Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
SnDvls
Pro Starter

TEW 3-Player Dynasty: Death of the Territories

The year is April 1983. The WWF lead by Vince McMahon Sr & his son Vince McMahon Jr. are just at the begining of their takeover attempt to rid pro-wrestling of it's "territory" system. Three small but stable federations are hoping to work together to not only stop the takeover and elimination, but to also gain their own recognition as leaders in pro wrestling.

SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA

Championship Wrestling Association
Located in Tennessee/ South East
Owned by Jerry Jarrett

Starting Roster all on PPA contracts

Main Eventers
Jerry Lawler
Stan Lane
Steve Keirn
Moondog Rex
Austin Idol

Upper Midcarder
Ricky Morton
Dutch Mantell
Moondog Spot
NY Assassian #1
NY Assassian #2

Midcarder
Porkchop Cash
Robert Gibson
King Cobra
Bill Dundee
Rick Link
Troy Graham
The Angel
Bobby Eaton

Lower Midcarder
Terry Taylor
Jacques Rougeau
Phil Hickerson
Jesse Barr

Opener
Koko B. Ware
Sabu The Wildman
Bobby Fulton

Enhancement Talent
Carl Fergie

Occasional Wrestler
Tojo Yomato
Tommy Gilbert

Last edited by SnDvls : 06-11-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA Champions

AWA International Champion: Jerry Lawler
AWA Southern Heavyweight Champion: Jerry Lawler
Mid-American Heavyweight Champion: Koko B. Ware
Southern Tag Team Champions: Stan Lane & Steve Keirn (The Fabulous Ones)

Last edited by SnDvls : 06-11-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling
Owner: Jim Crockett Jr.

Current Roster (PPA except where noted):

MAIN EVENT STARS

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes (*written offered)
"The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff
Jos Leduc
"The Living Legend" Terry Funk
Wahoo McDaniel
"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (*written)

UPPER MIDCARD

Dory Funk Jr.
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
Jerry Brisco
Jimmy Valiant (aka Boogie Woogie Man)
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (*written offered)
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

MIDCARD

Cowboy Bob Orton Jr.
Bugsy McGraw
"Dirty" Dick Slater
Jay Youngblood
Magic Dragon
Mike Rotundo
One Man Gang
Sweet Brown Sugar
The Assassin
The Great Kabuki

LOWER MIDCARD

Black Bart
Ed "Brutus the Barber Beefcake Zodiac BootyMan" Leslie
Ken Timbs
Private Jim Nelson

OPENERS

Angelo Mosca Jr.
Masa Fuchi

ENHANCEMENT

Mark Fleming

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Title Picture

Crockett Cup (Tag Team Tournament - 80 Prestige): Vacant
Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title (40 Prestige): Dory Funk Jr.
Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Title (30 Prestige): Vacant

CURRENT NWA TITLE HOLDERS
(*available for title defenses to other promotions with working relationships)

NWA UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE (70 Prestige): GREG "THE HAMMER" VALENTINE

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (75 PRESTIGE):
RICKY "THE DRAGON" STEAMBOAT & JAY YOUNGBLOOD

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION (85 PRESTIGE):
"THE NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR

Some shuffling of the MACW titles is due to occur soon, with the Crockett Cup Tag Team Titles to perhaps be renamed and defended regularly, with the less-prestigious Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles being de-activated, along with perhaps a renaming of the "Mid-Atlantic" Heavyweight Title to something more appropriate for it's current prestige, or a bump in it's title level.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-11-2007 at 08:15 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Mid-Atlantic is loaded, you definitely have a leg up Torgo, especially with Flair on a written. It's amazing how many good Wrestlers were active in 1983.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-11-2007 at 12:24 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:52 AM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Mid-Atlantic is loaded, you definitely have a leg up Torgo, especially with Flair on a written. It's amazing how many good Wrestlers were active in 1983.

I don't like to look at it as "my leg up" but as "our leg up."

As I noted...I am more than happy to make my NWA Champions available to my partners for title matches, and to discuss title switches or ongoing programs with them to improve our chances. In particular, aside from Dragon+Youngblood, I am VERY weak on Tag Teams. And I am fairly weak on Main Event Faces (until I push some guys up there, but that's a longer-term project). And overloaded on Main Event Heels (someone want to take Jos Leduc on a talent trade?)

I felt that it was important that one of us take Mid-Atlantic, as they do have a lot of very marketable stars, and were the largest of the NWA territories (no one took AWA though, which was interesting). And I of course volunteered, as a certifiable Flair-a-holic (yes I have like 20-30 VHS tapes of Flair matches and interviews from the 70's-today...need to work on putting them on DVD actually. some absolutely priceless stuff). Hopefully I can build a nice bankroll that will enable us to snap up the smaller promotions as they die.

I'm not quite sure how my co-players are viewing this, but I am definitely seeing it as a collaborative effort first, with my competition against them a distant second.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 AM   #7
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Well, we know 2 of the territories - MACW and CWA - who's the third?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:15 AM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Well, we know 2 of the territories - MACW and CWA - who's the third?

I will leave that for DeTox to reveal. He didn't get the file till ~midnight EST last night as I wanted to make some initial offers and setup some initial storylines (since I have a card next-gameday)
Old 06-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #9
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

I'm not quite sure how my co-players are viewing this, but I am definitely seeing it as a collaborative effort first, with my competition against them a distant second.

As you can tell by my offer to have a "working agreement" I'm in the same boat as you are.

I actually had last pick and chose to go with more of a challenge in the CWA vs. the AWA and I am partial to the Tag Team scene and have always like tag team wrestling so I went with the promotion that had the strongest tags.

And I am very open to talent trading
Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
As you can tell by my offer to have a "working agreement" I'm in the same boat as you are.

I actually had last pick and chose to go with more of a challenge in the CWA vs. the AWA and I am partial to the Tag Team scene and have always like tag team wrestling so I went with the promotion that had the strongest tags.

And I am very open to talent trading

Yay for having someone else go for the "team" aspect of it. Although I don't know about making it HARDER on us.

As far as Tag Teams, you'll be happy to know that I offered Ricky Steamboat a written deal to try to keep him away from WWF...and as I mentioned I have a very prestigious Tag Team Title (I want to say it's 80, which is actually more than the NWA World Tag Team Titles ATM) in the Crockett Cup Tag Team Titles...perhaps we could work something out...?

I'd love to kick things off by bringing down a couple of your teams for my Tag Team Tournament, working some kind of finish with the heels cheating to win, and then maybe send the current NWA World Tag Team Champions (my only team of note) up your ways to try to recover the Crockett Cup, running matches back-n-forth up in TN and over in the Carolinas...maybe build up for an eventual NWA World Tag Team Title match.

I also think guys, that ASAP we should agree on some sort of "Big Event" schedule or something. Where maybe we rotate the big event every 2 months between the 3 feds or something? And the feds that have the big event coming can then talent-trade for that card in order to put on a "multi-federation" supercard? Does that make any sense?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-11-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #11
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yay for having someone else go for the "team" aspect of it. Although I don't know about making it HARDER on us.

As far as Tag Teams, you'll be happy to know that I offered Ricky Steamboat a written deal to try to keep him away from WWF...and as I mentioned I have a very prestigious Tag Team Title (I want to say it's 80, which is actually more than the NWA World Tag Team Titles ATM) in the Crockett Cup Tag Team Titles...perhaps we could work something out...?

I'd love to kick things off by bringing down a couple of your teams for my Tag Team Tournament, working some kind of finish with the heels cheating to win, and then maybe send the current NWA World Tag Team Champions (my only team of note) up your ways to try to recover the Crockett Cup, running matches back-n-forth up in TN and over in the Carolinas...maybe build up for an eventual NWA World Tag Team Title match.

I also think guys, that ASAP we should agree on some sort of "Big Event" schedule or something. Where maybe we rotate the big event every 2 months between the 3 feds or something? And the feds that have the big event coming can then talent-trade for that card in order to put on a "multi-federation" supercard? Does that make any sense?

I understand completly...I'll drop you a PM re: tag teams.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Georgia Championship Wrestling
Located in the Southeast
Owned by Jim Barnett

Rival Promotions

WWF - At War
WCCW - Hostile

GCW Champions

GCW National Heavyweight (80%): Vacant
GCW National Tag Team (70%): Vacant
GCW National Television (65%): Vacant

GCW Roster

Main Eventers

Ole Anderson
Mr. Wrestling II
Stan Hansen
Buzz Sawyer
Larry Zbysko

Upper Midcarders

The Iron Shiek
Paul Orndorf
Ronnie Garvin
The Spoiler
Tommy Rich

Midcarder

Road Warrior Animal
Road Warrior Hawk
Brett Wayne
Les Thornton
Pez Whatley
Jake Roberts
Bruno Sammartino Jr
Bullet Bob Armstrong

Lower Midcarder

Brad Armstrong
Rick McGraw
Joe Lightfoot
Italian Stalion

Opener

Mike Starbuck
Tim Horner
Pat Rose

Enhancement Talent

Randy Barber

Last edited by DeToxRox : 06-11-2007 at 04:32 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Georgia Championship Wrestling
Located in the Southeast
Owned by Jim Barnett

GCW Champions

GCW National Heavyweight (80%): Vacant
GCW National Tag Team (70%): Vacant
GCW National Television (65%): Vacant

GCW Roster

Main Eventers

Ole Anderson
Mr. Wrestling II
Stan Hansen
Buzz Sawyer
Larry Zbysko

Upper Midcarders

The Iron Shiek
Paul Orndorf
Ronnie Garvin
The Spoiler
Tommy Rich

Midcarder

Road Warrior Animal
Road Warrior Hawk
Brett Wayne
Les Thornton
Pez Whatley
Jake Roberts
Bruno Sammartino Jr
Bullet Bob Armstrong

Lower Midcarder

Brad Armstrong
Rick McGraw
Joe Lightfoot
Italian Stalion

Opener

Mike Starbuck
Tim Horner
Pat Rose

Enhancement Talent

Randy Barber

oooh that's right...you have the road warriors...how they feel bout getting on a train and heading up north for the crockett cup??

nice roster. I didn't realize "the living legend" was in GA at that point! sneakin a garvin and stan hansen in there too hmm?? and ole anderson & paul orndorf. quality
Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling - The Crockett Cup Card
*although the cup will be not be decided tonight, but at a later date paradoxically

"Dark" Events

1.The cameras return to David Crockett at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming NWA World Heavyweight Title bout between Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair by speaking about recent events between the two. "This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!" (C+)

2. Great Kabuki & Magic Dragon defeated Sweet Brown Sugar and Private Jim Nelson in 9:54 when The Great Kabuki defeated Sweet Brown Sugar by pinfall with a Green Mist Blast. (D+)

THE SHOW BEGINS

1. Dusty Rhodes is walking through the back of the arena. Ric Flair looks angry, and jumps him from behind, throwing a series of wild overhead shots. Dusty Rhodes fights off the attack, though, and returns the favor, forcing Flair to rethink the attack. After a solid blow by Rhodes lands, Ric Flair tumbles to the floor, crashing through a pallet of boxes, and flees. (B+)

2. Bob Orton Jr. defeated Dick Slater in 9:37 by pinfall with The Superplex. (C )

3. Dory Funk comes out and disrespects the crowd, leading to boos.

4. Jimmy Valiant defeated Greg Valentine in 17:08 when Greg Valentine was disqualified when Ric Flair ran in and attacked Jimmy Valiant. (C+)

5. Valentine and Flair attack Jimmy Valiant in the ring, and leave him down and out. (B)

6. The cameras return to Tony Schiavone at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Koloff and Leduc and McDaniel and Funk by speaking about recent events between the two teams; their histories, etc.
"This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!" (C+)

7. Ricky Steamboat defeated Dory Funk Jr. in 23:39 by disqualification. (B)

8. As Wahoo McDaniel prepares to do battle, the noble McDaniel removes his sacred Headdress, cradles it in his arms as if a child, then bends over to hand it to the ringside attendant. Just as he does so, Jos Leduc comes charging into the ring. Leduc slams the unsuspecting McDaniel in the back with a powerful forearm, then kicks him down to the mat. As McDaniel struggles to get to his feet, Leduc breaks off the attack to grab the headdress from ringside. Leduc does the unthinkable, when he begins shredding the beautiful headdress and laughing. Wahoo McDaniel rises to his feet... only to get knocked down once again. The fans go mad with rage when Leduc adds insult to the attack by attempting to cram the headdress feathers down McDaniel's throat. The attack ends when an army of backstage staff hit the ring and separate the two. (C+)

9. Terry Funk and Wahoo McDaniel defeated Ivan Koloff and Jos Leduc in 22:39 when Wahoo McDaniel defeated Jos Leduc by pinfall. (B-)

10. As Dusty Rhodes prepares for his bout against Ric Flair, Jim Crockett Jr manages to get a few words with Rhodes about the upcoming match. Dusty Rhodes promises to win. (C+)

11. Ric Flair defeated Dusty Rhodes in 32:47 by submission after blatantly cheating. Ric Flair makes defence number 1 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. (A)

12. Flair and Valentine attack Dusty Rhodes in the ring, and leave him down and out. (B)

13. Dusty Rhodes is being stretchered out, having just suffered a defeat. Ric Flair is in the ring with a microphone, and proceeds to taunt Rhodes about the loss, knowing that he is in no condition to fight back. (B+)
FINAL SHOW RATING: B-

A great first show for a "high-prestige" show with no time to build up serious storyline background. All these matches are actually the beginnings of angles, so hopefully these matches can be built on/maintained.

The Crockett Cup will be contended when we have additional Tag Teams down for a Special Event.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-11-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #15
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA

Jerry Jarrett called me into his office today to lay out his "goals" for the next 2 years. The first one is pretty easy to do, I must have more cash than when I started $135,000. It's goal's #2 & #3 that I will have a hard time with and could cause me to move to another promotion somewhere along the line. Goal number two is that I can't sign anyone over the age of 42, not a big block, but it could prevent me from getting in some good workers. Finally, the goal that could be my downfall, I can not sign anyone who currently works for anyone else...ouch I'm glad I made several offers before getting these goals as I'm going to be hampered big time with this one. I quickly call up my friends in Mid Atlantic & Georgia Championship letting them know how I'll be leaning on them for talent trades now more than ever.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

OUCH SunnyD
Old 06-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #17
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

MACW

MACW

I step into Jim Crockett Jr's office the day after the Crockett Cup Card to see what he has to say, and he doesn't dissapoint, laying down the law.

He lets me know that the promotion must not fall in size in the next year, and must not fall below approximately 215k in cash. He also lets me know that drug-addicted workers are bad for business, and so I am not allowed to sign anyone with a drug problem. He also lets me know that Poorly Trained workers make our existing workers look bad, and accordingly I am not allowed to sign or resign anyone who is below a B- in Basics.

I step out of the office and head back to my office to check my messages.

I find that the WWF have made offers to Ricky Steamboat and Rowdy Roddy Piper. I had already offered a written deal to Steamboat, and I will have to decide what I want to do about Piper quickly.

As I am sitting there in my little office, Ricky Steamboat sticks his head in the door to let me know that although the WWF has made him an offer, he would like to stay.

I almost leap from my chair in joy as we start to hammer out terms. Ricky clearly knows his worth and is asking a king's ransom. I step into the other room to call Crockett after we've agreed on a 5k/month written deal for 18 months, but Crockett nearly has a heart attack over that. I go back in to Ricky and offer him a 2k Exclusive Pay Per Appearance plus a 2k downside contract for 9 months, which is accepted.

Silly Crockett. You'd think the man could do math, but apparently not, and regardless, we now have "The Dragon" locked away from the WWF for the next 9 months during which time hopefully Crockett will loosen the purse-strings.

Made some other offers, and called it a day.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Um.. Exclusive PPA means that if WWE offers him a written, he will still leave, just in the meantime, he will wrestle for no one but you.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #19
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Um.. Exclusive PPA means that if WWE offers him a written, he will still leave, just in the meantime, he will wrestle for no one but you.

right. But I havn't seen them offering Written deals to anyone yet. So it at least keeps him in our camp in that way for now. And hopefully Crockett loosens his purse-strings after a few more killer shows.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Heading to the GCW offices, I'm given several notes upon my arrival. Apparently Jim Barnett wants GCW to see improvement in GCWs status in the wrestling industry, an increase in money, to see lots of wrestlers who are competent with the finer points of wrestling (B- basics) and no one over 42 years old.

All these are reasonable requests, though we'll lose a few guys on our roster when their current deals expire, such as Stan Hansen and the Shiek, but it's what we gotta' do.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #21
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA Rampage
Tuesday, Week 1, April 1983
Ft. Lauderdale Armory, FL

Dark Match
Jacques Rougeau defeated Carl Fergie by pinfall (D-)

Dark Match
Porkchop Cash defeated Troy Graham in 7:53 by pinfall with a Cross Body Block. (D-)

Jimmy Hart and Austin Idol comes out for an interview, challenging Jerry Lawler to put up his AWA International Title on the line tonight. (B-)

Koko B. Ware defeated Terry Taylor in 7:36 by pinfall with a Ghostbuster. Koko B. Ware makes defence number 1 of his Mid-America Heavyweight title. (D+)

Jim Cornette, The Angel, Jesse Barr, and Carl Fergie come out to the announcer's podium. Jim Cornette begins issuing warnings to all within earshot that this stable is one of pure dominance. "No one is safe," he suggests, "From the highest on the hill - to the ants who make it, know that We are the masters of the ship and We are the winds that guide it. Anyone who gets in our way will be pushed to the wayside." (D-)

Jim Cornette's words prompt Bill Dundee to come out and issue a challenge to one of Cornette's men. Bill Dundee comes to the ring and challenges The Angel to a match. (D)

The Angel defeated Bill Dundee in 12:22 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D+)

The Fabulous Ones cut an interview with Lance Russell, hyping the upcoming bout against The New York Assassins. (D+)

The Fabulous Ones defeated The New York Assassins in 15:08 when Stan Lane defeated N.Y. Assassin #1 by pinfall. The Fabulous Ones make defence number 1 of their Southern Tag Team titles. (C+)

After the match The Moondogs come to the ring and attack the champions putting a post match beatdown on The Fabulous Ones (C-)

Jerry Lawler comes out and says that he will take up the open challenge that Jimmy Hart has issued to face Austin Idol telling Idol to get in this ring right now (B)

Jerry Lawler defeated Austin Idol in 19:57 when Austin Idol was disqualified when Jimmy Hart ran in and attacked Jerry Lawler. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 1 of his AWA International title. (C+) After the match Lawler celebrated his win (B-)

Final Rating: C-

Not a bad start. Lawler is the man and will carry me to success or failure that is for sure. I got three of my storylines started so that is good.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #22
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and hey SnDvls...you sold out your show bud
Old 06-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #23
molson
General Manager

Quote:
CWA

Finally, the goal that could be my downfall, I can not sign anyone who currently works for anyone else...ouch I'm glad I made several offers before getting these goals as I'm going to be hampered big time with this one. I quickly call up my friends in Mid Atlantic & Georgia Championship letting them know how I'll be leaning on them for talent trades now more than ever.

Ya, when using the DOTT mod, that's pretty much the "death block".
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #24
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Ya, when using the DOTT mod, that's pretty much the "death block".

we're here for ya buddy.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #25
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

MACW TV SHOW TAPING @ BOUTWELL MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM, BIRMINGHAM, AL

1. Dusty Rhodes is backstage with David Crockett. He asks to be given a chance to wrestle Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title, and David Crockett accepts the request. (B+)

2. Bob Orton Jr. defeated Dick Slater in 8:46 by pinfall with The Superplex. (C+)

3. Ric Flair comes out and gets into an argument with David Crockett about the recent match announcement between Flair and Dusty Rhodes.
"I never accepted a challenge... I never put my name to a contract! Is this how you run things around here, David Crockett? Are you just going to let Rhodes spit in the face of tradition? We need Challenges; We need Press Conferences; We need an Official contract signing before I ever step into the ring against him with my title on the line!"
At that, David Crockett produces what appears to be official documents from the inside of his coat, "Well let me tell you this, Mr. Ric Flair: I've got in my hands an official document from the Board of Directors that catagorically states you WILL be facing Dusty Rhodes for that title."
As Flair begins to sputter an outrage, David Crockett continues: "And not only that... No, wait a minute... Not only that, but you must honor this contractual agreement or face - and I quote: 'Severe Disciplinary Actions.'"
As the fans heckle him, a red-faced Ric Flair storms off the set in a rage. (C+)
*I'm offended that this did worse than the Dusty segment. Maybe the fans are sick of Crockett?

4. The cameras hurriedly head to the backstage parking lot, where a brutal attack by Dory Funk Jr. on Ricky Steamboat is caught on film. (C+)

5. Ricky Steamboat defeated Dory Funk Jr. in 11:51 by count out. (B)

6. Dusty Rhodes and Jimmy Valiant defeated Greg Valentine and Ric Flair in 12:45 when Dusty Rhodes defeated Ric Flair by pinfall. (C+)

7. The match is over, and Rhodes and Valiant are left down. Valentine and Flair are celebrating, but then stop and see that their opponents are still on the ground. They attack, and beat both Rhodes and Valiant into the canvas. (B-)

FINAL SHOW GRADE - C+

Not as great as I'd hoped, but it's hard to book just a one-hour show with match-lengths being on average so much longer. Made a few missteps that I can correct moving forward though.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #26
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
and hey SnDvls...you sold out your show bud

I would hope so I was in a tiny arena
Old 06-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #27
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would hope so I was in a tiny arena

i know. just tryin to buck you up
Old 06-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #28
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI all:

No updates today because DeTox had the file and the lucky bastard was at the Tigers game
Old 06-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GCW On The Road
Thursday, Week 1, April 1983
Live from the Macon City Auditorium (GA)
2,000 (SOLD OUT)

Pre-Show Dark Segment
Paul Ellering is backstage with the Road Warriors. He tells Bullet Bob Armstrong that tonight he's going to make he and his son Brad understand why they're the best tag team in the South today (D+)

Pre-Show Dark Match
The Road Warriors defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 13:29 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with a Flying Shoulder Tackle (C)

The Iron Sheik defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr. in 8:09 by pinfall with a Loaded Boot Blast (C-) After the match the Shiek continues his assault on Bruno Jr until Bullet Bob Armstonrg hits the ring for the save (D)

Jake Roberts defeated Brett Wayne in 12:54 by pinfall with a Short-Arm Clothesline (C-)

Paul Orndorff drew with Tommy Rich in 15:00 when the time limit expired (B-)

Buzz Sawyer is in the back hyping tonights four way match between himself, Larry Zybsko, Stan Hansen and Ole Anderson. Sawyer promises tonight is the first stepping stone to his GCW Heavyweight Title (C+)

Stan Hansen defeated Larry Zbyszko, Buzz Sawyer and Ole Anderson in 30:07 when Stan Hansen defeated Larry Zbyszko by pinfall with The Lariat (A) As the bell sounds, the four men pair off and continue the wreckage until the rest of the locker empties to break it up (B-)

Show Rating: B-
Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #30
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

NICE main event detox! hella strong!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #31
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Just realized something...I need you both to not offer Lawler...if you do you are going to kill me before we even get started. You both will be priority over me and cause him to never be able to work for me as you both have shows on the same days that I do. So I'm pleading with you to not sign him. I'm happy to loan him out if you wish though.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #32
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA News

CWA has come to terms with Jake Roberts, Kevin Sullivan & Greg Valentine to PPA deals...all have other commitments with biggers promotions, but CWA would love to have them working for us when they are avaliable.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #33
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I will withdraw my offer to lawler of course. I basically just went down the list and offered everyone that met the criteria that I met, figured I could work it out later who I actually wanted.

as for Valentine...I intend for him to be quite busy, but if you want to use him just let me know and we can work something out informally.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #34
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I will withdraw my offer to lawler of course. I basically just went down the list and offered everyone that met the criteria that I met, figured I could work it out later who I actually wanted.

as for Valentine...I intend for him to be quite busy, but if you want to use him just let me know and we can work something out informally.

I relooked at it again you are okay w/ Lawler

my shows are Tuesdays & Saturdays with my big shows all on Mondays (once I change them)

I'll hold off on using Valentine & Roberts until I PM you both respectivilly to let you know my plans for them.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:05 PM   #35
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling
From WTBS Studio - Atlanta Georgia

"Dark Match"

Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood defeat Angelo Mosca Jr. & Mark Fleming to retain the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles. (D)

The Show Begins

Bob Orton Jr. defeated The Great Kabuki in 8:42 when The Great Kabuki was disqualified when Dick Slater ran in and attacked Bob Orton Jr. ( C )

Greg Valentine and Jimmy Valiant are in the ring, and are squaring off, unhappy about something. The argument soon turns physical, and they are joined by Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes for a wild brawl, with the chaos spilling out all around ringside. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers have to hit the ring and pull them apart before they kill each other. (B-)

Paul Jones drew with Jack Brisco in 13:49 following a double disqualification. During the match we also saw Bob Roop run in and attack Jack Brisco, and Jerry Brisco do the same to Jones. (B-)

Jack Brisco is being attacked by Roop and Jones in the ring. Seeing the assault, Jerry Brisco comes running in and fights them both off, saving Jack Brisco from a serious beating. (B-)

Jimmy Valiant and Dusty Rhodes defeated Greg Valentine and Ric Flair in 19:35 when Dusty Rhodes defeated Greg Valentine by submission with a Weaver Lock. (B-)

Final Rating: C

Old 06-13-2007, 09:10 PM   #36
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA Notes

Well I scored a major coup today with the signing of "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert to a PPA deal. Currently Gilbert works for WWF, but his father Tommy Gilbert is a major part of the backstage team here in CWA.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #37
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

MACW NOTES

A big day for MACW as a lot of workers return my calls.

We are rejected by:

Dick Murdoch
Ole Anderson
Lanny Poffo
Jerry Stubbs
Jimmy Golden

On the other hand

Mark Rocco
Manny Fernandez
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
Dennis Condrey
Dave "Fit" Finley
"Beautiful" Bobby Eaton
Tony St. Clair
and Buddy Roberts

have all agreed to enter into negotiations with MACW. I have definate plans for many of these workers, while others I will have to make plans for, and some (ex. Fit Finley) are just great value.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-13-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #38
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

MACW Insider Party-Line Call with Tony Schiavone

With the bounty of new and expected signings over the next few days, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling is going to be bringing some very captivating struggles to you fans. I can tell you already that there has been bad blood backstage between some of the newcomers and some of the established MACW stars.

For one, there's certainly no love-lost between the NWA World Tag Team Champions Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Jay Youngblood and the team of Dennnis Condrey and Bobby Eaton. And there are plenty of Tag Team Titles in MACW right now, as well as exciting rumors of workers traveling into the area to compete for the Crockett Cup, so look for this all to collide with devestating effect.

And on the subject of Tag Team Titles, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling currently has 3...count them 3, Tag Team Titles. The Crockett Cup, which is a tournament title, as well as both the NWA World Tag Team Titles and the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles, both held by Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Jay Youngblood.

Speculation in the back office is running rampant about what MACW will do with this embarassment of Tag Team Title Riches, particularly with the Crockett Cup seen as slightly more prestigious than the NWA World Tag Team Titles.

This has been the Insider Call in Party Line with Tony Schiavone. Don't forget to support your local NWA Affiliate, particularly those of you in Tennessee and Georgia! I've heard there are some great matches being put on in CWA by Jerry Lawler, as well as rumors having reached me that the CWA has just agreed to a deal to bring "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert down to rejoin his father Tommy in CWA. And down in GCW the fued between Stan Hansen and Larry Zbyszko seems to be threatening to blow the roof off some buildings!
Old 06-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #39
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GCW News

GCW has come to terms with several new wrestlers to add to the roster. WWF mad man Dave Schultz, Stampede Wrestling young stud Bad News Allen and a rising star in the South, Arn Anderson.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:22 PM   #40
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA All-Stars
Saturday, Week 1, April 1983
Macon City Auditorium, GA

Pre Show
Highlights of the recent event between The Fabulous Ones and The Moondogs are played in a video package. (C-)

Pre Show
"Sweet" Stan Lane and Steve Keirn come down to the ring with Commissioner Eddie Marlin. Lane says that he still wants a match with one of the Moondogs tonight and he doesn't care what it takes. Marlin agrees to the match, but if Lane loses the Moondogs get a title shot next week. Eddie Marlin says that the match is now official, and that he'll face Moondog Rex tonight. (D)

Dark Match
The Fantastics defeated Billy Joe Travis and Brickhouse Brown in 8:05 when Bobby Fulton defeated Billy Joe Travis by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. (E+)

Pre Show
The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert make an appearance. (D-)

Pre Show
At ringside, Lance Russell conducts an interview with Jimmy Hart. In it, J. Hart lets it be known that he is seeking new clients to manage. (B-)

"Beautiful" Bobby Eaton defeated Jacques Rougeau in 5:50 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. (D)

"Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert defeated Rick Link in 5:46 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)

Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee cut an interview with Lance Russell, hyping the upcoming bout against Dutch Mantell and Austin Idol. (D+)

"Sweet" Stan Lane defeated Moondog Rex in 9:33 by pinfall. During the match Moondog Spot tried to attack Lane and cost him the match, but was not successful. (C-) After the match the Moondogs attacked Lane and left him in the ring before Steve Keirn could make it to the ring for the save (D+)

Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee defeated "Heart Throb" Austin Idol and "Dirty" Dutch Mantell in 19:51 when Jerry "The King" Lawler defeated "Dirty" Dutch Mantell by pinfall with a Piledriver. (C) After the match all four men continued brawling to the back to end the show (C-)

Show Rating: D+

Thoughts
The fans really don't like Rick Link or Bobby Fulton so that hurt both of their matches.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #41
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GCW TV
Saturday, Week 1, April 1983
Columbus Auditorium, GA
5,000 attendance, SOLD OUT

A video plays announcing an eight man tournament for the GCW Heavyweight Title (B-)

The Road Warriors defeated The Lightning Express in 6:45 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Tim Horner by pinfall with a Flying Shoulder Tackle (D-)

Buzz Sawyer hits the ring. He lets the world know he is one of the eight men in the tournament and that tonight he is going to make Mr. Wrestling II join his buddy Mr. Wrestling I in a permanent job in the back (C+)

Jake Roberts defeated The Spoiler in 11:46 by pinfall with The DDT (C+) As Roberts celebrates he calls to the back where the Road Warriors emerge. Together they put the boots to the Spoiler (D+) Jake Roberts moves on to the next round of the GCW Heavyweight Title tournament.

Buzz Sawyer defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 15:05 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam (B+) Buzz Sawyer advances to the next round of the GCW Heavyweight Title tournament.

Ole Anderson and Stan Hansen come to the ring promising that they'll both win their matches next week and that the better of the two men will fight the winner of Sawyer vs Roberts for the GCW Heavyweight Title. This is about pride for them (B)

Ronnie Garvin won a battle royal in 19:56. The final four competitors also included Tommy Rich, Brett Wayne and Brad Armstrong, with Tommy Rich being the final elimination. Ronnie Garvin wins the National Television title (C+) As Garvin celebrates his TV title win, Jake Roberts comes to the ring joined by the Road Warriors and Paul Ellering. With all four sides of the ring covered, Roberts makes a challenge for Garvins title next week. Roberts says he plans to not just be GCW Heavyweight Champion, but TV champion too! (C+)

Show Rating: C+
Old 06-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #42
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA Notes

CWA All-Stars got a 0.09 on local TV
Old 06-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #43
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Party Line with Tony Schiavone

"I'm your host Tony Schiavone and it's time for another exciting day on the Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Party Line. Only 99 cents a minute, kids please be sure to have your parent's permission before calling!

And with that out of the way, let's talk Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! I have just been handed confirmation by Jim Crockett Jr. himself that as part of the Crockett Cup Tournament we will be bringing to you fans over the next 2 weeks you will indeed be seeing the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood, you will be seeing an exciting young power team out of Georgia Championship Wrestling by the name of the Road Warriors. From Jerry Jarrett's Continental Wrestling Association, the notorious Moondogs will travel East, and we will also see Terry and Dory Funk Jr. stepping into the ring together in an attempt to win the cup for their family. All this along with an NWA World Heavyweight Title Defense by The Nature Boy who sources tell me has been ordered to defend his title in the ring against Jack Brisco.

It promises to be a wild ride in MACW fans, so strap yourselves in!"

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-15-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #44
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CWA Rampage
Tuesday, Week 2, April 1983
Ocalla Community College, FL

Dark Match
Terry Orndorff defeated Carl Fergie in 8:29 by pinfall with a Sunset Flip. (D)

Dark Match
The Angel defeated Porkchop Cash in 7:57 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. (D)

Eddie Marlin cuts a promo announcing the renaming of all titles to CWA titles.(E-)

Koko B. Ware defeated Jacques Rougeau in 6:09 by pinfall when Jimmy Hart interfered. Koko B. Ware makes defence number 2 of his CWA Mid-American Heavyweight title. (D)

Highlights of the recent event between The Moondogs and The Fabulous Ones are played in a video package. (C-) The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Moondog Spot take on Steve Keirn. (C)

Steve Keirn defeated Moondog Spot in 7:35 by pinfall. (C)

At ringside, Lance Russell conducts an interview with Jim Cornette. In it, J. Cornette lets it be known that he is seeking new clients to manage. (D) This brings out Jimmy Hart who did the same thing on CWA All-Stars with Lance Russell. Jimmy Hart comes out to the podium and discloses a hefty monetary figure in his attempt to sign Michael P.S. Hayes to a managerial contract. (C+)

The Rock and Roll Express defeated The New York Assassins in 11:42 when Ricky Morton defeated N.Y. Assassin #2 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (D+)

We go to the back where we see The Angel & Jesse Barr attack Eddie Gilbert. As The Angel and Jesse Barr continue their attack on "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert, Jerry "The King" Lawler runs in swinging, attempting to save E. Gilbert from serious injury. The Angel and J. Barr quickly turn their attention to J. Lawler, attacking him viciously. (D+)

"Beautiful" Bobby Eaton defeated Bill Dundee in 7:45 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. (D+)

Jerry "The King" Lawler and "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert are together, and make the announcement that they are going to be allies from now on, watching each others back. (C-)

"Heart Throb" Austin Idol defeated Tommy Rich in 11:43 by pinfall with an Elbow Drop. (C+)

Final Rating D+

I'm happy with anything over an E and many of my wrestlers are getting better.

Last edited by SnDvls : 06-16-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #45
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling TV

"Dark" Match

Jerry Brisco defeated Bob Roop in 8:22 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (C)

The Show Begins

Mike Rotundo defeated Mark Rocco in 6:49 by pinfall with an Airplane Spin. (D+)

Dusty Rhodes comes out to the podium to challenge Ric Flair to a match.

"Now before you go running off and duck the challenge, Flair, hear me out: I am willing to put up ten thousand dollars in order to get you in the ring. That's right - your sound is still working; I said... 10 Thousand Dollars! And all you have to do is put up that belt of yours in return." (B+)

The Midnight Express defeated Rufus Jones & Mike Rotundo in 7:05 when Bobby Eaton defeated Mike Rotundo by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. (D-)

As Tony Schiavone interviews Bob Orton Jr., Dick Slater storm the set and attacks Schiavone. As Slater beats down Orton, Tony Schiavone stands off to the side calling for someone to stop the carnage. (D+)

Greg Valentine defeated Manny Fernandez in 10:21 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Greg Valentine makes defence number 1 of his United States Heavyweight title. ( C )

A video plays hyping the goings on in the Jimmy Valiant vs. Greg Valentine storyline. (B-)

Ric Flair defeated Jack Brisco in 13:36 by pinfall after using a foreign object. Ric Flair makes defence number 2 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. (B-)

FINAL RATING: C+