Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #3151
Punisher
High School JV

Magneto was around as well, but he almost immediately cast protection on you...before anyone could have ordered another one of us to attack.

I cleared him immediately from my list of suspects.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #3152
Punisher
High School JV

[ooc]And here I thought I wouldn't have much fun in a game with a bunch of mental powers[/ooc]
Old 10-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #3153
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
I'd like to hear from Cable as well. Who else can control minds

Magneto?
Scarlet?
Phoenix?

I cannot control minds. I do not recall any point in my history where I have exhibited any such ability.

Charles, may he rest in peace, always felt I had a strong will and an ability to resist his, and others, mental manipulation. But I have never been able to project my will on others telepatically.

When I sway others, it is entirely through the force of my arguments. And perhaps some intimidation from time to time. Nothing more.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #3154
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I cannot control minds. I do not recall any point in my history where I have exhibited any such ability.

Charles, may he rest in peace, always felt I had a strong will and an ability to resist his, and others, mental manipulation. But I have never been able to project my will on others telepatically.

When I sway others, it is entirely through the force of my arguments. And perhaps some intimidation from time to time. Nothing more.

Gotcha, that's just my lack of character understanding, so no worries.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #3155
Punisher
High School JV

Nothing like a little intimidation, I always say.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #3156
SilverSurfer
Mascot

For the record, I am only able to contribute 2 energy to today's attack due to using my power to report on the Egypt mission. My apologies in advance to Lord Doom however I feel the information obtained was worth the energy expenditure.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #3157
Punisher
High School JV

Nick Fury is now on the scene.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #3158
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Surprise.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #3159
Punisher
High School JV

Speaking of, you know what bothers me? I believe Spiderman has been in and out of the thread since the revelation of Nick...and he hasn't left the 'team'.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #3160
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Surprise.
What, you brought me a present? I have one for you, it's called a RPG.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #3161
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
What, you brought me a present? I have one for you, it's called a RPG.

Now, now, let's not be hasty.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #3162
Punisher
High School JV

Says the puppet on a string.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #3163
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

There is nothing hasty about my subject, the Punisher. We know it is you, the Shadow King, to whom we speak. Doom will chase you to the ends of the multiverse if you oppose my rule. Tell us what your aims are if you wish to live.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #3164
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
There is nothing hasty about my subject, the Punisher. We know it is you, the Shadow King, to whom we speak. Doom will chase you to the ends of the multiverse if you oppose my rule. Tell us what your aims are if you wish to live.

I have no feud with you, Doom.

I have no information for you concerning the rebels, nor do I seek to subvert your rule.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #3165
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

That is not enough, Shadow King. Tell us what your aims truly are, then, and we can decide whether to support them or leave you hopping from host to host for eternity.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #3166
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
That is not enough, Shadow King. Tell us what your aims truly are, then, and we can decide whether to support them or leave you hopping from host to host for eternity.

In truth, I have already achieved my aims. This host is useless to me now. I do not feel akin to the rebels, they may reach out to me if they wish my services, but they will have to give me good reason to turn to them.

For now I shall assist with the missions if you like, my skills are under your rule, Doom.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #3167
Punisher
High School JV

The gang's all here, it appears.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #3168
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

(ooc) Horrible timing as I have to go to work for a few hours, but I should be around this evening. (/ooc)
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #3169
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

What skills do you have beyond those of Fury himself?

How did you achieve your aims? A failed attack on Jean Grey?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #3170
Punisher
High School JV

I will review my energy increases over the past couple of days. I did not notice a decrease initially, but I will double check.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #3171
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
In truth, I have already achieved my aims. This host is useless to me now. I do not feel akin to the rebels, they may reach out to me if they wish my services, but they will have to give me good reason to turn to them.

For now I shall assist with the missions if you like, my skills are under your rule, Doom.

This feels like a bluff to me.. What would his goals have been? To force Jean Grey to phoenix form? That seems unlikely but one of the only things he has done thus far.

Saying the rebels could reach out to him sounds kind of like a possible hidden conversion possibility.

Most of this sounds like someone who has been found out and is trying to leverage it into a "I'm not here to harm you, you have bigger fish to fry" argument. That argument may very well indeed be the case, but I don't see any example of his goals having been reached, and instead have seen him fail to do much productive. (He killed someone who gained a more powerful form. He had a host that died early on in Nightcrawler).

I guess I don't really believe him too much unless he goes into more details regarding what those goals are/were.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #3172
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
What skills do you have beyond those of Fury himself?

How did you achieve your aims? A failed attack on Jean Grey?

As my skills will not directly uncover rebels or assist the missions in any serious way, I do not wish to reveal them. They will be used in support of you.

My aims, also, are irrelevant to you. If they included you being dead, you would be dead. But they did not.

Grey was also irrelevant - I truly believe that she is a rebel.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #3173
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I guess I don't really believe him too much unless he goes into more details regarding what those goals are/were.

I do not care if you believe me. I have done nothing to aid the rebels, nor do I feel compelled to discuss what my intentions were. You may destroy this host if you like, but it means nothing to me.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #3174
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom will not brook hidden agendas among his subjects. Already I devise ways to rid this world of you. You will have to do better to avoid my wrath.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #3175
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Indeed that is a possiblity, Punisher. What can you tell us of your powers, Cable?

My Lord, I don't know where this suspicion comes from. I have been a loyal follower of my Lord.

My Lord requests for me to reveal my powers to him and I can not do this. I will tell you that none of my skills revolve around mind control. I fear revealing my powers will help the rebels. I have remained low key because of the time I have available and because I wish to not put a target on my back.

It is my hope that My Lord understands.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #3176
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom, I assume you want me on the Annihilation mission?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #3177
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Doom will not brook hidden agendas among his subjects. Already I devise ways to rid this world of you. You will have to do better to avoid my wrath.

If you can arrange a way to speak in private, I will speak with you. I do not plan to reveal myself to this crowd of untrustworthy folk.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #3178
Punisher
High School JV

My energy seems to be where it should be based on expected daily gains. If he was siphoning off power, it wasn't from me.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #3179
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
If you can arrange a way to speak in private, I will speak with you. I do not plan to reveal myself to this crowd of untrustworthy folk.
You know, a anti-personnel mine weighs 8 pounds. Ever tried holding one out with outstretched arms? Helluva workout.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #3180
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Do your aims include the preservation of this planet? If so, pledge your support to the Annihilus mission today.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #3181
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I have conducted some small research into this Shadow King. It has potent telepathic abilities and could, in theory, be responsible for the Hulk's attack. This research has given me little in the way of an understanding of its motives or vulnerabilities.

[ooc]This information brought to you by the magic that is wikipedia.[\ooc]
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #3182
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

There is only room for one King in Doom's Dominion. But to drive it from Fury's body will only drive it to another one of us. I would hear other ways of dealing with this King from my subjects.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #3183
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

(ooc: what was mission deadline today? 4 CST?)
Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #3184
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
There is only room for one King in Doom's Dominion. But to drive it from Fury's body will only drive it to another one of us. I would hear other ways of dealing with this King from my subjects.

I think because of that, I fear it is best to leave Nick Fury alone. If we killed him off, would that then mean those that we trust fully no longer would be trustworthy? That does not sound like a very promising solution for us.

Instead, is there a way to limit or immobilize him so he can do no harm, but he still lives in his present host form?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #3185
Punisher
High School JV

Find the source. Kill him/her.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #3186
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I think because of that, I fear it is best to leave Nick Fury alone. If we killed him off, would that then mean those that we trust fully no longer would be trustworthy? That does not sound like a very promising solution for us.

Instead, is there a way to limit or immobilize him so he can do no harm, but he still lives in his present host form?
There is in fact, although it's extremely limited.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #3187
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
(ooc: what was mission deadline today? 4 CST?)

I had hoped the ability to talk to you some more in private about possible options available to me today. That has not materialized it seems as of yet, so I'll ask you here. Do you want me to go on the mission today, or keep my action free?

At first I had assumed based on my understanding (ooc: read communication with the moderator) that this fight could possibly occur in the negative zone actually.. but from later research (ooc: Hoopsguy post detailing the mission), it appears this mission will occur on our planet at the very portal however to the negative zone. That lessens what I felt my importance to this mission might have been. I'm still available to offer up my not-so-beefy braun to this mission if you wish. Otherwise I'll wait until we have an opportunity to converse about some of my other available options instead.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #3188
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Speaking of, you know what bothers me? I believe Spiderman has been in and out of the thread since the revelation of Nick...and he hasn't left the 'team'.

True. I needed to hear more from him first. Leaving a team has consequences, since team benefits grow depending on how long you stay with the same team. So I wanted to hear Nick's side of the story first.

Alas, I don't like what I'm hearing.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #3189
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Find the source. Kill him/her.

I guess that is what I am trying to understand. I originally assumed the Shadow King was living among us and had the ability to send commands to other heroes forcing their actions when he wished. Now based on this conversation, I wonder if instead the Shadow King may be elsewhere similar to Galactus (ooc: not a player character) , who then somehow randomly or not so randomly picks a new host when his previous one is killed.

If the latter is true, I wonder if there will be a future mission we go on to take care of the shadow king, or we have to reach some goal in order to prevent him from infecting further or such. If this is indeed the case, the best thing we could do would be to lock up his present host somehow so he can't hop elsewhere.

I think overall the risk of him hopping to a cleared person and creating doubt is far greater than what he can do in the body of Nick Fury once he is outed. I wonder if forcing him onto guard duty would limit his ability to use this host for other things for instance.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #3190
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

What option do you speak of Punisher?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #3191
Punisher
High School JV

I do like the idea of guard duty for the Shadow King. I do wonder if he may have been trying to get to the negative zone.

My option, Lord Doom? Nerve gas. I can dump some on the Shadow King and knock him out for 2 hours at a time.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #3192
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

join the mission against the Annihilator
Old 10-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #3193
Punisher
High School JV

However, Lord Doom, I'd have to be released from guard duty to do so...so I believe it's in our best interest to have me guard you.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #3194
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I notice the Scarlet Witch did not take up my invitation to show her allegiance by committing to the Annihilus mission. I believe that Doom will target her tonight with his attack. Nick Fury will have to be dealt with otherwise.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #3195
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
I do like the idea of guard duty for the Shadow King. I do wonder if he may have been trying to get to the negative zone.

My option, Lord Doom? Nerve gas. I can dump some on the Shadow King and knock him out for 2 hours at a time.

Or better yet, I can web his ass. That will keep him from any actions at all for a full day or night phase.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #3196
Punisher
High School JV

There you go.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #3197
Spider-Man
n00b

Web Nick Fury's Ass to the Floor

(To Take Effect During Night Action)
Old 10-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #3198
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

That sounds like a wise option, arachnid. It seems we will have to expend our energy on him until he is dealt wtih permanently. You have my leave to web Nick Fury instead of your mission assignment.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #3199
Spider-Man
n00b

Get the Hell Out of SHIELD
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #3200
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

So wait, is Fury the Shadow King or just his minion? If he's the Shadow King, why aren't we killing him? I may have missed something so feel free to smack me in the back of the head (beware the flames) and the explain slowly.