Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
Atocep
Coordinator

Comcast and NFL Network

As of June 14 Comcast will only offer the NFL Network as part of its sports package (at least in the tacoma area). As someone that just switched from Directv to Comcast, I can't figure out what they're thinking here unless Dish Net and Directv are following suit. Directv is already establishing itself as the choice for sports fans. I can't see this helping.

Anyways, this is a heads up for those that haven't heard anything on this and to those with Dish since they may decide its the way to go, too.

Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
Daimyo
College Starter

I'm pretty sure NFL Network has always been on the sports tier for me with Comcast in Chicago. I think i costs $5/month.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
As of June 14 Comcast will only offer the NFL Network as part of its sports package (at least in the tacoma area). As someone that just switched from Directv to Comcast, I can't figure out what they're thinking here unless Dish Net and Directv are following suit. Directv is already establishing itself as the choice for sports fans. I can't see this helping.

Anyways, this is a heads up for those that haven't heard anything on this and to those with Dish since they may decide its the way to go, too.

The thinking is that people like me don't really want to pay an extra couple of bucks for the NFL network - why not limit it to people like you who really care about it?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

it's basic here (central NJ), but i have the sports tier for soccer anyway, so even if they make/made a switch i dont think i'd notice.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
The thinking is that people like me don't really want to pay an extra couple of bucks for the NFL network - why not limit it to people like you who really care about it?

Let me know if your bill goes down after Comcast moves NFL network to the Sports Tier.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Cable companies have been fighting this battle for two years, you are one of the lucky(or not so lucky) ones that has a cable company that will actually do business with the NFL network. In 10 years when each privately own professional league is charging money per game just to watch their sports you will understand why the cable companies are trying to fight this battle while Dish and DirectTV lets the NFL network run over them.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 05-21-2007 at 08:47 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yeah Bresnan in Wyoming, it's part of the digital package, but it's already included in the basic package when you get digital cable. I didn't even know I had NFL Network until I started trolling the channels the first week I had it. I didn't care, but...now that MLB is going to making its own network like that, I'm pretty excited.

But it's not coming until 2009. Oh well.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #8
FBPro
College Starter

Directv=#1 choice for sports.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #9
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
I'm pretty sure NFL Network has always been on the sports tier for me with Comcast in Chicago. I think i costs $5/month.

I have the Comcast Sports package and don't get the NFL Network in Minneapolis.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #10
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I have the Comcast Sports package and don't get the NFL Network in Minneapolis.

Just read that this means I'll start getting the NFL Network on June 18th, so I can't say I'm upset about it.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote