Write up coming shortly

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #2302
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

unvote pass
vote thomkal

You all are making a horrible mistake. Pass is the rev you are looking for.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #2303
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, can we expect gloating here?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #2304
hoopsguy
General Manager

And enter a lurking Alan ...
Old 09-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #2305
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Gloating is no fun But it was a very fun game.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #2306
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Four legs good, two legs BETTER!!!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #2307
hoopsguy
General Manager

So why Fouts last night? Congrats, that won you the game.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #2308
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyway, it was a very fun game! I'll probably post more detailed comments tomorrow -- why do it during free time when I can do it at work?

Thanks, path and Anxiety!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #2309
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll wait for Anxiety to post before I get too far ahead of myself.... Man what a crazy game. I did have alot of fun though.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #2310
Thomkal
Head Coach

*sigh*
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #2311
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So why Fouts last night? Congrats, that won you the game.

I hinted at having a role. Didn't matter, you would have lynched me over those 2.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #2312
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I hinted at having a role. Didn't matter, you would have lynched me over those 2.

That's something I've been wondering about all day. Maybe we should play the last day again, only this time, we lynched Thomkal instead?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #2313
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, I don't think I would have lynched you over those two. I had thought about this a lot last night and had intended to vote for the quiet one if you and Alan were still alive, figuring that both of you were not bad.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #2314
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That's something I've been wondering about all day. Maybe we should play the last day again, only this time, we lynched Thomkal instead?

You had one of the worst voting records I've ever seen. Yet, only I suspected you.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #2315
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I had convinced myself by yesterday that Fouts was Clover. Or at least a possibility of it. I just didn't say a word of it in the thread.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #2316
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

With a heavy heart, your group leads Thomkal to the center of a small yard between two barns. Within minutes it is all over, and Thomkal's body lays dead.

You hear a honk and turn to see a battered truck driving up the farm pathway. Out spring two men who put Thomkal's body in the truck and then they drive off. At first, you are told that the truck is the local veternarian come to take Thomkal away, but several of you read "Alfred Simmonds, Horse Slaughterer and Glue Boiler" on the side of the truck.

Of course, this is all explained away as a truck that was recently purchased by the veternarian recently and had yet to be repainted. Doubt gnaws at your souls.

Your evening rations, smaller and smaller each week are not enough to sate your hunger. With angry stomachs and wounded hearts, you lie down to sleep, but rest does not come. Night falls, but there is no rest for you.

One of you hears a noise and the group emerges and follows the noise beside the central barn. There you discover all of the animal rules have been whitewashed and all that remains is one rule:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

Your group gasps in shock and makes their way, angrily to the house where Napoleon and his followers sleep. Your make your way to a window and peer in, only to find Napoleon playing cards with HUMANS. They have become friends and peers.

You hear a sound behind you and turn to see Pinkeye, one of Napolean's followers emerge onto the porch. He is walking upright, carrying a whip. How long has this been going on? Was it happening under your eyes all this time?

Slowly fears weighs down your souls and you are getting tired, so tired. Wearniess creeps into your bones. You are alone now, on a farm that has been fully taken over by Napoleon and his loyalists. The dream of Old Major has died, and with it, so have your chances of seeing his dream become a reality.

The Followers of Napoleon are victorious. Total Victory - Day NINE or whatever.

-Anxiety

Old 09-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #2317
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I had convinced myself by yesterday that Fouts was Clover. Or at least a possibility of it. I just didn't say a word of it in the thread.

Nope, just a barnyard animal. Could have been sheep, but I never got a PM saying that. By getting myself lynched, it left you as the veteran still around. No way I would have voted for Thomkal, where's the evidence?

I didn't think there were 2 left though. Thats the glory of no reveal on death, another advantage to the wolves.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #2318
hoopsguy
General Manager

If you lynch Thomkal instead I'm guarding him, so I do wish you had gone that way.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #2319
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Path and Anxiety, I was really confused early on and frustrated, but it became really fun as things started to work themselves out slowly.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #2320
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You had one of the worst voting records I've ever seen. Yet, only I suspected you.

Except for one key element -- Day 5. I voted for GE first that day, and was followed by hoops, grey, and swaggs. That was the same day DC voted for Chubby, which really turned the tide. 'Course, I was a villager at the time.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #2321
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you lynch Thomkal instead I'm guarding him, so I do wish you had gone that way.

I actually assumed you guarded me last night. If you guard the person who is doing the attack, you stop the attack from happening (ie: no night kill)
Old 09-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #2322
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Except for one key element -- Day 5. I voted for GE first that day, and was followed by hoops, grey, and swaggs. That was the same day DC voted for Chubby, which really turned the tide. 'Course, I was a villager at the time.

GE was the first Rev killed? Wow, this game was like playing with the lights off.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:16 PM   #2323
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, looking for info on:
1. Rules changes on some lynches (before Squealer died)
2. No messsage on a couple of night kills

Any reason for these things?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:16 PM   #2324
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I actually assumed you guarded me last night. If you guard the person who is doing the attack, you stop the attack from happening (ie: no night kill)

I never knew that. Is that in every game or just this one?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:16 PM   #2325
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's take about my own actions this game as Snowball.

I knew as the seer that is this game more info would be needed, so I put it out there every day - Hoops and Lathum.

Why did I not role reveal on Day One to avoid lynching?

I knew I had a 50/50 chance of staying alive. Revealing would mean any good player would vote for Swaggs while any evil player would off me. I figured that my chances increased from 50/50 to 75/25. However, that's a 75% chance of dying in a day with one look or a 50% of living for a while as the seer which was an especially important role in this game.

Thus my play.

-Anxiety

Old 09-20-2006, 08:16 PM   #2326
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So my game notes....

I started out with only Goldeneagle on my team. I was told Passacaglia was the sympathizer, but he did not know this. We had no clue who anyone else was and built our strategy around just trying to eliminate who we thought would provide the most info to the Villagers. Greyroofoo caught me way off guard when he revealed.

I think I drove Goldeneagle a bit crazy, but he was a great sport the entire time and I had fun working with him.. Also was a blast trying to plan out the past two days with Pass.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #2327
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anxiety, looking for info on:
1. Rules changes on some lynches (before Squealer died)
2. No messsage on a couple of night kills

Any reason for these things?

Path told me it was purely flavor.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #2328
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nasty - I did not think that GE was the first one we got. Man, I wasted a lot of energy looking for crap that was not there early
Old 09-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #2329
Thomkal
Head Coach

As I said in my posts, they kept me alive because they were going to pin the DC vote on me, and the Chubby one too. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at you and Grey, I'm just sorry I could get nothing to stick.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #2330
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I never knew that. Is that in every game or just this one?

in this game. (happens in other games at times too, but not necessarily all of them). It was something we didn't know either, when Hoops asked about conditional orders for clover/moses I realized I should ask about this in case it ever came up.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #2331
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
As I said in my posts, they kept me alive because they were going to pin the DC vote on me, and the Chubby one too. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at you and Grey, I'm just sorry I could get nothing to stick.

Honestly the reason we kept you alive?

The main reason was some small hint that Fouts might have been a special role still lingered. We couldn't afford that risk. Also we couldn't afford the risk of hoops blocking us for a second time. Fouts was the least likely person to be guarded.

We felt we had better odds at convincing people to vote you than at avoiding hoops.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #2332
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Path told me it was purely flavor.

In a game with zero information? Ugh. Path should hope we never meet in real life
Old 09-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #2333
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Let's take about my own actions this game as Snowball.

I knew as the seer that is this game more info would be needed, so I put it out there every day - Hoops and Lathum.

Why did I not role reveal on Day One to avoid lynching?

I knew I had a 50/50 chance of staying alive. Revealing would mean any good player would vote for Swaggs while any evil player would off me. I figured that my chances increased from 50/50 to 75/25. However, that's a 75% chance of dying in a day with one look or a 50% of living for a while as the seer which was an especially important role in this game.

Thus my play.

-Anxiety

You probably played that right. Sorry about accusing you so often -- I was actually a good guy then, but it was early, and with no role reveals, I was just grasping for anything I could read into what I saw!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #2334
Thomkal
Head Coach

I was so close to switching to GE when Dodgerchick voted at the last second. Had the post ready, but couldn't convince myself to do it.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #2335
hoopsguy
General Manager

If I had that information about the role I'm pretty sure I would have made different decisions down the stretch. My bad for not asking this when you did.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #2336
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I was so close to switching to GE when Dodgerchick voted at the last second. Had the post ready, but couldn't convince myself to do it.

I think Goldeneagle was a bit upset at me part way in. He was so close to being lynched so many different times.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #2337
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
So my game notes....

I started out with only Goldeneagle on my team. I was told Passacaglia was the sympathizer, but he did not know this. We had no clue who anyone else was and built our strategy around just trying to eliminate who we thought would provide the most info to the Villagers. Greyroofoo caught me way off guard when he revealed.

I think I drove Goldeneagle a bit crazy, but he was a great sport the entire time and I had fun working with him.. Also was a blast trying to plan out the past two days with Pass.

Yeah, if you look at the voting history, Alan T played balls to the wall with GE. Definitely a fun last two days -- it was hard not to look measurably more excited, once I found out I was a rev.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #2338
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thomkal, sorry I screwed the pooch here.

I was pretty anxious about Alan after his "vote comes down to Chubby or Grey" when GE was in the mix on Day 5 - I just didn't feel that it did come down to that decision. And it looked especially bad in light of GE being revealed as my attacker. But when I was attacked when the info had a chance to go to Alan that made me relax off him a bit.

Did you guys name the attacker each night or was it random that GE attacked instead of Alan?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #2339
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Rough game. What made it tough is that we didn't really gain significantly more info as this game progressed. The villagers were in the dark on Day 8 almost as much as Day 1.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #2340
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats to the revs by the way, good playing
Old 09-20-2006, 08:24 PM   #2341
saldana
Pro Starter

wow alan, great job staying alive...i cant believe you survived after having a good deal of suspicion on you early.

and yet again i will ask this....why the hell did you kill me on night 1?!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #2342
RealDeal
High School Varsity

would like to see the full role list
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #2343
Thomkal
Head Coach

Nah Hoops, not your fault. I made a lot of bad votes and was stubborn about sticking to them. But you should have unvoted me, when I showed you your scenario 1 was the right one.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #2344
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thomkal, sorry I screwed the pooch here.

I was pretty anxious about Alan after his "vote comes down to Chubby or Grey" when GE was in the mix on Day 5 - I just didn't feel that it did come down to that decision. And it looked especially bad in light of GE being revealed as my attacker. But when I was attacked when the info had a chance to go to Alan that made me relax off him a bit.

Did you guys name the attacker each night or was it random that GE attacked instead of Alan?

We had to say who was attacking and who we were attacking each night.

For the longest time I assumed the messages at night only came when I did the kill. I did most of the early kills, but we started sending GE later on when he had more heat than me. We chose him as if he got busted it would be less of a disaster for us than if I did at that point..

And that night we went for Swaggs not you. We took the chance at being able to kill swaggs and having the info come to me from greyroofoo. Then we would have the possibility to con people into lynching Grey the next day if I could feel safe that Clover was dead too. You outsmarted us on that night though and were ready for us.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #2345
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hold on RD I can get that out

Old 09-20-2006, 08:27 PM   #2346
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Rough game. What made it tough is that we didn't really gain significantly more info as this game progressed. The villagers were in the dark on Day 8 almost as much as Day 1.

Yep, the only information the villagers gained was some half-hearted reveal by Grey. Snowball or Clover alive would have helped a ton more.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #2347
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
wow alan, great job staying alive...i cant believe you survived after having a good deal of suspicion on you early.

and yet again i will ask this....why the hell did you kill me on night 1?!

Sorry Sal, i felt bad about that

To be honest you were chosen on night 1 because in every game I've been a bad guy, you've seen through me more often than anyone else I've ever played with. With only 2 wolves, we just couldn't take that chance.

I guess if anything, its a sign of respect.. you were the one I feared the most.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:29 PM   #2348
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roles:

Seers:

Full Seer - Anxiety
Lynch Seer - Bek
Night Seer - Greyroofoo

Revs:

GoldenEagle
Alan T

Sympathizer - Pass

Reverse Seer - Gramm

Pilkington - Lathum

Bodyguard - Hoopsguy

Duke - Swaggs

Old 09-20-2006, 08:29 PM   #2349
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep, the only information the villagers gained was some half-hearted reveal by Grey. Snowball or Clover alive would have helped a ton more.

For whatever its worth, we killed Squealer and Pilkington ourselves.. so the lack of information wasn't too swell for us either. We mainly focused on trying to get rid of people who we thought could possibly have roles that would open the game up for you all.

The night we killed Grammaticus was because I felt there was a chance he was the seer from the way he was playing.

Killed Blade on the small chance he could have been Moses. Thats why when Grey revealed I felt dumb.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #2350
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thom, I didn't have an option to do it without Grey here without risking the tie-breaker being a wolf. And Alan was lurking as a guest with his crappy vote switch late anyways.

Alan, for that "guest lurk" stunt you have earned yourself a day one vote and a bloody death in the next game I run