Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2003, 12:18 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I am the Ken Griffey Jr of the board ;)

Finally got the soft cast off today, it's been too damn long since my arm wasn't in a cast of some kind. So, the doctor indicates that I haven't used it to lift or anything for a bit, so be ready for some pins and needles as I start to use it. he recommends I GENTLY shake the arm to restore the feeling, and I do so..

and hit the funnybone right on the edge of the doctor's desk..

Trust me, I turned the air blue for the next couple minutes. My arm is still a little numb, and I'm typing this one handed (NOT that onehanded way, you perverts).. but hopefully I won't need to be put on the FOFC 15 day Disabled List

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:22 PM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

And as SirFozzie hits the reply button.....Wham! The monitor falls on his good hand.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:23 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

:P

And in an aside.. why the feckinell do they call that bone on the elbow the funnybone, it sure as hell ain't funny when you hit it.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:46 PM   #4
mckerney
Coordinator

Was it your elbow that you broke? If it was at least you should have had a breif recover time. When I broke my elbow I had surgury and was in a splint for less than a week, though I do still have pain where my metal plate is at times.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:51 PM   #5
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Remember when I got my cast off for my arm. Couldn't quite bend my elbow normally for a few weeks. Though the cast was nice considering how many times I bang my arm into a door/wall.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:54 PM   #6
Craptacular
College Starter

The ulnar nerve sucks ... my left one is almost always aggravated because I have a tendency to lean on my left elbow at work. My wife even bought me a lttle gel cushion thingy for it, but I should just learn not to lean on it!
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:56 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

mckerney: Nah, it was only up by the wrist, and it wasn't that bad a break. The doc told me to not thing it's 100% and start doing silly stuff like lifting heavy boxes or anything (in fact, I'm supposed to start with like 2-3 poind weights, and build up a bit)

illini: Oh thanks for reminding me Doors are the perfect size so you can get through.. unless you have a plaster cast on your arm, then inescably you will bap it into a door or door way
Old 06-13-2003, 01:02 PM   #8
mckerney
Coordinator

My break wasn't that bad either, and I didn't think it was broken at first because I didn't go in to the doctor for two days. I broke it just below the elbow though and they needed to perform surgury to put a metal plate in because it was where the tricep attaches to the elbow and if they didn't the muscle would pull the bone away and it wouldn't heal right. And as far as pain when hitting your elbow, it's much worse when there's a metal plate in there.

I remember in one football game I was playing nose guard and put my arm up to try to block a pass, but my elbow ended up hitting on the of linemen's helmets. Needless to say the next few plays were rather difficult being unable to move my left arm.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:04 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

One of my friends commented to me that hitting your funnybone square hurts more then being kicked in the gajoolies..

I don't know if it's THAT bad..

But it is bad
Old 06-13-2003, 01:18 PM   #10
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I broke both of the bones in my arm playing football. Had a huge lineman jump on my back (I think he wanted a piggyback ride?!) and my arm ended up getting fully extended going into the ground. Didn't even notice it was broken till I tried to get up, didn't look at my arm until I was in the ambulance and it was wavy. It just kinda went straight------drop------straight. Ah well the morphine was nice.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 03:42 PM   #11
detroit_fan
H.S. Freshman Team

They call it the funny bone because it is as funny as heck to watch someone when they hit it.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:54 PM   #12
bryce
High School Varsity

2000: 2 front teeth knocked out playing basketball
2002: ACL torn playing indoor soccer

consider me retired.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 06:41 PM   #13
TredWel
High School Varsity

They call it the "funny bone" because the name of the bone is the humerus.

Yeah, that passes for humor in the medical profession.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:02 PM   #14
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Griffey of the board, eh? So when are you gonna start complaining and demanding that you be traded to a message board closer to home?
Old 06-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #15
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Played season after season of competitive, contact sports (hockey, soccer) and never had any injuries whatsoever.

Go figure.

~rpi-fan
Old 06-13-2003, 09:42 PM   #16
mckerney
Coordinator

Wait a minute, they probably game you Vicodin. Why am I feeling sorry for you? Bastard.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:43 PM   #17
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

mckerney: I never took the stuff. the reason is I took a pill with codine on an empty stomach once. NEVER EVER again. I thought my stomach was going to do an ALiens style chest burst on me
Old 06-13-2003, 09:47 PM   #18
mckerney
Coordinator

They gave you Vicodin and you didn't take it. You're a stronger man than I, and not to mention Brett Favre, am.