Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2006, 11:26 PM   #101
MacroGuru
Coordinator

One thing I will say, Wal-mart is definately trying to shift focus in their electronics department. They are starting to bring in better products, and a different range depending on the market and what the store is traded at for their products.

The customer service aspect with the associates in that department should be increasing here soon as well, as they try to increase their knowledge within the products of their department.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #102
Galaxy
Coordinator

Does WF carry a wide selection of the fancy foods (cheeses, seafood, ect.), or just better quality in terms of the basic stables? Didn't they stop selling lobsters?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:47 PM   #103
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

From what I recall a wider variety of fancy and health food items. Although it is more like a supermarket than a true specialty health food store.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:39 AM   #104
mgadfly
High School Varsity

I haven't had a need to go into either WM or Target in about five years. I'd rather my money stay in the community as much as possible and tend to shop at smaller businesses or local grocery chains as much as possible.

That started when my brother bought a small business and began competing with larger companies. Since then I took a job representing the Union that represents the grocery workers at the Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyers (Krogers), and Rosauers. Because I've seen the way each of the companies treat their employees I try to shop at Rosauers whenever possible. There is a perception that they are more expensive than the bigger chains but a local news agency did a series of reports a few years back and found that over the course of a year all four chains in town were within four or five bucks for groceries.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:33 AM   #105
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I see that stuff, too, from time to time, but I haven't been able to say that it happens in a particular store as opposed to another store. I definitely see a difference in the demographic between Target and WalMart, though. Although nothing will beat with Publix in Tallahassee that's closest to the FSU campus, I'm ppleased to say that the Target on Nicholasville Rd. has an abundance of UK coeds. I can't say the same for the WalMart just south of Target.
I know exactly what you are talking about.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #106
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Does WF carry a wide selection of the fancy foods (cheeses, seafood, ect.), or just better quality in terms of the basic stables? Didn't they stop selling lobsters?

To add on to Gramm, yes, their selection of cheeses and meats are beyond anything I've seen in a general market (as oppose to a cheese shop or a butcher). You get quantity with quality. However, not all WF are alike. They built a new one in Palm Gardens near where my in-laws live and that store is about half the size of ours, with less quantity. For the bigger stores, the quantity of produce is about the same, I think, but much better quality. And here's the key = They are not all shriveled, locally-growned organics (like Wild Oats) because WF does allow (and label accordingly) conventional growing practices, as long as they meet certain criteria.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:32 PM   #107
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Hmmm, puzzling. I don't remember you being this dense. Let me rephrase.

It doesn't matter whether the letter in question is real or not, because I could write a very similar one based on my actual experiences. The points he made have merit to me regardless of whether this guy made them up, whether a little bird told him, or whether mystical powers spelled them out in the toilet for him.

Capeche? Comprende? Verstehen sie das?

Yes, I got it the first time, asshole. What I find puzzling is how you couldn't see how incredibly idiotic that sounded as you typed it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:23 PM   #108
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Yes, I got it the first time, asshole. What I find puzzling is how you couldn't see how incredibly idiotic that sounded as you typed it.
Oh, so I'm the asshole? When you continually pop off with your sarcasm and insistence about something that is completely irrevelant to the thread? Would we all better served to exalt you for your ability to sniff out a phony letter?

Forget you ever read that grossly exaggerated, fabricated letter that offends your sensibilities so much. Here's my statement:

I have found Target stores are entirely better shopping experiences than WalMarts. The former have nice, clean, wide aisles, well-stocked shelves, and generally good employees who provide quick checkouts and good customer service. WalMarts are dirty, cluttered messes where the staff and clientele generally suck balls.

Discuss.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:39 PM   #109
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Oh, so I'm the asshole? When you continually pop off with your sarcasm and insistence about something that is completely irrevelant to the thread? Would we all better served to exalt you for your ability to sniff out a phony letter?

I wouldn't dismiss the genesis of the letter as completely irrelevant. Word-of-mouth and viral marketing are hot topics in the advertising and PR world these days. I don't know if the letter is such an attempt at said marketing strategy, but I have my suspicions.

Aside from the Target-Walmart discussion you are trying to foster, I do think the phenomenon of how a forwarded e-mail can engender such discussion is just as, if not more interesting to me. If the letter is an attempt at stimulating potential customers, I would say that it is doing its job.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:54 PM   #110
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Point taken, but it could have been done without the 'tude.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:55 PM   #111
MJ4H
Coordinator

The letter is obviously bogus. Target here is extremely subpar compared to Wal-Mart, but I do live in the heart of Wal-Mart world.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:12 PM   #112
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
The letter is obviously bogus. Target here is extremely subpar compared to Wal-Mart, but I do live in the heart of Wal-Mart world.

Thats right...I will be out in Bentonville from the 5th to the 29th....
Old 08-31-2006, 08:01 PM   #113
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
Holey moley Batman. That letter could've been written in probably 90% of the continental US (sorry haven't been to Alaska or Hawaii). After having been all over the country (thanks to the U.S. Army), I have to say that Target is a head and shoulders above Walmart.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #114
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru
Thats right...I will be out in Bentonville from the 5th to the 29th....

sweet. drop me a line
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote