Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2007, 01:58 AM   #1
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Longest your hair has ever been?

What's the pulse on guys and long hair these days?

Right now mine is quite short, but at different times I've had a large fro, and straightened hair (go ahead make your gay jokes) down to my chin, but I could never go any longer.....What's the longest you've ever grown your hair, and would you ever grow it considerably longer than it is now?

Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I had a mullet as a kid. Business in the front, party in the back.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm a chia pet. My hair doesn't grow long, it just grows out. But at least I still have it all at my age.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

Probably when I was a year or two old. May parents didn't want to cut me my first haircut because it was so pretty and blonde, but when people started saying that I was such a pretty little girl they decided that it was time...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Today.

Ive had one cut in the past few years.

Its so fucking hot down here that Im thinking of shaving it all off. I could also cut 10-12 inches off the top, use a 1 guard on the sides and have one of the sweetest non permed mullets ever.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

In college my hair was just past my shoulders. That was such a pain trying to brush out in the morning, I don't miss it in the least.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #7
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As a kid, I wasn't used to a regular haircut, my mom would just cut my bangs from time to time. My hair went down past my shoulders and onto my shoulder blades at one point. I remember getting that cut off for a spike in 7th grade. My hair would touch my shoulders after that, but never went much longer than that.

As for the military over the past 10 years, I'd say I kept my hair high and tight for about half of it. I got tired of having to constantly get my hair trimmed off my ears. Hair on the ears is the easiest sign of an unsat haircut in the military. A trim off the ears may mean I'm back in a week or two. A high and tight meant I wasn't coming back for another month and as a bonus kept anyone from getting onto me about my hair.

Right now, I don't believe I've had a haircut since early March, my last high and tight. It's the longest it's been in a long time. I've been contemplating a haircut, but it's so great to see me with hair again I refuse.

Maybe next month.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:41 AM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

when I was 18 and played in a heavy metal band I had hair a little more then halfway down my back.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Right now, it's close to about shoulder length. I've had it longer but we don't talk about that. As an old Jesus Freak and one that had to have short hair all throughout my childhood, I purposely rebel against the way it was, as well as currently being the IT rebel among all of the nerds with their goateed skinhead look.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #10
Telle
College Starter

Well I'm a woman so I'm not exactly the demographic you're looking for.. but the longest I've had mine was long enough that I was sitting on it. Then over the past five years I've donated hair to Locks of Love on two separate occasions.. once 14 inches and once 16 inches.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:13 AM   #11
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

A little past shoulder length. But, ever since I've been out of the military, I've kept it short.. although, that is probably more because I'm losing my hair and if it gets long, I fear I would look like Gallagher.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #12
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
when I was 18 and played in a heavy metal band I had hair a little more then halfway down my back.

You on the left or the right?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #13
Passacaglia
Coordinator

In college, it was past my shoulders. I cut it short toward the end of college, for job interviews, with the plan of growing it back again. Of course, that's when I met my wife, and she won't let me.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #14
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

down to my shoulders in college. and then I started going bald shortly thereafter and began shaving my head.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post

You on the left or the right?

Wait...a "best of" Nelson album under the heading "20th Century Masters"?!?!?!?! OK, I thought "a Bluegrass Tribute to Disturbed" was bad, but I've seen everything now. So this is the depths the music industry has sunken to in order to regain revenues?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #16
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I had it in a ponytail that went about 1/3 down my back... Now I keep it shaved. Much better!

Don't you hate it when you see a woman with beautiful hair and a nice ass, then she turns around and it's some 5'5" skinny guy with a goatee? There should be a rule about little girly-men and long hair!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #17
path12
Coordinator

I had it halfway down my back for about 5 years or so and around the shoulder blades after that......until I started thinning, then you've gotta go short unless you want to look like Gallagher. Which I don't.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #18
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So this is the depths the music industry has sunken to in order to regain revenues?

Just their way of fighting pirating. No way does anyone download that...
Old 06-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
sabotai
General Manager

I've had it long before, about a third of the way down my back. That was only because I'm too lazy to go get a hair cut and too lazy to cut it myself. Eventually it gets on my nerves and go get it cut short to repeat the cycle.

Last edited by sabotai : 06-21-2007 at 03:25 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #20
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
I had a mullet as a kid. Business in the front, party in the back.

Me too. 1989. Spiked on top, and down to my shoulders in back. I still have pictures.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #21
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I had it halfway down my back for about 5 years or so and around the shoulder blades after that......until I started thinning, then you've gotta go short unless you want to look like Gallagher. Which I don't.

Sad but true.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

and

That's me celebrating with Carlos Guillen.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 06-21-2007 at 04:32 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I have way too much hair right now.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #24
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i let my hair grow too long then i get it cut. rinse repeat. i dont believe in trims ( unless a little lady changes me). the longest i can remember once my bangs reached the tip of my nose when i pulled it down. my hair curls when it gets long
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote