Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

More DDS:Baseball UI Feedback Wanted

Here is a short (53 second) video of the basic Draft Day Sports Baseball 2009 UI in action. I'd love some honest feedback on this, as it is a little rough right now Getting there though...

There are so many screens from the old PureSim that need to get converted, but when I am done we should have a very consistent look and feel.

Anyway, let me know what you think based on this tiny snippet.

DDS:Baseball UI Preview

Shaun

Last edited by Shaun Sullivan : 03-07-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I love the look of the UI. However, unless I'm mistaken Boston had 55 million in salaries and the year was 1966. Hopefully, that will be tuned to realistic numbers.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I love the look of the UI. However, unless I'm mistaken Boston had 55 million in salaries and the year was 1966. Hopefully, that will be tuned to realistic numbers.

I don't even remember what rules or multiples I used when creating that association, but yes, tuning will be an important part of the beta.

When I am ready for beta I am going to do it as a free, open beta, with no obligation to purchase. Hopefully that will lead to getting the maximum amount of feedback -- especially from the discerning folks of FOFC

Shaun
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Ramzavail
College Starter

1. I said it last time, I really don't like the pitching silhouette. It doesn't fit in with the infield background and it looks like his hand is a pig hoof.

2. The logos could use some work, they aren't clear and rough around the edges. Plus, the Washington Nationals logo should be the Washington Senators. Lastly, on the calendar page, they aren't aligned properly.

3. What was going on with the news ticker? It started to give you a ticker line that could have been for the 8/22/66 days stats (even though it said 8/23/66), then once you simmed the first game on 8/23/66, it then changed the stats and gave you the line for that day. So, is the ticker date always the date of the actual day? and doesn't change? I would either lose the date on the ticker, or have the ticker date consistent with the stat line its for.

Other than that, I think its well-organized and quick/smooth.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
cooleyvol
n00b

Not a fan of the accordion style menu on the left. How about just top placed buttons that change the list of links below?

Gridiron Glory
British Baseball Society
cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
AgustusM
College Prospect

I really like the overall look of the UI - would need to tinker around to have specific feedback. But the general look and feel is very good.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I think the UI looks solid but do agree the silhouette of the pitcher looks awful.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Some of the items I saw in the "installed addons" area (0:19 into the video) are things I have been looking for in a baseball game for a long time, like Most Award Winners and Most All Stars. I have never tried your baseball game, but I will definitely give the demo a run when it is available.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

the expando control has some odd behavior when clicking a menu option, sometimes the new option is scrolling all the way from the bottom of the page (as opposed to just within the expando itself)
Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
SteveMax58
College Starter

I like the new UI. I actually like the left side menu system. One thing I'd like to see there would be to keep highlighted the screen you are on(in the left menu area). I think that would be helpful for learning the screens quicker.

Really liking the grayed out road games vs. color home games on the Team Schedule. Little things like that make things obvious rather reading it is home vs. away. Also like the color scheme overall. It says "Baseball" to me.

The pitcher silhouette doesn't bother me, but I think a batter or manager side view silhouette might look better. Not sure...but doesnt bother me either way.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'll echo Steve's thoughts.. I like the scrolling on the left, but it would be neat if then option you select would stay highlighted once you select it.

Looks like it's coming along really well Shaun!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
Icy
Pro Starter

I'll send Shaun a new left panel without the pitcher silhouette or with something replacing it, had enough critics

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
BigDPW
College Prospect

I like the left menu as well...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote