Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1974 FOOL Classic Thread

Valdosta Peanuts (98-56) Continental League Champions
vs.

Quad City Thunderstorms
(90-64) Republic League Champions

Here's the schedule:

Quote:
19: @ Valdosta
20: @ Valdosta
21: @ Quad City
22: @ Quad City
24: @ Valdosta
25: @ Valdosta
27: @ Quad City
28: @ Quad City
30: @ Valdosta

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Good luck DC in this one. I think you have the better team on paper, so will be a challenge to try to overcome the odds.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Your team is formidable and clutch. They're playing hot these days, too. I have no illusions about our ability to triumph. I like our odds and I hope for a series that's epic as the others have been, but...I am reserving any excitement I might have about a champagne bath for the end of the night.

Best of luck to you. You're a hell of a GM.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
muns
Pro Starter

Alan are we gonna see your thoughts on how you decided on moves this year.... I know you dont want DC to see em, but id be interested in reading them if you do it, say like 10 mins before the sim runs or something like that?

BTW- ill post my thoughts a little bit later on the series

Last edited by muns : 09-07-2008 at 06:24 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Alan are we gonna see your thoughts on how you decided on moves this year.... I know you dont want DC to see em, but id be interested in reading them if you do it, say like 10 mins before the sim runs or something like that?

BTW- ill post my thoughts a little bit later on the series

I probably won't be able to post them before this one as I have a sunday night EU3 game I'm starting to play again that will be running during the FOOL Classic.

I'll be happy to talk about the moves I made after the Classic and why I made them though. I just have a few too many fatal flaws with this team that I think would be too exploitable if I give my thoughts ahead of time.

I guess I would love to face a team like my team in the FOOL Classic because I think Valdosta is really beatable this season. (Even moreso than '67 when we also lost but in a close one). I made some strategic moves to try to hedge my bets against some of the possible exploits, but I'm not sure if it will be enough. I guess it depends on how good of a baseball-chess player DC is.

I still have a few more moves I'm deciding on, and not sure which way i want to go.. but I'll likely figure it out in the next hour or two and get my final file uploaded in time hopefully

Old 09-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
muns
Pro Starter

That works for me, Ive always like reading your thoughts on stuff. Looking forward to it
Old 09-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GM Notes ~ Quad City

PLANNING FOR THE SERIES

GM's Notebook '74 Classic

You would think that after having been in this spot before that I'd be super experience and have all of the right things to say and do to win, right?

Uh, no.

My record proves that while I know what it takes to build a winner, actually winning is a whole different circumstance. My FOOL Classic record is a 2-4, though I think the '69 Series was so close that I should merit a half-win or wished it could've been best of 11 (for those who weren't here, I'll repeat it 'til I die. We lost 5-4 in Game 9 after 13 innings)

But now I arrive here with a team of wide-eyed kids who largely have no playoff experience at all. So it's an interesting situation for me, having been experience and used to bringing teams of veteran players to this stage.

Christian Larsen is a useful player, having been on title teams in Baltimore, St. Louis and Colorado and has been coaching guys on what to expect so they don't get jittery before the whole thing starts. In fact, Christian Larsen has been on a league championship team with every team in his career. What a distinction! We were together in '65 on that last St. Louis Terriers team and so, we go way back. I was just talking to him the other day about how crazy it is to be in this position nearly a decade later, just a few hundred miles from where it "all began" for us.

But in reality...each time is a different experience and it's not easy to compare them from year to year. Rich Haas is the only other offensive starter who has playoff experience. On the pitching staff, Marvin Lott, Orlando Diaz, Doug Proctor and Jose Vargas are the playoff vets. Proctor has never won a playoff game, but comes up after spending the year in AAA to make the post-season roster (replacing Vincente Reyes)

So in case you were wondering, this team is REALLY green.

In setting up our lineups, we decided to go with consistency. There aren't many shifts from lefty to righty and in terms of the whole DH conundrum when playing in Valdosta, we didn't find it to be a huge problem since we have good depth on our squad and guys who normally play DH can also play positions.

Bench players for the series include: Rich Haas, Pedro Mendez, George Baker (who was called up from Triple-A as a pinch hitter/runner), Noah Wakeling and converted outfielder to catcher Bill Hackwell.

We're going with 11 pitchers, but debating about whether to insert a 5th pitcher into the rotation to go on an off-day in the middle of the series. We're lucky in the sense that we have two pitcher -- Gabriel Riggs and Pat Maddox -- who can start or relieve, giving up some flexibility in terms of how we deploy our arms in a series. They can also stop the bleeding in a game before it gets really out of hand, especially with an offense that has the ability to score packs of runs at time in a game.

I like this team almost more than any of my others. We're young, deep and talented. We hit the ball hard, yet we have a deep bullpen with experienced pitchers who know how to win.

I expect this to be a tough, grinding series and no outcome would surprise me at all. I'm just excited to be back.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

Good read DC..... I thought your move of Noah Wakeling in the offseason was an interesting one..... you have made some moves throughout the seasons that i have found to be interesting including using starters as relievers and I like what you have been able to do with your team... Good luck to both you and Alan, should be another fun series
Old 09-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wakeling won't be catching. I decided against that move just before the season started, even after I'd written my season preview. I was just a little nervous about it and also realized going into the season that we needed a better 4th outfielder than the kids I was relying on. So I bid on Riley Hollis and Aurelio Torres before the season started and left my team two players short for the final export and left two spots open for Catcher and DH starter, figuring that if I didn't get those guys, we'd be screwed this year anyway, so there wasn't any point in not trying to get them.

I moved Wakeling back to the outfield and he ended up as our fourth outfielder. Hollis and Torres took over at DH and Catcher respectively.

Torres isn't very good and he's no Sam Harmon. But...Wakeling has long been a favorite player of mine, so when he was available, it worked out for us.

I made ridiculous moves this year, as usual. Getting Doug Pitts was ridiculously stupid of me and might come to bite me in the ass in a few years. I released him before the season began.

Though I taking a look at some of the other moves I made and I'm pretty proud of them overall. Though I've given up some really good players, I'm happy with our progress. Sam Godbout for Joe Morris was a masterstroke. It could've been an absolute failure and I even tried to get him back at one point, but I'm absolutely delighted to have made that deal when we did.

While I'm sure if we'd kept the VL guys we ended up with that this team would've been very, very good...I'm quite pleased with how it worked out for us after the do-over. Those guys got dispersed around the league and we ended up with FOOL veterans like Yarbrough who I knew would produce under the right conditions and they have.

This is probably the best team I've ever put together in terms of melding home-grown talent, with existing players and free agents. Even with my usual misstep, last minute reaction trades that I go "doh" about after the fact.

That said, I haven't won a title since '64. '69 was a heartbreaker, so...I'm glad to be back..and I honestly forget what it's like to win one.

Alan isn't gonna roll over, so I'm glad that if we had to do it, that I had to go up against the best to get it.

I'm excited for this one.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #10
muns
Pro Starter

Well I did have plans to write up a lil mini report, but that isnt gonna happen now...... I hate being on call.

Valdosta I think has the better Pitching.

QC I think has the better Hitting.

Should be a nice battle because of it.

I actually have no idea who is going to win.... Usually id lean towards the team with the better pitching, however QC finished seecond in the RL pitching wise...... so who knows, heres hoping it goes 9

Looking forward to it!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I still don't understand how Hollis was still available on Opening Day. I can't believe the league's lineups got that strong. He would have been on my team in a heartbeat.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I still don't understand how Hollis was still available on Opening Day. I can't believe the league's lineups got that strong. He would have been on my team in a heartbeat.

Not trying to cause problems (again), but on what sim was Hollis signed?
graygoose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

He was asking for about $6.8 million for the year. I think that hampered a lot of team's ability to get him. I had to release Pitts to be able to make it work, but once I realized we were strong on the pitching side than I first thought, I decided that the extra offensive production might be worthwhile.

It turned out to be a smart decision, I think. I don't think it put us over the top, but...I can't imagine it hurt.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
He was asking for about $6.8 million for the year. I think that hampered a lot of team's ability to get him. I had to release Pitts to be able to make it work, but once I realized we were strong on the pitching side than I first thought, I decided that the extra offensive production might be worthwhile.

It turned out to be a smart decision, I think. I don't think it put us over the top, but...I can't imagine it hurt.

It did hurt a lot of teams as I was one of them... I saw him there, and tried to clear as much cap as I could and offered him a 1 year deal with all I had left which was like 4.8 mil.

It clearly was a gerat move and I didnt have enough cash to snag him. Great move by DC in my book

Last edited by muns : 09-07-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I guess I don't understand how he got on your active roster for the beginning of the season. If we signed him after spring training (Friday night) then he would not be available for us non-commish owners to be on our active roster. Or has it been that if we sign a player at that stage, that you will put him on our active roster and all that?

Last edited by graygoose12 : 09-07-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoose12 View Post
Or has it been that if we sign a player at that stage, that you will put him on our active roster and all that?

Yeah, that's the way it's been in the past. It's just not happened for a few years, because I'm guessing we've haven't had any guys in recent years good enough to get signed.

But the way it worked was, I would only move them to your active roster if you left space open. If you didn't, I move them to the minors and keep simming.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #17
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I guess I don't understand how he got on your active roster for the beginning of the season. If we signed him after spring training (Friday night) then he would not be available for us non-commish owners to be on our active roster. Or has it been that if we sign a player at that stage, that you will put him on our active roster and all that?

Ive done it before BTW, so it has been done... I just wanted to throw this out there before anything goes off the deep end...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #18
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Sounds good, again just not something I really thought about happening too much. The only problem I have with this is as the commissioner you can make decisions for your roster based on whether or not you sign the player.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
The only problem I have with this is as the commissioner you can make decisions for your roster based on whether or not you sign the player.

I could, but I wouldn't do that. It's not fair.

I left two gaping holes in my lineup for them and if I didn't get them, the "If Starter is Tired" player would've played in their stead all year. I had my team setup to go with what I had and we would've just run two guys short had it not worked out.

In '69, I accidentally had 24 players on the roster the whole year in Compton. We still won the RL that year, but I won it with 24 players.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-07-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #20
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Old 09-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #21
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
In '69, I accidentally had 24 players on the roster the whole year in Compton. We still won the RL that year, but I won it with 24 players.

Which makes it even cooler!
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #22
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sounds good, again just not something I really thought about happening too much. The only problem I have with this is as the commissioner you can make decisions for your roster based on whether or not you sign the player.

Forgot to mention this... GOOD call on the checks and balances Goose... Always like it when guys are looking out for the league
Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #23
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I gotta say. Classic Night is always the most exciting thing. It's like going on stage or something. The last hour before the Classic is always one of those moments where I'm pensive, anticipating something huge.

It's really crazy that a league can do this. This season of being back in the Classic makes me 1) appreciate it more and it also 2) makes me think that playoff expansion will be great for the league.

That said, I'm focused on this season and what my boys will do. You get them all fired up and ready to go, but then you actually have to watch them perform...and man, that's quite the experience.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #24
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I gotta say. Classic Night is always the most exciting thing. It's like going on stage or something. The last hour before the Classic is always one of those moments where I'm pensive, anticipating something huge.

It's really crazy that a league can do this. This season of being back in the Classic makes me 1) appreciate it more and it also 2) makes me think that playoff expansion will be great for the league.

That said, I'm focused on this season and what my boys will do. You get them all fired up and ready to go, but then you actually have to watch them perform...and man, that's quite the experience.

Im almost positive that ive read this somewhere, however Im talking with people with deals at the moment and instead of looking, im just posting.

DC would you just look at doing a 2 team expansion instaed of 4 (wasnt the idea of expanding by 4 teams) I think that it might be good for the league to add 2 more guys, since we have 2 on the waiting list now right?

However me being selfish, I built hartford from the ground up this time and I dont want to loose spects in and expansion draft beacuse I worked to hard on blowing this team up and getting those spects.....
Old 09-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #25
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yeah, I think 2-team expansion is actually better for the league over a four-team expansion. Especially if we can get some of those RWBL guys to consider joining. I dunno...we can put it to a vote after the season or something.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-07-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think it has always been cool to send DC "if/then" conditionals for situations like these.

It's what I would have done. I would have constructed my roster without Hollis. But I would have left explicit instructions with DC on what to do if Hollis were signed (drop Player X to AAA, put Hollis at 1B and at such and such spot in the RHP and LHP lineups, etc.).

I don't think DC would have a problem with that, although I have never myself done something that extensive (most I ever did was throw contract offers at guys who would not go on my major league roster, and DC always just put them on the highest minor league roster with a spot open, so as I recall).

And, let's face it, if I didn't have a problem with it, it's probably cool. I have a problem with everything.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I think 2-team expansion is actually better for the league over a four-team expansion. Especially if we can get some of those RWBL guys to consider joining. I dunno...we can put it to a vote after the season or something.

If we added four, I would probably consider re-joining for a shot at a build it up from the dumps franchise, if the league forgave me, that is. I would enjoy the challenge, and I have grown to suspect the major issue I had that had me resign is probably the last major issue we had waiting for us. Other than that, the league has largely run problem free for about five years now (and that was my main issue--the ongoing issues).

Last edited by Chief Rum : 09-07-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #28
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
If we added four, I would probably consider re-joining for a shot at a build it up from the dumps franchise, if the league forgave me, that is. I would enjoy the challenge, and I have grown to suspect the major issue I had that had me resign is probably the last major issue we had waiting for us. Other than that, the league has largely run problem free for about five years now (and that was my main issue--the ongoing issues).

We'd expand tomorrow if you wanted to come back.

I doubt few would disagree.

Now someone find us a fourth owner!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #29
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll handle the 69-70s another time. I need to get my mind ready for this thing.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-07-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #30
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've exported. So if Alan has too...we'll get started and then I'll consummate trades and stuff after the Classic.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-07-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #31
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've exported. So if Alan has too...we'll get started and then I'll consummate trades and stuff after the Classic.

Ok just exported.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #32
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Good luck, Alan. Here we go.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #33
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1974 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 1: Valdosta 3, Quad City 2
Carlos Gonzalez went 8 innings and struck out 7 in the victory. Rodrigo Cruz went 3 for 4 with a double and an RBI for Quad City in the loss.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #34
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 2: Valdosta 3, Quad City 0
Joel Garner went 7 innings and gave up just 2 hits in the 2-hit victory to give the Peanuts a 2-0 series lead. Floyd Yarbrough gave up 3 earned in eight innings of work, striking out six for the loss.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #35
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 3: Quad City 6, Valdosta 5
Harry Mason threw eight innings, giving up four earned and striking out ten. Riley Hollis went 2 for 4 with 3 RBI and 2 doubles to give the T-Storms their first-ever Classic victory and cut the series lead by Valdosta to 2-1
Old 09-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #36
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 4: Valdosta 12, Quad City 7
Brian Sampson went 3-5 with 2 doubles and 5 RBI in the victory, giving Valdosta 3-1 series lead.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #37
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 5: Valdosta 2, Quad City 1 (10 innings)
Carlos Gonzalez went 7 2/3 innings giving up just 1 earned and striking out 9 to put the Peanuts on the doorstep of their 4th title in five years. Doug Proctor went 7 innings and gave up 1 earned and struck out five in the loss.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #38
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 6: Valdosta 3, Quad City 2
Joel Garner went 8 innings and struck out 9 to clinch the 4th title for the Peanuts in five years.

Congrats Alan! Your team is a juggernaut. At least we got a game...
Old 09-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, at least you have one more win so far than I got off of Alan's squad two years ago.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #40
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to Alan on another dominant season.

You only won cuz I wasn't running a team this year (j/k...)

Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #41
muns
Pro Starter

Wow, I didnt think that Valdosta would jump out like that. Nice Job Alan so far. Game 5 has to hurt DC.... really really bad... Might have been the moment of the series there. Looking forward to seeing how that Inning happened.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #42
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

I exported about 9:55, but it doesn't look like DC got it in time, which sucks because my 5 star minor leaguer will now be an FA. Oh well..
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #43
muns
Pro Starter

GEEZ..... Valdosta is a juggernaut... Alan your team is crazy.. What your doing I doubt we will be able to see for a long long time.... Or at least till Chief comes back into the league and gives it a go.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #44
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerONU22 View Post
I exported about 9:55, but it doesn't look like DC got it in time, which sucks because my 5 star minor leaguer will now be an FA. Oh well..

Who is it? I'll make the offer if you PM me with what you offered him if it didn't go through.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #45
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Wow, I didnt think that Valdosta would jump out like that. Nice Job Alan so far. Game 5 has to hurt DC.... really really bad... Might have been the moment of the series there. Looking forward to seeing how that Inning happened.

They always hurt. 0-3 in the Classic since '64. Oh well, at least this team is young and unlike Compton, I won't give them up with a chance to go back and defend my league title.

We'll be back...he's got a squad over there that's unparalleled though. Seriously. I don't know how they do it, but man..do they do it.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #46
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1974 ALL-STAR GAME

Code:
Front Office Offseason League Box Scores Republic League All-Stars at Continental League All-Stars Game ID: 1760 - Friday, October 4th, 1974 - Game Log Friday, October 4th, 1974 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E Republic League All-Stars 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 1 Continental League All-Stars 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 X 4 6 0 Republic League AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI M. Suárez RF 2 1 0 0 1 0 1 .293 8 56 c-N. Hunter PH, RF 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .302 23 91 X. Tien P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 h-A. Ledezma PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 .335 9 65 Á. Ramírez C 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 .326 15 83 F. Yarbrough P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 d-C. Moore SS 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 .315 6 54 L. Mendoza 1B 1 0 0 0 2 1 0 .299 29 91 J. Hunt LF 2 0 0 1 1 0 2 .258 27 87 e-W. Magner PH, LF 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .268 12 91 M. Rasmussen CF 2 0 0 1 0 0 3 .328 22 94 A. Stanley SS 3 0 0 0 0 0 3 .254 25 93 J. López P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 f-R. Mendoza RF 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .287 8 47 M. Montoya 3B 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 .264 26 98 C. Larsen 2B 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 .293 15 57 g-W. Little PH 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .291 28 92 C. Miner P 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 A. Dailey P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 D. Hennessey P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 a-J. Moya PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .272 28 72 K. O'Quinn P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 b-S. Jones C 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 .296 18 83 Totals 26 2 2 2 8 3 16 a - J. Moya pinch hit for D. Hennessey in the 5th b - S. Jones substituted for K. O'Quinn in the 6th c - N. Hunter pinch hit for M. Suárez in the 7th d - C. Moore substituted for F. Yarbrough in the 7th e - W. Magner pinch hit for J. Hunt in the 8th f - R. Mendoza substituted for J. López in the 8th g - W. Little pinch hit for C. Larsen in the 9th h - A. Ledezma pinch hit for X. Tien in the 9th BATTING Doubles: Á. Ramírez (25, 4th Inning off T. Patrick, 1 on, 0 outs) Total Bases: Á. Ramírez 2, C. Moore Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: M. Rasmussen, M. Suárez, A. Stanley 2, A. Ledezma Sac Bunt: M. Rasmussen, L. Mendoza Sac Fly: M. Rasmussen Team LOB: 8 BASERUNNING SB: C. Larsen (13) FIELDING Errors: A. Dailey Continental League AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI E. Reyes LF 3 1 1 0 0 1 0 .309 11 78 d-R. Lord PH, LF 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .299 30 92 B. Arnold 1B 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 .287 20 74 e-B. Jenkins PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .291 23 49 g-H. Matthews 1B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .338 15 95 A. Payton 2B 4 0 0 1 0 1 2 .284 23 111 H. Tanaka C 2 1 1 0 2 0 0 .288 24 97 A. Luján SS 2 0 0 0 1 1 2 .252 31 67 A. Summers 3B 3 1 1 0 0 2 3 .300 24 70 I. Flores P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .118 0 7 f-P. García CF 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .307 9 73 O. Yamazaki RF 3 0 2 2 0 0 0 .289 21 92 h-J. Aguirre PH, RF 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .296 18 73 C. Vázquez CF 3 0 0 0 0 1 2 .312 25 98 C. Templeman P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 F. Padilla P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 A. Wiley P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .045 0 0 A. Barbosa P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 a-R. Inman PH 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 .321 17 94 T. Patrick P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 b-R. Pagán PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .295 20 90 C. Gonzáles P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .078 0 3 P. Ortíz P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .044 0 5 c-M. Jones 3B 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .323 6 60 Totals 28 4 6 3 4 9 12 a - R. Inman pinch hit for A. Barbosa in the 3rd b - R. Pagán pinch hit for T. Patrick in the 4th c - M. Jones substituted for P. Ortíz in the 7th d - R. Lord pinch hit for E. Reyes in the 7th e - B. Jenkins pinch hit for B. Arnold in the 7th f - P. García substituted for I. Flores in the 8th g - H. Matthews substituted for B. Jenkins in the 8th h - J. Aguirre pinch hit for O. Yamazaki in the 8th BATTING Doubles: O. Yamazaki (20, 6th Inning off F. Yarbrough, 1 on, 2 outs) R. Inman (53, 3rd Inning off A. Dailey, 0 on, 0 outs) Triples: A. Summers (1, 2nd Inning off C. Miner, 0 on, 2 outs) Total Bases: E. Reyes, A. Summers 3, H. Tanaka, O. Yamazaki 3, R. Inman 2 2-out RBI: , O. Yamazaki 2 Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: C. Vázquez, A. Summers, A. Payton, J. Aguirre Sac Bunt: B. Arnold, A. Luján Team LOB: 6 Republic League IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA C. Miner L (15-9) 2.0 2 1 1 0 1 0 31 18 3.02 A. Dailey 1.0 2 2 2 2 1 0 26 13 3.06 D. Hennessey 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 11 7 3.62 K. O'Quinn 1.0 0 0 0 0 3 0 11 9 3.20 F. Yarbrough 1.0 1 1 1 1 2 0 22 12 3.14 J. López 1.0 0 0 0 1 0 0 16 8 3.03 X. Tien 1.0 1 0 0 0 1 0 13 10 2.33 PITCHING Game Score: C. Miner 45 Batters Faced: C. Miner 8, A. Dailey 7, D. Hennessey 3, K. O'Quinn 3, F. Yarbrough 5, J. López 4, X. Tien 4 Ground Outs - Fly Outs: C. Miner 3-2, A. Dailey 2-0, D. Hennessey 0-2, K. O'Quinn 0-0, F. Yarbrough 1-0, J. López 2-1, X. Tien 1-1 Pitches - Strikes: C. Miner 31-18, A. Dailey 26-13, D. Hennessey 11-7, K. O'Quinn 11-9, F. Yarbrough 22-12, J. López 16-8, X. Tien 13-10 Continental League IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA A. Wiley 2.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 18 12 2.25 A. Barbosa W (5-5) 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 11 8 2.89 T. Patrick 1.0 1 2 2 2 0 0 23 11 3.50 C. Gonzáles H (0) 1.0 0 0 0 1 1 0 21 11 1.61 P. Ortíz H (0) 1.0 0 0 0 2 0 0 21 11 3.21 I. Flores H (0) 1.0 0 0 0 1 0 0 15 6 3.04 C. Templeman H (0) 1.0 1 0 0 0 0 0 15 11 2.57 F. Padilla SV (36) 1.0 0 0 0 2 1 0 16 8 2.13 PITCHING Game Score: A. Wiley 53 Batters Faced: A. Wiley 6, A. Barbosa 3, T. Patrick 6, C. Gonzáles 4, P. Ortíz 5, I. Flores 4, C. Templeman 4, F. Padilla 5 Ground Outs - Fly Outs: A. Wiley 5-0, A. Barbosa 1-2, T. Patrick 2-1, C. Gonzáles 1-1, P. Ortíz 3-0, I. Flores 1-2, C. Templeman 2-1, F. Padilla 2-0 Pitches - Strikes: A. Wiley 18-12, A. Barbosa 11-8, T. Patrick 23-11, C. Gonzáles 21-11, P. Ortíz 21-11, I. Flores 15-6, C. Templeman 15-11, F. Padilla 16-8 GAME NOTES Player of the Game: O. Yamazaki Ballpark: Holliday Field Weather: Partly Cloudy (61 degrees), wind blowing in from left at 9 mph Start Time: 7:05 pm Time: 3:03 Attendance: 45866
Old 09-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #47
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Congratulations Alan!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #48
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

FAs aren't released until tomorrow's sim, I think.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #49
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

By the way, you do have another night tomorrow (monday) to make more contract extensions.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #50
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

HEY! That's what I said!