Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
WVUFAN
College Starter

The Civ 4 Pitboss Interactive Dynasty

From the ongoing Civilization 4 Pitboss game involving 11 other players.

The Japanese Civilization
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Yotogi. I have been asked to observe and record, but not interfere. This is the story of the Japanese People of of their leader.

A GATHERING OF TRIBES -- Starman (Part I)

It is 4000 BC. The five tribes of the Japanese people have gathered together in the small haven of Kyoto after years of fighting among each other. Under a flag of truce, the tribal leaders have entered a newly built palace to determine a leader, and Emperor for all of the Japanese people. The eldest and leader of the Kyoto town, Great Puma, judges and will make the final decision for who will lead them. The is a transcript of this meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Great Puma, an older but stately man, sits in the new throne, and is flanked to his side by a tall, powerful solder, his arms folded in front.}

[Great Puma] -- Tonight you all have agreed to come here before me in my town and plead your case. One of you here I will choose to lead our people as Emperor. If I judge you unworthy, my second, the fighter Hayabusa, will remove you from my sight.

The rules are such: When I call you, stand in front of me and state why you should be Emperor. After your speech, I and the others gathered here will ask you questions. I will then judge you. Prey you are not judged unworthy. The following men are present:

Starman, from the Northern tribes. (A slender man wearing a mask made from a material never seen before, stands}

King Slender, from the East. {A slightly overweight man, skin bronzed and tan, stands, smiles broadly and bows}

The Amazon, from the Southern Jungles. {A very short, yellow-skinned man, a bone piercing his nose, stands and quickly sits}

Giant Panther, from the Western Plains. {A tall muscle-bound man, balding with a bit of blonde hair still showing in the form of a skullet, stands and poses briefly}

and Kin Korn Karn, from the deserts near the Dread Mountains {A man with very Mongolian features, stands and sneers}

One of you will be Emperor of all the lands. If I deem you so.

Starman, step forward.

{Starman steps in front of the throne}

[Great Puma] -- You are the one that has been named Starman. Why should you be leader of all people?

[Starman] -- The Gods have said so. When they gave me the gift of this mask, it was a mandate from the sky that I should rule over all. This mask is the mark of the Gods!

[King Slender] -- The Gods gave this to you?

[Starman] -- Yes.

[King Slender] -- Good enough for me.

[Great Puma] -- From my understanding, you found this mask. How do you know the Gods intended it for you? Perhaps it was intended for someone else?

[Kin Korn Karn] -- KIN KORN KARN!!!

[King Slender] -- I don't want it. It's creepy.

[Giant Panther] -- Lemme tell you something, brother -- a mask doesn't make an Emperor -- these muscles do!

[Starman] -- But ...

[Great Puma] -- Do you have anything else to offer aside from the mask you found?

[Starman] -- ...

[Great Puma] -- I thought so. You are unworthy. Hayabusa?

{Before Starman can react, the fighter Hayabusa quickly runs up to him, and flipping in the air, kicks him on the back of the head, killing Starman instantly}

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by WVUFAN : 06-28-2006 at 05:34 AM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #2
Franklinnoble
Banned

Clearly, Starman should have employed a pre-emptive Flying Cross Chop.

Fool.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:48 AM   #3
Franklinnoble
Banned

Here's some required reading for this thread:

http://seanbaby.com/nes/prowrest.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Wrestling_(video_game)
Old 06-24-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
WVUFAN
College Starter

With a single action, one of the five tribal leaders had died. The other four now understood the consequences of not being worthy in the eyes of Great Puma. The fighter Hayabusa removed Starman's mask and handed it to his master. Puma announced the next candidate. My transcription continues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Giant Puma] -- The Amazon. Step forward.

{The yellow-skinned man lumbers forward and stands in front of him}

[Giant Puma] -- Now you may state your case. Why should you be the new Emperor?

{The Amazon remains silent}

[Giant Puma] -- Speak, else you be judged unworthy.

{The Amazon shrugs his shoulders, and points to his open mouth}

[King Slender] -- OH, I've heard of him. I heard he was drinking from the river in his homeland, when a demon fish with teeth jumped from the river and ate his tongue.

[Kin Korn Karn]{sounding shocked} -- Kin Korn KARN!

[King Slender] -- No kidding. You won't catch me in any land with killer fish.

[Giant Panther] -- Lemme tell you something, Brother ... it's too bad he didn't have these massive arms that I have -- they're the size of PYTHONS!

[Great Puma] -- I see. You may well be worthy of ruling these lands, Amazon ... but since you can't speak and there is no other way of communicating with you, we'll never know.

YOU ARE UNWORTHY.

{The fighter Hayabusa was lightning fast, as The Amazon sees Hayabusa, but doesn't react fast enough. Hayabusa delivers the deady kick to the back of the head before The Amazon could defend himself. The Amazon was dead before he hit the ground.}

Last edited by WVUFAN : 06-24-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #5
Franklinnoble
Banned

What? No outlaw choke?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:19 AM   #6
WVUFAN
College Starter

An Emperor is crowned!

Now two of the five tribal leaders were dead. The remaining three understood the wisdom of Great Puma and understood the strength of his second, the fighter Hayabusa. Hayabusa removes the large ceremonia bone The Amazon possessed, but hesitated when the Great Puma stood and reached for his prize. The following is taken from the personal journal of Hayabusa, written many years later:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I knew the importance of the order in which Great Puma had called the leaders before him. I knew that Starman and Amazon HAD to be the first two called, as those were the only two that were leaders not because of who they were, but what they possessed. As long as the Mask of Starman and the Sacret Relic of the Amazon were in my possession, I could control the people of those tribes. The men were of no consequences to me.

However, the other three were, as each possessed a strength of character that allowed them power of their people. I needed that to control all of Japan.

What I did not need, though, was Great Puma.

There's a misunderstanding of my killing move. Many believe it to be the only thing I am capable of, and the official records state that I killed Starman and Amazon with my kick. Not true. I slit both men's throats after I kicked them to ensure their deaths. I'm sure both men watched me stare down at them as their life drained on the floor of the palace. This was intentional -- it needed to be at the foot of the throne as a reminder to anyone who threated my reign. It remained to remind the other three leaders for many years to come who was the Emperor.

I slew Great Puma where he stood. I did not stab him in the back as some of my enemies have said. As a warrior to another warrior, he deserved no less than to die by my hand in the room he helped create. HIS blood is on the throne, reminding me where I am and what might happen if my guard came down even for a moment. I stabbed him in his stomach, then stood over him and removed his head. I considered his death a sacrafice for his people and I could not bear to watch him slowly die. He deserved a quick death -- a warrior's death, and I was proud to be his second and grant him that honor.

As Great Puma bled, I turned to each of the three leaders, and stated the Virtues of Leadership to them:

"To each great leader there is to be three Virtues. Most Leaders have one of these virtues, and to possess even one will make a man great. To possess all three will make your name immortal throughout history. Those virtues are Strength, Courage and Intelligence.

Giant Panther, you possess a power, a Strength greater than any in the whole land. This power allows you complete control over your people, and that strength allows you to amass a great army at nearly a moment's notice. You've not the Courage to voyage beyond what you see, so the army will stagnate, and you've not the Intelligence to think beyond what you believe, so the army will never be greater than what it now is.

King Slender, your mind is a powerful instrument, and you wield it like no other. This Intelligence allows you control over your people, but you've not the Strength to conquer, and you've not the Courage to move into the unknown.

Kin Korn Karn, you and your people live in the most desolate and remote part of all the land, and you do so willingly. You and your scout tribe have a soul that yearns to find a path through Mountains of Dread, when most would never consider even trying. However, you lack the Intelligence to find the path, and lack the Strength to create one.

All of you possess one of those traits, and possess it in great measure. I possess all three, and I understand it is not to the level you three do. I propose that we bind together into one. Giant Panther, you will control my military. You will conquer, and tame wild beasts. You will bring honor to our lands. You will be the Fist of the People.

King Slender, you will be my council, and I will charter you to find the brightest minds in the land into one place. There you will build boats that will let us see what is on the other side of the Great Sea -- there you will build better weapons and new ideas that will improve us. You will be the Mind of our People.

Kin Korn Karn, you and your scouts will be our pioneers -- you will voyage past the Mountains of Dread and see what lies beyond. You will be the Eyes of our people.

I will be the Emperor, the Soul of the People. Together, we will lead the Japanese people to greatness."

And so a secret Triad was formed. While I would be the voice, decisions would be made by all three of us. At least that is what I said to them. The truth as I saw it would be different. At first, though, there were needed.

As time moved on, there would be changes to this relationship. All, at least initially, according to my plan.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 06-27-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:53 AM   #7
WVUFAN
College Starter

Fast Forward ...

Note: I'm fast forwarding this to where the game is right now, because for the most part, it only starts to get interesting right about now. The game started in 4000 BC -- it's now 2950 BC. The first part of the posts now I'll explain what the Japanese Nation is doing now -- the latter part I'll give you current stats on the game, who's in the lead and important things that have happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From the Journal of Emperor Hayabusa:

Shortly after I assumed power and united the tribes, I founded the first official city, calling it Nintendo after his favorite pet. Giant Panther amassed two armies -- one that Kin Karn Korn will lead west to find a path through the Mountains of Dread, and one to defend the city of Nintendo.

However, shortly after Kin Korn Karn reached the mountains, he encountered a new race of people who named themselves "The Aztecs". They were led by a man called "Celeval". We exchange ... pleasantries, but do not war against one another, at least for now. I believe this race to be nothing more than barbarians, but I will not fight them until I understand their ability. Kin Korn Karn has voyaged past the Mountains and we will soon see what lies beyond. We do now know the single pass through the Mountains, and I am sending Giant Panther and one of his armies to protect that pass from any more trespassing.

King Slender and his people have developed the ability to fish for the plentiful clams that lies in the sea Nintendo borders on. Because of this, our people now enjoy a excess of food never before seen in our lands. Our city grows much faster than anticipated, and no one goes hungry. King Slender tells me he is near another great discovery, and I am looking forward to see what he brings me.

Some people have begun a whisper of a new God -- something named "Hindu". This frightens me. It has not taken to our people as of yet, but I need to take steps to ensure I control what .. and WHO my people worship.

A runner tells me Kin Korn Karn has discovered a SECOND mountain range past the Mountains of Dread, but these are easily passable. Perhaps the lands of the Aztecs lie beyond this. I am curious to see if they possess anything that might be of use to my people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2950 BC

Japan has 1 city: Nintendo (Population 3) --
Nintendo is the #2 Ranked City Currently in the world

12 Food per turn
1 Production per turn
13 Research per turn

+1 Happiness due to Clams being currently farmed by fishing boats

Japanese Rankings (out of 11 Civilizations active):

Food Production -- 1st
Manufacturing Production -- 10th
Military -- 2nd
Land Area -- 8th
Population -- 1st

Civilizations Current Scores:

Celeval: 82 pts
JeeberD: 75 pts
RuntheBall: 72 pts
GStelmack: 72 pts
WVUFan: 71 pts
Vince: 71 pts
Samdari: 69 pts
Sharon: 68 pts
TeamAlston: 67 pts
Saldana: 65 pts
FranklinNoble 57 pts

Runtheball discovered Buddhism in 3550 BC
GStelmack discovered Hinduism in 2980 BC

Old 06-30-2006, 05:40 AM   #8
WVUFAN
College Starter

2920 BC Stats

TOP CIVILIZATIONS:

1. Celeval -- 82 Points
2. Runtheball -- 79 Points (was 3rd last turn)
3. JeeberD -- 75 Points (was 2nd last turn)
4. GStelmack -- 72 Points
5. WVUFan -- 71 Points
6. Vince -- 71 Points
7. Team Aiston -- 70 Points (was 9th last turn)
8. Samdari -- 69 Points (was 7th last turn)
9. Sharon -- 65 Points (was 8th last turn)
10. Saldana -- 65 Points
11. FranklinNoble -- 57 Points

THE GERMAN CIVILIZATION has been eliminated.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #9
Franklinnoble
Banned

I'm hoping to lull you all into a false sense of security.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:44 AM   #10
WVUFAN
College Starter

Update -- 2830 BC

The Japanese Empire has grown by a hundred thousand people -- Nintendo now has a population of over 400,000. It is now the #2 Ranked City in the world.

CURRENT CIVILIZATION RANKINGS:

1. Celeval -- 82 points
2. Runtheball -- 79 Points
3. Samdari -- 76 Points (was 8th last week -- Big Jump of the Turn)
4. JeeberD -- 75 Points
5. WVUFan -- 74 Points
6. GStelmack -- 72 Points (fell 2 Positions -- Big Loser of the Turn)
7. Vince -- 71 Points
8. Team Aiston -- 70 Points
9. Sharon -- 68 Points
10. Saldana -- 65 Points
11. FranklinNoble -- 64 Points (gain 7 points, but is still dead last)

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-06-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #11
Franklinnoble
Banned

How does ANYBODY have a million people at this point? I think that's statistically impossible...
Old 07-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #12
Runtheball
High School JV

Well, he is running the game.

(I think he means his population increased by one point).
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver
Runtheball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #13
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
How does ANYBODY have a million people at this point? I think that's statistically impossible...

When it says "Population: 2" in your city, it's 2 million. The city of Nintendo has a pop of 4.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #14
Runtheball
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
When it says "Population: 2" in your city, it's 2 million. The city of Nintendo has a pop of 4.

I don't see this explained in the manual, but it doesn't sound right. That would mean that your initial settler group is one million strong. Also, after about a thousand years or so I usually get a message saying that "The glorious XXX civilization now numbers over a half-million"...or something like that. So I don't think a population of 1=1 million.
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver

Last edited by Runtheball : 07-06-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #15
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runtheball
I don't see this explained in the manual, but it doesn't sound right. That would mean that your initial settler group is one million strong. Also, after about a thousand years or so I usually get a message saying that "The glorious XXX civilization now numbers over a half-million"...or something like that. So I don't think a population of 1=1 million.

Grr. So I can't find it in the manual -- what does the number represent, then?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #16
Runtheball
High School JV

Guess it represents a "population point" whatever that is.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 07-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #17
Franklinnoble
Banned

Odd... I can't find the answer in the civilopedia...
Old 07-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #18
Runtheball
High School JV

So the Simian race is not alone on this planet?

Commander Proteus wanted to be alone awhile longer, to contemplate the news that his pickets had relayed to him. But his forces were now assembled in the swale behind him, as he had commanded, and he could not show hesitation in front of them. Still, the significance of this new discovery was overwhelming, and he needed more time to collect his thoughts. What did it mean? To his clan? To his civilization? Did this pose a viable military threat? Either way, this was certainly an unexpected development, and it was beyond his capacity as a military commander to fathom its significance. In this vacuum of knowledge, he longed very much for the guidance of the Lawgiver, and the Minister of Science. But he was very far removed from their council, and would have to deal with this situation on his own.

"Commander?" his aide was standing patiently behind him.

"Very well." Proteus responded, and turned to descend the slope to address his troops.

They squatted in the low grass at the bottom of the swale. Some were bandaged from their previous engagement with wolves, others munched on rations (bananas mainly) that they had collected during the past weeks. They were primarily gorillas, with a few chimpanzees scattered amongst them, with one orangutan tending the injured. They all looked up at the imposing silverback commander as he began to speak.

Although he tried to keep his voice strong and confident, his distress was immediately apparent in his loss for words and inarticulate diction. "Our pickets...uh...that is Milo...has located a... uhhh...." Proteus paused and squatted down in the grass, dropping into the knuckle-walking position, then catching himself and standing back upright. He glanced to his left, towards the ridgetop, then back towards his increasingly nervous troops. The medic, Doctor Taanu, had worked his way to the back of the group of assembled warriors and gestured to Proteus, pointing towards the group of oak trees farther behind him. Proteus nodded, and Taanu ran off towards the trees.

"All right. There is no way I can keep this a secret from you, nor should I endeavor to do so." Proteus had regained a bit of confidence, although he suspected he would be vilified for his actions on returning to Ape Central.

"Our pickets have discovered a group of...'beasts', some distance from our position...to the northwest." He pointed to his left, over the ridge just above them. "They are acting in a most peculiar manner for wild beasts, as they are reported to be travelling in a loose formation, and they are apparently carrying weapons of a nature similar to our own!" The gasps and looks of disbelief among his troops gave Proteus more confidence, and he continued, "These beasts even appear to be walking on two legs, so it is obvious that they have some knowledge of Simian civilization, and are attempting to imitate us."

The cries of disbelief were now rampant among the troops. A few leapt into the air or turned summersaults in excitement and eagerness for battle, while fear was apparent on the faces of others.

"Now calm down! Calm down now." His voice was not having the desired effect, and the excitement was growing. "There will be no engagement; at least not yet. It is more important, for the moment, that we observe these creatures and learn all we can about them. This information will prove of the utmost importance to The Lawgiver, and we must return...." He broke off, as several of the gorillas began ascending the slope towards to the ridge to get a look for themselves at these mysterious creatures that could stand upright and imitate apes!

"Sargent! Stop them. Bring them back down here!" He looked for Taanu, and saw him hurrying back from the oak grove with Milo. They were carrying an awkward bundle between them.

"Calm yourselves! Settle down! Our ape Milo has provided us with a first-hand look at one of these creatures, and you can see it right now." And he pointed towards Taanu and Milo and motioned for them to remove the bag that covered the head of their thoroughly-bound captive. The sight of the pale, thin-looking creature was initially met with utter silence from the gathering of apes. His body looked weak; his teeth were small and looked like they couldn't bite anything tougher than a raw fish; and his skin was almost entirely without hair, although he did have a ridiculous abundance of hair on his head. Overall, he appeared far from threatening, and actually looked quite comical. A few snickers broke the silence, followed by outright raucous laughter and screaming. The warriors began tumbling and leaping in delight at the sight of this pathetic creature that presumed to imitate an ape by its actions and weaponry.

Whatever this beast was, Proteus thought, at least it would make the long journey home infinitely more entertaining.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 07-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #19
Franklinnoble
Banned

You damned dirty apes!
Old 07-08-2006, 02:50 AM   #20
WVUFAN
College Starter

Update -- 2800 BC

This turn showed some changes to the rankings. Celeval and the Aztecs remains at the top of the rankings, where he has been for the most of the game, but Team Aiston's French moved from 8th to 4th, up 4 spots.

The Loser of the Turn was the Persians, led by Sharon, dropping from 8th to 10th.

1. Celeval -- 82 Points
2. Runtheball -- 79 Points
3. Samdari -- 76 Points
4. Team Aiston -- 76 Points
5. JeeberD -- 75 Points
6. WVUFan -- 74 Points
7. GStelmack -- 72 Points
8. Vince -- 71 Points
9. Saldana -- 68 Points
10. Sharon -- 68 Points
11. FranklinNoble -- 64 Points

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-08-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:57 AM   #21
WVUFAN
College Starter

2770 BC Update

Japanese Empire:

King Slender has developed soldiers capable of launching sharp sticks into the air, striking down our foes from a great distance. Surely this will make the defense of our great city that much easier.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Japanese Empire, led by WVUFan, moved up 5 spots and gained 6 points in a turn. Unfortunately, Celeval and the Aztecs gained 7 points in the same turn to remain in first place. Also gaining points were JeeberD's Russians (3 points), Sharon and the Persians (6 points).

The Loser of the Turn was Samdari and his Chinese, losing 2 spots from 3rd to 5th.

1. Celeval -- 89 Points
2. WVUFan -- 80 Points
3. Runtheball -- 79 Points
4. JeeberD -- 78 Points
5. Samdari -- 76 Points
6. Team Aiston -- 76 Points
7. Sharon -- 74 Points
8. GStelmack -- 72 Points
9. Saldana -- 68 Points
10. FranklinNoble -- 64 Points

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-08-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #22
JeeberD
General Manager

Russians? RUSSIANS? How dare you insult me like that, Hayabusa?!? We are the Republic of Jeeberdonia and my people are Jeeberdonians! Another insult like that and there will be consequences!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #23
Runtheball
High School JV

“Lawgiver! Commander Proteus has returned! Come quickly!”
The Lawgiver looked up to address the rude interruption from this messenger who had just burst into his chambers, but all that could be seen of the messenger was his back as he rushed towards the town square. The Lawgiver muttered his disapproval as he started towards the doorway, and through the open portal he could see a large crowd gathering near the stately oak that graced the center of Ape Central. The sounds coming from the rapidly expanding crowd of apes indicated an unusual mixture of astonishment, fear, and amusement. What could Proteus have brought to excite this reaction from the masses?

The Minister of Science joined him as he approached the edge of the crowd. The two orangutans had to push their way through the closely huddled throng; odd, as such a crowd would normally part of its own accord at the approach of these two most respected of apes. As they emerged into the center of the congregation, the sight they beheld was a shock for which they could not have been prepared. There, in the center of the city, stood the magnificent oak; and tied to the oak was a scrawny, pale creature, the likes of which no ape had ever seen. It’s body was vaguely reminiscent of a chimpanzee, except it lacked a chimpanzee’s strength, hair, and magnificent character. It was as if someone had taken a pathetic, starving chimpanzee, and shaved-away all it’s hair, then somehow re-attached all that shaven hair onto its face and head. But one thing betrayed the comical appearance of this wretched creature - it stood erect, and held a weapon in its hand. This was significant.

The Minister of Science was the first to act. He urged the children that were gathered around the creature, laughing and taunting it, mocking it and poking at it with sticks, to fall back out of its reach. He barked an order to Commander Proteus (who had been standing just out of reach of his captive’s club, smiling with pride as if the creature was his own creation) to disarm the creature and unchain it. The Minister then ordered the gorillas within the crowd to disperse everyone and help to bring the creature to his laboratory. Within minutes, the creature was safely encaged within the science lab, and only Proteus, the Minister of Science, and the Lawgiver were present to gaze on this beast, and ponder the meaning of it’s existence. Medical experiments would need to be performed, of course. And the warriors would need to be assembled, and enlightened about the description, location, and capabilities of this new potential threat. But for the moment, the three of them could only stand and stare at the caged animal. For it’s part, the animal stood and stared back, apparently pondering the same questions as the great apes.

The thirteenth of the Sacred Scrolls: “And Proteus brought the upright beast into the garden and tied it to a tree, and the children did make sport of it.”
-- The Lawgiver
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 AM   #24
WVUFAN
College Starter

oops

Tonight, I receive word from the warriors exploring the lands past the Mountains of Dread.
There was an ... incident with a group of Aztecs also roaming the same land. The confrontation
ended poorly for the Aztecs.

Effective immediately the Japanese Empire declares war on Celeval and the people of
the Aztecs.
May the gods have mercy on their souls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT CIVILIZATION RANKINGS -- 2620 BC

1. Celeval -- 96 points
2. Runtheball -- 85 points
3. Jeeberd -- 84 points
4. WVUFan -- 80 points
5. GStelmack -- 79 points
6. Vince -- 78 points
7. Samdari -- 76 points
8. Team Aiston -- 76 points
9. Saldana -- 74 points
10. FranklinNoble -- 64 points

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-13-2006 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:10 AM   #25
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Tonight, I receive word from the warriors exploring the lands past the Mountains of Dread. There was an ... incident with a group of Aztecs also roaming the same land. The confrontation ended poorly for the Aztecs.

Effective immediately the Japanese Empire declare war on Celeval and the people of the Aztecs. May the gods have mercy on their souls.

Were you provoked? Or is this your own little "anschluss"?

Little early for this... but, hey... the Republic of California wishes to remain neutral at this time... since we have no idea where your backward little country is, anyway.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #26
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT CIVILIZATION RANKINGS -- 2620 BC

1. Celeval -- 96 points
2. Runtheball -- 85 points
3. Jeeberd -- 84 points
4. WVUFan -- 80 points
5. GStelmack -- 79 points
6. Vince -- 78 points
7. Samdari -- 76 points
8. Team Aiston -- 76 points
9. Saldana -- 74 points
10. FranklinNoble -- 64 points

Uhh... I think you're missing someone...
Old 07-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #27
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:

Little early for this... but, hey... the Republic of California wishes to remain neutral at this time... since we have no idea where your backward little country is, anyway.

The victims of this senseless, unprovoked attack were a two peaceful members of the Aztec people; a husband and wife who were content to roam the land, occasionally sending their maps and experiences back and forth to our capital in the form of entertaining songs and stories. The only weapons they carried were to defend themselves from the beasts roaming the land - they did not realize the members of Nintendo Nation were among these beasts as well. The pair were discovered slain by their son, returning from a trip back to the Aztec lands with their latest stories.

It is thought this attack may have occured since they were the pair to first discover the passage through the impassable mountains to the lands of Hayabushi. Unfortunately, word has already been returned to the central lands, and a party has been readied for that journey north. These shall be much better armed, and prepared to deal with such an enemy.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #28
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:

Our warriors were exploring the lands beyond the Mountains of Dread, when they came upon a small group of red-skinned Aztecs upon a hill. They were armed. Our warriors approached them in friendship, and hailed them. They acted as if they did not understand what we were saying. After a moment, they responded with a vile barbaric language. Our warriors did not understand what they said, but it was obvious what they said was inflammatory and insulting. Then one of the Aztecs lifted his hand toward one of the warriors ... and smiled, belying something sinister.

To protect our warriors and people from what obviously was to be an attack, our warriors, as is our right, attacked first. The Aztecs could not hope to combat a superior force such as us.

We are willing to accept the apologies for the Aztec people if they wish to save face and avoid being destroyed by the Japanese Empire.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-13-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #29
Franklinnoble
Banned

Since Joe Gibbs went to San Diego State, does that make him a red-skinned Aztec?

Old 07-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #30
Franklinnoble
Banned

Hey... the last two times Sharon's logged into the game, she's had to re-set her password. That hasn't happened to me.

Also, it appears her score has dipped for no apparent reason...
Old 07-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #31
WVUFAN
College Starter

The reason was that, for some wierd reason, her civ is being set to AI at the end of the turn. I'll check and see if we can't find out why when I get home.

The score dip ... did she take her turn the exact same way as she did before the outage?

EDIT: Reminder: you and her both need to redo your turns again due to the power outage. When she logs back on, she'll need to reset her password again, but that's the last time it should occur. When she retakes her turn again in the same way, the score should raise back up.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-13-2006 at 08:46 PM.