Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EHM: A Rivalry Is Born .. A Week Apart

On February 21st, 1989, Tom and Kim Shaffer welcomed their first son Jordan into the world. Only a week late on February 28th at the same Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan would Glen and Patrice Carter welcome their first son Troy into the world.

Born a week apart is never much of a big deal. Granted there were other somewhat ironic circumstances. Both were from West Bloomfield, living only several blocks away from one another. Yet neither child would ever see the other around. They attended different schools and had different friends. In wasn't until both took up hockey that their impending rivalry was born.

It started when both children tried out for the HoneyBaked AAA Pee-Wee team. Both players were goalies, and both were far and away superior to their competition. The coach did what made the most sense; took both kids and platooned them to a National Championship. The two kids, only 13 years old began a rivalry that was egged on by their parents. Both wanted to play in the Title game, but it was Troy's turn to play, and he turned in a sterling performance winning HoneyBaked the National title.

Tom and Kim were fed up with the situation and took their son to Compuware, which would be a Godsend for both families. Both Troy and Jordan were that much better then everyone else, and both were entrenched as their teams #1 goalies. The rivalry heated up through Bantam and lead them to Midgets where they became the two most highly touted American goalies, perhaps ever.

With the 2005-06 season looming, the rivalry between the two now 16 year olds turned violent. In a pre-season US Under 20 camp the two goalies got into a fight that turned bloody with neither kid getting much of an advantage. US National Development Director Danny Wilson said it wasn't a shock. "These kids tie at everything. They really don't like one another. When they see one another they battle with everything they have just to say they were better on that day. And what's funny is most of the time, they tie."

With the fight fresh in both kids minds, it was Jordan who decided he was going to fire the next salvo when he announced he had committed to Michigan State for the 2008 season. He'd dreamed of being a Spartan his entire life, so the committment was no surprise. Troy made the next logical step. He committed to the University of Michigan for the 2008 season. What better place to continue the rivalry when in most heated rivalry in the CCHA, and perhaps all of the NCAA?

With still two years to go until either kid is drafted or sets foot on college ice, we begin to document their journey through Midget Major as they continue their bad blood and games of one upsmanship.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

G JORDAN SHAFFER
6'0", 165
West Bloomfield, MI
Compuware AAA Midget Major
Committed to Michigan State (2008)
Old 07-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

G TROY CARTER
6'3", 161
West Bloomfield, MI
HoneyBaked AAA Midget Major
Committed to Michigan (2008)

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-23-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Note: From my last failed Interactive Dynasty, I still have all those created guys in the game somewhere. So if you signed up at the end of every year I'll give you details on your players.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Hockeysfuture.com Interview With Jordan Shaffer

HF: Glad you could make some time for us today.

JS: Not a problem.

HF: So you just committed to Michigan State. While an impressive accomplishment, why are you making this choice so early in the process?

JF: I've wanted to be a Spartan since I can remember. I figure, why delay the inevitable? I wanted to make sure they knew the best goalie in America was primed to play in East Lansing, and plus, it's good to get it out of the way now rather then wait and take a bunch of questions about it.

HF: Very understandable. Now, with that down the line as it is, what are your feelings on Compuwares chances to win a National Title this year? Michigan is looking like it's a two team race to get there between you and HoneyBaked. Beyond that it seems whoever wins will likely do battle with Shattucks for the title.

JS: Let's be honest. It's Compuware and then everyone else. I don't care how it makes me sound. You gotta' be confident to play goal at the level I do, and I'm as confident as they come. HoneyBaked is a solid squad, but between the pipes it's me, and then ... the other guy. Who would you put your money on?

HF: I assume the "other guy" you speak of is Tro...

JS: Yes. That guy. Who would you pick?

HF: Well Jordan, it's hard to say. You're both incredible, and you're both considered the best to play amature hockey in the US since .. well, you two could be the best ever. Scouts I talk to say flip a coin, it's that close.

JS: Then I say those scouts better take notice this year. I'm going to blow this contest wide open and prove without a doubt I'm the future of United States Hockey, and the future of the NHL.

HF: Impressive views. You're one of a kind, that's for sure.

JS: Thanks.

HF: Before we let you go .. One last question. Troy Carter plans to play in Ann Arbor in 2008. Does that bother you?

JS: Nope. It just garauntees me a few more victories if that's the best they got. Anyway, I gotta' get to practice. It's been real.

HF: Thanks for your time, Jordan.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
Travis
Pro Rookie

Looking forward to this. Good concept and the writeups should be fun.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Compuware vs HoneyBaked
October 2nd, 2005
HoneyBaked Arena
Oak Park, MI

The first battle between the two top teams in the state was worth the hype. The stands were filled with scouts and other personnel still hoping that maybe those college commitments weren't set in stone. With several other players on the ice garnering college attention such as A.J. Jenks (Honeybaked) and Trevor Nill (Compuware) there was an extra electricity in the air.

The game featuring the top two goalies in the country was as expected, a duel. The offense got their chances. A.J. Jenks was turned away on two breakaways by Shaffer, while Nill was denied on a point blank one timer by Carter. With the score tied at 0 going into the third, the intensity picked up and the game turned into a war.

After several fights instigated by Compuware, Honeybaked went on a 5-3 on PP where A.J. Jenks finally managed to crack through with two PP goals to send Honeybaked fans home happy with a 2-0 win.

Jordan Shaffer turned away 33 of 35 stops but it wasn't enough. On the other end Troy Carter shoveled away all 27 shots he faced gaining the first victory of the season between the two.

Scouts walked away impressed still with both young men. One of those scouts who walked away incredibly impreessed was US National Program Head Danny Wilson. Whether or not it meant anything for the immediate future was left up in the air, but he was definetly impressed.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Hockeysfuture.com Interview With Troy Carter

HF: Troy, congrats on that first big win of the year.

TC: Hey guys, thanks a lot, it's appreciated.

HF: How's it feel to get that first win after the well publicized comments Jordan Shaffer made about you?

TC: Aw man, it was a team win. I may've stopped all the shots I faced but I can't score any goals. As far as Jordan goes, well, we're all entitled to our opinions. He has his, I have mine. I just don't share mine as openly as he does.

HF: Excellent answer. You definetly come off as advertised. Very strong between the ears as one scout put it.

TC: Heh, again, I appreciate it.

HF: So did Jordan's announcement regarding his playing for MSU have anything to do with the timing of your announcement?

TC: Nah' man. I was planning on doing it a few weeks later, but once he did it, I figured I could do it too. It should add a lot of excitement to our little rivalry, and it can help get some exposure to our team so other guys are fortunate to get the same opportunity I have been afforded.

HF: We know you're busy, but any last comments?

TC: Yeah -- Thanks to everyone supporting my team and I, we can't wait to see what the season holds for us. It's been a blast so far though. You guys take care.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:01 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

USA UNDER 20 ROSTER ANNOUNCED

GOALIES

Jeff Frazee - Minnesota
Cory Schneider - Boston College
Troy Carter - Honeybaked AAA

DEFENSE

Joe Finley - North Dakota
Matt Lashoff - Kitchener
A.J. Thelen - Prince Albert
Tyson Dowzak - Kelowna
Scott Fletcher - Guelph
Erik Johnson - USNTDP
Brian Lee- Northa Dakota
Matt Niskanen - Minnseota - Duluth
Bob Sagunetti - Owen Sound

FORWARDS

Ryan Stoa - Minnesota
Nick Foglino - Sudbury
Phil Kessel - Minnesota
Adam MacDonald - Ohio State
Philip McRae - USNDTP
Peter Mueller - Kootenay
T.J Oshie - North Dakota
Rob Schremp - London
Sean O'Connor - Erie
Kyle Oskpoko - Des Moines
Bobby Ryan - Owen Sound
Steve Savor - Sarnia
Jack Skille - Wisconsin
Blake Wheeler - Minnesota
Old 07-23-2006, 08:04 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

US Under 20 Roster Press Release

The United States is pleased to unveil it's 26 man roster for the upcoming tournament in Canada. As you'll have noticed this team is filled with a mixture of veterans and rookies to International experience alike. Our reason for this is to get a foundation built for not just this tournament, but for future games as well. With such 15 and 16 year olds as Philip McRae and Troy Carter, we hope to build up a team that can compete for years to come. Both young men will hopefully gain a chance to play in the competition if the opportunity shall present itself.

We hope our team play shall speak for itself, and we plan to answer all doubters accordingly.

Sincerely,
Danny Wilson
Presdient of US Developmental Hockey Program
USA U-20 GM/Coach
Old 07-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GAME 1: USA 8 vs Norway 0

The USA dominated Norway, outshooting them 51 to 17. Peter Mueller was the star of the night with 4 goals. Linemate Kyle Oskpoko chimed in with 3 assists, and captain Bobby Ryan added his own goal and assist to cap off the lines solid play. Corey Schenider was solid in net stopping the 17 shots.

Head Coach/GM Danny Wilson announced that Scheinder will start vs Russia next game. He also said he hopes to get Frazee in net vs the Czech and Troy Carter in net vs the Swiss if the situation allows it.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GAME 2: USA 1 vs Russia 2

A great up and down game. The USA couldn't get the puck past the Russian netminder even though the shots were 34-31 in their favor. With the Czech upcoming Wilson has decided Scheinder will play in net again, but he still plans on playing Carter vs the Swiss, an announcement that has stunned the hockey pundits covering the tournament.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GAME 3: USA 4 vs Czech Republic 2

With a minor switch in lines, Peter Mueller was moved up to the first line with Kessel and Ryan and chipped in with two helpers on Kessel goals to give the USA an early lead they never relinquished. With either 1st or 2nd locked up, Troy Carter will for sure get the start vs the Swiss. The pressure is on, but if any 16 can handle it, it's Carter.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GAME 4: USA 4 vs Switzerland 1

Troy Carter made his debut count with a 4-1 win over the Swiss. He turned aside 18 of 19 shots, and relied on contributions from 4th liners Philip McRae and Adam MacDonald (1 G, 1 A each). The USA finished second to Russia in the group play and will now take on Finland in the Prelim rounds. Troy Carter will be dressed as Corey Scheniders back up for the big game.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

QTRFINAL: USA 4 vs Finland 1

The USA went down early 1-0, but then the line of Foligno (2 A) , Schremp (2 G, 2 A) and Oskpoko (2 G, 1 A) got to work. Oskpoko netted thefirst two, and Schremp iced it with the final 2 sending the Fins home in disappointment. Now the USA will get a rematch with Russia in the semi finals.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:45 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

SEMIS: USA 2 vs Russia 3

Great players make great plays. It was none more evident then today when Evgeni Malkin scored a hat trick, including the final goal with 3 minutes left to give Russia a 3-2 win and advance them to the Gold Medal round vs Canada. Troy Carter will be given the nod in net vs a surprising Slovakian team for the Bronze Medal.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

BRONZE: USA 1 vs Slovakia 3

A change in heart allowed Schenider a start in the game but the Slovaks were too much. Karol Klokoc, the 16 year old phenom was awesome with 1 G, 1 A. He put up a great game and the USA was lackluster at best. GM/Coach Danny Wilson was disappointed with the finish of his team and said next time things will be different.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:52 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

G JORDAN SHAFFER
6'0", 165
West Bloomfield, MI
Compuware AAA Midget Major
Committed to Michigan State (2008)

ACCOLADES

None yet

2005-06 STATS

7 W - 8 L - 1 T - 1.75 GAA - .945 Save %

ANALYSIS: Compuware has been awful scoring goals, while Shaffer has been excellent keeping them out. One scout said this team should have three or four wins top with anyone else in net. He's playing his head off but the team isn't there to back him up.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-23-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

G TROY CARTER
6'3", 161
West Bloomfield, MI
HoneyBaked AAA Midget Major
Committed to Michigan (2008)

ACCOLADES

- Selected to 2005-06 USA U-20 Team

2005-06 STATS

20 W - 0 L - 5 T - 1.38 GAA - .954 Save %

ANALYSIS: Anyone wondering why Carter made the USA U-20 team can see why for themselves. He's been perfect. He's putting up #'s no one dared to dream. He's not facing as many shots as Shaffer, and he's getting more support offensivley, but there is no bigger game changer around right. With Carter in net it's becoming a fact that Honeybaked will win on that night. Right now it's obvious who will win the National Title.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:11 AM   #20
duff88
College Prospect

Impressive, I'm cheering for Troy!
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2006 NATIONALS REPORT

The 2006 U 18 Tier 1 National Tournament was held in Boston, MA over the week of March 7th. It was a tournament headlined by the undefeated Honeybaked AAA of Michigan and perrenial power Shattacks St. Marys of Minnesota.

The inital round robin round saw Honeybaked continue it's torrid pace with four wins that included two shut outs by standout netminder Troy Carter. A.J. Jenks, who recently committed to Michigan for 2008 (To play alongside Carter) was Mr. Offense netting 7 G, 4 A in the four contests.

On the flipside, Shattacks lost it's first game to Compuware AAA who qualified as a wildcard team. Jordan Shaffer had the game of the tournament with 54 stops in the 3-1 victory. Unfortunatley for Compuware the offense would falter as they'd lose the next three games by a combined score of 4-2. With a rough game out of the way Shattacks went on a tear and emerged out of their bracket. The semi's were but a blip. Each team (Honeybaked and SSM) steamrolled setting up the final everyone looked forward to.

The final was unfortunatley anticlimatic. Carter and Jenks were too much for Shattacks as HoneyBaked won the game 6-1. Jenks and Carter were named Co-MVP's as Jenks tallied 11 G, 7 A for 18 PT in 6 games, while Carter was 6-0 with a 1.35 GAA along with 2 shutouts.

The game capped off an undefeated season for HoneyBaked who finished 41-0-9.

More to come.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

With the impending 2006-07 looming the US National Developmental Camp held their annual weekend camp for the upcoming 2006 World Junior Championship. The big story going into camp is the turmoil that still exists from last year between the two stand out netminders Troy Carter and Jordan Shaffer.

Head Coach/GM Danny Wilson has already said Troy Carter is going to be one of his netminders for the tournament in Sweden. Whether Shaffer makes it is yet to be seen but he is definetly up for consideration. Much of it will be placed on how he performs in the camp, and how well he keeps his ego in check.

22 of the 26 players from last year were in camp which is a good sight for an American team that showed flashes of brilliance at times. Wilson said he hopes to add some more physicality and speed to the team so they can grind it out and always be on the attack.

More info from the camp as it leaks.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:40 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Startling News From Weekend Camp

Danny Wilson was shocked today he it was announced to the world that both Jordan Shaffer and Troy Carter would be leaving their respective teams to spend the year training in Ann Arbror with United States Developmental Team.

Wilson said he was torn on each young mans choice to give up steady playing time just for the shot to play for their country, but he respected their choices and would welcome them with open arms.

Both Carter and Shaffer were equally impressive in the weekend camp garnering praise from such players as Philip McRae, Peter Mueller and Brian Lee, as well as coaches who were at the weekend camp that included Red Berenson, Troy Carters soon to be coach in Ann Arbor and even current Red Wing coach Mike Babcock.

With the USNDTP begining it's conditioning and subsequent on ice action, both Carter and Shaffer will have several months to prove they're the right man for the job in Sweden.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Hockeyfuture International Spotlight

G - Atruras Juknevicius [5'11", 163 lbs, 17 y.o]
Elektrani, Latvia
Sudbury Wolves, OHL
#7 NHL Pre Draft Rankings
#1 Goalie NHL Pre Draft Rankings

OVERVIEW

Arturas spent last year playing for Enerjia in the Latvian league where he garned National spotlight with a sparkling 38-3-3 record, which was morphed by a microscopic .89 GAA and an exceptional .960 Save %. He was so impressive that Sudbury picked him up with the 4th pick in the CHL Import Draft. Arturas was quick to sign with the Wolves and is now the teams #1 goalie as he hopes to lead them to the Memorial Cup.

TALENT ANALYSIS

Exceptional speed and agility. He makes the highlight reel saves as well as the routine ones. He is great under pressure and is oftened considered unflapable by scouts. His only knock presently is his relative lack of size but many scouts feel he still has room to grow into a solid size that will be offset by his excellent abilities. Currently he projects to be an elite level NHL goalie for many years to come.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:13 PM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

From The Unreal File

Karol Klokoc, a 17 year old currently playing for the Slovan Jr's, while being drafted #3 overall to Prince Albert in the CHL Import Draft is currently setting an uprecedented pace with 81 goals in 18 games, along with 19 assists. He has drown the praise of everyone, and with the upcoming WJC's, he is expected to once again shine on the National Stage.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2006-07 US WJC Roster Announced

GOALIES

Troy Carter - USNTDP
Jordan Shaffer - USNTDP

Jeff Frazee - Minnesota

DEFENSE

Taylor Chorney - North Dakota
Nick Petricki - Omaha
Steve Spade - Plymouth
Colby Cohen - USNTDP
Scott Fletcher - Guelph
Erik Johnson - Minnesota
Brian Lee - North Dakota
Bob Sagunetti - Owen Sound

FORWARDS

Justin Abdelkader - Michigan State
Drayson Bowman - Kamloops
Luke Lynes - Brampton
Andrew Rowe - Michigan State
Ryan Stoa - Minnesota
Bill Sweatt - Colorado
Libor Gazdik - Portland
Philip McRae - Missassuaga
Peter Mueller - Medicine Hat
James O'Brien - USNTDP
Jason Reese - Spokane
Ryan Schnell - USNTDP
Brian Letts - Lethbridge
Kyle Oksposo - Minnesota
Steve Savor - Sarnia
Old 07-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GAME 1: USA 0 vs Canada 3

The Canadiens, the overwhelming favorites, out skate the USA en route to the 3-0 victory. Troy Carter looked solid in net turning away 30 of 33 shots but the USA couldn't put anything on net with only 17 shots. Needing to see where the team is at, Wilson said he'll make changes for their next game which should be rough against Sweden in what is a home game for the Swedes.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:53 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GAME 2: USA 5 vs Sweden 1

Two big changes for the USA tonight. First was the obvious; Jordan Shaffer got his first start in international play tonight, and was solid turning away 19 of the 20 Swedish shots. The other big change was the style of play the Americans played. Abandoning the trap for a more physical game they abused the Swedes by dishing out plenty of hits and grinding them into submission. Wilson said following the game there won't be any changes going into the next game with the Swiss.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #29
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
From The Unreal File

Karol Klokoc, a 17 year old currently playing for the Slovan Jr's, while being drafted #3 overall to Prince Albert in the CHL Import Draft is currently setting an uprecedented pace with 81 goals in 18 games, along with 19 assists. He has drown the praise of everyone, and with the upcoming WJC's, he is expected to once again shine on the National Stage.

That's insane.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GAME 3: USA 4 vs Switzerland 1

The USA once again brought the pain with a high tempo, hard hitting attack. Jordan Shaffer was solid in net with 16 saves on 17 shots, while the USA peppered the Swiss with 39 shots, netting four goals. The US was physical and intimidating and the Swiss play suffered. With the Germans on tap tomorrow, Troy Carter will see his second game of the tournament in an attempt for a rested netminder.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #31
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GAME 4: USA 3 vs Germany 2

This game personified ugly. #5 prospect for the NHL Draft Mike Ritschel set the stage early by getting kicked out of the game for kneeing Justin Abdelkader and the tempers ignited. The teams traded PP goals leading to a 2-2 tie going into the third but then Philip McRae, the youngest memeber of team USA intercepted an errant German pass and scored on the breakaway for the GWG. Troy Carter turned away 20 of 22 shots but after the game it was announced Shaffer would start the quarterfinal game for the Americans.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #32
DeToxRox
Head Coach

QTRFINAL: USA 3 vs Finland 1

The USA coaxed Finland into a few retaliation penalities and thus capitilized with three PPG's. Jordan Shaffer almost had his first career shut out in international play but with 1:34 left, the Fins netted a PP goal to put themselves on the board. The USA now advance to the Semis in a rematch with Canada that everyone is sure to be watching.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #33
DeToxRox
Head Coach

SEMIFINAL: USA 3 vs Canada 4 [OT]

What a game. The US went up 2-1 on two Abdelkader SHG's but in the third the firepower of Canada took hold at Bryan Little and Jordan Staal put in goals to go up 3-2. Philip McRae, the USA's most consistent scorer tied it up to send it in OT, but in OT the CSB's #1 Prospect in the 2007 Draft Zach Hamil put the puck past Jordan Shaffer for the 4-3 win. Shaffer turned away 29 for the 33 shots he faced, but it wasn't enough. With the Bronze medal looming Coach/GM Danny Wilson has said Troy Carter will get the start in net.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #34
DeToxRox
Head Coach

BRONZE: USA 6 vs Slovakia 1

The USA was all over the Slovaks from the beginning. Six different players netted goals for the Americans. It was over after the second period with the USA up 4-0, but the USA kept piling it. The USA defense was equally awesome with Troy Carter only facing 14 shots, but making 13 saves. The win was a good way to leave Sweden with some hardware.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:33 PM   #35
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Jordan Shaffer Disgusted With USA Performance

On a message on his offical website, Jordan Shaffer had this to say about his experience in Sweden:

We were atrocious. Of all the lousy teams, Canada beats us twice and we're left with a Bronze medal? That's sick. I played my ass off and instead of getting a chance to play for the Bronze, they put the other guy in? Unreal. Regardless, I'll be back next season playing for the USA and we'll win gold; I promise you that.

For now my focus is getting enrolled in East Lansing at Michigan State for the winter semester so I can be practicing with the team and I can become the #1 goalie this fall.

Until next time,

J-Shaff
Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #36
DeToxRox
Head Coach

BREAKING NEWS: Carter, Shaffer eligible for 2007 Draft

In a shocking precedent passed today, the NHL has allowed Troy Carter and Jordan Shaffer, both 17 year olds as of February, to be eligible for the NHL Draft. This news has sent the draft into a frenzy of activity as before this only one goalie was predicted to go in the top 10, and now there's a potential for three. The draft, which takes place in New York, is expected to be the wildest one yet.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2007 NHL DRAFT

1. New York Islanders
C Joe Mazeika [Enerjia]
6'4, 205 lbs
Elektrani, Lithuania

2. Pheonix Coyotes
C Zach Hamil [Everett]
6'0", 174 lbs
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada

3. St. Louis Blues
C/LW Angelo Esposito [Quebec]
6'2", 178 lbs
Montreal, QC, Canada

4. Atlanta Thrashers
RD Michael Ritschel [Dusseldorf]
6'2", 194 lbs
Berlin, Germany

5. Detroit Red Wings
G Troy Carter [USNDTP]
6'3", 187 lbs
West Bloomfield, MI, USA

6. Edmonton Oilers
LW Iain McPherson [Timra]
6'1", 175 lbs
Glassgow, Scottland

7. Columbus Blue Jackets
G Jordan Shaffer [USNTDP]
6", 171 lbs
West Bloomfield, MI, USA

8. Carolina Hurricanes
C Sun-Chi Bong [Pyongayng]
6", 178 lbs
Pyongayng, North Korea

9. New York Rangers
C Andre van Overmars [Comets]
6'4", 189
Amsterdam, Netherlands

10. Pittsburgh Penguins
RW Brett MacLean [Erie]
6", 198 lbs
Port Elgin, ONT, Canada

11. Florida Panthers
RW Jeff Riddle [Cracovia]
6'1", 180 lbs
Lublin, Poland

12. Montreal Canadiens
C William Whitlock [Racers]
5'9", 160 lbs
Manchester, Great Britain

13. San Jose Sharks
G Arturas Juknevicius [Sudbury]
5'11", 169 lbs
Elektrenai, Lithuania

16. Minnesota Wild
RW Tim Moguney [Dublin]
5'9", 165 lbs
Dublin, Ireland

19. Boston Bruins
D Patrick O'Malley
5'10", 189 lbs
Dublin, Ireland

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-30-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:27 PM   #38
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I remember many of these names from the old dynasty I tried so I'll keep you all posted. Some guys may still get drafted so I'll keep an eye out. I was a dolt and not thinking the birthdays would fall in line with the draft so I had to use some creative license.

I did not however tamper with the draft. Imagine the odds they'd stay in the same divison. Should make for great drama.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:30 PM   #39
BYU 14
Coordinator

Selected two picks apart, nice. l am betting on Shaffer to crack the starting lineup first, let's hope these two have many exciting duels over the coming years.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote