Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

ECFL Jacksonville Jaguars: An FOF MP Dynasty.

Wow. Where to start? 53 roster spots. 16 high draft picks up for grabs. A stud QB in the mix. Seven FOF-savvy opponents. Unchartered strategic territory.

I will be running the Jacksonville Jaguars in the ECFL, which is a no-frills, fast-moving FOF league that has long been discussed, but finally founded due to the initiative of MalcPow and others. The first sim is this Saturday: FA2. At the moment, none of us has a single player under contract, and we have $116.1M in cap room to spend on free agents and draft picks--and there are some worthy players and picks available. I'll begin detailing those in the next post, probably tomorrow morning.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Ben E Lou

Quote:
1:13:30 pm [QuikSand]: there will never be a bigger
stage in any league ever... than this first stage of
the ECFL

That sums it up.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
Ben E Lou

I've got a good chunk of time to myself tonight and tomorrow morning. I'll be posting some player cards of free agents. With eight teams' worth of talent having been completely dumped into the pool, and an above-average draft class at some key positions, this is going to be wild. I've got a chunk of down time tonight and tomorrow morning. I won't go into my strategies until after the stage file is released, but I'll post some screenies of the better players.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Ugh. I was hoping for some insight into your thinking.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Ugh. I was hoping for some insight into your thinking.
Well, right now, I don't HAVE thinking. I don't mind sharing how I plan to approach it:

1. Evaluate the draft class to see where the "breakpoint" picks are, meaning that if don't feel there's a significant dropoff from pick x to pick x+y, I'll focus on landing pick x+y.

2. Evaluate the free agency group to determine which players could be "cornerstone" guys for the franchise.

3. Based on the draft class and free agency evaluations, decide if I want to spend a large portion of the cap this year on a small handful of key players and fill out the rest of the roster cheaply, or if I want to spread out my cap room on landing 22 decent starters, knowing that by doing so I'd be unlikely to land any star players.

4. Set a budget according to the answer to #3.

5. Be prepared to be flexible if the first file comes out and others' offers force me to alter my course.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Seems like a sensible course of action. That basically summarizes my line of thinking as well. I plan on spending a few hours tonight with finalizing steps 1-4 and submitting my file.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-18-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I plan on spending a few hours tonight with finalizing steps 1-4 and submitting my file.

Same here. The monthly ladies' Bunco get-together in our subdivision is tonight, so while the wife's out, I'll be working on this hard and heavy.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Yea, my thinking is along the same lines. And like you, the lady is out for the day so that means the ECFL Vikings will be having a loooong strategy meeting today.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
knolysis
n00b

Thanks for taking the time to write this up in a dynasty. I have great interest in following how this experiment plays out. I hope you find it rewarding.
knolysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #10
knolysis
n00b

Thanks for taking the time to write this up in a dynasty. I have great interest in following how this experiment plays out. I hope you find it rewarding.
knolysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #11
QuikSand
lolzcat

My brilliant super secret strategy will unfold tomorrow and leave SkyDog so devastated, I don't expect he will be able to continue this dynasty. So, enjoy while you can.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Somewhere out there WrongWay is still mumbling about how awesome a league that runs stages every 6 hours would be.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 04-18-2008 at 06:34 PM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #13
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
My brilliant super secret strategy will unfold tomorrow and leave SkyDog so devastated, I don't expect he will be able to continue this dynasty. So, enjoy while you can.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #14
Ben E Lou

So, uh, wow. I think the word "overwhelming" has been thrown around quite a bit. And it's appropriate. Here's a quick overview of the kind of talent that's out there in free agency.

QB
Not a ton, compared to other positions. There's a 15th-year 63/63 guy named Warren Burnett who's sure to catch on with a human-run team, and a 16/61 second-year man named Ian Kenney who'll get a shot.

RB
Four guys are out there in the 60-69 range, included 3rd-year man Winston Senter (69/69).

FB
74/74 8th-year man Robbie Roberts is at the head of the class right now, but a couple of second-year guys with mid-60s future potential will certainly get looks from human-run teams.

TE
Three guys are out there with potential of 75 or better, including 2nd-year man Butch Maxwell (52/75). 6th-year man Nolan Cooper (76/80) is the best current guy by my scout.

WR
There is no doubt that crazy money will be thrown at 3rd-year man Brant Chaudhuri (52/71) and 4th-year man Dusty Moyer (57/65). A team in win-now mode will certainly pursue 12-year veteran Carlos Wagener (60/60). Several guys rated in the 50-55 range are out there as well.

OL
There's so much available talent here that I can't get into the details, even. If someone chooses to build the offensive line, it's easy to foresee a human-run team starting 5 guys rated 65 or better.

DL
Not quite as much obvious DL talent, but some gems. The nine defensive linemen with 60 or above future, and in their 4th year or less will certainly be prized possessions.

LB
The best all-around LB in terms of current rating (74/74) is in his 11th season, so it will be most interesting to see how this position gets pursued.

DB
There are four corners with future potential of 76 or better in the FA pool, led by 7th-year man Edgar Richardson (84/84).
Old 04-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
Ben E Lou

Here's the top of the draft class.

It's not hard to imagine four or five QBs going in the first 10 picks, depending on the needs to the teams that land those high picks. Here's the entire draft class:

http://www.younglifenorthdekalb.com/...ftpreview.html
Old 04-19-2008, 04:05 AM   #16
Ben E Lou

For those who haven't grabbed ahold of the concept of bidding for draft picks (and haven't read this in the thread in the ECFL Forum), here's a visual that might help:

So, MP just found 16 stiffs and renamed them as the 16 draft picks in the first two rounds that our teams have. We are required to carry these 16 "players" on our roster until after the first training camp.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #17
Ben E Lou

OK. My export is in. I made 95 offers (included draft picks) and did 58 interviews. And my export file is roughly HALF the size of Quik's, and he says he did no interviews. MalcPow says he also did no interviews, and his export is 1/4 the size of Quik's. We're thinking he made 200-300 offers.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #18
Ben E Lou

I'm keeping a full diary of my thoughts on strategy for this early section as we go. Most of it I won't post until after the fact, but here's what I can post now:

Quote:
One thing that we did not think about is max-bonus. Everyone made a profit last season, but if the bonuses get crazy for the picks, I may be fortunate to have Jax, the third-highest profit-taker among the human-run teams:
Quote:

TEAM OWNER PROFIT (in millions)
Buffalo RedKingGold $37.3
Cleveland QuikSand $32.2
Jacksonville SkyDog $27.2
Oakland MalcPow $19.5
Minnesota JetsIn06 $17.0
St. Louis EaglesFan27 $13.0
Tampa Bay gstelmack $7.1
Washington wademoore $6.8

I'm not clear as to whether or not this will make any difference at all, as it may be that everyone made enough to offer the kinds of bonuses they want, but it certainly can't hurt us. Our max bonus is $42.95M.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-20-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:43 AM   #19
Ben E Lou

FA1-2 STAGE FILE RELEASED

We did fairly well today, landing several players who could be long-term cornerstones. Here's a full list of our signings:

NAME POS EXP CUR FUT CONTRACT COMMENTS
Winters, Chester S 3 43 71 $4.00 mil., 1yr. Solid all-around safety who can help out in run support, may get switched to SS.
Slaughter, Sam ILB 2 44 71 $6.00 mil., 1yr. Great run stopper, decent pass defense help. Pretty definite long-term solution.
Daniels, Marcus CB 2 43 68 $1.50 mil., 1yr. As is obvoius by the salary, he wasn't one of my top-tier targets. If the bars hold, he'll help with picks and coverage.
Harmon, T.J. FB 2 51 66 $2.00 mil., 1yr. Relatively low offer because of his position. Surprised he signed this early. Soild all around, including special teams.
Buckner, Brant DE 8 56 56 $5.50 mil., 1yr. Surprise no-bonus signing of a guy who had been a Jaguar. (Loyalty ftw???) Cut/trade possibility.
Belzer, Chester CB 2 25 50 $7.00 mil., 1yr. Possible screw-up here, but if he pans out like I hope, I'll be very happy here.
Lane, Dwayne QB 6 31 35 $770,000, 1yr. Veteran minimum exception offer. Surprised he signed this early. Could be a decent stopgap if I don't get a QB.

Great start for the defense, not so much on offense. If Belzer pans out in particular, grabbing 3/4 of a long-term starting secondary is clearly a good thing.

AROUND THE LEAGUE (HUMANS)

WINNERS

Cleveland (Quik)--40 signings in week one, although some incredibly redundant, like four DTs, none of whom can be moved to DE. Still, they have 29 players rated 50 or better current already. Some will need to be traded, but the bottom line is that Cleveland is an immediate contender after one stage. Nice.

Oakland (MalcPow)--Landed the guy I had tabbed as the best young WR in free agency. We were the top two bidders. I bid $25M on the guy; MP bid $28.05. Grrrrrr. The Raiders also landed a starting-quality players at RB, TE, and the other WR slot on offense, and a couple of solid players on defense. 13 signings for them overall.

Tampa Bay (gstelmack)--The Bucs nabbed the only first round pick to sign in this stage, for a very reasonable cap cost: $6M for the #6 overall.

LOSERS

It's too early to say that anyone "lost" just yet. There are still plenty of good players and picks to go around.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #20
Ben E Lou

FA1-3 STAGE FILE RELEASED

Another solid day for the Jags. 6 more signings...

NAME POS EXP CUR FUT COMMENTS
Sybrowski, Herb MLB 2 42 66 Solid all-around ILB. I signed another last stage. Either could move to the outside.
Wynn, Walter SS 2 51 65 He's a better fit at FS than SS in my estimation, and will get moved there. Great pickup.
Coleman, Fred DE 8 64 64 Mentor who had a bunch of tackles. Not the best pass rusher, but great in helping stop the run.
Hutchins, Norm SS 8 64 64 Besides KR/PR, not a single bar less than 52. High special teams rating as well.
Cassell, Glenn SE 8 52 52 Very high in GD, quite solid in RR. Could be the go-to guy in a short passing offense if we go that route. Can return kicks.
Freeman, Gino CB 2 25 44 Have to hope he'll improve, but right now he's probably only the dime back, so he's good enough.

We're pretty much set in the secondary now, and things are coming along with the rest of the defense. Skill positions on offense are coming together ok, but apparently the linemen don't like the heat in Jacksonville, or something. Overall, I'm pleased with where we are: 10 starting positions and the nickel and dime slots pretty much set, with $80M in cap room remaining, and still lots of quality players and picks out there.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #21
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

None of the picks have signed yet? All one-year offers? I can see offering some, but why not throw in a couple of 2-year deals or 3-year deals to ensure some longevity?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #22
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
None of the picks have signed yet? All one-year offers? I can see offering some, but why not throw in a couple of 2-year deals or 3-year deals to ensure some longevity?

1yr offers by rule.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #23
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
1yr offers by rule.

Ah. I just found the rules thread. Will have to gloss it over.

Edit:

Quote:
Free Agency

There will be no restrictions on offers to players in Free Agency.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 04-20-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #24
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Ah. I just found the rules thread. Will have to gloss it over.

Edit:
Well, the "players" are just proxies for picks.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:54 PM   #25
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Oh, I was questioning why you were giving out one-year offers to the non-proxies.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:22 AM   #26
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Oh, I was questioning why you were giving out one-year offers to the non-proxies.
Now that most are signed, I'll answer that. I put a ton of one-year offers out to players currently in their second and third seasons, because they will be RFAs next season, and therefore still mine. As of now, I have 41 players under contract. 20 are signed to multi-year deals, 21 are signed to one-year deals. They break down as follows.

MULTI-YEAR
2 will be RFAs next year
18 veterans

ONE-YEAR
19 will be RFAs next year
2 veterans. Both signed one-year, no-bonus contracts that qualify for the veteran minimum exception. One will get franchised, and the other may be traded.

So, of the 48 (including this season's draft picks) players I have right now, there's only the potential for one to be exposed to free agency next season. I can live with that.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 AM   #27
Ben E Lou

(Pasted from the ECFL sub-forum)

I'm pretty much done in free agency, so I'm ready to publish this. I stopped journaling after FA1-3, as there wasn't really anything new going on. The red/italicized comments are after-the-fact additions that I just stuck in a few minutes ago. Everything else was written at the time indicated.

INITIAL THOUGHTS ON DRAFT/FA STRATEGY
I'm going into this thinking that I don't want to spent the jack necessary to enter the 1(1) sweepstakes when there are at least two QBs worthy of that high a pick: Wally Schrmpf and Bryce Burton. That being said, I just checked the order and realized that an AI team with a big-time need at QB has the #2 overall pick. Burton is the #8 overall adjusted-rating player, and the #2 QB. His bars don't look very good. I'm banking on the AI taking either QB Terry Williams or a non-QB at the #2 overall, so I'm hoping to steal Burton at #3. (Called this one right. The AI took Williams at #2, but I ended up blinking on Burton and taking a WR, for reasons discussed later.) So, before having budgeted anything, the first thought is that I'll invest 40% of my available cap in the 1(3) pick. (I did end up getting the 1(3), but for considerably less money than projected: $7.5M bonus, $7.5M salary.) Now, that's not to say I won't put a big-money offer on the 1(1), just in case others decide to focus on the 1(3). Playing with this group, you never know.

One thing that we did not think about is max-bonus. Everyone made a profit last season, but if the bonuses get crazy for the picks, I may be fortunate to have Jax, the third-highest profit-taker among the human-run teams:

TEAM OWNER PROFIT (in millions)
Buffalo RedKingGold $37.3
Cleveland QuikSand $32.2
Jacksonville SkyDog $27.2
Oakland MalcPow $19.5
Minnesota JetsIn06 $17.0
St. Louis EaglesFan27 $13.0
Tampa Bay gstelmack $7.1
Washington wademoore $6.8

I'm not clear as to whether or not this will make any difference at all, as it may be that everyone made enough to offer the kinds of bonuses they want, but it certainly can't hurt us. Our max bonus is $42.95M. (We ended up putting a rule in to address the imbalance created by the previous finances, so this little sidebar turned out to be irrelevant.)

As far as FAs, my focus is going to be on getting some big red-bar guys on defense. I feel like I know enough about offensive game planning to overcome some talent deficiencies there. I'm not completely lost on defense any longer, but talent there is still more valuable to me than offense. The obvious general strategy that I'll employ here will be initially ignoring positions where there are enough good players to go around the eight of us. However, guys who will be RFAs next year seem to me to be the best focus: sign them to one-year deals now, then pick and choose which ones to sign or trade next season. The biggest prize out there (even bigger than the draft picks) may well be QB Ian Kenney—cheaper to acquire than the 1(1) or 1(3), and if he's a bust, he only hurts you for one season. Plus, he's likely to ask for quite a bit less next year than the top-dollar guys. (Definitely stuck with this strat. 17 of my 36 players under contract right now are in year 2 or 3, and I did grab Kenney.)

So, my first round of offers consists of ~$40M each for the 1(1) and 1(3), and tons of one-year offers to year 2 and year 3 studs-to-be, the biggest ones (20M and 25M) to Kenney and WR Brant Chaudhuri. (MP stole Chaudhuri from me. Grrrrrrr. I ended up getting Kenney for $11.5M.) I also throw $1.5M each at every other draft pick, on the off chance that one falls through the cracks, and I also make some cheaper offers to other players hoping to steal someone. (That didn't work.) Finally, a bunch of no-bonus bogus offers go out. It can't hurt to drive up the price on the guys I'm not interested in. (One of those guys actually signed a one-year, no-bonus deal for $5.5M. I signed two younger, better, and cheaper DEs, so that guy got released.)

From knowing the individuals involved, here's my speculation on each:

RKG/Buffalo: He's already said it, and it shocks no one: he submitted a tiny file, the smallest export submitted, and he's going long on the big pick, maybe even tanking year one, which isn't a bad strategy, really.

JetsIn06/Minnesota: Also a tiny file size, and I would have guessed before seeing it that he'd be a major player in the big sweepstakes.

QuikSand/Cleveland: The largest file submitted to date, again no surprise. He'll carpet-bomb all over the place like me, looking for the gems who slip through the cracks but sign early. He's also the type to drive up prices on guys he doesn't want. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Quik has already identified a few long-term position leaders and made his offers based on guys whose chemistry matches with a handful of guys he's going hard after.

gstelmack/Tampa Bay: He has built his WOOF team on defense, and I'd expect something similar in this league. I suspect he won't go top-dollar on the early picks.

MalcPow/Oakland: I would anticipate him going hard after the same players I am: the 2nd and 3rd year players.

wademoore/Washington: I'm guessing that Wade will spread the dollars around, but will make a strong offer on a few higher picks.

EF27/St. Louis: Sweepstakes member who I think will go after younger guys in general.

I really wouldn't be shocked if AI teams end up landing some of the high-dollar veterans this year. (They did.) Although I don't expect to sign anywhere near what I'm pursuing, I have well over 3 times the salary cap out there in offers.

So I just submitted my export. I made offers to 95 players/picks, and interviewed 58 players. My export is 3.96K, the second largest. Quik's, the largest, is 7.80K.

THOUGHTS AFTER FA1-2
Dang it! MP signed WR Chaudhuri. I really wanted him.

No one went hard on the 1(3) or on QB Kenney, so I lower those offers quite a bit ($10M to Kenney, $25M for the #3.) Considering that I have a decent stopgap, it seems like a wise course of action to make sure I have more money to build the defense.

Cleveland and Jax have the only two offers on a number of players. Cle is over the cap, but surely they'll get under. However, in hopes that I can steal some guys due to Quik being over the cap in the next stage, I offer a bunch of minsal, minbonus 2-year deals to all of the QS/SD-only guys. *shurg* Shooting the angles ftw!!! If this works, it could be HUGE for us.

THOUGHTS AFTER FA1-3
Heh. That worked like a charm. Several minsal guys who will start. I'll try it again this stage. If Quik doesn't withdraw those offers, or others don't put offers in on them soon, I should be able to build a very solid set of non-marquee starters and bench players very cheaply. Of course, I shudder to think what my holdout roll might look like next season...
Old 04-23-2008, 04:38 AM   #28
Ben E Lou

UPDATE:

The Jags have the 1(3), the 2(8), and the following players under contract:

Player Pos Exp Cur Fut Cntrct Comments
Lane, Dwayne QB 6 31 35 1 yr. Minsal veteran signed in first stage. Passable option if Kenney craps out in training camp.
Kenney, Ian QB 2 17 61 1 yr. If he shows up well in camp, he gets the ball.
Alexander, Freddie RB 8 48 48 2 yrs Veteran minimum exception, so no huge deal if he gets hit with the aging stick in camp.
Harmon, T.J. FB 2 51 66 1 yr. So, uh, an abundance at FB??? I'm hoping one of the two youngsters can lose weight and switch to RB.
Houston, Casey FB 2 47 63 2 yrs These guys are near carbon copies: lots of red, but low positional experience. I expect both to improve past their FUT.
Huddleston, Gino FB 6 43 47 2 yrs Veteran minimum. If one youngster gets position-switched or traded, he's the backup. He has good blocking skills.
Meyer, Cory TE 5 57 64 2 yrs Also an abundance at TE. Only Wynn, at $1.5M, is getting more than the veteran minimum, though. We'll see what happens.
Wynn, Jumbo TE 4 57 58 2 yrs See above.
Torres, Steven TE 7 56 56 2 yrs See above.
Newsome, Bob TE 4 44 54 2 yrs At 236, he's the lightest of the four TEs. A weight loss may see him getting a tryout at RB.
Blake, Winston SE 6 56 56 3 yrs Paid $10M per year for 3 years for him. Very strong in avoid drops, and high endurance. Should be very solid.
Cassell, Glenn SE 8 52 52 1 yr. Stole this guy early for the veteran minimum for one year. Very high getting downfield. Likely WR3 and franchisee next year.
Spriggs, Mickey SE 3 27 45 1 yr. Not a ton of reason to believe he's going to be any good, but young and cheap.
Nichols, Ken C 7 62 62 2 yrs Veteran minimum. Can long snap very well, and has “C” experience at both guards. Very solid backup C or starting guard.
Bratton, Anthony C 2 56 78 1 yr. 100 endurance, plenty of red, but fairly low positional experience. Long-term solution at center.
Rodriguez, Rusty LG 3 33 53 1 yr. Not fully sold on this guy, but he was cheap ($540K), and had a good year for a bad Buffalo team last year.
Saucier, Randy RG 3 26 52 1 yr. Position-switched from RT. Fairly raw at guard, but looks like he'll be good eventually.
Poole, Al LT 4 43 60 2 yrs Three starting-quality players with multi-million dollar contracts at tackle. May play one at guard for a year, or trade one.
Mahoney, Peter LT 2 42 68 1 yr. See above.
Cote, Donny RT 7 59 60 2 yrs See above.
Coleman, Fred RDE 5 57 61 2 yrs Perhaps the best steal in all of free agency. Young, good, and I got him for 2 years at the veteran minimum.
Sousa, Cornell RDE 2 41 61 1 yr. I'm not sure he makes it all the way to 61, but I'll be ok with anything above 50.
MacPherson, Wesley LDT 7 42 42 2 yrs Run stopper, veteran minimum. Disposable.
Charbonneau, Joseph RDT 2 33 48 1 yr. Run stopper, minsal. Also disposable.
D'Arms, Joel MLB 11 46 46 2 yrs Mentor/special teams/vetmin. I don't expect much post-camp from him.
Slaughter, Sam MLB 2 44 71 1 yr. 45/95 in run defense. If that holds, I'll be thrilled.
Sybrowski, Herb MLB 2 42 66 2 yrs All-around solid player. Very low bonus, so possible trade. Possible move to OLB.
Alston, Bernard SLB 11 47 47 2 yrs Minsal mentor. Not a lot of hope for him, but if he keeps some bars in camp, big bonus.
Rome, Ronnie WLB 5 42 42 2 yrs Nothing special. Minsal.
Daniels, Marcus RCB 2 43 68 1 yr. Looks like he may well make it into the 60s.
Freeman, Gino RCB 2 25 44 1 yr. Nickel or dime guy for now. Hoping he creeps some.
Belzer, Chester RCB 2 25 50 1 yr. I paid $7M for this guy, as I believe that he'll break out.
Hutchins, Norm SS 8 64 64 2 yrs Great red bars all around, and “B” experience at both corners. He may start at corner this year.
Wynn, Walter SS 2 51 65 1 yr. Strong ratings all around and young. Likely long-term FS.
Panko, Henry SS 6 43 46 2 yrs Vetmin backup.
Winters, Chester FS 3 43 71 1 yr. 44/100 run defense and 222-pound weight makes a move to SS very likely.

And we drafted this guy 1(3):

Given that I feel good about our QB situation, I thought it made the most sense to get a stud WR.

So, overall, we don't really have any major concerns. We have 36 players (after the cuts in the file I just exported), room to sign a few more minimum guys for now, and seven draft picks. We lose the cap hit of the draft picks after camp, so I'll likely fill out the roster then, although we do have the ability to free up some cash in FA2 if we deem that strategically advantageous.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:42 AM   #29
QuikSand
lolzcat

In retrospect, I now think my strategy was effective, but suboptimal. I overestimated the league's willingness to react quickly and decisively to available free agent players, and by filling my roster so quickly, I missed out on a ton of value in the middle FA stages -- exactly where I thought the *worst* values were going to be. My mistake. CLE is going to end up with a solid roster for right now, but we will have cap problems forever, and we're going to be weak in the positions that didn't fill quickly... sadly including QB.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #30
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
Now that most are signed, I'll answer that. I put a ton of one-year offers out to players currently in their second and third seasons, because they will be RFAs next season, and therefore still mine. As of now, I have 41 players under contract. 20 are signed to multi-year deals, 21 are signed to one-year deals. They break down as follows.

MULTI-YEAR
2 will be RFAs next year
18 veterans

ONE-YEAR
19 will be RFAs next year
2 veterans. Both signed one-year, no-bonus contracts that qualify for the veteran minimum exception. One will get franchised, and the other may be traded.

So, of the 48 (including this season's draft picks) players I have right now, there's only the potential for one to be exposed to free agency next season. I can live with that.

Bah. Didn't even consider their experience when I asked that.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:35 AM   #31
Ben E Lou

Two trades to acquire picks...

Quote:
JAX SENDS
3(3)
4(2)
2009 3rd round pick

MIN SENDS
2(3)

Quote:
The Rams trade the 3(1) pick and our 4th round pick in next year's draft to the Jaguars for LT Peter Mahoney

2(3): ILB Vince Perkins--Good bars everywhere, and combines that match up pretty well. A move to OLB is likely in his future. If we end up in a 3-4, he'll probably be the WLB. He should be more than worth the picks I traded to get him.

2(8): WR Alan Dellinger--Strong combines and VU, but the scout bars are showing voids in RR and 3rd-down catching. I say "hogwash!" I'll rework my WR situation. Dellinger will be WR3, and Connell will start this year. My guess is that Glenn Cassell is the odd man out. He's cheap, so I should probably get some decent value for him.

3(1): DT Andy Mayes--I didn't interview him, but Mayes looks like an impact player, and he plays a position of need for us. He's likely an immediate starter, and given that at this point I'd traded my third round pick, it made sense to make another trade to grab him. Given that we had three starting-quality tackles, Mahoney was the odd man out. And it was nice to pick up an additional pick next year, too.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:34 AM   #32
Ben E Lou

The players are on the roster now, and FA2-1 starts today. Here's my draft in its entirety, with the initial on-roster ratings.

1(3): SE Darren Connell (44/72)--I expect him to grow a bit from that and be my go-to WR/KR/PR for around a decade.
2(3): WILB-->OLB Vince Perkins (27/65)--A final decision hasn't been made about the 3-4, so it's undecided whether he moves to SLB or WLB. Either way, I foresee big things in his future.
2(8): SE Alan Dellinger (30/44)--He has what I believe are bogus voids/near-voids in RR and third-down catching. I suspect some nice creeping in his immediate future. Early favorite for Summer League next season.
3(1): LDT Andy Mayes (26/46)--Had strong combines and it's a position of immediate need.
5(1): FB Lawrence Horton (24/46)--Great combine performance. If he can lose weight, a switch to RB is happening. If not, I'll still give him a tryout totin' the rock.
6(4): C Leon Fisher (21/43)--Enormous (6'6", 320 pounds) center who can handle a move to guard and should grow in ratings. Gives us a bit more depth and flexibility on the OL.
7(3): WILB Jessie King (10/28)--Great combines and several people wanted him. I believe he'll creep, just not sure how much or at what position.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the roster and feel like we're set up for long-term success.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:07 AM   #33
Ben E Lou

We had an outstanding beginning to FA2, landing two young impact players on defense in the first two stages!

LDT Jason Fuller (60/81), year 3--His signing, combined with the player I need to trade to make the cap situation work out properly, makes it likely that we're a 4-3 team long-term, although there's still a decent chance that we play the 3-4 this season.

OLB Gus Garrett (44/62), 3rd year--Very good run defender and decent coverage skills.

I'm now well-stocked at every position group on defense. It appears that my primary challenge on that side of the ball for a while will be cap management. We'll start either 9 or 10 players in season 3 or younger this year on defense.

Offensively, we won't be as young, but we seem to have enough of a core of young talent to build around there as well. Looking forward to zipping through the crap stages and beginning the regular season early next week.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:15 AM   #34
Ben E Lou

Nothing else major the rest of FA2. We traded away guys who would have been backups at FB and TE, and signed some marginal guys to fill roster spots. It looks like we'll be able to afford to sign six of our seven draftees before camp, and we'll sign Connell after camp with the money freed up by releasing the 1(3) proxy. I'm pleased. We'll have a full 53-man roster, but with very little cap room to spare--exactly what I was shooting for.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #35
Ben E Lou

Preseason is over and all exports are in for regular season week 1. I reckon the first game will run whenever MP is next online.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #36
Ben E Lou

Nice win in the opener for the Jags.

Week 1, 2008

played in Houston, TX

91 degrees, rain, 12 mph wind

Jacksonville Jaguars 0 10 10 3 - 23
Houston Texans 14 0 0 0 - 14
Scoring Summary
1Q: 12:19 HOU - Bernie Reed 23 pass from Antoine Granger (Irving Nelson extra point)
1Q: 06:54 HOU - Gabe Rice 10 run (Irving Nelson extra point)
2Q: 11:53 JAX - Deon Abrams 37 field goal
2Q: 00:57 JAX - Lawrence Horton 2 run (Deon Abrams extra point)
3Q: 11:30 JAX - Deon Abrams 42 field goal
3Q: 03:47 JAX - T.J. Harmon 1 pass from Ian Kenney (Deon Abrams extra point)
4Q: 01:56 JAX - Deon Abrams 27 field goal

Game MVP: Ian Kenney, Jacksonville Jaguars

Rushing Statistics

Jacksonville Att Yards Avg LG 10+ TD
Lawrence Horton 21 127 6.05 54 3 1
Freddie Alexander 7 29 4.14 12 1 0
Ian Kenney 7 27 3.86 9 0 0
Houston Att Yards Avg LG 10+ TD
Gabe Rice 14 90 6.43 24 4 1
Rondell Walsh 7 13 1.86 9 0 0
Antoine Granger 2 11 5.50 8 0 0

Passing Statistics

Jacksonville Att Comp Yards Sk/Yd TD LG Int Rate
Ian Kenney 29 19 222 1/8 1 31 0 100.0
Houston Att Comp Yards Sk/Yd TD LG Int Rate
Antoine Granger 37 17 236 1/6 1 27 0 75.9

Receiving Statistics

Jacksonville Catch Targ Yards Avg YAC LG TD
WR Darren Connell 4 7 82 20.50 20 31 0
WR Glenn Cassell 3 4 35 11.67 5 15 0
WR Winston Blake 3 5 36 12.00 1 14 0
TE Jumbo Wynn 3 4 35 11.67 0 16 0
FB T.J. Harmon 3 4 21 7.00 8 10 1
RB Freddie Alexander 1 2 6 6.00 0 6 0
TE Steven Torres 1 1 1 1.00 0 1 0
FB Lawrence Horton 1 1 6 6.00 0 6 0
WR Alan Dellinger 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0
Houston Catch Targ Yards Avg YAC LG TD
WR Bernie Reed 6 12 111 18.50 11 27 1
FB R.J. Sanderson 3 3 19 6.33 12 9 0
WR Rod Ward 3 6 44 14.67 11 24 0
WR Gilbert Stuart 2 7 25 12.50 3 19 0
RB Gabe Rice 2 2 21 10.50 12 13 0
TE Carlos Newton 1 2 16 16.00 7 16 0
WR Renaldo Arnold 0 3 0 0.00 0 0 0
RB Rondell Walsh 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0
FB Antoine Webb 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0

Defensive Statistics

Jacksonville Tack Asst Sack RPlay PPlay
CB Marcus Daniels 8 0 0.0 22 38
CB Chester Belzer 6 0 0.0 23 38
S Norm Hutchins 5 1 0.0 21 36
ILB Sam Slaughter 4 1 0.0 23 38
DE Fred Coleman 3 1 1.0 21 37
S Chester Winters 3 1 0.0 23 38
DE Jason Fuller 3 0 0.0 22 37
OLB Gus Garrett 2 2 0.0 23 38
S Walter Wynn 2 1 0.0 21 37
OLB Bernard Alston 2 0 0.0 14 24
DT Andy Mayes 1 1 0.0 23 36
WR Darren Connell 1 0 --- --- ---
Houston Tack Asst Sack RPlay PPlay
OLB Byron Quayle 9 0 0.0 34 29
S Kerry Branch 6 0 0.0 35 29
S Thomas Yamamoto 5 3 0.0 28 28
CB Warren Abrams 5 2 0.0 31 26
DT Wayne Coggan 4 1 1.0 35 27
CB Anthony Gonsales 4 3 0.0 32 28
DE Jessie Thomason 4 1 0.0 34 29
CB Ronald Hamrick 4 1 0.0 24 21
DE Jonathan Giddens 2 1 0.0 33 28
OLB Don Boyd 2 0 0.0 11 6
ILB Nolan Hickman 1 2 0.0 32 27
CB K.C. Lewis 1 0 0.0 4 4
DT Lorenzo Garcia 1 0 0.0 9 9
DE Myron Delgado 1 0 0.0 4 5
ILB Pete Rhodes 1 0 0.0 3 3

Lawrence Horton, still listed as a FB, had a really nice day, and of course it was VERY exciting to see Kenney open up so solidly.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #37
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Interesting...when you said Horton was still listed as a fullback I was thinking he was one of the two young fullbacks you signed in FA and not the guy you drafted. I'm curious as to why you started Horton over the other two youngsters who, from what you've documented here, appear to be much more developed and overall, just better? Did training camp change that?
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #38
Ben E Lou

He's smaller, so I was thinking I had a better shot of an actual position switch. However, I didn't have him signed before camp, so I couldn't weight train him. I'll know next season.

The Jags played poorly on offense and lost today...

Detroit Lions 3 7 0 6 - 16
Jacksonville Jaguars 3 6 0 0 - 9
Scoring Summary
1Q: 04:45 JAX - Deon Abrams 22 field goal
1Q: 02:03 DET - Orlando Jefferson 40 field goal
2Q: 13:09 JAX - Deon Abrams 35 field goal
2Q: 09:42 DET - Marshall Borders 37 pass from Renaldo Barrios (Orlando Jefferson extra point)
2Q: 02:00 JAX - Deon Abrams 52 field goal
4Q: 10:30 DET - Orlando Jefferson 50 field goal
4Q: 01:17 DET - Orlando Jefferson 44 field goal

Team Statistics DET JAX
Record 2-0 1-1
First Downs 13 9
- by Rushing 4 4
- by Passing 8 5
- by Penalty 1 0
Total Net Yards 296 181
- Offensive Plays 65 48
- Yards per Play 4.55 3.77
Net Rushing Yards 87 60
- Rushing Attempts 33 19
- Yards per Rush 2.64 3.16
Net Passing Yards 209 121
- Att./Comp./Intrcpt 30 - 15 - 1 28 - 16 - 1
- Gross Passing Yards 220 127
- Sacks/Yards Lost 2/11 1/6
- Yards per Pass Play 6.53 4.17
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 3/2
3rd Down Conversions 4/15 3/13
- Avg. YtG on 3rd Down 7.2 8.8
4th Down Conversions 0/0 0/0
Penalties/Yards 7/40 6/45
Punt Returns/Yards 4/-1 4/57
Kick Returns/Yards 4/67 4/107
Interception Ret./Yards 1/6 1/18
2pt Conversions 0/0 0/0
Red Zone Visits 0 2
- Red Zone TDs/FGs 0/0 0/2
Avg. Drive Start OWN 30 OWN 34
Time of Possession 33:36 26:24

Rushing Statistics

Detroit Att Yards Avg LG 10+ TD
Byron Borders 25 77 3.08 21 1 0
Spencer McInnis 5 10 2.00 9 0 0
Renaldo Barrios 3 0 0.00 3 0 0
Lawrence Horton 10 33 3.30 20 2 0
Freddie Alexander 6 7 1.17 5 0 0
Ian Kenney 3 20 6.67 10 1 0

Passing Statistics

Detroit Att Comp Yards Sk/Yd TD LG Int Rate
Renaldo Barrios 30 15 220 2/11 1 52 1 71.5
Ian Kenney 28 16 127 1/6 0 25 1 53.7

Receiving Statistics

Detroit Catch Targ Yards Avg YAC LG TD
WR Marcus Thames 6 10 105 17.50 22 52 0
RB Byron Borders 2 3 6 3.00 0 6 0
WR Horace Fox 2 5 38 19.00 4 23 0
WR Brenden Rodgers 2 4 22 11.00 5 18 0
WR Marshall Borders 2 5 42 21.00 0 37 1
TE Carmine Lofton 1 2 7 7.00 0 7 0
WR Rick Hardy 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0
WR Winston Blake 4 4 47 11.75 9 25 0
FB Lawrence Horton 3 3 25 8.33 7 18 0
WR Darren Connell 3 8 21 7.00 0 11 0
WR Glenn Cassell 2 3 22 11.00 8 14 0
RB Freddie Alexander 1 2 10 10.00 0 10 0
TE Steven Torres 1 1 1 1.00 0 1 0
FB Gino Huddleston 1 1 4 4.00 0 4 0
FB T.J. Harmon 1 1 -3 -3.00 0 -3 0
TE Jumbo Wynn 0 2 0 0.00 0 0 0
WR Mickey Spriggs 0 2 0 0.00 0 0 0
WR Alan Dellinger 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0

Defensive Statistics

Detroit Tack Asst Sack RPlay PPlay
S Vernon Burgess 5 1 0.0 18 29
ILB Seth Malicki 5 1 0.0 17 28
CB Orlando Boyer 5 0 0.0 13 21
CB Marty Mulkey 4 2 0.0 19 29
S Russell Sorenson 4 0 0.0 17 24
DT C.J. Pineda 3 1 1.0 16 25
OLB Allen Blake 3 0 0.0 18 24
DT Eddie Lugo 2 2 0.0 18 26
OLB Phil Nelson 1 2 0.0 6 8
OLB Brad Homidan 1 0 0.0 2 4
TE Carmine Lofton 1 0 --- --- ---
DT Floyd McIntyre 1 0 0.0 3 6
CB Van Lane 1 0 0.0 18 29
DE Nick Ringwood 0 1 0.0 19 27
Jacksonville Tack Asst Sack RPlay PPlay
OLB Bernard Alston 7 2 0.0 20 18
S Chester Winters 7 2 0.0 32 32
ILB Sam Slaughter 7 2 0.0 33 32
S Walter Wynn 5 3 0.0 32 32
DE Fred Coleman 5 1 0.0 31 32
DE Jason Fuller 4 0 1.0 33 32
S Norm Hutchins 4 3 0.0 28 31
CB Chester Belzer 3 0 0.0 33 32
OLB Gus Garrett 2 0 1.0 33 32
DT Andy Mayes 2 1 0.0 33 32
CB Marcus Daniels 1 1 0.0 33 32
FB Gino Huddleston

Old 05-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #39
Ben E Lou

So week three, we were matched up with MalcPow's Oakland Raiders. We won a high-scoring and mistake-filled contest 49-31. A few crazy numbers...
  • 80 points scored, but only 573 total yards combined.
  • 3 interceptions were returned for TDs
  • There was only one possession longer than 5 1/2 minutes.
  • There were a total of seven turnovers and seventeen penalties.
All in all, it was a good day for our defense, with 222 yards allowed and only one possession, and a spotty one for the offense: 351 yards and 23 first downs, but four turnovers. The numbers...

Week 3, 2008

played in Oakland, CA

49 degrees, fair, 2 mph wind

Jacksonville Jaguars 7 14 7 21 - 49
Oakland Raiders 7 7 14 3 - 31
Scoring Summary
1Q: 12:27 JAX - Darren Connell 60 punt return (Deon Abrams extra point)
1Q: 08:17 OAK - Andy Heffner 3 pass from Dustin Mardeusz (Skip Meadows extra point)
2Q: 14:20 JAX - Glenn Cassell 3 pass from Ian Kenney (Deon Abrams extra point)
2Q: 10:23 OAK - Marvin Sanderson 5 pass from Dustin Mardeusz (Skip Meadows extra point)
2Q: 06:14 JAX - Lawrence Horton 1 pass from Ian Kenney (Deon Abrams extra point)
3Q: 13:52 JAX - Marcus Daniels 97 interception return (Deon Abrams extra point)
3Q: 11:12 OAK - Jamie Sierra 46 interception return (Skip Meadows extra point)
3Q: 01:44 OAK - Andy Heffner 16 run (Skip Meadows extra point)
4Q: 12:46 JAX - Chester Belzer 29 interception return (Deon Abrams extra point)
4Q: 10:00 OAK - Skip Meadows 51 field goal
4Q: 02:31 JAX - Darren Connell 7 pass from Ian Kenney (Deon Abrams extra point)
4Q: 02:01 JAX - Lawrence Horton 26 run (Deon Abrams extra point)

Team Statistics JAX OAK
Record 2-1 0-3
First Downs 23 11
- by Rushing 6 3
- by Passing 15 7
- by Penalty 2 1
Total Net Yards 351 222
- Offensive Plays 75 48
- Yards per Play 4.68 4.63
Net Rushing Yards 143 82
- Rushing Attempts 38 18
- Yards per Rush 3.76 4.56
Net Passing Yards 208 140
- Att./Comp./Intrcpt 37 - 22 - 3 28 - 16 - 2
- Gross Passing Yards 208 154
- Sacks/Yards Lost 0/0 2/14
- Yards per Pass Play 5.62 4.67
Fumbles/Lost 1/1 1/1
3rd Down Conversions 11/17 3/11
- Avg. YtG on 3rd Down 6.9 9.9
4th Down Conversions 0/0 0/1
Penalties/Yards 9/56 8/65
Punt Returns/Yards 3/73 1/1
Kick Returns/Yards 2/61 7/149
Interception Ret./Yards 2/126 3/70
2pt Conversions 0/0 0/0
Red Zone Visits 3 3
- Red Zone TDs/FGs 3/0 3/0
Avg. Drive Start OWN 36 OWN 34
Time of Possession 36:28 23:32

Drive Charts

Jacksonville Jaguars
Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result
1 10:28 0:08 OWN 12 1 0 Interception
1 8:11 0:58 OWN 20 3 0 Punt
1 4:41 5:26 OWN 44 11 56 Touchdown
2 10:15 4:06 OWN 20 10 80 Touchdown
2 3:55 3:52 OWN 40 10 39 Missed FG
3 15:00 1:08 OWN 45 2 4 Fumble
3 12:17 1:18 OWN 36 3 -5 Interception
3 10:59 4:36 OWN 20 8 33 Punt
3 4:41 0:59 OWN 34 3 3 Interception
3 1:31 3:45 OWN 20 9 27 Punt
4 9:55 7:32 OWN 44 11 56 Touchdown
4 2:13 0:20 OPP 27 2 27 Touchdown
4 0:47 0:47 OPP 31 3 -4 Game
Oakland Raiders
Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result
1 15:00 2:42 OWN 35 3 -20 Punt
1 12:18 1:50 OWN 40 3 8 Punt
1 10:20 2:09 OPP 23 6 23 Touchdown
1 7:13 2:32 OWN 39 3 -14 Punt
2 14:15 4:00 OWN 26 8 74 Touchdown
2 6:09 2:14 OWN 28 3 4 Punt
2 0:03 0:03 OWN 28 1 0 Half
3 13:52 0:12 OPP 49 1 0 Interception
3 13:40 1:23 OWN 32 3 -2 Punt
3 6:23 1:42 OWN 2 4 20 Punt
3 3:42 2:11 OPP 30 4 30 Touchdown
4 12:46 0:08 OWN 7 1 0 Interception
4 12:38 2:43 OWN 20 5 46 Field Goal
4 1:53 1:06 OWN 22 4 9 Downs

Game MVP: Fred Coleman, Jacksonville Jaguars

Rushing Statistics

Lawrence Horton 22 89 4.05 26 2 1
Freddie Alexander 13 58 4.46 14 2 0
Ian Kenney 3 -4 -1.33 -1 0 0
Oakland Att Yards Avg LG 10+ TD
Andy Heffner 9 54 6.00 20 2 1
Johnnie Lukes 9 28 3.11 16 1 0

Passing Statistics

Ian Kenney 37 22 208 0/0 3 27 3 68.3
Oakland Att Comp Yards Sk/Yd TD LG Int Rate
Dustin Mardeusz 25 15 148 2/14 2 33 2 70.1
Richie Perkins 3 1 6 0/0 0 6 0 42.4

Receiving Statistics

WR Darren Connell 6 12 52 8.67 10 16 1
WR Glenn Cassell 5 10 45 9.00 3 15 1
FB Lawrence Horton 4 5 14 3.50 0 5 1
WR Winston Blake 2 4 25 12.50 0 20 0
RB Freddie Alexander 1 1 8 8.00 0 8 0
TE Steven Torres 1 1 9 9.00 2 9 0
TE Bob Newsome 1 2 21 21.00 2 21 0
TE Jumbo Wynn 1 1 27 27.00 8 27 0
FB T.J. Harmon 1 1 7 7.00 0 7 0
Oakland Catch Targ Yards Avg YAC LG TD
WR Brant Chaudhuri 6 12 91 15.17 27 33 0
WR Junior Brandenburg 3 5 19 6.33 0 14 0
RB Andy Heffner 2 3 5 2.50 0 3 1
WR Marvin Sanderson 2 4 26 13.00 12 21 1
TE Freddie Kramer 2 2 10 5.00 1 7 0
FB Carlton Ralston 1 1 3 3.00 0 3 0
TE Blake Horner 0 1 0 0.00 0 0 0

Interception Statistics

Jacksonville Ints Yards Avg TD
CB Marcus Daniels 1 97 97.00 1
CB Chester Belzer 1 29 29.00 1
Oakland Ints Yards Avg TD
CB Jamie Sierra 2 57 28.50 1
DE Mack Sanyika 1 13 13.00 0
Old 05-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #40
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Horton definitely looking like he can cut it at RB...nice find. Any creepers thus far?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #41
Ben E Lou

Halfway point of the 2008 regular season...

2008 Regular Season (5-3)PassingRushingReceivingAttendanceLog/Box
Week 123at Houston Texans14I.Kenney 19-29-222L.Horton 21-127D.Connell 4-8258,900Log Box
Week 29Detroit Lions16I.Kenney 16-28-127L.Horton 10-33W.Blake 4-4749,200Log Box
Week 349at Oakland Raiders31I.Kenney 22-37-208L.Horton 22-89D.Connell 6-5251,100Log Box
Week 425Cincinnati Bengals31I.Kenney 19-33-214L.Horton 15-72W.Blake 2-4350,500Log Box
Week 523Cleveland Browns14I.Kenney 17-29-175L.Horton 23-78J.Wynn 4-5750,500Log Box
Week 621at Indianapolis Colts7I.Kenney 16-26-218L.Horton 18-57D.Connell 4-7750,900Log Box
Week 720at Pittsburgh Steelers7I.Kenney 24-39-312L.Horton 24-45G.Cassell 5-9159,000Log Box
Week 812at Baltimore Ravens23I.Kenney 21-48-220F.Alexander 10-20G.Cassell 5-7858,600Log Box

PassingAttCompYardsYd/AttTDIntRate
Ian Kenney26915416966.309874.8
Team26915416966.309874.8
Opp28516620357.1412587.1
RushingPosAttYardsYd/AttTDFum
Lawrence HortonFB1335013.7735
Freddie AlexanderRB683044.4711
Ian KenneyQB281595.6805
Team---2359764.15415
Opp---1756763.86420
ReceivingPosTargetCatchYardsYd/CtchYd/AttTDDrop
Glenn CassellFL512535514.206.9618
Winston BlakeSE482229113.236.0604
Darren ConnellFL452228412.916.3122
Jumbo WynnTE261927314.3710.5001
Lawrence HortonFB18171056.185.8320
T.J. HarmonFB20161127.005.6011
Freddie AlexanderRB2012766.333.8012
Steven TorresTE141010010.007.1410
DefensePosTackleAssistSackHurrIntsDfnsdPDPct
Sam SlaughterSILB45100.000071.3
Walter WynnSS34141.000679.7
Chester BelzerRCB3310.502578.3
Marcus DanielsRCB3270.512377.3
Gus GarrettWLB29117.590179.9
Norm HutchinsSS2860.000375.5
Chester WintersFS2770.001782.3
Bernard AlstonSLB2242.020174.4
Fred ColemanRDE2233.0160082.1
Jason FullerLDE2066.0140081.7
Terrell WaltersWLB1431.510175.2
Herb SybrowskiWILB1310.000073.7
Andy MayesNT1164.050081.6
JacksonvilleTeamRank
Rushes per Game29.415
Rushing Yards122.015
Yards Per Carry4.1516 (T)
Pass Attempts33.67
Completions19.314
Completion Pct.57.220 (T)
Passing Yards212.010
Yards Per Attempt6.3020
Yards Per Catch11.0116
Total Yards Gained328.610
3rd Down Conversions41.110
Points Per Game22.86
Pass Rush Pct.27.71
Pass Defense Pct.47.127
Turnovers1626 (T)
Turnover Margin-118
OpponentsTeamRank
Rushes per Game21.92
Rushing Yards84.51
Yards Per Carry3.869 (T)
Pass Attempts35.629
Completions20.830
Completion Pct.58.212 (T)
Passing Yards254.432
Yards Per Attempt7.1427 (T)
Yards Per Catch12.2630 (T)
Total Yards Gained318.420
3rd Down Conversions33.78
Points Per Game17.98 (T)
Pass Rush Pct.14.92
Pass Defense Pct.56.217
Turnovers159 (T)
Turnover Margin+118

AC NorthWLTPctPFPAConfDiv
Cincinnati Bengals710.8752691496-13-0
Baltimore Ravens620.7501721466-12-1
Pittsburgh Steelers440.5001461883-40-2
Cleveland Browns350.3751381933-40-2
AC SouthWLTPctPFPAConfDiv
Jacksonville Jaguars530.6251821435-22-0
Houston Texans430.5711561183-31-1
Tennessee Titans340.4291511362-41-1
Indianapolis Colts260.2501391661-60-2
AC EastWLTPctPFPAConfDiv
New England Patriots610.8571521065-12-0
Miami Dolphins520.7141611215-12-0
Buffalo Bills430.5711661373-30-2
New Jersey Jets250.2861261672-40-2
AC WestWLTPctPFPAConfDiv
Denver Broncos430.5711261253-32-0
Oakland Raiders250.2861391742-41-1
San Diego Chargers250.2861161472-41-1
Kansas City Chiefs070.0001021710-60-2
NC NorthWLTPctPFPAConfDiv
Chicago Bears430.5711471184-23-0
Detroit Lions340.4291091562-41-1
Minnesota Vikings350.3751161483-40-3
Green Bay Packers250.286931492-41-1
NC SouthWLTPctPFPAConfDiv
Atlanta Falcons620.7501721405-23-0
New Orleans Saints530.6251391454-31-2
Carolina Panthers440.5001491294-31-2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers340.4291321282-41-2
NC EastWLTPctPFPAConfDiv
Dallas Cowboys430.5711331403-31-1
Philadelphia Eagles340.4291301573-33-0
New York Giants250.286861422-41-2
Washington Redskins260.2501531621-60-2
NC WestWLTPctPFPAConfDiv
Arizona Cardinals620.7501861356-11-1
Seattle Seahawks430.5711691254-22-1
St. Louis Rams430.5711431323-31-1
San Francisco 49ers430.5711361413-31-2

All in all, we're doing well. And that's especially true considering that this team wasn't really built with the idea of winning in 2008. Anything we do right now while these guys are developing is gravy.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #42
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Solid pass rushing numbers...very solid, in fact.