Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #751
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Post #451 cronin, which people asked you to explain at the time and you never did. Now that you seem to be talking more, care to explain this post from yesterday? Is it in regards to alan, as that was what i felt CR/Saldana debate was over

All I meant was that as I read things I found myself agreeing with saldana's pov. Then some people were saying he was suspicious. Since I know I'm good, I am willing to say that his day 1 play was NOT suspicious.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #752
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, I'm on pg. 15, but not all the way down. Seems like we need 2 votes to vote for Chief (if I added correctly):

VOTE CHIEF RUM

I absolutely do not like early no-lynches. I voted for him more because we need a majority, not really because I feel he is on the dark side. I feel bad he's not here to defend himself though.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #753
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Alan, I am very much not voting for Chief, which would be the error with your record.

Oh you voted for swaggs. ok my bad. I'll fix that. I didnt read clearly. sorry am trying to get the place cleaned up too
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #754
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Why did you vote for me, then?

I am one of the few people that have come out and said I am on the side of light and I put out my position that, agree with me or not, I feel like we need to vote/lynch someone because it is one of the only tools available to us, yet you vote for me because I am being suspicious.

Because you kept insisting the day 1 vote record means something. It doesn't. This is pretty much a vote against that idea.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #755
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Kk, here is updated list. my apologies:

(11) Chief Rum - Saldana (482), Alan (504), Schmidty (552), Lathum (555), Jonathan Ezarik (577), Thomkal (585), Grammaticus (593), Spleen (625), Lonestargirl (700), Mr. Wednesday (708) Izulde (738)
(7) Lathum - St.Cronin (557), Swaggs (594), Ntndeacon (595), Kwhit (607), Sublime (616), BrianD (707), Daddytorgo (712)
(1) Saldana - Chief Rum (446)
(1) St.cronin - Sndvls (532)
(1) Alan - Blade (611)
(1) Swaggs - Tyrith (704)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #756
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

That's 12 votes for CR.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #757
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Because you kept insisting the day 1 vote record means something. It doesn't. This is pretty much a vote against that idea.

It will mean something in conjunction with the other votes.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #758
KWhit
Coordinator

Unvote Lathum

Vote Chief Rum
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #759
KWhit
Coordinator

FYI: My vote change was to try to help make sure we get a majority.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #760
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
It will mean something in conjunction with the other votes.

Not really, because they could be fairly certain he was going to die early on and they could use it as a chance to get some "good" votes in. Or, more likely, they didn't know who he was. But this is a situation where there could easily be bad guys that have good records.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #761
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Well, I'm on pg. 15, but not all the way down. Seems like we need 2 votes to vote for Chief (if I added correctly):

VOTE CHIEF RUM

I absolutely do not like early no-lynches. I voted for him more because we need a majority, not really because I feel he is on the dark side. I feel bad he's not here to defend himself though.

I really don't understand this logic, at all. If you think it's a bad lynch, DON'T VOTE FOR HIM!

Lynching a villager is worse for the village than not lynching anybody.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #762
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

As of post 759:

(13) Chief Rum - Saldana (482), Alan (504), Schmidty (552), Lathum (555), Jonathan Ezarik (577), Thomkal (585), Grammaticus (593), Spleen (625), Lonestargirl (700), Mr. Wednesday (708) Izulde (738), Dodgerchick (752), Kwhit (758)
(6) Lathum - St.Cronin (557), Swaggs (594), Ntndeacon (595), Sublime (616), BrianD (707), Daddytorgo (712)
(1) Alan - Blade (611)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #763
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I really don't understand this logic, at all. If you think it's a bad lynch, DON'T VOTE FOR HIM!

I strongly disagree with thos
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #764
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

You're right. You just helped me make my decision. I don't really think CR is bad, so I'm switching back.

Sorry if this is a f*** up.

Unvote Chief Rum
Vote Lathum
Old 11-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #765
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I strongly disagree with thos

How can you strongly disagree with something you are doing?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tyriths votes are very suspiscous to me. He unvotes me because he says he is sure I am not gonna be lynched, then moves to a Swaggs who has no heat on him at all. It seems to me he is trying to cover his tracks...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #767
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Heh. Good point.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #768
Tyrith
College Starter

Lynching a villager is only good for us when finding out his affiliation will really tell us something about the other players. With Chief being gone we pretty much have the first three or four voters with any sort of argument at all, and a bunch of followers. Alan's argument was not liking chief defending someone so easily. Lathum and saldana are just saying that they've seen him play like this before and be bad. These arguments wouldn't tell me much about them if he was lynched, because they had to make some weak argument today to put a vote in. In this case I think if we lynch a villager we're mostly just down a villager -- the information won't be worth a dead body.

Of course, there's the chance he's bad you also have to weigh in, meaning I can't completely object to this.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #769
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

I feel that there is atleast a small case to vote Lathum at this point, st. cronin pointed this out around post 705 or so, but I'm missing why we should be voting CR.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #770
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well its deadline.. guess good or bad, we find out something maybe.

(12) Chief Rum - Saldana (482), Alan (504), Schmidty (552), Lathum (555), Jonathan Ezarik (577), Thomkal (585), Grammaticus (593), Spleen (625), Lonestargirl (700), Mr. Wednesday (708) Izulde (738), Dodgerchick (752)
(7) Lathum - St.Cronin (557), Swaggs (594), Ntndeacon (595), Sublime (616), BrianD (707), Daddytorgo (712), Kwhit (765)
(1) Alan - Blade (611)
Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #771
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That is time. For today's vote, we need 12 out of 23 players. Let me go check.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #772
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
You're right. You just helped me make my decision. I don't really think CR is bad, so I'm switching back.

Sorry if this is a f*** up.

Unvote Chief Rum
Vote Lathum

because we have a chance of hitting a bad guy instead of sitting on our hands and letting the forces of darkness pick us off one at a time at night. look how lucky we got yesterday...nothing to say we couldnt get that lucky again.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #773
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Lynching a villager is only good for us when finding out his affiliation will really tell us something about the other players. With Chief being gone we pretty much have the first three or four voters with any sort of argument at all, and a bunch of followers. Alan's argument was not liking chief defending someone so easily. Lathum and saldana are just saying that they've seen him play like this before and be bad. These arguments wouldn't tell me much about them if he was lynched, because they had to make some weak argument today to put a vote in. In this case I think if we lynch a villager we're mostly just down a villager -- the information won't be worth a dead body.

Of course, there's the chance he's bad you also have to weigh in, meaning I can't completely object to this.

Ok, I think i missed these points before, atleast Lathum and saldana's.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #774
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Im voting you for the sole reason of getting you and cronin to shut up. My original action was to vote chief and be make sure the lynch happened. You both threw a big fit over it becuase i feel he is good, so to stop you two from whining incessantly i swapped to you. I am voting you becuase your my top suspect and you nagged me enough about how my original choice was such a terrible decision.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #775
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Tyriths votes are very suspiscous to me. He unvotes me because he says he is sure I am not gonna be lynched, then moves to a Swaggs who has no heat on him at all. It seems to me he is trying to cover his tracks...

Then you better be damn well suspicious of Blade, too. I won't let you get away with just pointing it at me.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #776
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Im voting you for the sole reason of getting you and cronin to shut up. My original action was to vote chief and be make sure the lynch happened. You both threw a big fit over it becuase i feel he is good, so to stop you two from whining incessantly i swapped to you. I am voting you becuase your my top suspect and you nagged me enough about how my original choice was such a terrible decision.

Stop putting words in my mouth. The only fit I had was you saying that I made you vote a certain way. I don't care honestly how you vote.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #777
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Then you better be damn well suspicious of Blade, too. I won't let you get away with just pointing it at me.

blades actions early in the game lead me to believe he is of no harm to us.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #778
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Should we never vote to lynch anyone again unless we are absolutely sure that he's not a villager? Instead we should just wait until we get picked off one by one?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #779
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have 12 for Chief Rum. Is that confirmed?

Old 11-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #780
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Ive got my own problems to deal with tyrith...when you get on my level of heat, EVERY GAME, then come talk to me. The amount of heat you have on you is like childs play compared to what ive had to put up with so far.
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #781
Tyrith
College Starter

Furthermore, I was right about you not going to be getting lynched; even with everyone that had voted for you it would have been, what, 10 votes? With the remaining outstanding votes being highly unlikely to move towards you instead of the candidate with the higher count.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #782
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Ive got my own problems to deal with tyrith...when you get on my level of heat, EVERY GAME, then come talk to me. The amount of heat you have on you is like childs play compared to what ive had to put up with so far.

I wasn't trying to point him at you as to point out that his logic had holes in it. I've told you repeatedly today that I'm on your side in this war against people killing you for bad reasons, remember?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #783
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

That's what I've got too, Abe.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #784
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I have 12 for Chief Rum. Is that confirmed?

I think that's what alan has too
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #785
Tyrith
College Starter

I also have 12 for chief.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #786
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The evening brings an end to the sunshine that penetrated the fog and another day of deliberations. Fresh from success the previous day and a reminder of why you are embarking on this task last night, resolve hardens your veins and tendons.

Tonight you vote another of your own for lynching. Righteousness boils through the assembly. You have voted for Chief Rum. When the final vote is tallied, he cries out in fright and scurries underneath the tale, but you pull his three foot two inch frame out from under the table easily enough.

One of you carries him to the central gallows you had set up but with which you do not administer justice the previous evening, since Scoobz forced you to cut him down. This will be the first lynch of the freshly cut and assembled gallows.

Right away you notice a problem. Your gallows are man height, and not designed for a hobbit. You discuss the situation and decide to have someone hold him up while the rope is tied around his neck, then release him.

You begin to prepare the rope, and Chief Rum looks at you with wide eyed horror. He knows that death has marked him, and fate will off him this evening. His tears of sorrow glisten in the twilight, but your resolve is set. Although a few of you begin to have doubts, the assembly has spoken.

The sight of the hobbit, openly weeping in torment, is ultimately too much for you, and you have to cover his head. You cast lots to see who will have to hold him up, and once that is decided, the task begins. His hobbit frame squirms under the weight of the hanging, and it takes him a lot longer to die than a human would have taken, because he weighs less. After a half hour of horror, he still twitches occasionally. You decide to leave him alone for now and investigate his place.

Nob was a hobbit servant at the Prancing Pony Inn, and he kept a small room there, underneath the Inn. You enter it as best as you can, but find nothing to verify your suspicions. As far as you can tell, he was just a normal hobbit who served you all just as he did Mr. Underhill’s party.

Realizing your mistake, you hurry back to the gallows, but it is too late, and the hobbit lies dead. The sheer terror on his face as he realized that his friends and associates were about to kill him are everywhere you turn, and shutting your eyes does not blank the shame.

Day Two has ended. Night Two has begun. It ends at 3:30 am EST Wednesday morning.

-Anxiety

Old 11-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #787
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

See, what's different about this game is that we need a majority (50% +1), so that means we either kill someone and learn something based on voting records or trails people leave, or we keep our finger up our butt and let the dark side kill us off one by one, or multiple times a night.

Who knows, Chief just MIGHT be evil, we'll have to see, but I just don't want an early no-lynch.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #788
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Should we never vote to lynch anyone again unless we are absolutely sure that he's not a villager? Instead we should just wait until we get picked off one by one?

No, of course not. But voting INSERT RANDOM PLAYER simply because you think you HAVE to lynch somebody is really pathetic. Show some stones, find a reason to vote for somebody.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #789
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the bit yesterday, but don't you think you kind of brought some of the heat on you in the beginning of this? Like i said i didn't mind like some did, but it certainly raises an eyebrow or two.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #790
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Furthermore, I was right about you not going to be getting lynched; even with everyone that had voted for you it would have been, what, 10 votes? With the remaining outstanding votes being highly unlikely to move towards you instead of the candidate with the higher count.

so if you were so sure I wasn't gonna be lynched why switch?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #791
st.cronin
General Manager

ah well

I am right again.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #792
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dammit!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #793
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
dammit!!!

Watch the language.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #794
Swaggs
Coordinator

Wow... that was a powerful write up.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #795
Izulde
Head Coach

Ugh. That sucks.

Beautiful writeup though, Anxiety.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #796
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so if you were so sure I wasn't gonna be lynched why switch?

Because I could use the vote to rally against a point of contention in the game. Although, to be fair, I should have explained the vote better at the time, but I was not happy.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #797
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

Watch the language.

errr sorry

"Dagnabbit!" or "darnit!"

do you want me to edit it?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #798
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Stop putting words in my mouth. The only fit I had was you saying that I made you vote a certain way. I don't care honestly how you vote.
My arguement was you were my top suspect. I said becuase you werent going to get lynched, id take your supporter as my second best suspect. I never said you compelled me to vote a certain way, so stop putting words into my mouth...

By the way, i love these two posts
Quote:
Dola,

I love the arguement I'm going to vote with person X, but if my vote ends up being bad I'm going to vote for person X tommorrow.

Please Blade, don't do me any favors and vote for someone else if you don't agree with my reasoning. I give my reasons for the vote, agree with them or disagree with them but in no way am I compelling you to do something you don't want to do.
You actually recognize my acutal argument in the first half, then digress...I love how that one ends and this one follows shortly...nice contrast
Quote:
If you think Chief is good, then don't vote him. Sheesh
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #799
SnDvls
Pro Starter

sucks big time

wish CR could have been here to defend himself
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #800
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I thought we needed 13 for the 50%+1?