Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Exclamation PING: TEAMS OVER THE CAP

I'd forgotten about this little FOF MP quirk. You *must* be under the cap by the end of FA1. It will screw up the draft if you're not. If you're not over the cap, FOF will take picks in the current draft away from you. And because we draft *before* this happens, you will have made picks, and those picks will go back into the player pool to be signed in FA2 by anyone, I believe. (Not sure about that last part. I've never seen it happen. But point being, get under the cap before the end of FA1 so we don't have to find out the details. )

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

A scenario was just mentioned. If you don't have any draft picks this year, then you don't need to worry about this at all. Here's what I said elsewhere...
Quote:
Without draft picks, it's not a problem. This isn't a rule that I *want* to have; it's just one that the structure of FOF pretty much forces on us. But if you're pick-less, I'd say just carry on, but please don't trade for any current-year picks unless you're certain you'll be under the cap by the end of FA1.