Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-03-2003, 05:02 PM   #1
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Post Lessons learned from playing RON . (LONG)

I have recently finished a 98 minute game of RON . Playing 8 nations in Atlantic Ocean huge map setting and well the lesson I learned during that hour and a half is that : Nations will go to the extremes and using any means neccessary to achieve their goals .....Sending waves and waves of men and material towards death and destruction like the Chinesse did against me numerous times ....to launching nukes at the enemy multiple times and thus creating a pandora's box which could never be closed .

I myself used 9 tactical nukes .....7 by softening up cities and
enemy massed units and installations before landing an invasion by sea . 1 in order to fend off a number of enemy fleets that were pounding my fleet in order to end a battle ....and as a
Coup de Grace a nuke near my sea side capital incinirating an enemy army as well as pushing the game into armageddon thus ending the game .

I wonder if nations would do what happened in my simulation .....Would a nation so desperate to save itself use a WMD near its own city and push the world into a new dark age ?
The answer is probably yes ....which is pretty damn scary .
I will close now with the stats - 60-62 Nukes were fired in the game 9 by me and I seemed to be the only one uing it before the invasion most of the other missiles launched were fired in retaliation towards a country that struck first .
I was the only one unhurt by an offensive nuke though I did fire the missile that sent te survivors to start over from scratch .

CHEMICAL SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 05:23 PM   #2
vtbub
College Starter

I am insulted at being played, geez.

62 Nuclear movements, that was only after eating the 6 bean enchalada special at Taco Bell, my wife says it was closer to 70. She says that they were all offensive not just once.

At least if you are going to play me, buy me dinner first, or at least tell me I'm cocky and funny. To just play me and expect to go nuclear without even telling me your name is wrong. sniff....

Ron

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 05:35 PM   #3
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Oh an option that I would have liked is for a paratroop unit option ....Imagine my volksgrenadiers jumping out of planes and sqeezing their unit towards the seashores into my armor and battleship units .
Old 06-03-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
tucker342
Pro Starter

The sad thing is, that kind of sounds like where our world is heading...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #5
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

In the end just about every nation but 2 were still on the map and I think total victory would have taken at least 2.5 hours to achieve .