Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2003, 08:59 AM   #1
Havok
College Starter

sigh......CM4

[rant]Everytime i start likeing this game something happens that completely ruins it for me.

I start a game with Florentia Viola in Italian Series C2/b. I make a bunch of good signing and completely dominate my first year and win the Italian Series B cup. I get promoted to C1/A and kick ass there also. WInning the Series B cup (i think thats what its called) again and make it to the semi finals of The main Itailan cup(the big one).

Every thing is going great but since i was playing in 2 cups for so long and playing my league games my guys were super tired at times and it cost me my first league loss ever and a few ties.I come up 1 point of winning series C1/A but i win the playoff easy and promote to Series B. Now im up with the big dogs and i made a 8 million dollar profit for my club this last year so im expecting a huge transfer budget. I've got the guys picked up that i wanna sign and im ready to go.

So July 1st comes and the new season still hasn't started. Im waiting for my new transfer budget and this years league match-ups but nothing happens. In my fixtures screen i see this years cup games but no league games. So i just keep simulating hoping that the new season will start.

Now its Setptember 1st and i've played 3 cups games already and still no season. So basically i can't play the game anymore. Somehow it managed to get screwed up and never start my third season.

Now in most sports sim games this would piss me off but it won't be the end of the world. But CM4 takes FOREVER!!! to do 1 season. I've been playing this same career for a month now. And now its lost. Hours and hours of my time down the drain.

Im playing with EP3 installed, im not sure there's a EP4 but that doesn't matter. If there's still game stopping bugs in a game after 3 patches its got serious problems. I hate to be negative about CM4 since so many people love it but this just ruined my morning. I put so muich time and effort into this career, just to have it all thrown away my some stupied bug.

I seriously doubt there is a way to fix this, but if Marc or anyone else has had this happen and you know how to fix it lemme know. But if this career is lost for good (which it probally is) then my CM4 days are over. I've given this game so many chances, From being fired for no reason to the old grounds maintance bug which ruined my Lower League career. I can't keep putting so much time into somthing just to have it screw me over in the end.

[/rant]

Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:24 AM   #2
Karim
College Starter

I feel your pain. The amount of time it takes to play one season makes something like this unacceptable really.

I remember reading over at SI that there was still a bug with one of the leagues not having a fixture list. That sounds like it might be Italy.

I really hope Marc can help on this one...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:41 AM   #3
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

There is unfortunately a bug in the Italian league which means very occassionally it doesn't spawn a new seasons fixtures (this is somewhat random and is dependant upon a certain summer competition being active (World Cup as I recall) and a combintation of delayed fixtures occuring).

This is fixed in the forthcomign EP#4 patch which will be available by the end of this month.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Marc
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:10 AM   #4
Havok
College Starter

not what i wanted to hear but thanx for the fast response.

Quote:
This is fixed in the forthcomign EP#4 patch which will be available by the end of this month.

to little to late
Old 06-25-2003, 10:55 AM   #5
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Mr. Havok - Did you recieve my PM by the way?
Old 06-25-2003, 11:28 AM   #6
Havok
College Starter

just read it and responed
Old 06-25-2003, 03:01 PM   #7
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Vaughan
There is unfortunately a bug in the Italian league which means very occassionally it doesn't spawn a new seasons fixtures (this is somewhat random and is dependant upon a certain summer competition being active (World Cup as I recall) and a combintation of delayed fixtures occuring).

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Marc

That mean that EP4 will be out by next Monday, the final day of this month?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:26 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sundancer is a quick study, methinks.

Actually, SIGames seems to have a history of releasing EPs on Fridays apparently, and we know it is being tested at the moment and has been in the process of doing so for a little while already. So the common wisdom at sigames.ocm'c Community Forums is that we could see it this Friday.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:45 PM   #9
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

To start a new game or not...
Old 06-25-2003, 09:19 PM   #10
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'm not starting a new game with EP4. I'm having a heck of a lot of fun with West Ham in 2006. I love the challenge of having to beat the big boys in the Premiership. We had to offload Joe Cole and Michael Carrick for a combined 20 million pounds because they wouldn't sign new contracts. Now we have to somehow do well enough to attract solid players in spite of Chairman Brown's tightwad wage budget. It's the end of March and we're sitting in 7th primed for a UEFA Cup slot next year. Dang, I love this game. There's always a challenge to be had.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:25 PM   #11
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

West Ham? That is no fun.

I actually started a new game with Dundee United in the Scottish Preimer League. Its a little higher that what I usually start with, but I have one of my best games of CM 00/01 ever with this team, so I figure what the heck? Ill give it a shot. The goal is to finish third every year then maybe look for a job somewhere in England.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:22 PM   #12
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I want to go to Italy or Spain worst team, overall in the lowest position. I might sit out a year, and apply for jobs when they become avaliable.

Do teams that get in the lowest "visible" conferences regelation spots (Such as English nationwide), actually get replaced with other clubs?
Old 06-25-2003, 10:41 PM   #13
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDancer

Do teams that get in the lowest "visible" conferences regelation spots (Such as English nationwide), actually get replaced with other clubs?

yes they do.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:42 PM   #14
Havok
College Starter

I love Italy LL, you can start low and slowly climb the mulitple divisons and you don't have to worry about that stupied work permit thing england has
Old 06-26-2003, 10:04 PM   #15
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I GOT IT TODAY! Yay!

I was reading the guide, and noticed "club rep". HOw does it rate it, does it change, and what does it have to do with anything?

Also, say you built a good rep as a manager, and leave to take over the worst team in Spain, would u increase the rep of that club, and ability to attract players? Does nationallity for job play a role..being British, it's easier to get a job in England, but hard to break in other nations?

Does the game have individual nation's tendencies of style of play (Italy seems defensive style, Holland seems more pass and offensive)
Old 06-26-2003, 10:30 PM   #16
Easy Mac

Each coach has his own style, so it depends on the coach. I haven't really paid attention, but theoretically, yes they should play defensively.

That being said, I started a new career with Dallas in the MLS. Currently I am sitting on top of my division with 10 goals in 4 games, with a 5 goal and a 4 goal outburst so far. I would say my attackers are adequate, and I'm playing a 3-5-2 diamond. I have yet to loose, and don't think I've actually lost in the 20-30 games I've played in CM4 so far since I got it. Kind of disheartening. I couldn't even lose with Calgary of the A-League, who has 8 players at the start, none with any talent. Basically play attacking at home and a defensive counter on the road, and you can expect to win and tie, respectively.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 02:38 AM   #17
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Easy Mac - I am presuming your game is unpatched to EP#3 ? - as that removed a flaw in the defensive flaw AI which made 'Gung Ho' and overly attacking tactics too effective.