Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2003, 08:02 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Is Sean "P" Combs reading this forum right now?

Here is an excerpt from a Hollywood gossip column:

"Hold on to your wallets: The ever-entrepreneurial Sean "P-Diddy" Combs is ready to expand once again. In addition to being firmly planted in the world of Hip-Hop, Puff has also fancied himself a fashion designer, restaurateur and now video game guru. According to the New York Post, P Diddy's planning to create a video game based on - who else - himself that allow players to "create an entertainment conglomerate" by signing musical acts, spending mega bucks on marketing campaigns and acquiring assets. No word yet if the game will include four counts of gun possession or Jennifer Lopez."

Simulation game? Where would he go to do research?

Sad thing is, if it ever did well, people would gush over it as soooo original when we have a lot of sims already.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 08:46 PM   #2
Pyser
Pro Rookie

well, puffy did invent text sims....
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 08:48 PM   #3
mckerney
Coordinator

I think I've already played several games with that same description.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 08:59 PM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

He's already proclaimed himself the "Black Sinatra." Why not the "Black Gindin?"
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:09 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
He's already proclaimed himself the "Black Sinatra." Why not the "Black Gindin?"

LOL!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:53 PM   #6
bbor
Pro Starter

Did'nt he invent the internet?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:03 PM   #7
Philliesfan980
Banned

Yeah, I think that there is a "Sim" based on pop-management. I think its called "Rockstar" but I'm not positive, maybe someone can confirm this.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:22 PM   #8
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Philliesfan980
Yeah, I think that there is a "Sim" based on pop-management. I think its called "Rockstar" but I'm not positive, maybe someone can confirm this.

Rockstar was an old DOS text-based game from Scottish developers Wizard Games, but it was geared toward being an actual 'star' rather than a manager. I believe there was a more recent game that was based on managing, with graphics and everything, but I can't remember what it was called......may have even had the same name. Chart Wars is also geared towards management, and text-based....it's also crap IMO.

I highly recommend the original Rockstar....I believe it's available at Home of the Underdogs.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:34 PM   #9
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
the sim you are talking about is rock manager. not much of a game there. it is mostly mp3 files and an equalizer.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:46 PM   #10
Axxon
Pro Starter

Well, the underdog store has a 6 dollar game called superstar that blows both of those games out of the water. It IS a 6 dollar game and crashes a bit but it has decent depth and is fun.

After a while the steps are pretty formulaic but the game is HUGE and what you must do to get off the streets ( you literally start out broke and on the streets ) is nowhere near what you must do to fill huge stadiums and hit the top of the charts so it doesn't get boring too quickly.

I'd recommend it and even the demo will amuse you for quite a long time. I meant to tell this board about the game earlier but I got away from thye net and forgot. Sorry.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:01 PM   #11
Axxon
Pro Starter

Dola,

I liked Rock Manager and rockstar too but this is a cut above but don't try to alt-tab out of it. The game hates that and it'll work sometimes but you're playing russian roulette. Also, save before you look at any character sheets.

I'll give one quick game example. I was looking to give up my solo career but I didn't really see anybody who I wanted to hook up with. Finally, at a gig, I see Alex Harte, who is a decent drummer. He's way out of my league. What the hell, I try to strike up a conversation.

Well. Alex is friendly enough but isn't keen on joining up with a hack like me. I invite him over to my pad to party anyway and he accepts. Well, after a couple of bottles of beer and a bottle of whiskey to take home with him, Alex is really warming up to me. We are developing a decent friendship. Again I ask him to form a band.

He says, "what the hell, you're my friend, lets do it." and my solo career is over and I have a band. Well, it's really Alex's band and thats who the fans come to see but I'm gaining my own groupies slowly but surely and I'm making enough to quit my day job driving a cab.

One night, I'm at the pub just listening to other acts and I see Dusty Chapell hanging out. Dusty is a hack reporter who's looking to make a name for herself but so far no one is paying her any attention.

I think, what the hell, she's cute so I introduce myself. We hit it off and soon she's back at my place. I charm her with my wits and my booze and a well placed gift here and there and before you know it we hit the sack. She's pretty good in bed and after it's all over I drop a hint that it'd be cool if she wrote something nice about me. She says she will and she splits.

It seems funny, two no names desparate to get to the top, hooking up using each other then going their separate ways. Surely I used Dusty's pen to get some pub which will make my band grow in popularity and I see a personal surge of new fans as well. Dusty uses me because one day she's going to be saying to somebody, "yeah, I fucked Axxon" and" it's going to impress them. Could even land her a better job if I throw her a bone and give her an interview.

I saw her last night at the pub but I didn't bother to talk to her. I had other people to schmooze with and I had to prepare for my set. I did give her a big smile though. The kid deserved it.

Anyway, I'm off to the cemetary to meditate a bit and maybe write a new song or two. WIldfire is now a foursome and we are preparing to cut our second album. I'm gonna need some new material. See yah.

All of this really happened in the game but since I don't have it in front of me, the exact particulars like names etc are fudged but meeting folks like actors directors producers musicians reporters etc are a major part of the game and really is done pretty well.

Last edited by Axxon : 04-22-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:19 PM   #12
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyser
well, puffy did invent text sims....

Come on. Everybody knows Al Gore invented text sims!
Old 04-22-2003, 11:59 PM   #13
Philliesfan980
Banned

Axxon;

Sounds like a good game! Keep us posted!
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote