Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #51
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Yeah, ours are broken down by position a little more than that--to the point that we have separate position coaches for CB's and safeties, rather than a general DB coach.

When I came back from deployment, and helped the coaching staff at the Missouri HS some, it seemed to me they were even less delegated than before.

Two of the coaches from the previous four were still there. The head coach normally works with quarterbacks and linemen, but would by nature of his position move to other things.

The other coach, who I'm closer to, worked with backs and linebackers.

There was another coach there I didn't know well. He's since taken over as head coach. I'd guess he was more of a line coach and defensive coordinator...though that is probably giving him too much credit.

Sitting in the booth with him during one game in particular, he was screaming about the opponent being in a formation and the defense not aligning correctly. Problem was, the defense was aligning correctly. The coach couldn't admit he was wrong that there was a flanker on the near side of the formation. I just shook my head and did my assignment.

Finally, there was a freshman coach as well. To be honest, I don't know who coached receivers. Maybe the head coach, some.

Despite the general duties of the coaches, they were highly successful, just slightly below the performance of a Tucker. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. That said, we don't have the number of D1 signees as Tucker, which I'd assume is because of the lack of individual coaching.

Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #52
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
That said, we don't have the number of D1 signees as Tucker, which I'd assume is because of the lack of individual coaching.
I think you're right there. Of the 11 kids from Tucker that signed today, probably only Asher, Myke and Dwayne would have gotten schollies without have been seriously coached up during their time at Tucker. MAYBE Donnie gets a small-college offer, but no way he and Cameron are D1 kids without the level of position attention that they've gotten. At this point, every position coach at Tucker has either years of position coaching that position, and/or played that position in college and/or the NFL.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #53
Ben E Lou

Dwayne Harris, ATH, 6-0, 190, Fr., Stone Mountain, Ga. (Tucker)
High School: A Class 4A All-State selection by the Georgia High School Coaches Association as a senior ... As the Tigers' quarterback, led Tucker to a 10-1 record and a Regional 6-AAAA championships in 2005 ... Key performer for a THS program which stood as high as No.3 in the Associated Press Georgia prep rankings during senior campaign ... Also earned inclusion on the All-DeKalb County squad ... Invited to play in the North-South All-Star Game and was chosen as contest's MVP ... Passed for 1,334 yards and 10 touchdowns ... On the ground, racked up 524 yards and scored seven TDs ... Won a total of four football letters and served as the Tigers' team captain in 2005 ... Also lettered in basketball and baseball ... Listed in SuperPrep Magazine as one of the top 25 prospects out of Georgia ... Also included in Prep Star Magazine as one of the top quarterback prospects in the Southeast ... Coach was Bill Ballard. Personal: Full name is Dwayne Lenard Harris ... Born September 16, 1987 at Atlanta, Ga. ... A projected business major.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #54
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Born September 16, 1987 at Atlanta, Ga. ... A projected business major.

Aw, geez. I suddenly feel really old. This kid had just gotten to elementary school when CLINTON was elected.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #55
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Looking at new sailor ID cards nearly everday...I came across one that was born in...gulp...1988.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #56
Ben E Lou

MEET THE 2006 GEORGIA SIGNEES

Cornerback
ASHER ALLEN

Tucker HS (Tucker) • Ht., Wt.: 5-10, 180
• The dish: May be the only Dog with braces on his teeth instead of his knees. Allen enrolled early and excelled quickly, taking a turn at returning the ball in practice and receiving high praise from Mark Richt. "Hopefully I keep on doing that over and over again," Allen said. Tucker has been a good feeder program for Georgia (see: Thomas Brown, Patrick Pass).

Old 02-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #57
Ben E Lou

Donnie Hardy LB 6-1 200 Stone Mountain, GA (Tucker)

Coach's Comments: All-county performer who possesses remarkable speed ... has tremendous upside because of his athleticism ... comes from a strong prep program. Notes: Team captain as a senior for a traditionally strong Tucker High School program ... helped the Tigers to the program's 400th win and a No. 3 state ranking as a senior ... Tucker captured four regional titles during his career ... an honorable mention all-county pick .... coached by Bill Ballard ... also a three-year letterwinner in track and field, running the 4X100 and 4X400-meter relays. Other Schools Considered: Purdue, Vanderbilt, Akron.