Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #951
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Hm, that's actually not a very convincing clear of Lathum.

huh?

I am as cleared as cleared can be.

I would chose Path at this point but I wanna review some posts from swaggs
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #952
hoopsguy
General Manager

I can also clear Lathum on Night 3 as I was protecting him.

I agree with Lathum, insofar as the only case I can build for him is either as a cunning wolf or a convert. We don't know that either mechanic is in the game, so at this point I don't think he is a high-value vote.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #953
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'll be around for a few hours before the deadline (and then be gone at the deadline, as I have to pickup my wife from the airport). So, I'll at least have a chance for some dialogue after work tonight.

Right now, I'm still focussed in on hoops and path. I'm hoping we get to hear from Path and JE by the time I get back.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #954
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm guessing no conversions, since there have been kills every night. If there was a conversion and there are three avatars, we are probably screwed since they can vote together today and probably get someone to pile on/screw up (since there isn't a perfectly clear candidate at this point).
Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #955
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, do you have any questions for me? I understand that you want to evaluate me vs Path in context of both of us replying, but since we are both here I'm willing to answer anything in particular about me that is bothering you.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #956
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Swaggs, do you have any questions for me? I understand that you want to evaluate me vs Path in context of both of us replying, but since we are both here I'm willing to answer anything in particular about me that is bothering you.

Not really, you have been pretty forthcoming.

I just feel like you or path are very, very likely to be an avatar based on that vote with Clap. Cronin feels a little trust towards path, but you have been more transparent with your actions, in my opinion.

I want to hear from the few guys that haven't checked in yet, but I will be voting for one of you two when I get home, unless JE names someone else that he IDed last night.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #957
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, did you block me last night? Just trying to work my way through the list of people who are denying it ...
Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #958
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm guessing no conversions, since there have been kills every night. If there was a conversion and there are three avatars, we are probably screwed since they can vote together today and probably get someone to pile on/screw up (since there isn't a perfectly clear candidate at this point).

unless Saldana had a night kill
Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #959
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
To add one thing to the day notice.

The spirit of SnDvls was seen briefly during the night. His spirit was in horrid condition, looking even more battered and beaten than he did in life.

If someone is actuallly talking to the spirit of SnDvls please ask them about me - I know he trusted me and that he can vouch for me sending the Ethereal Servant to look at him on Night 1. That stuff is all in the thread, but I would expect that SnDvls would reiterate the same.

If someone isn't performaing a seance (sp?) with him then I have no idea what this means.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #960
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops, how many Avatars do you think are left?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #961
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I'm not sure. I would guess two (3 seems like right starting number with 15 players) but maybe it is one and another independent?

Swaggs has seemed intent on finding Humans, so the fact that he keeps asking about this makes me believe that there is another one out there. If that is the case, 1 Avatar and 1 Human adds up for me.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #962
hoopsguy
General Manager

I believe I have the only vote in at this point. Vote count as of Post #961:

Path - Hoops (901)
Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #963
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, and you feel Path is the Avatar?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #964
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, as we are the only two left who voted for MrW over Clap in their Avatar/Elemental showdown. I know I'm an Elemental, so if Clap is an Elemental then it means that the Avatars made no effort to save their own in a 5-4 vote.

I recognize that Path can/will use the exact same argument to come after me.

Here are the potential flaws with the theory, such as it is:
- Swaggs voted Saldana, never came back
- Cronin votes Clap, didn't come back late

So I suppose you could argue that one of these two are an Avatar, but I don't think that is anywhere close to the simplest explanation. The simplest explanation is that Path is an Avatar, which is why I have my vote on him.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #965
hoopsguy
General Manager

Above - "if Clap is an Elemental" should read "if Path is an Elemental"
Old 12-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #966
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well if Path is the sole Avatar, and you blocked him last night then how was there a kill?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #967
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

wait, I read something wrong
Old 12-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #968
hoopsguy
General Manager

No, I was blocked from killing him. I had every intention of not getting into this discussion today because I would take care of matters myself.

I most definitely did not block him.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #969
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Cronin, do you have the ability to scan another player?
Old 12-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #970
hoopsguy
General Manager

Still haven't heard from either Path or Jonathan. No word from Jonathan since, what, Friday? This is a pretty frustrating part of werewolf - when you invest a week to get into end-mode and then have the game slow to a crawl from lack of participation.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #971
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops, do you remember if Cronin has mentioned scanning anyone this game?
Old 12-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #972
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I originally had: 1 bodyguard action, 1 duke action, 1 uber-bodyguard action (would protect somebody from everything, not just attack), and 1 other action.

Night 1: bodyguarded myself, had my uber-bodyguard ability downgraded
Day 2: duked the vote
Night 3: bodyguarded myself again

Lathum, I don't recall Cronin saying he viewed anyone. Here is what he reported this morning as his actions for the first three days. He did not want to share his activity for last night.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #973
path12
Coordinator

Sorry for not being around, I'm about 18 hours into a 102 fever that judging by the rest of my family has another 10-12 hours to go. I really have no idea what's going on, and if I need to be replaced I understand, but I'm not gonna have a chance to catch up for awhile.

Sorry again.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #974
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, you could make it easier for the rest of us - and not have to catch up much - by just confessing you are an Avatar

Sorry you aren't feeling well. I just kicked stomach flu (that travelled around our household) last week.

If you are going to play through, what did you do each of the last four nights? And are you as convinced I'm an Avatar as I am that you are one?
Old 12-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #975
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Night 1, SnDvls performed an action on me. This action was very accurately described by path as something that happened to him, as well, that same night. It was never revealed who did that to path.

Now, path could be bad if:

1. Avatars have the same abilities as elementals, and somebody who is dead did something to him. Based on clap's play, it seems unlikely that avatars and elementals ahve the same sort of abilities. But, I'm really not sure - the opening post describes them as "scary things" that can do "bad stuff," or something.

2. Alternately, path, as an avatar, may have had some ability to read my pm (or SnDvls pm, I suppose).

No comment on this from anybody yet?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #976
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think Cronin is the avatar

VOTE ST.CRONIN
Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #977
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, here are my thoughts on the above:

1. It would have to be equally true if I was an Avatar as I've demonstrated multiple powers that have been validated by people - N1 w/SnDvls and N3 w/Lathum. I accept that this is part of the fabric of the rules.

2. I don't think we need to go down #2 since I agree with #1

The only part that bothers me about #1 in the case of Path is that no one has copped to using their power on Night 1 against Path.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #978
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, does your vote for Cronin mean that you think both Path and I are Elementals (or at least not Avatars)?

You might be right on Cronin, but I'm looking to see you spell out your argument why this is the best way to go with today's vote.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #979
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Because Cronin ALWAYS assumes I am a wolf. Always.

He has completly left me alone this game, so he must be a wolf.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #980
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, here are my thoughts on the above:

1. It would have to be equally true if I was an Avatar as I've demonstrated multiple powers that have been validated by people - N1 w/SnDvls and N3 w/Lathum. I accept that this is part of the fabric of the rules.

2. I don't think we need to go down #2 since I agree with #1

The only part that bothers me about #1 in the case of Path is that no one has copped to using their power on Night 1 against Path.

It could easily have been PurdueBrad who targeted path N1.

knives out
Old 12-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #981
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, and it could have been Swaggs - who hasn't said much at all about what he has done. Or Saldana, or Heinz, or probably another couple of people who are dead and haven't left information.

Either way, I think point #1 is probably accurate for the Avatars. We don't have a lot of information from Clap to support the theory, but I've been working with this assumption for a little while now.

Hopefully not just because it makes it easier for me to build a case against Path ... I try pretty hard not to get blindly locked into a direction in these games, sometimes more successfully than others.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #982
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
JE, sounds like you didn't get the cool elemental powers, as mine are entirely fish-based. I'm sure from this information that you must, in fact, be an avatar. I'll be voting for you as soon as I'm allowed to do so.

Actually, not so much. Just wanted something different to say than "elemental checking in".

Is there any value at this point in having some conversation about abilities? I honestly don't know as I read my PM if I'm a standard elemental, or if we are all going to have unique abilities. I suspect the latter, but figured I would put this out for some Day 1 group-think.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

This is just an odd post, made on day 1.

knives out
Old 12-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #983
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Sure, and it could have been Swaggs - who hasn't said much at all about what he has done. Or Saldana, or Heinz, or probably another couple of people who are dead and haven't left information.

Then I guess I don't understand why you are bothered that nobody has copped to doing it.

knives out
Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #984
st.cronin
General Manager

I haven't responded to Lathum's point yet because, quite frankly, I don't know how to. He hasn't gotten any heat from anybody in this game - the groupthink has been that Schmidty cleared him.

knives out
Old 12-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #985
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I haven't responded to Lathum's point yet because, quite frankly, I don't know how to.

lol.

this made me laugh out loud.

I <3 Cronin
Old 12-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #986
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm bothered because there was all kinds of time for people to admit to doing it if they were an Elemental. It would have helped us build some level of trust as a verifiable action.

So just to set the record straight - you are voting for me based on my variation of the "villager checking in" e-mail? Or the fact that I thought early in the game that there might be some benefit to talking about our abilities in a general sense? Because if you want to construct an argument for me that seems like a bizarre place to start.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #987
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll give you another reason why Lathum is likely to be a good guy, fwiw. He doesn't come after me early in games as a bad guy. But he definitely was chasing after me the first couple of days. Now it is entirely possible that he has made some adjustments to his playing style (this is not the first game where I've mentioned this trait) but that made me feel pretty good about Lathum even before Schmidty cleared him.

And, as long as I'm talking meta-game, I feel very nervous about Cronin being around with me when we are down to the final six. I've played this version of werewolf out before as a villager and he was a wolf that time. He doesn't have any qualms about leaving me around in games when he is a bad guy, something that is not universally true for FOFC players/wolves.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #988
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #987:
Path - Hoops (901)
Cronin - Lathum (976)
Hoop - Cronin (982)
Old 12-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #989
hoopsguy
General Manager

Final note - I'll likely have limited availability this evening as I'll be Christmas shopping for the next couple of hours.

If I don't make it back before the deadline I hope I'm not returning to find myself lynched. I'm not too worried about this happening if there is only one Avatar, but if there are two then it could get pretty dicey. I hope that people will strongly consider voting for Path and not allowing the vote to get split among three candidates (as it is right now).
Old 12-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #990
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm bothered because there was all kinds of time for people to admit to doing it if they were an Elemental. It would have helped us build some level of trust as a verifiable action.

So just to set the record straight - you are voting for me based on my variation of the "villager checking in" e-mail? Or the fact that I thought early in the game that there might be some benefit to talking about our abilities in a general sense? Because if you want to construct an argument for me that seems like a bizarre place to start.

I have to vote for somebody, and I can't bring myself to vote for any of the other players.

knives out
Old 12-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #991
Swaggs
Coordinator

Well crap.

Nothing provided from Path (BTW, sorry you are not feeling well) or JE?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #992
Swaggs
Coordinator

Lathum, can you come out and say if you IDed st cronin or not?

I'm not trying to come to cronin's defense or draw attention to myself, but I'm a little nervous about diverging from path or hoops (based solely on the Clap vote).
Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #993
hoopsguy
General Manager

Christmas shopping sucks - I'm not finding much in the way of deals and money is a bit tight. Oh well.

I've got about a 10-15 minute window before I'm on the move again. Any last minute questions?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #994
st.cronin
General Manager

Just one. I have good reasons for not voting for everybody but hoops and Swaggs. I know you don't want me voting for you, but can you make a case for or against Swaggs?

knives out
Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #995
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, for what it is worth I'm getting a fair amount paranoid about how this is going to shake out at the end. I won't be around at the deadline and this smells like a scenario that could end very badly for us with a late vote switch.

That said, I'm not sure who I more worried about sniping me - you or Lathum. Different reasons for each, I guess. But it is frustrating having one of the guys I do strongly feel is on my team (Jonathan) turn into a no-show. It really does change the dynamic down the stretch.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #996
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Just one. I have good reasons for not voting for everybody but hoops and Swaggs. I know you don't want me voting for you, but can you make a case for or against Swaggs?

Well, you are asking me to make a case against a guy who I think is probably my 3rd choice to be an Avatar in a game where I'm just about sure there are not that many Avatars. But sure, here it is.

- hasn't published his actions all game long
- almost certainly has some agenda that is tied to Humans. I don't know for sure what this means in terms of Elemental/Avatar, but have been giving him the benefit of the doubt
Old 12-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #997
Swaggs
Coordinator

Hoops, I'm really not sure to go. I feel like you are trying to help us win, so I'm hesitant to vote for you, but cronin is on you and path will presumably be on you. Looks like cronin is not interested in path, so he is stuck between me and you.

I will let you guys know that I was in contact with SnDvls last night. He was able to pass a power to me last night. That is what I was doing last night, if it helps.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #998
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs did you initiate the action with Sn?

knives out
Old 12-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #999
Swaggs
Coordinator

Yes, I did.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #1000
hoopsguy
General Manager

Last note, for what it is worth. I've got two powers left since Warlord's explanation about blocked actions applies to me from last night (my interpretation, probably should check to be 100% sure).

Rhino - going to get to complete a night kill
Yak - add a vote to one player

Both of those could potentially be very useful if we make it to tomorrow. Particularly the vote, as I'm not certain we would have wiggle room to make it through two bad lynches. But I'm going to be an ally that the other Elementals want to have on any day other than Trout/Squid.