Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

TEW 2007: Georgia Championship Wrestling, 1983 redux.

Starting over. Damn you, random crash!

I've played around a bit more, and I'll probably do things differently this time around. Here's the intro, if you're interested.

Quote:
Historically, GCW was purchased by the WWF between 1983 and 1984, after the Briscoes sold off their part of the company to Vince McMahon. In what would be called "Black Saturday", McMahon and the WWF fired the first shot to declare an open war against regional wrestling and its standard-bearer, the NWA, by buying off GCW and its "World Championship Wrestling" television show on TBS.

In this timeline, GCW starts off in 1983 with all its titles vacated (all for different reasons), but has several stars in place, a reasonable standing in the wrestling world, and a decent-enough bank account.

This game is going to be played under TEW, in straight-edge mode (I, the player, will be given goals by the owner of the company to fulfill), using the Death of the Territories v1.35 Database.

For this game, I'll be creating a character for the sake of having one. A road agent with 80% respect rating.

All of GCW's titles start out as vacant, for some reason or another.

National Heavyweight Title
Last Holder: Larry Zybysko
History: The National Heavyweight Title has been held by many notable GCW stars. The list includes Tommy Rich (4x), Paul Orndorff (3x), Austin Idol, Jack Briscoe, and the latest holder, Larry Zybysko. Zybysko bought the title for $25,000 from Killer Tim Brooks, who won it in March, 1983. NWA president Bob Geigel stripped Zybysko of the title several weeks later.

National Tag Team Title
Last Holder: The Wild Samoans
History: The National Tag Team Titles have been vacant since December, 1982, after The Wild Samoans left GCW. The search for new tag-team champions has since been underway.

National Television Title
Last Holder: Steve Keirn
History: The National Television Title has been vacant since March, 1981, and has remained inactive ever since. I have activated this title to allow the midcarders and upper midcarders to have something to actually fight for. This title will only be defended on TV.

Omni Thanksgiving Tag Team Title
Last Winners: Moondog Rex and Moondog Spot

The Cadillac Cup
Last Winner: Thunderbolt Patterson

Company Status:
Style: Georgia Traditional
Size: Cult
Owner: Jim Barnett
Head Booker: Rick Suicide (created character)
Booking Team: Jim Barnett, Ole Anderson, Ronnie West
Money: $225,000
Shows: GCW World Championship Wrestling (Live television taping): Saturday's at 7 PM on WTBS
The Stars of GCW on Tour! (Live show): Every Thursdays

Promotion Pacts:
Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling: Working agreement
Central States: Working agreement
Championship Wrestling from Florida: Working agreement
Mid-South Wrestling: Working agreement
Pacific Northwest: Working agreement
World Class Championship Wrestling: Hostile
Maple Leaf Wrestling: Non-aggression
All-Star Wrestling: Non-aggression
Southeastern Championship Wrestling: Working agreement
International Wrestling (Montreal): Non-aggression
World Wrestling Federation: War
Championship Wrestling Association: Working agreement
Southwest Championship Wrestling: Working agreement
Houston Championship Wrestling: Working agreement

I will have to take advantage of my working agreements with other nearby promotions in order to put my product above the federations that I hold a negative standing with. Primarily, WCCW and WWF.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 09-03-2007 at 04:14 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Owner Goals:

#1 CRITICAL: The promotion must not fall in size before the time expires. Deadline: 11 months, 3 weeks.

#2 CRITICAL:
The promotion cannot drop below $56,250 at any time during the time period. Deadline: 11 months, 3 weeks

#3 BLOCK: The roster should be biased toward genuine athletes. You cannot sign any wrestler with less than a B- grade in athletecism. Timeframe: 23 months, 3 weeks

#4 BLOCK: Signing past-their-prime wrestlers sends out the wrong image. You cannot sign any wrestler older than 42. Timeframe: 23 months, 3 weeks

Weekly Events:
The Stars of GCW on Tour! (Every Tuesday) - I changed this from its Thursday schedule, because I want a bigger gap between my events and my shows. I will approach my Tours differently, putting out maybe 2 or 3 long matches using my popular stars and using the dark time for lesser-known wrestlers. This is to earn as much money as I can, and basically to allow me to spread out my storylines over the TV show. Every now and then, I'll be venturing outside the SouthEast to try and increase popularity in different regions.
GCW: World Championship Wrestling on TBS (Live TV, every Saturday) - TV will play a big part in spreading the popularity of my stars all-around the US territories. The TV shows will feature storylines and basically be where you can watch the openers up to the main eventers mix it up.

Annual Events:
I've scrapped all my recurring anual events for each month, except three. I think I can make enough money through my touring and push my storylines on the TV show good enough to not have a monthly event that's not a PPV. (PPV carriers don't arrive til 1985)
The Cadillac Cup (Monday, Week 4, August)
The Last Battle of Atlanta (Friday, Week 3, October)
Thanksgiving Tag Team Tournament (Monday, Week 1, November)
Old 08-23-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- requested negotiations with Jerry Stubbs
- requested negotiations with Bob Orton Jr.
- requested negotiations with Ricky Morton
- requested negotiations with Robert Gibson

Wrestling News:

- Roddy Piper and Bob Orton Jr. win the MACW Crockett Cup, defeating Ric Flair and Sweet Brown Sugar in the Finals

The Stars of GCW on Tour!
Tuesday, Week 1, April, 1983
Boutwell Memorial Auditorium, Birmingham, AL (Southeast)
Event Size: Medium
Venue Size: Small

Advertised Matches:

Larry Zybysko vs. Paul Orndorff

Stan Hansen vs. Buzz Sawyer

Pre-show:

- Brad Armstrong defeated Les Thornton in 7:54 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper. (D+)

- The Road Warriors defeated Italian Stallion and Joe Lightfoot in 8:14 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Italian Stallion by pinfall with a Flying Shoulder Tackle. (D-)

Show:

- Larry Zybysko walks out and insults everyone in the arnea. (B-) Larry Zbyszko defeated Paul Orndorff in 19:44 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker (B-) After the match, Orndorff offers a handshake to Zybysko, who just looks at him with disgust. (C)

- Hansen is out, and hypes up his match tonight against Buzz Sawyer (B) Stan Hansen defeated Buzz Sawyer in 19:55 by pinfall with The Lariat. (C+) After the match, Hansen celebrates inside the ring and plays to the crowd (B)

Final Rating: C
Attendance: 4,719
Comments:

- Brad Armstrong and Les Thornton didn't have chemistry in the ring.
- The promotion feels that there is a lack of any hot storylines to follow. (I just started my storylines and didn't run any on this show)
Old 08-24-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- Ricky Morton signs a PPA deal at $975 per show for 9 months.
- Robert Gibson signs a PPA deal at $650 per show for 9 months.
- Jerry Stubs rejects our negotiation offer.
- Bob Orton Jr. signs a Short Term deal at $1375 per show for 3 months.
- requested negotiations with Tracey Smothers.

Wrestling News:

- Michael Hayes signs with WWF
- Hulk Hogan signs with WWF
- Roddy Piper signs with WWF
- Jerry Lawler snubs the WWF
- Ted Dibiase snubs the WWF

GCW: World Championsip Wrestling on TBS
Saturday, Week 1, April, 1983
Civic Center, Atlanta, GA (Southeast)
Event Size: TV

Advertised Matches:

ALL THE TITLES ON THE LINE!
For the Vacant National Tag Team Titles: The Road Warriors vs. The Armstrongs
Ronnie Garvin vs. The Spoiler
For the vacant National Television Title: Tommy Rich vs. Buzz Sawyer
For the Vacant National Heavyweight Title: Larry Zybysko vs. Stan Hansen

Pre-show:

None

Show:

- Gordon Solie welcomes everyone to World Championship Wrestling on TBS. He hypes the show and runs through the matches tonight. All Titles are ON THE LINE! He specifically hypes the National Heavyweight Title Match between Larry Zybysko and Stan Hansen. (B-)

- Ricky Morton defeated Les Thornton in 4:38 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (C-)

- Paul Orndorff defeated Pat Rose in 4:40 by pinfall with a Forearm Clothesline. (C)

- Precious Paul Ellering walks out, and he introduces the team that he says will redefine the tag team scene in the entire world: THE ROAD WARRIORS! The two muscle-bound freaks of nature walk out and impress the crowd. (C)

- For the Vacant National Tag Team Titles: The Road Warriors defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 4:40 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with a Shoulder-Mounted Suplex. The Road Warriors win the National Tag Team titles. (C-)

- Jake "The Snake" Robert and Ronnie Garvin are shown backstage. They seem to be arguing over something. (D)

- The Spoiler defeated Ronnie Garvin in 9:56 by pinfall with a Tightrope Clawhold. (C+)

- For the Vacant National Television Title: Tommy Rich is out, and he heads to the ring. He cuts a promo tonight against Buzz Sawyer, his opponent for the next match. (B-) Tommy Rich defeated Buzz Sawyer in 14:51 by pinfall with a Vertical Splash. Tommy Rich wins the National Television title. (B)

- For the Vacant National Heavyweight Title: Stan Hansen is out first. He plays to the crowd and gives a fan an autographed cowboy hat. (B+) Larry Zbyszko defeated Stan Hansen in 19:46 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. Larry Zbyszko wins the National Heavyweight title. (B)

Final Rating: B-
TV Rating: 2.60
Attendance: 4,224
Comments:

- The shows a big success, and has increased our popularity.
- Stan Hansen is exhausted, he needs rest.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-24-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- requested negotiations with Bobby Eaton
- requested negotiations with Stan Lane
- requested negotiations with Koko B. Ware
- requested negotiations with Terry Taylor

Tuesday, Week 2, April, 1983
Municipal Auditorium, Columbus, GA (Southeast)

Advertised Matches:

Non-title match: Tommy Rich vs. The Spoiler
Non-title match: Larry Zybysko vs. Mr. Wrestling II

Pre-show:

- The Road Warriors defeated Brett Wayne and Bruno Sammartino Jr. in 7:59 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr. by pinfall with a Top Rope Clothesline. (D+)

- Robert Gibson defeated Les Thornton in 7:33 by pinfall with a High Dropkick. (C-)

Show:

- Tommy Rich is out, and he hypes up his match against The Spoiler tonight. (B) Tommy Rich defeated The Spoiler in 20:27 by pinfall with a Vertical Splash. (B-) Rich celebrates his win, pumping up the crowd (B)

- Larry Zybysko, the National Heavyweight Champ, walks out and runs down the reasons why he's better than Mr. Wrestling II. He promises a win tonight. (B) Larry Zbyszko defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 20:06 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (B) After the match, Zybysko grabs Mr. Wrestling's head and attempts to rip off his mask. Mr. Wrestling fights back, and Zybysko retreats. Mr Wrestling poses as the fans appreciate his bravery. (B)

Final Rating: B
Attendance: 5000 - Sold Out!
Comments:

- Robert Gibson and Les Thornton didn't click during their match.
- The show was a success, increasing my popularity in the SouthEast. My highest rated yet.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-24-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- signed Terry Taylor to a PPA deal worth $450 per show for 9 months.
- signed Bobby Eaton to a PPA deal worth $650 per show for 9 months.
- signed Stan Lane to a PPA deal worth $1275 per show for 9 months.

Saturday, Week 2, April, 1983
West Palm Beach Auditorium, West Palm Beach, FL (Southeast)

Advertised Matches:

Road Warrior Hawk vs. Bullet Bob Armstrong
Jake Roberts vs. Brett Wayne
National Television Title: Tommy Rich vs. The Spoiler
Stan Hansen vs. The Iron Sheik

Pre-show:

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Pez Whatley and Les Thornton in 8:13 when Ricky Morton defeated Les Thornton by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (C-)
- Stan Lane defeated Terry Taylor in 5:09 by pinfall. (C)

Show:

- Precious Paul Ellering is out with the Road Warriors. He hypes up the tag champs, talks about how Hawk is going to destroy Bullet Bob tonight, and how they are unstoppable. (C+) Road Warrior Hawk defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 4:57 by pinfall with a Hangman's Neckbreaker. (C+)

- Jake Roberts heads to the ring, and he talks about how Ronnie Garvin couldn't win a match to save his life. (C+) Jake Roberts defeated Brett Wayne in 8:11 by pinfall with The DDT. (C+) After the match, Roberts goes into another tirade and says "THAT'S how you win a match!". (c+)

- Bob Orton Jr. is backstage. He talks about finally arriving in GCW, and says that he's looked the roster of names up and down, and he's not impressed with the roster. Paul Orndorff shows up, and welcomes Orton, offering a handshake. (C) Orton Doesn't like being interrupted, and he SLAPS Orndorff! (D+) Orndorff goes nuts! They start BRAWLING! The fight is broken up, as security run in. (D)

- Gordon Solie is with Larry Zybysko. Solie says that Stan Hansen has been given a conditional rematch by the championship committee... if he beats The Iron Sheik tonight, he will get a rematch for the National Heavyweight Title. Zybysko says that this is the same committee that stripped him of the title, he could care less about thier decisions. He IS the champion, and he will STAY as champion, regardless of who his opponent is. He takes the time to insult the fans as well. (B)

- Tommy Rich defeated The Spoiler in 20:03 by pinfall with a Vertical Splash. Tommy Rich makes defence number 1 of his National Television title. (B) Buzz Sawyer walks out, and calls out the celebrating Rich. He says that he's beaten Rich before, and that Rich just got lucky last week. He challenges Tommy to a rematch next week, for the Television Title. (C+) Rich smiles, raises the title, and tells Sawyer to show up next week, because he's got a match! (B-)

- Stan Hansen defeated The Iron Sheik in 9:35 by pinfall with The Lariat. (B) After the match, Larry Zybysko walks out and starts yelling at Hansen. Hansen and Zybysko are face to face inside the ring! BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL! Gordon Solie signs off as the security men from earlier tonight run into the ring to break this brawl up! (B)

TV Rating: 2.51
Attendance: 5,000 - SOLD OUT!
Comments:

- The show can be considered as a success, it has raised our popularity.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
molson
General Manager

Eaton's a steal at $650/show, especially in your region.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #8
Tellistto
College Prospect

Wow, nice shows. Wondering if you hit on the magic nail with the longer match/less matches balance to get those back to back B ratings. Kinda hard to work in younger talent that way, or to give all those workers you have work, though.

Onboard again!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #9
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- signed Chris Adams to a PPA deal worth $725 per appearance for 9 months
- we passed on signing Jay Youngblood for now, he was asking a huge $1,750 PPA deal. No way, not now.
- signed Koko B. Ware to a PPA deal worth $425 per appearance for 9 months
- Larry Zybysko signs a PPA deal with the AWA, we are, however, still his #1 choice
- Buzz Sawyer has been approached by the AWA for a possible deal
- Barry Windham rejects our negotiation offer

Wrestling News:

- Jimmy Snuka defeated Bob Backlund to win the WWF Title. All eyes are now on the Superfly to see if he can carry the WWF to the promised land.

Tuesday, Week 3, April, 1983
John Justin Arena, Fort Worth, TX (Midsouth)
Venue Size: Tiny
Advertised Matches:

Bobby Eaton vs. Mr. Wrestling II
Paul Orndorff vs. Stan Lane
Non-title match: Larry Zybysko vs. ???

Pre-show:

- The Road Warriors defeated Italian Stallion and Joe Lightfoot in 4:57 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Italian Stallion by pinfall with a Hangman's Neckbreaker. (D)

- Koko B. Ware defeated Brett Wayne in 4:47 by pinfall with a Brainbuster. (D-)

Show:

- Mr. Wrestling II comes out to the interview area and delivers a stirring promo in which he relays to the audience just how important his mask is to him.
"This mask is more than a means of anonymity. It is a symbol. It represents everything I have attempted to achieve in wrestling. And I mean to keep it that way." (C+) Mr. Wrestling II defeated Bobby Eaton in 7:51 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. (C+)

- Paul Orndorff defeated Stan Lane in 10:07 by pinfall with a Forearm Clothesline. (C-) Paul Orndorff celebrates by striking poses to each side of the ring. After each pose, the immortal Paul Orndorff calls out for the screams of the fans. And he gets them. (C+)

- Larry Zybysko walks out, and says that Texas is the last place he ever expected to be in. He calls out anyone out here in Texas who can take him on... non-title of course. (C+) "The Gentleman" Chris Adams, a familiar face in the region, walks out to accept Zybysko's challenge! Zybysko quips, "I ain't got no time for no English tart!" (D) Larry Zbyszko defeated Chris Adams in 19:42 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (B-)

Final Rating: C+
Attendance: 909
Comments:

- This is our first venture out of the Southeast. We feel that we have made enough money out of the past two weeks that we can safely venture out. If this works, we are going to be holding all our TV shows in GA (to provide authenticity to our TV crowd... can't exactly put up a show with only a few audience members), two of our live events in GA (to make money), and two live events outside of the Southeast.

- It's a success, raising our popularity in the region.

- Jake Roberts, Bob Orton, and Buzz Sawyer all arrive late to the event. Granted, they weren't even booked... I just give them a warning.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-26-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:07 AM   #10
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- Buzz Sawyer signs a PPA deal with the AWA.

Saturday, Week 3, April, 1983
Curtis Hixon Hall, Tampa, FL (Southeast)

Advertised Matches:

The Road Warriors vs. Terry Taylor and Bruno Sammartino Jr.
Ronnie Garvin vs. The Spoiler
Paul Orndorff vs. "Sweet" Stan Lane
National Television Title: Tommy Rich vs. Buzz Sawyer

Pre-show:

- Koko B. Ware defeated Tim Horner in 5:17 by pinfall with a Brainbuster. (D)

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Italian Stallion and Joe Lightfoot in 4:33 when Ricky Morton defeated Italian Stallion by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (E+)

- Bobby Eaton defeated Rick McGraw in 4:16 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. (C-)

Show:

- The show opens with Stan Hansen and National Heavyweight Champion, Larry Zybysko, in a studio set where local press members are asking them questions. Apparently, this is the contract signing between Hansen and Zybysko for the National Heavyweight Title next week. They also hype a tag-team match tonight, Larry Zybysko and The Iron Sheik vs. Stan Hansen and "The Gentleman" Chris Adams. Zybysko taunts the press and Hanses plays babyface to the hilt. The contract is signed, sealed, and delivered. They posture against each other, with Zybysko just snarling at the stone-faced Hansen. (B-)

- The Road Warriors defeated Terry Taylor and Bruno Sammartino Jr. in 4:43 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr. by pinfall with a Flying Shoulder Tackle. (D) After the match, Paul Ellering grabs a microphone and claims that The Road Warriors are THE PREMIER tag team in the history of wrestling. He puts out an open challenge to anyone, anytime, anywhere, to fight his clients for the National Tag Team Championships. (C+)

- Ronnie Garvin defeated The Spoiler in 7:52 by pinfall with a Hands of Stone Punch. (B-) Ronnie Garvin celebrates his win, but Jake Roberts darts out and starts putting the beat-down on Garvin! Roberts spits at Garvin before leaving him down inside the ring. (C)

- Paul Orndorff is introduced for the next match. He poses for the crowd. Bob Orton Jr. walks out, and he stands by the ring. Seems like he's scouting out Orndorff. Paul Orndorff doesn't look bothered, though, and continues with his pre-match rituals. (C) Paul Orndorff defeated Stan Lane in 7:45 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (C+) Paul Orndorff celebrates, and Bob Orton climbs into the ring. They face each other. Nothing happens though, as tension is built up between the two. (C)

- Backstage with Gordon Solie, and he's with Brad Armstrong. Armstrong says that the Road Warriors took his dad out last week, and he'd love to challenge them next week... however, he doesn't have his father beside him. No problem, though, because his partner next week is here with him tonight! It's Ole Anderson! Ole talks about respect and Bob Armstrong, and how the Warriors and Ellering haven't shown that respect to anyone since he's brought the two muscleheads here in GCW. That ends next week! (D)

- Larry Zbyszko and The Iron Sheik defeated Stan Hansen and Chris Adams in 14:48 when Larry Zbyszko defeated Chris Adams by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (C+) After the match, Zybysko and Iron Sheik try to double-team Chris Adams, but Stan Hansen stops it in time. Hansen saves his partner, as Zybysko and The Sheik retreat. 'This isn't over!' says Zybysko. (C)

- The cameras return to Gordon Solie at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer by speaking about recent events between the two. "This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!" (B-)

- National Television Title: Buzz Sawyer defeated Tommy Rich in 14:32 by count out. (D) Tommy Rich was knocked out by Sawyer outside, using a chairshot. The fans started booing once the referee counted to nine, and then ten, giving the win to Sawyer, despite Rich retaining. Solie quips that Sawyer is a soulless man, hell-bent on destroying Rich's career!

Final Rating: C-
TV Rating: 2.00
Attendance: 4,992
Comments:

- Despite the C- rating, this show was a success, increasing our popularity.
- The storylines are now shaping up, hopefully giving my roster a well-needed popularity boost.
- Road Warrior Hawk and Ricky Morton are complaining of the current pushes that they're getting. I'm going to have to resolve those issues soon.
- Larry Zybysko needs rest, as his additional AWA duties will prove to be a toll.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 09-03-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- We elevate Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson to Midcard status.
- Road Warrior Hawk was elevated to Main Event status, Animal was elevated to Upper Midcard. They're very popular right now, and are my #2 heels aside from Larry Zybysko.

Tuesday, Week 4, April, 1983
Memorial Civic Center, Canton, OH (Great Lakes)
Venue Size: Very Small
Advertised Matches:

The Road Warriors vs. Thunderbolt Patterson and Bruno Sammartino Jr.
Bullet Bob Orton vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Bob Orton Jr. vs. Brett Wayne
Ole Anderson vs. The Spoiler

Pre-show:

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware in 17:49 when Ricky Morton defeated Koko B. Ware by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (D+)

Show:

- Paul Ellering walks out with his team, and he starts running down Ohio. He laughs at their opponents tonight, and then predicts a win this Saturday night against Brad Armstrong and Ole Anderson. (C+) The Road Warriors defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr. and Thunderbolt Patterson in 6:46 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr. by pinfall with a Shoulder-Mounted Suplex. (D+)

- Bob Orton Jr. is out, and he talks about Paul Orndorff. He wants Orndorff to watch what he's going to do to Brett Wayne tonight. (D-) Bob Orton Jr. defeated Brett Wayne in 9:38 by pinfall with The Superplex. (C-)

- Jake Roberts is out, and he taunts the fans. The segment blows. (E+) Jake Roberts defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 7:39 by pinfall with a Short-Arm Clothesline. (C-)

- Freddie Miller talks to Ole Anderson, and Ole talks about teaching a lesson to the Road Warriors this weekend. The fans tonight don't like the interviews much. (E+) Ole Anderson defeated The Spoiler in 10:04 by pinfall with an Anderson Running Knee. (C-)

Final Rating: C-
Attendance: 2,000 - Sold Out!
Comments:

- Man. That was a tough show. Without any of my real headliners, it was difficult, but they all needed rest. Jeez. it's a good thing that our popularity didn't take a hit though.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:22 AM   #12
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I've updated to the Temporary Patch 1.5 dated August 26, 2007

Which include:

Includes:

- RTE 63 could occur under certain situations during loading
- Altered title defence code to allow for better frequency
- Altered physical condition tolerance levels before retirement is forced
- Enabled adjustment of TV show length when show is off air
- Fixed issue with new workers debuting without being able to speak japanese
- Fixed error with indy shows being wiped
- Fixed problem with user character keeping titles after leaving a promotion

GCW Business:

- I tinker with my product a bit, raising and lowering some ratings in an effort to find a better match formula.

Saturday, Week 4, April, 1983
Civic Center, Atlanta, GA(Southeast)
Event Size: LIVE TV

Advertised On Card:

The Rock and Roll Express vs. Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware
National Tag Team Title Match: The Road Warriors(c) vs. Brad Armstrong and Ole Anderson
Buzz Sawyer vs. Mr. Wrestling II
National Heavyweight Title Match: Larry Zybysko(c) vs. Stan Hansen

Pre-show:

- Terry Taylor defeated Pez Whatley in 7:50 by pinfall with a Sunset Flip. (D+)

- Chris Adams defeated Les Thornton in 8:22 by pinfall with The Super Kick. (C)

Show:

- Larry Zybysko is backstage, and he cutting a promo on his title defense tonight. He talks about winners and losers, and that Stan Hansen has been predestined as a loser in life. Zybysko promises to finish off Hansen's title bid tonight. (B+)

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware in 7:48 when Ricky Morton defeated Koko B. Ware by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (C+)

- Back in the set, Gordon Solie has Ronnie Garvin for an interview. Garvin wants Jake Roberts in the ring next week. He says he deserves that match, and that Jim Barnett's going to give it to him, by any means necessary. (C+)

- Paul Ellering is out, and he introduces his champs, the Road Warriors. They're up for a title defense now against Ole Anderson and Brad Armstrong. (C) The Road Warriors defeated Brad Armstrong and Ole Anderson in 4:45 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with a Flying Shoulder Tackle. The Road Warriors make defence number 1 of their National Tag Team titles. (C-)

- Backstage again with Gordon Solie. He's now got Stan Hansen. Hansen is pretty much focused tonight, he talks about giving it his all... he's always given a hundred percent, and tonight won't be any different. He's walking out as the new champ! (B+)

- Bob Orton Jr. is out, and he starts talking trash about Paul Orndorff. He taunts Orndorff to get out and face him like a man. (D+) Orndorff does walk out, and he steps into the ring with Bob. Orton says that since he ruined his arrival here in GCW, he'll look forward to ruining Orndorff's career. Bob Orton starts talking about Ornorff's mother, and Orndorff snaps! BRAWL! Security rush in the pull these men apart! (C)

- Buzz Sawyer defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 8:13 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. (B) After the match, Tommy Rich walks out with a mic. He says that after what happened last week, he wanted to find out if Sawyer was indeed the better man. He was willing to put the belt on the line ONCE AGAIN, next week against Sawyer! (B-) Sawyer's lips spread out into a knowing leer! He says yes! We have a title match next week! (B+)

- Stan Hansen drew with Larry Zbyszko in 30:00 when the time limit expired. Larry Zbyszko makes defence number 1 of his National Heavyweight title. (B+)

TV Rating: 2.38
Attendance: 5,000 - Sold Out!
Comments:

- The show's a success and would have increased popularity all over the US.
- Looks like the tinkering worked a bit.
- As a result of our product tinkering, the audience now expects more dangerous matches. We need to amp up match danger to 55%.
- Pez Whatley arrived late, and we warn him. This being a first offense.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #13
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Month End Report

Prestige:
C+
Money: $363,208

Roster:

Notes:

- About $100,000 went into paying for miscelaneous fees. Not good.
- I will have to go into talks with Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich soon.
- Mike Starbuck and Pat Rose have seen little to no action, and I don't expect it to change.
- Thunderbolt Patterson is only an occasional wrestler and hasn't actually been involved in storylines. He does have good mic skills, so I'll have to see if I can work him into a managerial role.
- Sooner or later, I will have to cut dead weight. But as long as I'm making money, and not yet pissing people off about their appearances (or lack thereof), I will be continuing along.

Titles:

National Heavyweight Title
Current Holder: Larry Zybysko (1 defense)
Last Holder: Vacant
Prestige: 80.7%

National Tag Team Titles
Current Holder: The Road Warriors (1 defense)
Prestige: 70.0%

National Television Title
Prestige: 64.6%

Storylines:

Stan Hansen/Larry Zybysko
Heat: B+
Started: April 1983

Jake Roberts/Ronnie Garvin
Heat: C+

Paul Orndorff/Bob Orton Jr.
Heat: C

Buzz Sawyer/Tommy Rich
Heat: C+

Business:

- Paul Orndorff and Jake Roberts have been offered contracts by the WWF. They are two of my most promising workers and are involved in my two storylines, I hope that they resist the lure of Vince McMahon and the WWF, although it looks like they will probably jump.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #14
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

A little something for people who don't know much about the old-school GCW wrestlers. I found these youtube videos of short promos by these guys:

Paul Orndorff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAT1kTvID48

Tommy Rich and Stan Hansen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8VcNg4B4Q
Ole Anderson and Buzz Sawyer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05nScqnGvdg

Mr. Wrestling II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdujL73bpMk
Old 09-09-2007, 02:02 AM   #15
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- We sent out a lot of feelers to different TV stations, hoping someone will pick us up. We already have a nationally syndicated show, but a 2nd show would give us a big edge against the WWF and their rapidly increasing number of stars.

Tuesday, Week 1, May, 1983
The Junction, San Antonio, TX (MidSouth)
Advertised Matches:

Chris Adams vs. Stan Lane
Non-title: Tommy Rich vs. The Iron Sheik
Non-title: Larry Zybysko vs. Terry Taylor

Pre-show:

- Bruno Sammartino Jr. defeated Les Thornton in 8:14 by pinfall with a Powerslam. Their styles didn't click at all, and it showed. (D)

Show:

- Stan Lane defeated Chris Adams in 9:57 by pinfall. (C)

- Tommy Rich walks up to a woman at ringside and plants her with a nice kiss. She screams in adulation. (D+)

- Non-title match: Tommy Rich defeated The Iron Sheik in 15:30 by pinfall with a Bionic Elbow. (C+)

- Larry Zybysko is out, and he talks about being better than 99% of the people in this arena. He trashes the crowd and even talks about how Texas is nothing but a breeding ground for hicks. (C+)

- Non-title match: Larry Zbyszko defeated Terry Taylor in 14:54 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (C-)

Final Rating: C
Attendance: 970
Comments:

- The show increases our popularity in the MidSouth. Yay!
- Terry Taylor actually didn't do bad in the main event against Zybysko. I will be looking to push him further up the card if he can keep up with the big boys.
- Lane and Adams had a good match, I'm looking for more from them in the future.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #16
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW Business:

- Paul Orndorff has accepted a deal with the WWF. He has given his notice and will be leaving in 7 days.
- Jake Roberts has accepted a deal with the WWF. He also has given his notice and will be leaving in 7 days.
- Five different stations say that they don't have enough room for another wrestling program in their lineup.
- We make talent trades with MidSouth Championship Wrestling:

Junk Yard Dog for Ole Anderson (1 appearance)
Butch Reed for The Iron Sheik (1 appearance)

Saturday, Week 1, mAY, 1983
Oman Arena, Jackson, TN (SouthEast)
Event Size: LIVE TV

Advertised On Card:

- The Spoiler vs. Terry Taylor
- Jake Roberts vs. Ronnie Garvin
- Paul Orndorff vs. Bob Orton Jr.
- National Television Title: Tommy Rich vs. Buzz Sawyer

Pre-show:

- Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware defeated The Lightning Express in 5:13 when Koko B. Ware defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with a Brainbuster. (C-)

- Stan Lane defeated Joe Lightfoot in 4:31 by pinfall. (C)

- Chris Adams defeated Pez Whatley in 3:31 by pinfall with The Super Kick. (C-)

Show:

- Jim Barnett opens the show and announces tonight's main event: Tommy Rich vs. Buzz Sawyer for the National Television Title! (C)

- Bob Orton Jr. defeated Paul Orndorff in 4:36 by pinfall with The Superplex. Orton blatantly cheated throughout the match, making Orndorff look completely defenseless. (C-) After that match, Orton adds insult to injury by attacking Orndorff while he's down (C-)

- Gordon Solie is backstage, and he's with the Rock and Roll Express. They charm the ladies at ringside, and talk about themselves and why they're here in GCW: The National Tag Team Titles (C-) Paul Ellering then shows up, and he's got the Road Warriors with him. He puts down the RNR Express and says that they are a joke compared to his Warriors. There is some tension, but Ellering and his boys walk away, with Paul leaving a warning to stay out of their way. (C)

- Terry Taylor defeated The Spoiler in 7:55 by pinfall with a Sunset Flip. (C-)

- We are backstage again, and Gordon Solie gives us Stan Hansen. Hansen talks about last week, and he says that he knows that he deserves another shot at Zybysko's title. (B) Gordon Solie has a video of Larry Zybysko, and it plays. Zybysko says that he expects Hansen to ask for a rematch, and he REFUSES any kind of rematch! He already defended the title once, and Hansen proved that he was NOT worthy. (B+)

- Ronnie Garvin defeated Jake Roberts in 9:36 by pinfall with a Hands of Stone Punch. (B+)

- Gordon Solie talks about the up-coming match between Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer. He points out the history between these two men. (B)

- National Television Title: Tommy Rich drew with Buzz Sawyer in 30:00 when the time limit expired. Tommy Rich makes defence number 2 of his National Television title. (A*)

TV Rating: 2.64
Attendance: 4,778
Comments:

- Orndorff and Roberts have done their respective J.O.B.s, and will job once again come next week.
- Terry Taylor had another decent match.
- Our lower-midcard seems strong enough to have people elevate into being worth a storyline. Chris Adams and Stan Lane come into mind.
- Eaton and Koko are a good tag-team, and it will be interesting to see how they figure in the brewing Road Warriors vs. RnR Express feud.
- Wow. That main event kicked ass on so many levels.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 09-09-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Loved the main event. Keep it going.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #18
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Tuesday, Week 2, May, 1983
Convention Center, South Padre Island, TX (MidSouth)
Advertised Matches:

Chris Adams vs. Jake Roberts
Paul Orndorff vs. Stan Lane
National Tag Team Titles: The Road Warriors vs. Mr. Wrestling II and Bob Armstrong
Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich vs. Larry Zybysko and Buzz Sawyer

Pre-show:

- Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware defeated The Rock and Roll Express in 7:50 when Koko B. Ware defeated Robert Gibson by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (D+)

Show:

- Chris Adams defeated Jake Roberts in 8:04 by pinfall with The Super Kick. (C+)

- Stan Lane defeated Paul Orndorff in 7:36 by pinfall. Lane and Orndorff's styles do not mesh well. (D+)

- Paul Ellering is out and he hypes the tag champs, the Road Warriors. He says they'll destroy Bob Armstrong and Mr. Wrestling tonight. (D+) The Road Warriors defeated Mr. Wrestling II and Bullet Bob Armstrong in 4:41 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong by pinfall with a Flying Shoulder Tackle. The Road Warriors make defence number 2 of their National Tag Team titles. (C-)

- Tommy Rich and Stan Hansen are out and they hype up this crowd! (B-) Larry Zybysko and Buzz Sawyer show up to poop on their party, and taunt the crowd. (B-) Larry Zbyszko and Buzz Sawyer defeated Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich in 14:43 when Tommy Rich was disqualified while fighting Larry Zbyszko. (B)

Attendance: 830
Comments:

- The show increases our popularity in the MidSouth region.
- I think this is the last night for Jake and Orndorff. Their contracts are up in 3 days. If they do make it into the Saturday show, they will do jobs... AGAIN.