Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2003, 08:26 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

A note from mrskippy regarding his job situation

He asked me to post this for him.

Quote:
I got a letter over the weekend from my former employer stating that resignations are allowing them to fill two positions. One of the jobs is a beat I've wanted for quite awhile.

I sent an e-mail and left a voice mail with the editor. I also called the other editor, who said the main editor was on vacation this week. They said they would get back with me next week.

I said I'd be out on vacation, but that they could leave a voice mail and e-mail for me. I also said I'd call while I was away. They agreed we could possibly setup a meeting for July 1.

By no means, do I have a new job with my former employer, but this is a golden opportunity since it is a beat I'm well suited for and have always wanted.

For those that do pray about these things, I ask you to pray that things go well and that God's will be met in terms of me getting rehired or not.

And even if you don't pray, I ask that you kindly keep me in your thoughts as I seek this wonderful opportunity and hopefully get back to work in the coming weeks.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:41 AM   #2
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

So Jesus is OK with me praying against someone else? Or does god tally up the prayers for each person and divine that the job shall go to that person?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:46 AM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

This praying thing is getting out of hand here.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:47 AM   #4
scooper
College Benchwarmer

I'll take a stab it this. He hears and answers all prayers. It may not be the answer one is looking for but. If you don't believe, it's hard to comprehend. Hey, it's hard to comprehend if you DO believe. That is where faith comes into play. That's all. I'm ducking out and hiding. I promised myself not to get into online religious discussions with debate potential.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:48 AM   #5
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
So banning gets employed people fired, but the unemployed find jobs? Sounds like the thing to do after getting a pink slip is masturbate all over the FOFC.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:51 AM   #6
Ben E Lou

I heart Fritz.

What is the big deal about asking those inclined to pray to do so?????? mrskippy, who is normally a bit overzealous imho, asked in as non-offensive a way as possible. Sounds like some folks are oversensitive here. He may have gone over the line in the past, but not this time.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:53 AM   #7
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

It just seems to me that with a number of prayer threads already popping up around here, it is getting ridiculous when a person who is (temporarily) banned feels the need to write to the mod and have them post something asking for prayers. If getting prayers from this message board (or any) is going to make a difference in your life, I think you are in a bit of trouble regardless.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 06-10-2003, 08:57 AM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

If you feel you need prayers from a board where most people don't even seem to like you, maybe you aren't qualified for the job.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:57 AM   #9
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Marm,

I don't think Kippy was solicitng for prayer. I think he had some important (to him) news that he want to share with the community. The prayer part was just an added bonus - kind of like when you get Onion Rings from BK and find a few fries mixed in.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:00 AM   #10
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
kind of like when you get Onion Rings from BK and find a few fries mixed in.

I like it when you order their onion rings and they give you two packets of the special onion ring sauce instead of one. Yum.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:02 AM   #11
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Marm,

I don't think Kippy was solicitng for prayer. I think he had some important (to him) news that he want to share with the community. The prayer part was just an added bonus - kind of like when you get Onion Rings from BK and find a few fries mixed in.

I guess that is where we differ Fritz.....I hate when I get fries in my onion rings. It makes me wonder how they got there and where they have been before. I never eat them.

Old 06-10-2003, 09:02 AM   #12
scooper
College Benchwarmer

They once told me they were out of onion ring sauce. I almost climbed in through the drive through window and choked the woman. But I'm large, and the window's not. The ketchup they gave me did the trick anyway.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:03 AM   #13
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
originally PM'ed by mrskippy
For those that do pray about these things, I ask you to pray that things go well and that God's will be met in terms of me getting rehired or not.

Isn't this just insulting to God? We're praying to remind him that he's supposed to carry out his own will? I'm not a praying man, but I would think he'd have the "carrying out God's will" part of his job pretty well covered.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:06 AM   #14
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000
Isn't this just insulting to God? We're praying to remind him that he's supposed to carry out his own will? I'm not a praying man, but I would think he'd have the "carrying out God's will" part of his job pretty well covered.
Actually this is a pretty big mystery of the faith to many. Ultimately, I tend to believe that prayer changes us, not God.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:11 AM   #15
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
Ultimately, I tend to believe that prayer changes us, not God.

Wisdom.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:17 AM   #16
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by scooper
They once told me they were out of onion ring sauce. I almost climbed in through the drive through window and choked the woman. But I'm large, and the window's not. The ketchup they gave me did the trick anyway.

Ah, brings back memories (see http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...alds#post45438).

I didn't even know they HAD onion ring sauce...is this a new thing? Admittedly I don't go to BK that much as McD's is right around the corner. Too bad, as I once worked at BK and am partial to them. Just too lazy to drive there

I like it the other way around, getting a wayward o-ring with an order of fries.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #17
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000

It might be insulting to God, unless it was His will that Mrskippy write that, in which case He'd just be carrying out His will.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:24 AM   #18
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo72
Ah, brings back memories (see http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...alds#post45438).

I didn't even know they HAD onion ring sauce...is this a new thing? Admittedly I don't go to BK that much as McD's is right around the corner. Too bad, as I once worked at BK and am partial to them. Just too lazy to drive there

I like it the other way around, getting a wayward o-ring with an order of fries.

I didn't know anything about sauce either. Of course, since I've been on Atkins since November, I haven't visited a McD or BK in quite a while.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #19
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel
I guess that is where we differ Fritz.....I hate when I get fries in my onion rings. It makes me wonder how they got there and where they have been before. I never eat them.

I didn't say I ate them. I just note that sometime you get a little extra. I throw them away, just like the prayer bit at the end of his message.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:28 AM   #20
Stunt Monkey
Magic Monkey

When I saw this thread title, I was sure it was a joke....

I wonder if we can get an update on Wignifty's career?
Stunt Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 10:29 AM   #21
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Stunt Monkey
When I saw this thread title, I was sure it was a joke....

I wonder if we can get an update on Wignifty's career?

I'll admit that crossed my mind as well. It seems SkyDog gets to do a bit of channeling from the dead.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:10 AM   #22
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
So banning gets employed people fired, but the unemployed find jobs? Sounds like the thing to do after getting a pink slip is masturbate all over the FOFC.
I think you'd find the common perception is that you do this regardless of job status.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:11 AM   #23
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samdari
I think you'd find the common perception is that you do this regardless of job status.

that was mean spirited
Old 06-10-2003, 11:58 AM   #24
detroit_fan
H.S. Freshman Team

Isn't skippy the one who tried to ban "Jesus" from our fun little message board?
Old 06-10-2003, 12:16 PM   #25
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I gotta admit the I had the same initial reaction as Monkey, I saw the thread title & just knew this was going to be a joke thread.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:43 PM   #26
robbgmaier
College Prospect

can we please limit this discussion to the more important "Where do those stray french fries come from?" I think that is the burning question here.
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:06 PM   #27
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
Of course, since I've been on Atkins since November, I haven't visited a McD or BK in quite a while.

How's that working out for you? I've had friends who have tried it (not sure how long they stuck with it) with limited success. My observations:

1. All that fat and protein seems to give atkin's dieters bad acne. Then again, maybe my friends just had bad skin.. I dunno.

2. You can eat at McDonalds, but it's pretty gross having to eat a plain cheesburger without the bun or any utensils. Probably best not to do this while people might be watching.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:13 PM   #28
Alf
Pro Starter

I don't pray, but I'd be happy for mrs kippy if he gets the job
Old 06-10-2003, 01:42 PM   #29
bbor
Pro Starter

Hrm...i thought Mrskippy was a a kid...i mean...is'nt it kids that usually troll MB's?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote