Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Poli
FOFC Survivor

William B. Kerchee 2nd Annual Memorial Softball Tournament June 6-7, Sterling, OK

The family of William Barrett Kerchee is sponsoring the 2nd Annual Memorial Co-Ed Softball Tournament in Sterling, OK on June 6 & 7, 2008. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Sterling is just northeast of Lawton and southwest of Oklahoma City/Norman. I'd love to see some FOFCers there.

I met Will in Great Lakes, IL during my time there as an instructor. He helped me through some really tough times in my life and I'll never forget him for that. He loved his family and softball. His influence can be felt in countless sailors, his family, friends, and myself.

If you're interested in donating to the WBK Scholarship Fund, the address is below:

William B. Kerchee Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 541
Sterling, OK 73567

William “Willie” Barrett Kerchee

December 25, 1974 - January 20, 2007

First Class Petty Officer Kerchee died Saturday, January 20, 2007 in a car accident while serving in Gaeta, Italy.

Will graduated in 1993 from Sterling High School where he played basketball and baseball. In 1993 he was awarded the defensive player of the year for basketball. He was a shortstop, centerfielder, and pitcher for the baseball team. In his senior year, the baseball team made it to State.

His love for softball grew while in the Navy. One of his proudest moments came when he and his team the Red Ropers competed and won the military softball World Series in 2005. The same team had competed in 2004 and took second place.

He enjoyed life to the fullest while home on leave with his daughters, cousins, nephews and other relatives. Will always burned the candle on both ends while home, trying to spend as much time as he could, with as many of his relatives and friends. While away he would call home every week to his Mother and Sister as well as his cousins.

Will was a great and positive influence to his family, friends, and sailors. All those who knew him will miss him dearly.

Last edited by Poli : 03-29-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Shameless bump.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Shameless bump.