Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #1051
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

It's always nice to come in to work in the morning and see everyone voting for the person you wanted to vote for. Makes a guy feel kinda smart

Vote Swaggs
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #1052
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

FTR

0) Safari, driver killed, crazy guy escapes to jungle. Choose to drive jeep back
1) Ruins, nothing happened, saw no one in particular
2) Shipwreck snorkeling, nothing happened, saw no one in particular
Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #1053
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I don't have light to shed on it yet. I met my requirement - not sure if there would have been punishment for not doing so, or if there is an upcoming reward for doing so. I guess it could have been solely for Alan's amusement, but as of right now I don't have any info that I haven't already shared.

So nothing happened, he just told you to do it?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #1054
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm all for lynching Swaggs instead of me, in fact he was one of the people I considered voting for yesterday. But I think we need to hear from Swaggs first.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #1055
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'm all for lynching Swaggs instead of me, in fact he was one of the people I considered voting for yesterday. But I think we need to hear from Swaggs first.

I agree. I'm still not sure I understand what the argument is against Swaggs, anyway? Can someone lay it out again for me?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #1056
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I agree. I'm still not sure I understand what the argument is against Swaggs, anyway? Can someone lay it out again for me?

Lathum claims somebody cut the ropes tying the boat to the dock. He thinks it must have been somebody ON the boat, and, apparently, Swaggs was on the boat. Seems pretty tenuous to me.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #1057
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

The argument is this.

Basically
1.Lathum said he was hungover and didnt leave the boat.
2. Lathum later says while on the boat someone cut the ropes and he fixed them.
3.Swags says he stayed back because he was hungover and couldnt leave the boat.
3. Lathum says he had the option to leave but didnt. Thus swags saying he didnt have the option to leave was a lie.
4. Swags lied thus he probably cut the ropes.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #1058
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Now answer my question. Can we leave the boat today?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #1059
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

For me, it's a couple things.

First, when he went after me yesterday it seemed forced. Like he *really* wanted me out. Don't know if that has anything to do with SY's allegiences (who is the only other person I came in today thinking of voting for) but it was a little too overly agressive from someone with nothing to gain.

Secondly, I think Lathum said that he basically made up that he was too hungover and had to stay on the ship, but then Swaggs used that same line. So one of the two is lying or it's a rather large coincidence.

Thirdly, Lathum's story about the ropes being cut, and thinking someone had to be on the boat to do that (which makes sense to me), that adds suspicion on those that stayed on the boat yesterday, which Swaggs did.

I think that's the case, or at least how I read it (hope it was proper!)
Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #1060
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

yes.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #1061
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post

I think we can, he gave us excursion options, didn't he?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #1062
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Why wouldn't we be able to?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #1063
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Because of the legal troubles. Werent we originally supposed to make our next stop today?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #1064
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
For me, it's a couple things.

First, when he went after me yesterday it seemed forced. Like he *really* wanted me out. Don't know if that has anything to do with SY's allegiences (who is the only other person I came in today thinking of voting for) but it was a little too overly agressive from someone with nothing to gain.

Secondly, I think Lathum said that he basically made up that he was too hungover and had to stay on the ship, but then Swaggs used that same line. So one of the two is lying or it's a rather large coincidence.

Thirdly, Lathum's story about the ropes being cut, and thinking someone had to be on the boat to do that (which makes sense to me), that adds suspicion on those that stayed on the boat yesterday, which Swaggs did.

But why would Swaggs want *you* out in particular?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #1065
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

You also should all review the local pamphlet as tommorrow you will have another day in GeorgeTown to adventure:

Grand Cayman is one of a group of three magnificent tropical islands Christopher Columbus called "Las Tortugas" (the turtles) for the sea creatures he found in the ocean water. The designation did not endure, however, for on later maps the islands were labeled the Caimanau, the Carib Indian word for "crocodile." The name "Caimanas" refers inaccurately to the iguanas native to the islands, which were perhaps at one point mistaken for crocodiles. Among other attractions, visitors to the island will enjoy learning about the turtles, visiting the town of Hell, exploring Seven-Mile Beach and enjoying the undersea world.

- Snorkle with stingrays at Stingray City Sandbar
- Stop at the Conch Shell House, constructed entirely of the trumpet shells of the mollusk
- Visit the Tutle Farm, an interactive sea-turtle nursery where green and hawksbill turtles are bred and raised.
- Paddle along Grand Cayman's world-renowned Seven-Mile Beach on a kayaking adventure
- Experience a bird's-eye perspective of Grand Cayman on an exciting flightseeing tour.
- Explore a historic shipwreck while snorkeling the beautiful Cayman waters.
- Go shopping in George Town and see why Grand Cayman is humorously referred to as "Brand Cayman" by those savvy shoppers who know the island's reputation for fabulous prices on designer merchandise.

Turn 4 has begun, this is a voting turn in which you must vote someone off of the ship. Obviously anyone who currently is not on the ship or whom has been removed from the game can not be chosen for a vote. You also will want to PM me choices for your adventure tommorrow

Deadline is 3:00pm EST Thursday

Looks to me like we can...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #1066
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Turn 4 has begun, this is a voting turn in which you must vote someone off of the ship. Obviously anyone who currently is not on the ship or whom has been removed from the game can not be chosen for a vote. You also will want to PM me choices for your adventure tommorrow

Post 963. We can leave the boat.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #1067
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
But why would Swaggs want *you* out in particular?

Well, the theorist in me is because I still believe SY to be bad, and it was basically me vs SY yesterday. So getting me lynched instead of him would be preferable.

To be a devil's advocate to that though, his pressing was slightly more overt than a wolf would want to come out as to help another wolf. Slightly.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #1068
st.cronin
General Manager

I am planning to leave the boat.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #1069
st.cronin
General Manager

Not knowing if SY was bad or not is unfortunate ... hopefully we find out soon.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #1070
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, the theorist in me is because I still believe SY to be bad, and it was basically me vs SY yesterday. So getting me lynched instead of him would be preferable.

To be a devil's advocate to that though, his pressing was slightly more overt than a wolf would want to come out as to help another wolf. Slightly.

I can see that. Since SY was taken away by police, it means he could have been up to no good, and was a baddie. Although, from a gaming aspect, it's not very much fun it one of the bad guys is caught by the police instead of us! But then again, since his role wasn't revealed, I guess he's not really out of the game after all -- so he could still be not part of the underground, but was just caught snooping where he shouldn't have been, or something lame like that.

Anyway, I'm inclined to agree with your analysis -- I just don't think another vote on Swaggs does now at this moment, but if his explanation isn't satisfactory, my vote will definitely go there.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #1071
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Not knowing if SY was bad or not is unfortunate ... hopefully we find out soon.

He might still be bad but on the second voting day right before he was supposed to be voted off he passed me the other half to my necklace, as it was only half of a necklace. This gives him some credibitlity.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #1072
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Thinking about this some more. If SY is bad, I think we can use this to really clear some people (none of which are me ). When I voted for you, that made it 5-4 with a little over an hour to go, but a real run on SY developed, and it was something like 7-3 at deadline.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #1073
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Thinking about this some more. If SY is bad, I think we can use this to really clear some people (none of which are me ). When I voted for you, that made it 5-4 with a little over an hour to go, but a real run on SY developed, and it was something like 7-3 at deadline.

Yeah, realistically, just knowing the allegience of some people could really help. The wrench in that is the (assumed) conversion of people as we go.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #1074
path12
Coordinator

My whereabouts:

0 -- went to Playa Mia Beach, saw nobody, no options, fell asleep.
1 -- stayed on the boat, couldn't pick an excursion
2 -- went snorkeling by the shipwreck, crowded but saw nobody and had no options.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #1075
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
The argument is this.

Basically
3.Swaggs says he stayed back because he was hungover and couldnt leave the boat.
4. Lathum says he had the option to leave but didnt. Thus swags saying he didnt have the option to leave was a lie.
5. Swags lied thus he probably cut the ropes.

At first, I wasn't buying the theory that Swaggs was bad , just because Lathum was saying some ropes were cut. But that was because I wasn't remembering the items #3 and #4 above. So two have 2 suspicious things on your head is a heck of a lot more to go on than I see for anyone else. That makes the vote at this time pretty easy. Anything can change in the next 3 hours though.

VOTE SWAGGS
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #1076
path12
Coordinator

It seems a pretty easy vote.

VOTE SWAGGS
Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #1077
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, realistically, just knowing the allegience of some people could really help. The wrench in that is the (assumed) conversion of people as we go.

Conversion is usually a factor, but one that I think is overrated and makes it too easy make a case for or against anyone. When I hear a lot of talk from someone about that I usually assume they're a wolf trying to confuse things.

Not that you've talked about it at all until now. Just a general comment.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #1078
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Conversion is usually a factor, but one that I think is overrated and makes it too easy make a case for or against anyone. When I hear a lot of talk from someone about that I usually assume they're a wolf trying to confuse things.

I think in a more typical game, you're right.

I think in this game is lends a bit more creedence under the supposition that we all (or mostly all) started out as vanilla villagers.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #1079
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

I do think its important to keep in mind that in this game all wolves are converted wolves.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #1080
st.cronin
General Manager

outta my head heiny

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #1081
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

"So someone gets arrested, and we're stuck here another day? Work might not like that, but I digress....waiter, uhm, garcon,...no that's French...mar-uh, margarita....so this chaos, yes...much like Shiva, you know, god of creation /and/ destruction...which is quite nice...y'know because if you create something, then you don't like it, you can get rid of it...because if you are just the god of creation, then man, where are you going to stick all the rejects...(drink) well...so someone is claiming to have cut the ropes, or tried to....not a very good idea, no...I'm guessing one outing the other...it makes for a rather interesting claim...so I'll follow Mr. Lathum's thinking for this one..."

Vote Swaggs
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #1082
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
WOW - you guys were busy last night!!!! I think I'm caught up, but would appreciate a vote count if anyone has one.

I rec'd NFG's item and it does match mine, so I do have a completed item, and this puts NFG into a COT for me...I really don't think that Alan would give a piece of this item to a wolf...

I will be submitting my destination for the day shortly, and will vote shortly also - I'm leaving about 12:30 or so and will be gone until after 3 pm. However at this point I am not planning on going to the hospital tonight so I will be around this evening before deadline and will be able to get any information to Alan if I have any kind of decision to make...I'm also going to give him my AIM ID so he can get me that way if he needs to

I'm very glad that SY is gone, he was really defensive and I never really saw where he needed to be. I understand it's hard to be the one that people suspect, and most peoples initial reaction is to get really defensive, but in ww that just makes things worse most of the time. I don't know, he just was really pinging my radar so we'll see what happens.

Not sure who to vote for, if someone wants to recap the last 24 hours and make a case for why I should vote one way or the other, please do...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #1083
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
outta my head heiny

But it's so warm...yet crowded...hrm.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #1084
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Olie, here is the current case against Swaggs.

As far as a count, I don't have one, but I'd estimate it's like 9+ for Swaggs and 2-3 for Cronin
Old 04-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #1085
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I do think its important to keep in mind that in this game all wolves are converted wolves.

Fair point. I was talking generally rather than this particular game, which really makes the original comment totally worthless now that I think about it......
Old 04-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #1086
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I hope we get enough votes this time. Not getting a lynch really upsets me.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #1087
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I hope we get enough votes this time. Not getting a lynch really upsets me.

tre, but it also makes the vote analaysis less valuable, since people will swithc, just to ensure somethign happens. I dont buy the case agasint swaggs. but.... I got nothing else

unvote cronin
vote swaggs

wish swaggs was aroudn to defned himself

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #1088
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't buy that a certain number of votes is needed to lynch somebody. First day, we had a tie - second day, it looks like we successfully lynched Sonic Youth.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #1089
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
What are hoops and pass talking about?

My collection of posts from last night. I had some rules on how to post as a way to help the elementary school teacher from the visit to see the turtles.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #1090
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
My collection of posts from last night. I had some rules on how to post as a way to help the elementary school teacher from the visit to see the turtles.

Hmm...sounds like maybe you do have some light to shed on this after all! The story unravels.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #1091
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
VOTE SWAGGS

Not overwhelming evidence, but it seems to be all we have right now on anyone.

I'm pretty much out now guys, I will try to check in on my phone but can't make any promises. Alan has my Aim ID in case of emergency.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #1092
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, I assume that was your good deed. What would the bad deed have been?

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #1093
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Hmm...sounds like maybe you do have some light to shed on this after all! The story unravels.

hoops had mentioned something about needing to do a good deed for someone there. I wonder if there is anything to hoops and Taz's spech requrements or if it has just been for fun.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #1094
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I don't buy that a certain number of votes is needed to lynch somebody. First day, we had a tie - second day, it looks like we successfully lynched Sonic Youth.

Taz pointed out that the rules are pretty clear that when we successfully lynch someone we find out their role in the game. On that basis, it sounds like no one has been lynched yet.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #1095
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Taz pointed out that the rules are pretty clear that when we successfully lynch someone we find out their role in the game. On that basis, it sounds like no one has been lynched yet.

The rules also say that a lynch is not a lynch, but is voting for somebody to be taken off the boat - which means it makes some sense that the sequence would be as it was for SY. Vote, dock, person is removed from the boat. Otherwise, how do you explain him being taken off by the police then? It doesn't seem connected to anything anybody has done.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #1096
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
The rules also say that a lynch is not a lynch, but is voting for somebody to be taken off the boat - which means it makes some sense that the sequence would be as it was for SY. Vote, dock, person is removed from the boat. Otherwise, how do you explain him being taken off by the police then? It doesn't seem connected to anything anybody has done.

I agree, but we didn't find out his role. In addition, at the end of the voting turn 2, the captain said we would not remove anyone from the boat. Then at the end of our day 3 excursions, the police came and removed SY.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #1097
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
VOTE SWAGGS

when I said I was hung over I was just saying it in characture, there was never a choice to stay on because I was hung over, I just choose to stay.

This compunded with the fact Swaggs stayed on the boat yesterday and someone had to cut the ropes is enough to get my vote.

Just catching up, but see this.

To be clear, I chose the option of getting heavily intoxicated and then overslept. My message said that I had a "horrible hangover."
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #1098
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just got caught up. Seems like an easy vote.

Vote Swaggs

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #1099
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
VOTE SWAGGS

Not overwhelming evidence, but it seems to be all we have right now on anyone.

I'm pretty much out now guys, I will try to check in on my phone but can't make any promises. Alan has my Aim ID in case of emergency.

oliegirl, nfg said he passed you an item that was half of something. When you get back, can you confirm you received it? If it does not fit what you have, can you pass it to me? Thanks!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #1100
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
The argument is this.

Basically
3.Swags says he stayed back because he was hungover and couldnt leave the boat.
3. Lathum says he had the option to leave but didnt. Thus swags saying he didnt have the option to leave was a lie.
4. Swags lied thus he probably cut the ropes.

I did not have the option of leaving the boat. I put in my order to "Explore a historic shipwreck while snorkeling the beautiful Cayman waters," but rather than getting results from that, my messaged advised that I overslept and had a horrible hangover.

I don't think Lathum is necessarily wrong or bad for suggesting that I could have cut the ropes, but he is making a poor connection. I obviously could have lied and said I went and did something, but I have been pretty forthcoming this game, in my opinion.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote