Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

NFL: Javon Walker involved in robbery (beyond that contract he got)

From PFT.com

WALKER WUZ ROBBED
Posted by Mike Florio on June 16, 2008, 10:46 p.m.

Updating prior reports, FOX 5 in Las Vegas now reports that Raiders receiver Javon Walker was robbed in Las Vegas on Monday morning.

Walker was found unconscious with a fractured orbital bone. He is hospitalized in fair condition.

Various readers have forwarded information to us about the potential consequences of a fractured orbital bone, which is fancy doctor talk for “eye socket.” Depending on the severity of the fracture, Walker could miss plenty of time.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Here was the initial story

JAVON FOUND UNCONSCIOUS IN VEGAS
Posted by Mike Florio on June 16, 2008, 8:19 p.m.

As rumor has it, Raiders owner Al Davis thinks that receiver Javon Walker is the key to the team’s 2008 season.

If that’s the case, it might be time to start making plans for the first overall pick in the 2009 draft.

Walker, who has a bad knee that traces to a torn ACL in 2005, was found unconscious on a Las Vegas street on Monday morning, according to FOX 5.

He was taken to a nearby hospital, and is in fair condition with a fracture to an orbital bone.

Per media reports, Walker was seen on Saturday night spraying the crowd at Tryst night club with some of the 15 bottles of Dom Perignon champagne he had ordered.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Damn, I wanted to rip on the guy for being an ass. Maybe later something will come out so I can.

Hope the guy has no long term effects, that's for sure.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:08 PM   #4
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Man, this is the only guy from my high school to make it to the NFL- and he was a great guy in high school, but it seems like he is always in the news, and hardly ever for good things...

This isn't bad for him, and I wish him the best but it just made me think of that.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Walker was found unconscious with a fractured orbital bone. He is hospitalized in fair condition.

How is Bill Romanowski doing these days, anyways.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #6
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Wow. Just read that Walker was taken to a hospital with "significant injuries." Didn't know his eye was busted until coming here.

I hope he will be alright. It has to be asked though... what was he doing throwing money around like this in Vegas for? 15 bottles of Dom? That's what, about two grand? I know that's like you or me buying a can of Sprite, but when you have money and show it off, bad things tend to happen.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Wow. Just read that Walker was taken to a hospital with "significant injuries." Didn't know his eye was busted until coming here.

I hope he will be alright. It has to be asked though... what was he doing throwing money around like this in Vegas for? 15 bottles of Dom? That's what, about two grand? I know that's like you or me buying a can of Sprite, but when you have money and show it off, bad things tend to happen.

Prolly at least double. With the insane mark-ups on high-end liquor in the nightclubs and the "bottle service" charges, it's insane.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-17-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:47 AM   #8
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I hear the gang of thieves each left a calling card -- a copy of the Principia, a picture of the Beatles with their eyes crossed out, and some cheesey poofs.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I blame Mike Shanhan.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #10
Raiders Army
Coordinator

dola,

pix of him before the mugging here (7th post):

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ast-night.html
Old 06-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

Great news for JLH!

Erm, I mean, I hope he gets well soon?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #12
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I think someone needs a lifestyle change. Thought that would have happened after Darrent Williams was shot next to him.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #13
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Obviously it's a serious situation and you hope the guy is OK ... but DeTox's subject line cracked me up. I apparently missed the news of his signing that contract. I had ESPN on this morning and that referenced his $55 million deal and I could have sworn I dreamed it. Who would give him that much money?

Oh, yeah. Of course.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
JediKooter
Coordinator

Robbed? Maybe he was so drunk he fell and landed on his face and he can't remember that he had been buying lap dances for Pacman Jones all night and he THINKS he was robbed when in reality, he spent all of his cash.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

MAYWEATHER-WALKER RUMORS GATHER STEAM
Posted by Mike Florio on June 17, 2008, 8:10 p.m.

A league source tells us that there’s definitely talk among more than a few players of some potential connection between the face rearrangement suffered by Raiders receiver Javon Walker and boxer Floyd Mayweather.

Though the rumors don’t implicate Mayweather, the unfounded innuendo making the rounds on the web are that Mayweather and Walker were in a champagne bidding war at some point over the weekend, and that at some point thereafter one or more persons with ties to Mayweather came across Walker and proceeded to pound the living crap out of him.

Of course, it’s entirely possible that the rumors among NFL players trace to the Internet rumors, and not to anyone who knows anything about what happened.

As for Walker, it’s unknown whether he has said anything to anyone about what occurred. There’s a chance that Walker will opt for the “I don’t remember nothing” approach, if he has any concerns about possible retaliation.

Per media reports, Walker was robbed of $3,000 in cash and $100,000 in jewelry.

“He’s a guy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Packers linebacker Nick Barnett told WBAY-TV in Green Bay. “I mean, it’s happened to him a couple of times now. He was just trying to go out and have a good time. It’s not his fault. It’s scary that that can happen to another individual.”
Old 06-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It's happened to him a couple of times now.

Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same spot. Get rid of him, Al!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Great news for JLH!

Erm, I mean, I hope he gets well soon?

dola, also I believe JLH had a good minicamp. Good for him!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
Rizon
Pro Starter

Walker not looking good this preseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #19
JediKooter
Coordinator

WTF is a champagne bidding war?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #20
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
WTF is a champagne bidding war?
Two competing (hood) rich assholes trying to out-thug the other by buying more bottles of champagne and spraying them out over the floor from your VIP sections than the other. Trying to impress the girls by showing who can waste the most money. We had some (on a smaller scale) between the UMass football team and the Springfield drug dealers that came up to campus. Same end results - usually just fights between posse members and a stabbing or two, rarely involving the principal.

I'm not sure why Javon Walker would challenge a boxer in his town, and then leave his posse and walk around alone.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 06-17-2008 at 08:02 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #21
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Two competing (hood) rich assholes trying to out-thug the other by buying more bottles of champagne and spraying them out over the floor from your VIP sections than the other. Trying to impress the girls by showing who can waste the most money. We had some (on a smaller scale) between the UMass football team and the Springfield drug dealers that came up to campus. Same end results - usually just fights between posse members and a stabbing or two, rarely involving the principal.

I'm not sure why Javon Walker would challenge a boxer in his town, and then leave his posse and walk around alone.

Oh, so there was no real "auction". Getting into a fight because someone spent more money than you...I guess I just don't get it.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Really, Javon?

WALKER SPEAKS, MAKES NO SENSE
Posted by Mike Florio on June 17, 2008, 10:45 p.m.

Raiders receiver Javon Walker has given an exclusive interview to TheDirty.com, a web site that gathered notoriety over the past few months for, among other things, the publication of photographs of NFL players in compromising positions.

Here’s Walker’s claim: “I was just back at my room and at about 5:30 in the morning, I got a knock at the door, I opened it and 3 guys with guns were there, they cracked me in the head a few times knocking me unconcious. They then robbed me of everything I had– my watch– money– everything! Somehow they got me to the car and dropped me off in the street. That’s what happened.”

Our reaction? Perhaps they need to check out Walker’s brain function a little more closely. Because whatever it was that cracked his orbital bone also might have functioned as the equivalent of a lobotomy.

Think about it. Three gun-wielding thugs walk through the lobby and, somehow knowing the number of Walker’s room, show up there, knock on the door, and pistol whip him when he opens it. Then, after ransacking the room, they drag his unconscious body out of the hotel without being detected and leave it in the street.

As we suggested during our Tuesday night visit with Todd Wright on Sporting News Radio, maybe the crooks put Brandon Marshall’s McDonald’s bag over Walker’s head so that Javon wouldn’t know where they were taking him.

If Walker’s story is true (and we’re certain that it isn’t), it’s surely not a random act. Robbers just want the loot — they feel no need to disrespect the victim if doing so enhances the possibility of being caught.

Given this lame-ass explanation, we’ve concluded that any and all jokes about the situation are fair game. And so we present Taco Bill’s Pic of the Day, crafted in honor of the Walker incident.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #23
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
dola, also I believe JLH had a good minicamp. Good for him!

So I've read. Hopefully he keeps it up...

Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #24
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I've read. Hopefully he keeps it up...

Okay, JLH to me is Jennifer Love-Hewitt.

So who the hell are you guys talking about?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #25
JeeberD
General Manager

Johnnie Lee Higgins, fool!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Johnnie Lee Higgins, fool!

Okay, now I'm going to have ask for a wikipedia link or something. That sounds like a 1940s Jazz player.

Regardless, definitely not someone who deserves to be known by acronym.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, wait, JeeberD....

Hmm, he's a former UTEP player, isn't he?

Well, that would explain it at least.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #28
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I cant believe that there were 27 posts in this thread and no one brought up the possibility of it being Pacman Jones or one of his posse members.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote