Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
TimGuru
High School Varsity

HTML

Alan:

NOT A COMPLAINT! Its awesome that the HTML is kept up to date with remarkable consistency. My last historical league was horrible about it.

But...my employer for some reason hasn't managed to block our league's HTML with their netnanny. So, I can look over my team and stuff "on my lunch" (Brittdad also works where I work). I suspect others are probably similarly able to access the HTML but not the game during work.

But the minor league updates are very inconsistent. Some guys don't have stats since 1980 season. Others are right up to date.

Could you make a point of updating the whole HTML during the weekend when the season is over? I believe that each league updated adds tons of overhead so I don't think you should have to do it every sim. If you are trying to update everything every sim, you may not know that some things aren't taking.

TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
Alan:

NOT A COMPLAINT! Its awesome that the HTML is kept up to date with remarkable consistency. My last historical league was horrible about it.

But...my employer for some reason hasn't managed to block our league's HTML with their netnanny. So, I can look over my team and stuff "on my lunch" (Brittdad also works where I work). I suspect others are probably similarly able to access the HTML but not the game during work.

But the minor league updates are very inconsistent. Some guys don't have stats since 1980 season. Others are right up to date.

Could you make a point of updating the whole HTML during the weekend when the season is over? I believe that each league updated adds tons of overhead so I don't think you should have to do it every sim. If you are trying to update everything every sim, you may not know that some things aren't taking.

For whatever reason, in OOTP9, the entire process to create HTML reports and upload them has increased in time required. For a while, i sat and waited for them to finish, but often that would take 2+ hours and with the sims not finishing until midnight or 1am in some cases, now a days I just auto-upload the HTML as I go to bed.

Some mornings I wake up and see it errored out halfway or such.. and I would love to explain how horrible ootp9 HTML report process is... I'll try to go over the settings to make sure that everything is being uploaded correctly. I might have reduced some things back when I was watching it finish.. but now since I just let it run on its own, no reason to do that anymore.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That's a lot of work and OOTP does an awful job. Having spent years doing it, I can tell you that trying to generate the HTML for any other reason than the necessities can be a real PITA.

youhide.com is a free proxy. so is hidemyass, though that's pretty funny and has ass in it. browsl.com is another.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-12-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
TimGuru
High School Varsity

The guy tasked with keeping us off the internet is remarkably "with it" and reasonable. I don't want to betray what trust exists between he and I by trying proxy-o-the-week until he catches up with it. But thanks.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
brittdad
n00b

If I dont have the site blocked within the next week due an unreasonable amount of time spent on it, Tim and I will be very lucky. I tend to spend many hours building a below average team.

Scott
brittdad is offline   Reply With Quote