adriano.

80 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left corner of the box.. He shoots a powerful shot that flutters almost like a speeding knuckleball.. the keeper saves it.

86 minute mark: Downing threads a pass between three defenders to King in the right half of the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper saves it.

88 minute mark: Ortega dribbles past two defenders.. into right half of the box.. he makes a very fast crossing pass to the left side of the 6 yard box.. Rooney beats the defender.. hits it on the half-volley.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 7-0.

Game over.. 7-0 win. Rather convincing.

We outshot them 25-1 (19-0 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 24 of 27 passes, 3 key passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 12 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 4 assists!

Ortega, Adriano, and Rooney all had 10's for form as well. Heller had a 9. All of my other starters had 8's.

Ortega had 32 runs.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #29
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Any plan on making a play for Mark Walsh?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:59 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Any plan on making a play for Mark Walsh?

Hehe Probably not. I need to work Alberto Flores and Mark Hall into my rotation in the next year or so if they keep developing. Along with Oswald, Wright, King, Adriano, and of course Rooney in his last years it will be a crowded rotation
Old 08-14-2005, 10:45 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 19, 2017 -

Arsenal have signed 24 year old Spanish Right Winger, Rafa, from Sevilla for 10.5 million dollars. Rafa is a technically skilled player, but isn't very fast or physically skilled. I think they overpaid in their search for a replacement for the aging Kalou.

Aug 20, 2017 -

Glenn Hoddle has been sacked by Manchester City. Roy Aitken and Kunle Odetoyinbo are considered the favorites to become their new manager.

Xerez is trying to purchase Victor from Real Madrid. Hopefully, we can get the deal done before he changes his mind and goes there.

Alberto Flores played brilliantly for our U18 team in a 2-0 win. He had a 10 for form and had both goals.

Roma have offered 22 million dollars for Adriano Trotta. I turn down the offer.

Aug 21, 2017 -

Dario Tamburini has told Real Madrid that he is insulted by their contract offers and he plans on leaving the team after this year. The 19 year old midfielder is very talented for his age, and I'd gladly make a play for him if becomes a Bosman player.

Boogaart, Downing, and Heller were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:22 AM   #32
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Dario Tamburini has told Real Madrid that he is insulted by their contract offers and he plans on leaving the team after this year. The 19 year old midfielder is very talented for his age, and I'd gladly make a play for him if becomes a Bosman player.
Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Time to poach.

Couldn't happen to a nicer team.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 22, 2017 -

Today we travel to play Liverpool in our first difficult EPL Match of the Year. See our previous match (the Community Shield) against Liverpool for their main stars. However, today, none of their stars are injured.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

S2: Trotta
S3: Schreurs
S5: Salva
Old 08-16-2005, 04:43 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Miller starts our counter attack.. long pass to Adriano who crosses it to Barbosa.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. a defender barely beats Rooney to the ball.. the defender clears it across the left sideline.

7 minute mark: Jongerius dribbles past Miller.. crosses it to Mokoena.. he heads it.. barely over the bar.

16 minute mark: They are applying tremendous pressure.

17 minute mark: Their keeper kicks it long to Mokoena.. he fakes out Kompany... dribbles to the edge of the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. misplays it! Somewhat soft goal. Down 1-0.

25 minute mark: Godoy gets a yellow card for a trip on Mokoena.

32 minute mark: Adriano with a pair of acrobatic saves.

Halftime: Down 1-0. They dominated possession this half

60 minute mark: Trotta on for Schmidt. King on for Adriano.

65 minute mark: Matthews passes between both of our defenders to Mokoena.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. Adriano dives.. too late. GOAL. Down 2-0.

72 minute mark: Antonio with a long pass to Platt who heads it to Mokoena in the middle of the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL. Down 3-0. Mokoena has a hattrick against us.

91 minute mark: Miller with a long pass to King right of the box.. he crosses it to the far post.. Rooney heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 loss.

We were outshot 19-5 (8-3 on target)

Mokoena wins MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 23 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 8 of 12 headers, 7 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 3 goals.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:50 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

That loss drops us into 2nd place behind Liverpool which has won every match so far.

Sunderland have completed the signing of Pierre Michel from Villarreal for 50 million dollars!!! When did Sunderland start having that kind of cash!?!

Pierre Michael is a 25 year old French striker with excellent speed, off the ball skills, dribbling, passing, and finishing. This kid could be a very dangerous striker in the EPL.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:09 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 24, 2017 -

Carlos Godoy suffered a twisted ankle in practice yesterday and will miss at least 2 weeks.

Victor rejected my contract offer! He chose to go to Xerez and said that he was looking forward to working with new boss Abel Resino! I wonder if it was because he didn't want to have to compete with all of the talent we had among our defenders.

Newcastle have offered 16 million for Michael Oswald. I reject the offer.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:14 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 25, 2017 -

Chelsea have offered 17 million dollars for Michael Oswald.

Chelsea have offered 80 million dollars for Michael Heller!!!! GULP! The first offer is easy to reject. The second one is a tougher choice.

Heller already has 4 goals in 4 starts. He is only 24. He is a very good passer. He has excellent physical skills, excellent mental skills, and excellent technical skills. This is going to be a tough decision.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:19 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 25, 2017 -

Betis have paid 36.5 million plus Jose Angel, a talented 25 year old striker, to Liverpool for centreback Jorg Konig.

Today we play Sunderland in the European Super Cup. Sunderland is currently 11th in the EPL. Their most talented player is new acquisition Peirre Michel. Skjaerbaek remains a talented midfielder who drives their team. Alessandro Guidetti is a 26 year old sniper in front of the net. Steven Taylor is a fast skilled centreback. Paul Clarke is a young keeper who has potential, but is still a question mark at this point in his career.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

MC: Alfonso
SC: Oswald

S2: Petit
S3: Rooney
S4: Wright
S5: Miller
S6: Ortega
S7: Cardozo
Old 08-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

18 minute mark: Kompany trips Michel in the box.. Michel takes the penalty shot.. shoots.. Adriano dives to his right.. saves it!!!!

20 minute mark: Michel gets a yellow card for pushing Kompany.

29 minute mark: Grant bodychecks Oswald.. yellow card for Grant.

37 minute mark: King gets a yellow card for arguing an offside call.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

61 minute mark: I slide Schreurs inside to the left side and put Ortega on for Alfonso.

72 minute mark: Rooney on for Oswald.

End of Regulation. It goes to penalties!

Rooney steps up first for me... he shoots.. to the keeper's left.. he dives.. blocks it.

Harmen Boven steps up for them... shoots.. lower right corner.. Adriano dives.. it is barely past him. Down 1-0.

Ortega steps up for us.. he blasts a shot into the upper left corner. 1-1.

Thomas Skjaerbaek steps up.. he blasts it over the bar!

Trotta steps up for us.. he shoots to the keeper's right.. he dives.. blocks it! 1-1.

Luke Clark steps up to shoot.. He shoots to Adriano's left.. Adriano dives... blocks it!

King steps up for us. He shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 2-1.

Dave Grant steps up for them.. he shoots wide left!!!!

If Salva hits this, we win.... he shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Guidetti steps up for them.. if he hits this.. it's tie... he shoots.. to Adriano's left.. Adriano dives.. it's wide of Adriano.. wide of the post by inches!!!! YES! WE WIN!

Game over. 2-1 win on penalty shots.

We each had 6 shots. We each had 2 shots on target.

Salva wins MoM, 8 for form, 22 of 27 passes, 7 of 8 tackles, 15 of 16 headers, 2 interceptions.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:00 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 26, 2017 -

The deadline for accepting/rejecting the Heller trade is midnight tonight. I decide that I'm going to carefully deliberate over this for a while before making a decision.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:10 AM   #41
ice4277
Pro Rookie

That's a lot of cash but the fact that its a rival team would make me very leery.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:13 AM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
That's a lot of cash but the fact that its a rival team would make me very leery.

Yeah, that is why I'm leary too. I turned down that much cash for Godoy. I'm not sure why I'm so tempted on giving up Heller. Perhaps, it is because I sort of nursed Godoy's development along and am more attached to him. The fact of the matter is that Heller may be better than Godoy. Heller and Godoy together are a great 1-2 punch. Parker is also excellent and I feel great about my midfield when any 2 of them are out there. I'll almost certainly turn down the offer or counter that 80 million plus Adu (Who is 28 now I think)
Old 08-17-2005, 10:04 AM   #43
TonyR
High School Varsity

Wow, that would give you 140M+ in your transfer budget...What you could do with all the money...
Old 08-17-2005, 10:12 AM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR
Wow, that would give you 140M+ in your transfer budget...What you could do with all the money...

That is part of why I'm tempted. However, what would I do with the money?

I've got a great young keeper who I suspect is at least one of the top 15 in the World.

I've got both skilled youth and veteran leadership among my defenders.

I need a left wing fairly soon. Probably within the next year or so as Downing is starting to decline.

Right now (if I don't sell Heller) I have two of the best midfielders in the World and Parker isn't far behind.

Ortega is just hitting his prime and he has become one of the best right winger is in the World. Schreurs is still very good and makes an excellent backup (except for his sulking that he isn't getting more PT.)

Adriano and Rooney are still two of the best strikers in the World. Rooney is going to start his decline soon, I suspect. However, King is very good to excellent. Oswald is very good. Flores has the potential to be great. Would I bring in another striker and risk taking away PT from Flores? Also, Wright is good to very good and he isn't even getting PT. Kevin Young in my reserve squad isn't bad either.

I'm not posting this as anything negative. I'm just posting some thoughts I've been wrestling with as I work on this decision.

With 60 million I probably could still get a good left winger, but having 140 million to play with is tempting..
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #45
daedalus
Pro Rookie

If it was Milan or Juventus (namely out of the league), I'd be tempted. With the budget you already have to play with, I don't think arming Chelsea with another weapon is worth it.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yep. I've finally made my decision. I'm going to turn down the offer. It's just not worth giving Chelsea an excellent midfielder just entering his prime.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #47
TonyR
High School Varsity

well, you still have 60+M to play with, and you get to see Heller play for you in his prime.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:29 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 26, 2017 -

Gary Corbertt had 2 goals for my U18 team as they beat Blackpool 4-0.

Alberto Flores missed the game (and the next 4 days due to a twisted knee.) He does seem to be picking up quite a few "minor" injuries.

I rejected the offer for Heller.

Aug 27, 2017 -

Sheff Wed have signed striker Pete Collins from Liverpool for 3.8 million dollars. Pete is a decent depth striker, and I think this was a nice value striker as Collins has some ability as a target man.

Valencia have offered 70 million for Carlos Godoy. I turn down the offer.

Zaragoza has offered 9.2 million plus 50% of next sale for Alberto Flores. I turn down the offer.

Arsenal have offered 16 million for Michael Oswald. I turn down the offer.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:55 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 28, 2017 -

We've been put in Group F of the Champions League along with Milan, Shakhtar, and Porto. Overall, a fairly challenging group.

We've been given 4.8 million for participating in the Group Stage of the Champions League.

Aug 30, 2017 -

Aston Villa have spent 16.5 million dollars to sign Reggina's Murilo. Murilo is a 29 year old Brazilian Central Defender who is technically very skilled, but isn't that physically gifted.

Murilo has told the press that he is sad to be leaving Reggina, and that he hopes to return there some day!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:00 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 30, 2017 -

Today we host Newcastle in an EPL Match. Newcastle relies on the continued good play of Kasper Lorentzen at left wing. Ignacio is a very good striker entering his prime and he is joined by young phenom striker David Perez. David is an 18 year old Spanish Striker who has a deft touch around the goal and is very agile. He is still young, but he has tremendous potential. Luis Carlos is a powerful leaping centreback who dominates foes physically at times. Jon Hooper is a decent keeper who I've just added to the English Team as he is probably the 3rd best keeper in England. Unfortunately (at least from my perspective as the England Manager) that doesn't mean much. Hooper has some holes in his game, and we should be able to beat him.

We are even odd favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

MC: Oswald (With Godoy and Parker hurt, I love Oswald's versatility to play midfield)

S2: Cardozo
S5: Wood