Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
even GREATER gaming news than Anrhydeddu's

Shadows of Undrentide is listed for release mid-June.

Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:30 AM   #2
Daimyo
College Starter

Is it going to be worth purchasing? The prestige classes they've shown so far don't really interest me. I guess its sort of like with OOTP and the FOBL... I'm probably only upgrading if Avlis requires it. (I still haven't played a single minute of non-Avlis NWN)
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:32 AM   #3
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
You will have to if they use it in Avlis or newer solo modules. Some of the new spells, feats, skills may be interesting.

New 40-hour Neverwinter Nights adventure
I will enjoy this, but it is not for everybody

Three new tilesets:
Desert, Ruins and Snowy Rural
These are nice, but other people have already expanded the tileset

Five new Prestige classes:
Arcane Archer, Assassin, Blackguard, Harper Scout and Shadow Dancer
I don't think any of these excite me, but prestige classes in general do. perhaps there is room to grow here

14 New monsters:
Basilisk, Cockatrice, Female Ice Giant, Female Fire Giant, Gorgon, Formian (giant ant-people), Medusa, Sphinx, Stinger (xenophobic scorpion-people), Wormling, and four others.
variety is the spice of life

Over 50 New Spells including:
Acid Splash, Amplify, Aura of Glory, Balagorn's Iron Horn, Blood Frenzy, Displacement, Drown, Inflict Minor Wounds, Inflict Critical Wounds, Magic Fang, Mass Camouflage, One with the Land, Quillfire, Shield, True Strike, Wounding Whispers and five Bigby's Hand Spells
these will be fun, but i wonder if they will expand the game play

Over 30 new Feats including:
General Feats: Bullheaded, Improved Initiative, Luck of Heroes, Silver Palm, Snake Blood, and Thug

Weapon Feats: Blind Fighting, Circle Kick, Divine Might, Great Cleave, Rapid Reload, Spring Attack and Zen Archery

Metamagic Feats: Arcane Defense, Extra Music, Lingering Song, Greater Spell Focus and Greater Spell Penetration
The new feats are a welcomed addition. A 20th level human fighter has something like 13 feats, and the system needed expansion for them

Three new Skills including:
Tumble and Appraise
I would have to see how these are implemented

New PC Companions including:

Fairy Dragon Familiar for Sorcerers and Wizards
New Animal Companion for Druids and Rangers
cool

Grenade-like weapons, Holy Water Flasks, Choking Powder, Caltrops, and Projectile Traps
I have seen some this in player made modules and they an be neat to play with

Wondrous Items including the Rod of Wonder and the Deck of Hazards
not sure what to make of this. I am not one for powerful magic items that throw off the ballance of the game

New scripting commands including a completely new treasure generation system customizable by area, monster, or monster type, and can be modified on the fly by DMs in the game.
not sure how this will impact me as a player

New Voice sets
thank god. nothing like being in a party with 7 people and 4 of them have the same voice.

Last edited by Fritz : 05-14-2003 at 12:18 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:45 AM   #4
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

bump to be greater than the pirates game
Old 05-14-2003, 11:49 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

I recall reading that there were plans for some NWN expansion that would allow "epic level" (21+) character development. Any word on that - it apparently isn't part of this expansion, but is that still in the works?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:56 AM   #6
Eilim
High School Varsity

Not something most players concern themselves with Fritz, but have you heard if they are still going to include database hooks within the scripting engine?

There were rumors of it a while back being included in the expansion pack but haven't seen anything new on it lately. (Granted, haven't really been looking.) If they do include some "official" way for persistent data storage I might have to come out of my NWN Hibernation.

-Eilim
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:04 PM   #7
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand
I recall reading that there were plans for some NWN expansion that would allow "epic level" (21+) character development. Any word on that - it apparently isn't part of this expansion, but is that still in the works?

one can hope.

There is another product called xp2 coming out that MAY have them. Don't know much about xp2 though.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:05 PM   #8
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eilim
Not something most players concern themselves with Fritz, but have you heard if they are still going to include database hooks within the scripting engine?

There were rumors of it a while back being included in the expansion pack but haven't seen anything new on it lately. (Granted, haven't really been looking.) If they do include some "official" way for persistent data storage I might have to come out of my NWN Hibernation.

-Eilim

the avlis people have a fairly good unoffical tool. that is all I know. I am not a big reader of fan sites, so you will have to go dig for more yourself.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:16 PM   #9
Eilim
High School Varsity

Yeah, I heard of some of the third party methods used for persistence and wasn't really happy with most of them. Might have to take another look around and see how they've come along.

That said, this is a "must buy" for me, I was one of those people following NWN since development first started and harassed the EB store clerks the day of release until I finally got my copy at around 10:30pm(And yes they were beyond annoyed with me, as closing time was 10).

Don't think I had a full nights sleep for the first two weeks I had the game and it only got worse when I started creating my own world and enhancement scripts.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #10
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I think the TEEN BOOBS thread is better than this and The Pirates.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:39 PM   #11
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I like I like.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:24 AM   #12
Calis
College Starter

It's GOLDEN baby!

SoU
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote