Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #201
14ers
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ers View Post
Is there any site online I can buy JUST a Wii core system for the full retail price of $249? Not some "Bundle"

I have given up trying to buy a Wii locally, so now I am striking out online in my attempt to buy a Wii online, without having to spend a couple hundred dollars more to buy some kind of "Bundle"

Are Wiis available online?
BTW-- I am prepared to pay a shipping cost. I just do not want to be forced to buy a "Bundle"

Hell, I can't even buy a USED Wii on ebay for $249!

Last edited by 14ers : 06-01-2007 at 10:12 PM.
14ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #202
MJ4H
Coordinator

Looks like there aren't now. This is a good site to check:

http://wiitracker.com/
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #203
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like the European consumer board may force a recall of 360's that scratch disks........

Quote:
European Commisioner: MS has a week to explain Xbox 360 scratching disc issue

European Commissioner for Consumers Meglena Kuneva wants to get to the bottom of the Xbox 360 scratching disc issue and she wants answers from Microsoft within one week. In a visit to The Netherlands yesterday, Kuneva confirmed that she had written to Microsoft requesting information on how they plan on resolving the issues there and "whether the same problem has occurred on other markets," according to a newsbrief on the ECC website.

The inquiry was prompted by a report from Dutch TV show Kassa that concluded that certain models of Xbox 360 were indeed the cause of the disc scratching.

In a (mostly English) radio interview, Kuneva said that "Within one week i expect to receive an answer ... and then we will draw the plan on how we could proceed further." She also said that although she does not have the power to order a recall, she'll be "more than happy to act if I have legal ground." (Listen to streaming .wma; interview starts around 2:53.)

Given the anecdotal evidence we have, the disc scratching problem has certainly come up in other markets. It'll be interesting to see what Microsoft reveals on the matter over the next week.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #204
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
Saw my first Wii at a Walmart over the weekend and bought it. Later saw two in Target.

I was in a video game store yesterday and noticed a sign in the window saying "Nintendo Wii in stock". During my ten minutes inside the store they sold nine Nintendo Wii's. Incredible.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #205
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
I was in a video game store yesterday and noticed a sign in the window saying "Nintendo Wii in stock". During my ten minutes inside the store they sold nine Nintendo Wii's. Incredible.

I finally got one last week. It's the same story here. They don't last an hour here.

Last edited by oykib : 06-03-2007 at 07:48 PM.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:23 AM   #206
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
I finally got one last week. It's the same story here. They don't last an hour here.

Hell, they can't even keep DS handhelds in stock in Japan. I still can't figure that one out. They obviously keep the supply lines pretty short for everything in Japan. It seems to drive the Japanese into a frenzy. They're video-game crazy.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:36 AM   #207
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Hell, they can't even keep DS handhelds in stock in Japan. I still can't figure that one out. They obviously keep the supply lines pretty short for everything in Japan. It seems to drive the Japanese into a frenzy. They're video-game crazy.

The DS numbers are very easy to understand. Just keep in mind the fact that Japanese people on average spend over two hours a day riding public transportation. That also explains the much better numbers they have here for various reading material: manga, newspapers, magazinez, and books.

The top manga here, particularly, sell incredibly.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #208
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
The DS numbers are very easy to understand. Just keep in mind the fact that Japanese people on average spend over two hours a day riding public transportation. That also explains the much better numbers they have here for various reading material: manga, newspapers, magazinez, and books.

The top manga here, particularly, sell incredibly.

Oh, I certainly understand the demand and the reasons for it. I just have no clue why Nintendo hasn't increased the production capacity to meet that demand. It's like printing money over there in Japan in regards to the DS. They need to get more of those things on the shelves because there absolutely no lag in demand right now.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #209
spleen1015
Coordinator

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171994...stnews;title;1

Thought I'd post this before Mizzou B-ball fan beat me to it....
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #210
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171994...stnews;title;1

Thought I'd post this before Mizzou B-ball fan beat me to it....

Text? I have no idea what it is, but it's likely blocked for me, so I'm not going to beat you to anything.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #211
spleen1015
Coordinator

One million 360 games sold in 14 months in Australia/NZ
Xbox 360 beats PSP as fastest-seller of game titles in Australia and New Zealand.
By Randolph Ramsay, GameSpot AU
Posted Jun 4, 2007 9:33 pm CT

The Xbox 360 may have lost its title as fastest-selling game console in Australia to the Nintendo Wii, but it has claimed another title over its next-generation competitors. Latest figures from data trackers GfK Australia show that the 360 has sold more than one million games in Australia and New Zealand since its launch 14 months ago, the quickest any game device has reached that milestone.

GfK Australia account director Daniel Morse declined to provide Australia-only sales figures, but did confirm that Australian sales "make up the bulk" of the one million amount.

The previous title holder of quickest to one million game sales is Sony's PSP, which reached the mark in Australia and New Zealand in 16 months. The PlayStation 2 took 18 months (Australia-only figures), while the Nintendo DS took 22 months (Australia-New Zealand figures).

GfK Australia also listed the top selling 360 games down under so far--Gears of War, Saints Row and Call of Duty 2 took out the top three spots in that order.

And while GfK and Microsoft did not release the latest console sales figures for the 360 down under, Microsoft had previously announced in March 2007 that their latest console had sold 157,000 units so far.

GfK did announce, however, that the 360 has a software attach rate of just over five games per console owner. The 360 looks on track to beat its predecessor when it comes to software attach, with the original Xbox having a rate of eight since its launch in 2002. The PS2, by comparison, now has an attach rate of 10, having first launched in Australia in 2000. GfK's Morse declined to provide attach rates for the PS3 and Nintendo Wii.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #212
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

One million 360 games sold in 14 months in Australia/NZ
Xbox 360 beats PSP as fastest-seller of game titles in Australia and New Zealand.
By Randolph Ramsay, GameSpot AU
Posted Jun 4, 2007 9:33 pm CT

Yeah, I don't look much outside the 3 major markets, so I likely wouldn't have seen that. India is another side market where the 360 has sold some units, but numbers in those markets are a drop in the hat when compared to the big markets. I do know that Microsoft would like to take places like India, China, and South Africa and turn them into markets for consoles. It's just going to take a lot of time to do that. Certainly, Microsoft doesn't mind burning some money early on in those markets to create brand loyalty. India, China and South Africa are wide open opportunities. It's probably a good gamble at a relatively low cost for Microsoft. Sony tends to stick to the three main markets with the intent to jump into major Asian markets like Korea and China long-term. Two totally different strategies from a worldwide perspective.