Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Talking American Inventor

My wife TiVod the Simon Cowell's American Inventor, and we took the time to watch it last night. I've seen a lot of bad reality shows over the years, but this had to be the worst one yet. The feeling that I got while watching it was that Simon and his pals took everything that they thought was interesting about Idol and decided that they could make it work with any subject. Perhaps to prove their genius, they chose a very challenging subject matter, inventors.

They've failed. I'll admit I've watched idol one or twice, and have been amused by the antics of the bad singers. Watching people fail with their crap inventions is not funny. It's called a bad business decision, and it happens every day. It's not even really sad. It's boring. On top of this, they try to jerk the heart strings with some boze who decides to cast the pearls before the swine and spends $100k on a portable exercise gym. The female judge cries, and I stare blankly at the screeen. Should I feel sorry for this guy? Why? Because he has a dream? Nope, there is no connection, but Simon tries to fit it in.

Of course, I'm often wrong about this sort of thing. America will probably love it.

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
chinaski
College Prospect

oh dude, what about the woman who puts her kids into the "timeout tube"... gahahah omg ... Police!!!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
Lorena
Unregistered

Antmeister and I recorded it, so I'll come back and post my thoughts.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote