Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

The United Baseball Association: The Graveyard Letters

April 14, 1915

Father,

How are you? I hope this letter finds you well.

It was fantastic seeing you last week. I know it was difficult for you to take time off of work to come visit me at school. I appreciate you doing that.

Isn't Columbia incredible?

You wouldn't believe what happened at the ball field on Thursday. We had a game against the Yale University squad. There were a bunch of scouts there, at least three. I'm not quite sure what league or team they were from. They must have been checking out some Yale players while they were here in New York.

They had this pitcher, a freshman, named Jason Burnet. I've never seen anyone like him. I saw them talking to him after the game.

We have six more games. I pitch in two days against Harvard. I hear their team is good.

Our coach, Eddie Mack, started calling me Graveyard. I don't know why.

Anyway, thank you again for coming to see me. I will let you know how I do in my next game.

Love,

Your Son

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-16-2009 at 03:46 AM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #2
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 18, 1915

Son,

I'm doing well. Mother says hello. So do Jack and Dot.

It was a pleasure coming to visit you. Me and your mother are very proud of you. It looks like you are having a good time at Columbia.

I wish the paper out here in Iowa would cover college ball. Unfortunately, as you know the only updates I get on your team is from you. They started to cover the United Baseball Association. Bound for failure, if you ask me.

Good luck in your next game, but do not let it interfere with your studies. I hope I have taught you well enough that you know baseball comes behind your academics.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Love,

Your Father

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 07-01-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #3
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 25, 1915

Father,

You are not going to believe this. In my game against Harvard, I pitched a no-hitter. It was one of the most incredible feelings in the world. I let up five walks and our fielders had four errors, so it wasn't a perfect game.

Coach Mack bought me dinner after the game, and he brought a friend along. His name was Archie Cook. He's a scout for that new Baseball Association league. He works for the New York Gothams, so he was in town and watched our game. I think he liked the way I throw.

Don't worry, he didn't mention anything. Sorry to be short, but I have to start studying for exams. The term is almost over.

Write back soon.

Love,

Your Son

P.S. Coach Mack is still calling me Graveyard.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:46 AM   #4
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 29, 1915

Son,

Congratulations on your great game. You are very talented.

You worry me with your talk of scouts at your game. Again, I hope I raised you well enough to know that academics come before baseball, always. Don't disappoint me. I know you won't.

I hope you did as well on your exams as you did on the baseball field.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

May 25, 1915

Father,

Sorry it has been so long since I've written. I pitched very well in my last game. I gave up just two hits and pitched the entire game without letting in a run. I also hit a home run.

A few more scouts showed up. None of them talked to me, so don't worry. I think they were there for someone else.

With the baseball season and classes almost over, I'm starting to look for work here in the city. I hear a few fisheries are hiring.

I will write again soon.

Love,

Your Son

P.S. Now the whole team is starting to call me Graveyard. I still don't know why.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:52 AM   #6
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

June 4, 1915

Father,

Did you receive my last letter?

I'm having trouble finding a job here. I think I may move back home for the summer. What do you think?

Write me back as soon as you can.

Love,

Your Son

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-17-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:55 AM   #7
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

June 8, 1915

Son,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. How are you?

I'll put you to work here. Let me know your train information so I can arrange to pick you up from the station. See you soon.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-16-2009, 03:59 AM   #8
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

September 13, 1915

Son,

How was your trip back to New York? How is your new apartment? Do you like your roomates?

Keep up the good work on your academics. Your mother and I are very proud of what you are doing. You're making a better life for yourself.

Write back when you can. Study hard.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-16-2009, 04:05 AM   #9
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

September 24, 1915

Father,

The train ride went smoothly. It was a relaxing trip that I needed before my classes started again. Speaking of, classes are going well so far. I enjoy all of my professors.

Well, to be frank, it seems one of them has something against athletes. There are two other ballplayers in my class and he doesn't seem to like any of us.

We have a fall tournament in October at the Bronx Oval Grounds. Have you heard of the ballpark? The New York Gothams play there. Ed Gale, Baby-doll Hurst, Reuben Truman all play on that team. It will be incredible to play on the same field that they play on.

I have to go to class. I will write you again soon.

Love,

Your Son
Old 05-16-2009, 04:10 AM   #10
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

October 3, 1915

Son,

When did you get so interested in the New York Gothams and that outlaw league? I thought you were a fan of the Cardinals of the National League.

Good luck in your tournament.

Don't worry about your professor. Just prove to him that academics are your top priority and you will be fine.

Take care, son.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #11
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

October 27, 1915

Father,

I'm not sure how to break this news to you, and I'm not even sure if you will believe it.

Ten scouts introduced themselves to me after the first game. I didn't pitch that day, but they said they would be there for my start. Can you believe that?

I don't know exactly what to do. Three of them were from the National League, representing the Philadelphia Phillies, the Brooklyn Robins, and the New York Giants. The other seven were from the United Baseball Association; A few from the United League, and the others from the Columbia League.

One scout, a man named Hank Foote, said he was from the Boston Shipbuilders ballclub. He said that the Boston team was playing terribly and was looking for new pitchers, and that they would be picking first in a draft that brought amateur players into the league.

Father, he said I could be good enough to be picked first.

I want to know what you think about all of this. I guess I'll see what happens at the game when I pitch.

Love,

Your Son
Old 05-16-2009, 04:25 AM   #12
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

October 30, 1915

Father,

I though of waiting until you responded, but I couldn't wait to tell you what happened.

As I said in my last letter, the ten scouts said they would be at my game when I pitched. Guess what? Not only ten came. But scouts from all sixteen United Baseball clubs were at the game. There were also the three National League scouts there, as well.

I'm very overwhelmed. A few of them were mentioning money. They said that there is no reserve clause in their league, meaning that after five years on one team, players are free to sign on whatever team they'd like.

I have more details, but will wait for your letter. I'm a little behind on my studying, so I must go.

Love,

Your Son
Old 05-16-2009, 04:28 AM   #13
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

November 10, 1915

Son,

You already know how I feel about this matter. Right now, there is nothing more important than your academics. Baseball will always be there. You have an opportunity to graduate from a prestigious school. Do not disappoint me.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-16-2009, 04:29 AM   #14
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

November 11, 1915

Father,

I forgot to mention I pitched a perfect game.

Love,

Your Son

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-16-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:32 AM   #15
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

December 2, 1915

Son,

It doesn't make me happy doing this, but it's in your best interest. You will go to see Coach Mack and tell him that you won't be playing when spring comes around.

I will not let you destroy your future.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-16-2009, 04:39 AM   #16
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

December 17, 1915

Father,

I did not go to Coach Mack. I cannot do that.

I have been talking to the United League and Columbia League scouts. They said that there are league tryouts in January and February in Richmond. I need to apply for the amateur draft by February 1, 1916.

Father, I know that you don't understand. Yes, I know that Columbia is a prestigious school and that I would be leaving great opportunity if I leave early. But my dream of playing baseball is on the verge of coming true. There are sixteen teams that want me to play for them. The scouts said that one player is making $17,000 per year and that after this season a lot of players will be making that much. It is extremely hard to defy your wishes, but this is something I must do.

I'm sorry that I'm such a disappointment.

Clay

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-17-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #17
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

January 14, 1916

Father,

I have not received any letters from you. I presume that you aren't speaking to me anymore.

I have been working odd jobs for the last month so I can pay for the trip to Richmond. I hear that over 500 ballplayers will be there.

I just wanted you to know where I would be.

Clay

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-16-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:47 AM   #18
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

January 25, 1916

Father,

I am in Richmond, Virginia. It's much warmer down here than in New York. I wanted to let you know I made it here safely, although I haven't decided if you care or not.

Yesterday, I pitched in front of owners, managers, and scouts. I was pretty nervous, but I did well. I only allowed a few batters to hit the ball hard. These guys are way better than anyone I have ever faced before, but I'm confident about my ability.

Hank Foote, the scout from Boston, looked very excited when he was talking to the Shipbuilders owner and manager while I was throwing. As I told you before, they select first in the draft and I'm not completely sure but I think they are considering selecting me.

Clay

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-16-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #19
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

February 16, 1916

Son,

I have no other way to say it, than to just say it.

I'm dying, Clay.

This past week has certainly made me reflect on my actions. While I still cannot agree with your decision to leave Columbia, I've come to the realization you need to be able to make decisions on your own. It is your life.

I've had to make hard decisions in life, but I made choices so I could provide the best life for your mother, you, your brother, and your sister.

All I will ask of you is that you think your decision through.

Love,

Your Father

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-16-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #20
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

February 21, 1916

Father,

I'm coming home.

Love,

Your Son

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-16-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #21
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

March 26, 1916

Father,

It was great to see you after so long.

I know how you feel about the decisions I have made. They weren't easy. You have provided for me and to go against your wishes was extremely difficult.

I hope you understand that baseball is what I am passionate about. It is extremely hard to put into words. But to put it as simply as possible, baseball is life.

With all of that being said, I can no longer do this. I am making arrangements to come back home to be with you. You said that your health has made you think twice about your actions. It has done the same to me. I cannot be in Boston while you are dying in Iowa.

I will be home in three weeks.

Love,

Your Son

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-17-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #22
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

March 30, 1916

Son,

Do not give up on your passions because of a dying old man. I will be fine here in Iowa. I would love for you to come visit but right now, the thing that would make me most happy is seeing you happy on the baseball diamond.

It is difficult to explain my actions to you. You are young and have no family yet. Someday, when you have a son of your own, you will understand my position on all of this. But I admit that my desire to see you happy has blinded me to what really does make your life meaningful. And if that is baseball, then you should play baseball.

You said that, "you couldn't be in Boston..." Why are you in Boston? I thought you were back in New York.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #23
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 2, 1916

Father,

This is such a difficult decision to make.

I am in Boston because I was selected with the first pick in the amateur baseball draft by the Boston Shipbuilders.

Their owner, a man named Matthew Willard, wrote me to tell me of the news. I have to admit it is extremely bitter-sweet.

I will make a final decision in a few days. The season starts for me on the 10th.

Love,

Your Son
Old 05-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #24
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 6, 1916

Son,

Follow your dreams. I want to see you pitch your first game in the big leagues, so get to work.

I love you and always remember that I am proud of you.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #25
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 13, 1916

Father,

Thank you. I can't tell you how much it means to have your blessing. I will make you proud.

After a month of camp with the entire organization, the big league team started on the 1st with games against the Pittsburgh Keystones.

For us young guys, we practiced for another week and then my team, the Class A club, went to Pittsburgh to take on their Class A team.

I'm a little surprised that they placed me on the Class A team. There are two lower leagues, the B and C squads. Hopefully I'll play well enough to stay on the A. If I play well, I'm only one step away from the big league club.

I started in our first game. We lost 2-1, but I pitched well. I went eight innings, walked two, gave up six hits, and struck out four.

To be completely honest, our team isn't too good. I'm not entirely surprised, but at the same time it is a little discouraging that even our young players aren't playing well.

I will be traveling a lot, so I may not be able to write as often but I will certainly try.

Love,

Your Son

P.S. Apparently this "Graveyard" nickname has followed me to the pro leagues.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-17-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #26
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 17, 1916

Son,

That's great news. You'll be on the big league team in no time.

Your mother wanted me to tell you to make sure you eat well. Are they paying you enough to eat decent food?

I'm assuming you've pitched again since your last letter. Let me know how it went.

Love,

Your Father

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-17-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #27
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 25, 1916

Father,

I've decided that when I'm on the road, I'm going to write you on postcards with images of local scenery. Today, I'm in St. Louis getting ready to play the Class A Terriers tomorrow.

I'm enjoying this city very much. As you know, twelve years ago the World's Fair was hosted here and the city is very much influenced by it. Some of the food here is food I have never seen before.

I've pitched in three more games since I last wrote.

In one game in Boston, we played the Chicago Orphans Class A team. We lost again. I lasted six innings and gave up way too many hits. It wasn't my best showing.

Then, we traveled to Philadelphia. It was a strange game. I pitched 12 innings, but in the 13th they scored a run to win. It was a 0-0 game until then! I struck out 14 batters which was very good.

Finally, two days ago, the Chicago Whales A team came to play us in Boston. We lost yet again. I went 9 innings, but only gave up five hits and struck out eight.

I will write you again soon. We head back to Boston after this.

Love,

Your Son

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-17-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:02 AM   #28
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

April 29, 1916

Son,

Sounds like you are doing good. I'm sorry that your team is playing poorly.

Did I ever mention to you that I've been to St. Louis? It was about three of four years before you were born.

The fair really did impact the development of the city.

It's interesting to see you mention the food. Did you know that the ice cream cone, frankfurters, and peanut butter were invented at the World's Fair? Well, no one really knows how true those myths are, but they certainly became popular there.

You should see your little brother Jack. As soon he heard about you joining the baseball league he immediately asked for a mitt and a baseball. He's always looked up to you. Imagine what I would have done a few months ago if BOTH of you boys wanted to play baseball for a living.

Your sister is doing very well on her own. She's finally introduced us to the man she has been seeing recently. Seems like a swell fellow. He owns that drugstore down on the corner of Central, McCormick's Drug Store. That's him, McCormick.

Anyway, your mother and I are doing well. I have an appointment with the doctor next Monday. I will write you to tell you how it went.

Love,

Your Father

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 07-01-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:11 AM   #29
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

May 15, 1916

Father,

Your appointment was yesterday. How did it go? To be honest, I have been scared to write about it. I must admit that I often pretend that you are fine. It is extremely hard to be on the road all of the time and not be able to spend precious time with you.

It's been harder to keep it bottled it up. Sometimes I'm angry about it and I pitch harder than ever. Sometimes it just makes me upset and I can't concentrate.

Anyway, I'm sure you are interested in how I've been doing. We've been in Boston for two series, but in between them we traveled to Kansas City. They have a team called the Packers.

Actually, I just realized that I never updated you on the rest of my time in St. Louis. I pitched there a few days after writing you and we lost 5-1. I only struck out three and gave up nine hits.

Then, in Kansas City I pitched one game and it was the highlight of my short career. I got the win! My first as a professional. We won 6-1 and the run they scored was because of an error. I let up six hits and struck out nine.

We had a long stretch of games at home after getting back. I've pitched three times since.

I'll quickly sum it up by saying we lost all three but I pitched well in two of the three games. In one game, I had eleven strikeouts.

Write me back as soon as you can to let me know about your doctor's visit.

Love,

Your Son
Old 05-17-2009, 05:18 AM   #30
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

May 23, 1916

Son,

I wanted to give you an update on my health condition.

As you know, I have cancer that is slowly and steadily spreading through my body. The doctor told me that I have between a year and three years to live.

Plenty of time to see my boy pitch for Boston, right?

Son, I know this is hard. It's hard for us to not have you here, but I want you to realize something that I have realized. Maybe this all happened for a reason. I know this...this disease has changed me for the better. I was so consumed with my version of success and never once thought about what would make you, your brother, your sister, and a lot of the times my own wife...what would make them happy.

The main thing I want you to know is this: Please don't let this affect you. I know it's hard. But I want you to know that I am okay. I'm not bitter and I'm not angry, so you shouldn't be either. This has been a blessing in disguise for me.

Clay, one day I will see you pitch in that Shipbuilder uniform and it will be one of the happiest days of my life. I love you, son.

Love,

Your Father

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 07-01-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #31
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

May 28, 1916

Father,

I received your letter a few days ago, but haven't been sure of what to write.

For today, I'll just tell you how I've been doing on the road and on the field.

On the 18th, we played in Washington. What an incredible city. It was great to see our nations capitol. A couple of the other players, who I will tell you about later, went on a tour and saw the White House and the Washington Monument.

We also saw the construction of the Lincoln Memorial. I believe that construction began in 1914 and will be completed in 1922.

Our game against the Class A Statesmen went very well. We won 2-0. I pitched the whole game, gave up just 4 hits and struck out 9. Coach Winston, my manager here, said that if I keep that up, I would be on the big league club in no time.

After that game, we headed back to Boston for a home stand.

I pitched on the 23rd against the Class A Terrapins from Baltimore. We won again. I gave up 9 hits and 4 runs but struck out 9 again.

And yesterday, I pitched against the Class A Blues from Indiana. They just moved there from St. Paul, Minnesota. I let up 11 hits but just one run and struck out 10. We won again. That's three in a row, and brings my record to 4-8. My 2.52 ERA is very good, though.

My next game will be on the 31st in Boston, and then we head to Chicago to play the Class A Orphans, and we stay there for a bit to play the Whales farm team.

It may be another two weeks before I can write you. Tell mother and Jack and Dot that I say hello and that I love them.

Love,

Your Son

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 07-01-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #32
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

June 3, 1916

Son,

Keep it up. It sounds like your doing very well. Enjoy Chicago.

Love,

Your Father

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-17-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #33
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

June 30, 1916

Father,

I'm sorry that I haven't written in so long. I have been very busy. My pitching coach, Martin Pearson, told me that since the big league club has been floundering and in last place, I could be called up as early as the end of this year. I always hoped, but I thought that next season would be more likely.

Coach Pearson and I have been working hard on developing a new pitch, the curve ball. He told me that it was developed by a pitcher named Candy Cummings back in the 1860's. It's a very hard pitch to control, but I'm getting better at it.

Since I last wrote you, I've posted a 6-7 record. Not great, but like I told you, our team isn't very good.

I wish you could meet a good friend I made. He's also a pitcher. Nails Kemper is his name. He's from upstate New York. Last year, he played for the St. Paul Saints but was traded here for a really excellent catcher, Spider Snider. Well, six other guys came along here with him as well. Maybe when I come home to visit in the offseason he can come along with me.

I'd love to keep writing, but I have to go to bed. We leave for Philadelphia early tomorrow morning.

Love,

Your Son

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-18-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #34
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

July 21, 1916

Father,

Pack your bags. I'm getting called up to the big league team.

I haven't received a letter from you. Please write me back. I want you to be here for my first game. As of now, August 4 will be my first game but it could be the 3rd or 5th as well depending on a few things.

Love,

Your Son
Old 05-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #35
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

July 27, 1916

Son,

I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of you. I'm so glad that you decided to do this with your life. I am still living with regret, thinking about the way I treated you. It seems like so long ago, but it was just a few short months ago. Again, I am truly sorry.

I also apologize for taking so long to write. To be honest, this disease is moving faster than the doctor had anticipated and I am starting to feel very weak. It has been difficult for me to write for an extended amount of time, and you will probably notice my poor handwriting because of it.

The entire family is coming to see you play. We leave tomorrow morning. I love you so much, Clay. We all do. We are all so proud of you. I'll telegram you when we arrive.

Love,

Your Father
Old 05-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #36
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

December 3, 1916

Son,

I am writing this while in the crowd, watching you pitch. Thank you for these excellent seats. I sure hope you followed the instructions on the outside of the envelope.

Seeing you in that white uniform and blue hat with the Boston "B" is almost too much for me to handle right now. And seeing you standing on the rubber at the beautiful American Grounds...it makes me incredibly proud.

Clay, it may seem strange that I am writing you this letter while watching you pitch just 100 feet away, and that I asked you not to open this until I am no longer on this Earth. The reason I did this is because I simply do not know when the last letter I write you will be written. I want this letter to be the last letter you read from me.

When I met your mother, back when I was 22, I had dreams of being the greatest father in the world. You know how strict your grandfather was. There were times when I hated him when I was young. When your mother and I had you three kids, I promised myself that I would never be like him.

And of course, I turned into him. But I began to understand why he was the way he was. He wanted what he thought was best for me. And I wanted what was best for you kids. But I now realize that only you know what is best for you.

I never told you this while you were growing up, and it's something I should have reminded you of every day. I promise you that a day did not go by without me thinking this. You, Jack, and Dot are the greatest thing that have ever happened to me.

I realize that I'm not very good at letter-writing, especially something as deep as I wish this would be.

I just want you to know that I am proud of you. When you read this letter, I will no longer be here in physical form, but I will always be with you, and someday, I will see you again.

Love,

Your Father

P.S. Nice pitching out there, Graveyard.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 07-01-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #37
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

December 4, 1916

Father,

I followed your instructions and read your letter yesterday.

I'm so glad I got to spend the last four months with you. When you came out to Boston, I had no idea you were going to stay. It was one of the most pleasant surprises to have you all stay for the rest of the season.

And moving back home to Iowa after the season was very nice. Being with you and Mom, Jack and Dot was something I missed tremendously. It had been a whole year since I was home.

I must admit, I don't know exactly what to write in this letter. After all, you are dead. But I have a feeling you will be able to read this. If not now, maybe some day.

I appreciate everything you have done for me, father. That includes telling me not to play baseball. As mad as it made me, I now realize, just as you did with your father, that you were just trying to look out for me. I rather know that you care about me and not get what I want than to have you not care at all.

I'm delivering this letter to your graveyard as soon as the funeral gets underway. It seems like a strange coincidence, that my nickname became Graveyard and now I'm delivering a letter to you at your grave. I don't know what to make of it, but it is a bit strange.

Father, I love you so much and will never, ever forget you.

I'm not good at this either, and to be honest I don't know what else to say. But I am sure that someday, I will see you again. And then, I will have many, many more stories for you.

Goodbye, Father.

Love,

Your Son
Clay "Graveyard" Cherry

P.S. Hang on to this letter. By the time I'm up there with you, that signature could be worth hundreds of dollars.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 05-18-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #38
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

THE END
Old 05-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #39
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

No idea if anyone even read this, but it was a lot of fun to get an up close look at one of the players in my league.

I'll end up doing a "letters" format again, but my next mini-dynasty will be something different, though I haven't figured out what that will be yet. Any suggestions?