Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #1
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Delaware: The Housefly State

So....

My family moved to Delaware a year and a half ago. Basically a suburban area where the farm land is starting the conversion to housing developments. The development we live in is still in the process of building. There are no swampish areas or anything, it's a pretty dry area.

Right from day one we noticed something about the flys down here. Though they're not seen in great numbers, they do seem to have a skill at recognizing when our front door is open (even for a split second) and flying right in the house. Throughout the spring and summer it's rare where we don't have a fly annoying the hell out of everyone. Because of this, we've become experts at trying to find things that kill them but doesn't fill up the house with bug spray. FWIW, Windex does the job very well, and then you can just wipe the window clean .

As I walked to the mailbox today (in 25 degree weather), I noticed yet another house fly whizzing around the front porch (practicing for the spring and summer perhaps?). I always though flys were to remain mostly dormant in the winter - especially when it's 25 degrees outside. We've had no warm spells, so it's not like they were "woken up" early this year.

Have I found a new super species of house fly that is not only intelligent (as evidenced by our "open the door for a split second and 5 flys enter the house") but robust as well? Is this the beginning of the apocalypse?
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 03-05-2005 at 09:39 AM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

did you move to Amityville, Delaware by any chance?
Old 03-05-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Not Amityville. However, I did notice a man's voice yelling "GET OUT" whenever I go into the basement. Should I be concerned?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:46 AM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

Might just be a one season thing. The summer I moved to Abilene the entire area was overrun by crickets. You couldn't go anywhere without stepping on dead crickets and at night time they were jumping all around your legs. Hell, them managed to find their way into the Wendy's I was working at with no problems at all. However, that was the only summer of the four that I was there that it happened...

*shurg*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote