Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #301
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
If I remember correctly about 1A, is if the money isn't there, they won't use deficit spending to build it, so it won't get built. I seem to remember a provision in it that the money has to be there first before they start on it.

I don't have my voter book with me, so I'm not 100% sure if I am correct.
Right, but how the government will determine there is money is the scary part. I'd guess there would be no plan for cuts in any areas to support this, so how do you get the funds... raise revenue. I've already heard talk that the original Gray Davis tripling of car registrations may be back on the table (it was nothing more than a radio talk show, but it does show that if they don't have funding, they can certainly try to find funding).
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #302
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Right, but how the government will determine there is money is the scary part. I'd guess there would be no plan for cuts in any areas to support this, so how do you get the funds... raise revenue. I've already heard talk that the original Gray Davis tripling of car registrations may be back on the table (it was nothing more than a radio talk show, but it does show that if they don't have funding, they can certainly try to find funding).

As an Ex-californian, I have to say I think tripling the registration fes is a great idea, its a huge cash cow and might actually keep people from buyin that 2nd 3rd and 4th SUV in time.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #303
stevew
Hall Of Famer

When I was a kid I guess I just assumed by the time I was 30, we'd have high speed transport to everywhere, and air cars. Sigh.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #304
JediKooter
Coordinator

I hate to say this, but, they could probably get more money if they raised the amount of gas tax instead of raising registration fees.

Even if they do somehow come up with the money, I just don't see it getting done by the time I retire, haha.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #305
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
How is California going to pay for this? Aren't they like billions and billions short right now? Wouldn't investing in creating a city-wide transportation system (trains/subways/more highways) for LA and the Bay Area provide a better use of money?

la county approved a half cent tax increase for public transportation. subway to the sea (in 30 years), here we come!
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #306
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
How is California going to pay for this? Aren't they like billions and billions short right now? Wouldn't investing in creating a city-wide transportation system (trains/subways/more highways) for LA and the Bay Area provide a better use of money?

With the exception of the city of San Francisco, the population density of California's big cities isn't high enough to make urban mass transit efficient (and profitable). Simply, people are too spread out (and spread everywhere). Also jobs aren't as concentrated in one place (i.e. downtown), as they are in say NYC and Chicago.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #307
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I don't get how we can have so many queers in this country while Iran doesn't have any at all.

Because they are put to death in Iran. Stoning is still the preferred modus operandi I believe.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #308
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
When I was a kid I guess I just assumed by the time I was 30, we'd have high speed transport to everywhere, and air cars. Sigh.
I've always wished for high-speed rail. I think government needs to kick in and jumpstart it though.
At 200mph. That would mean Atlanta to Orlando in 2+ hrs which would be pretty cool. To Dallas in 4+ hrs.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote