Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #2451
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Nope, and I'm not sure what you can do to help me get to trusting you either given the game setup.

You'll know when the time comes
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #2452
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Godspeed, Pass.

VOTE TELLE
Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #2453
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I resent the implication I would hump Hoops, now Clap on the other hand...
O.0

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #2454
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

why telle poli? is this one of those crazy roll things you cant tell us about?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:41 AM   #2455
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Godspeed, Pass.

VOTE TELLE

Is this a "settle the question now" vote or based on something more than that?

If the latter, why do you think that the wolves let you live after your post last night clearly indicated that you had already determined she was your course of action for today after voting for her the last couple of days?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #2456
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, time for a modified trust list. Might as well pass the time while waiting for morning to come around. I've excluded myself from the list; put me where you think I should be slotted.

High Trust = well, probably not anyone right now. I listed four names two nights ago and they are all still alive. I don't get it.

Medium Trust = Dubb, Autumn

Low Trust = MartinD, PackerFanatic (want more from both those guys beyond just D2 vote)

Neutral = Chief Rum, Abe, TheJackal, Poli. Some are based on suspected seer scans, some are based upon guesses to what they are trying to do in the thread.

Moving towards Distrust = Lathum (lack of understanding on role), MommyTorgo (creeps me out, have seen multiple posts that just scream wolf trying to pair people up)

Distrust = Clap, Saldana, Telle

don't trust me despite my being there at deadline last night and sniping for us to net us the sympathizer and prevent any funny-business?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #2457
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If the latter, why do you think that the wolves let you live after your post last night clearly indicated that you had already determined she was your course of action for today after voting for her the last couple of days?

that's actually a good point
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #2458
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
don't trust me despite my being there at deadline last night and sniping for us to net us the sympathizer and prevent any funny-business?

Why woudln't the wolves also be glad to snipe the Sympathizer. 1. They may not have had any idea he wasn't a plain villager. 2. If they did it still helps them out to knock off a villager count and perhaps garner trust.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #2459
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

There are a bunch of people, including me, who have been casting votes at Telle, putting her high on the distrust list, and likely to vote for her again. I don't see why we would assume the wolves wouldn't "let him live" just because he's likely to vote her.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #2460
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So, 14 players left.

I think it might be time to open things up a little bit here, as I'm guessing we have three wolves left, with a brutal and a cunning.

I still don't get why we aren't all assuming there are 4 wolves left. Danny made clear before the game that he needed 21 players to get ALL the roles in, and he added in an extra wolf role obviously with EagleFan's. Shouldn't we therefore be assuming there were 5 wolves? And that the ones remaining are all 4 revealed wolf roles?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #2461
Autumn
Head Coach

What I'd like to unpack, but won't have time to do until this afternoon, is what went on with other candidates yesterday. I seem to recall clap, hoops and pass all kind of voting at each other and I'm wondering what was going on there.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #2462
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll be out for a while. I need to look over my distrust list again, we really must nail a wolf today. Telle is on my list but I need to examine a few others.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #2463
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I still don't get why we aren't all assuming there are 4 wolves left. Danny made clear before the game that he needed 21 players to get ALL the roles in, and he added in an extra wolf role obviously with EagleFan's. Shouldn't we therefore be assuming there were 5 wolves? And that the ones remaining are all 4 revealed wolf roles?

I'm fine with assuming 5 wolves + Sympathizer for purposes of worst-case scenarios, but i personally think we started with 4 + Sympathizer because those numbers make more sense to me in a "straight" game. Maybe 5+S was appropriate with everyone having roles, but with the amount people seem hamstrung in talking about their roles I'm not sure just how much of an edge that may be.

I suppose that will make interesting post-game conversation. But for now I'll go with thinking we are 10-4 at this point because it is probably better from a risk management perspective.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #2464
hoopsguy
General Manager

The only voting record really worth analyzing from yesterday was Lerriuqs. The villagers were voting for who they thought was a wolf. The wolves were voting for who they thought was a villager.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #2465
Danny
Head Coach

Pass, your PM box is full
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #2466
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Pass, your PM box is full
good thing hes dead then huh?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #2467
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I got shit tonight, but I SHOULD be home by 8. Im gonna go ahead and kick off the voting, simply becasue I dont want to forget

vote telle

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #2468
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I cleared some space.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #2469
Danny
Head Coach

I can chat about the game with the dead fellas
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #2470
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

no! you might give them info :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #2471
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Don't worry clap -- I won't tell him anything I know.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #2472
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I think we need a couple of candidates otherwise we risk a run on Telle.

Vote Hoopsguy

If I am Lerriqus Hoops is one of my first scans and the vote yesterday came at a time when it looked like he may be trying to save Hoops.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #2473
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I'm not sure that I had any reputation to speak of with Lerriuqs prior to this game. I wouldn't make this argument with the majority of us who have played these games (I know I get scanned a lot) but I think it harder to guess who Lerriuqs would have scanned compared to someone like you.

Also, do you have any reason to think that Telle is more likely to be good than me? I understand the risk of a villager runaway, but right now the vote is 1-0 and you are already looking for backup options.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #2474
Telle
College Starter

Actually hoops, there are two votes on me. Poli and clap.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #2475
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agreed that either hoops or telle (or both) look like wolves. Not sure whioch to push though

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #2476
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, if you think we are both wolves then it doesn't matter, right? That would be incorrect, but if it represents your viewpoint then it really does not matter what lane you pick.

I can tell you that it is infinitely more likely to be villager/villager (me vs Telle) than wolf/wolf, but that does not hold any water since I'm not in a position of being trusted.

Bottom line, I do not know about Telle but I'm still working with the idea that Clap is certainly a better candidate (barring some meaningful info from Poli) and probably Saldana is as well.

VOTE CLAP
Old 05-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #2477
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I R not wolf!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #2478
Telle
College Starter

So what's the case against hoops other than the potential for Lerriuqs to have been trying to save him yesterday? Why was he getting votes yesterday?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #2479
hoopsguy
General Manager

Telle, I think it is because we are not catching enough wolves, that I bear a bigger role in that as a guy who posts a fair amount of strategy, and finally that I'm still alive on Day 5.

If I'm missing any points (beyond Lerri trying to "save" me?) I'm sure others will chime in.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #2480
Telle
College Starter

Well if that's it then that's not a very convincing argument.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #2481
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unvote Hoops
Vote Saldana

looking back through the votes I think Saldana is a better candidate. Really poor voting record and his attempt at setting me up yesterday. Plus I do think we learn a little about Hoops with a Saldana lynch.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #2482
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unvote Hoops
Vote Saldana

looking back through the votes I think Saldana is a better candidate. Really poor voting record and his attempt at setting me up yesterday. Plus I do think we learn a little about Hoops with a Saldana lynch.

What do we learn, exactly?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #2483
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
What do we learn, exactly?

Day 3 Hoops cast a vote on Saldana when at the time the vote was still very much in doubt. If Saldana is a wolf I don't think that's a move hoops makes. He could just as easily gone Telle or PB.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #2484
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, I'm curious on the "linkage" discussion with me and Saldana. If there is anyone that I think makes sense to suggest I've been trying to "save" it would be Telle. I have no idea about either of them, but I think I've posted a lot more stuff suggesting a gentler viewpoint on Telle (not scheming on D1) than I have Saldana (not as bad a player/wolf as his voting record looks).
Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #2485
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I also don't like the way Saldana kept coming at me yesterday. I think it is something he would do as a wolf to create a distraction. He knows I am a target that will fight back and knows I can't say much about my role and will try to twist things to make me look manipulative.

He realizes people are becoming increasingly distrusting about my role, and I see why but I assure you my role will be known when the time comes.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #2486
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Day 3 Hoops cast a vote on Saldana when at the time the vote was still very much in doubt. If Saldana is a wolf I don't think that's a move hoops makes. He could just as easily gone Telle or PB.

That definitely makes more sense to me than the idea that I would be supporting Saldana.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #2487
Danny
Head Coach

Lathum, you're up in history draft.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #2488
The Jackal
Coordinator

FWIW, 5 wolves + sympathizer seems like a lot in a 21 person game. I'd guess we had 4 + sympathizer to start and have 3 wolves left. Either way, we need to make sure we're getting lynches right here.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #2489
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just out of curiosity - am I the only one with a seer theory?

To clarify, I've made a couple of different moves in terms of trust/voting based on seer assumptions. Has anyone else been doing this along the way or are people just reacting strictly on their own perceptions of play?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #2490
The Jackal
Coordinator

I haven't felt strongly enough about anyone being the seer to base votes on it; credit to them, they've hidden themselves well.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #2491
The Jackal
Coordinator

Been a while since we've heard from CR, eh?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #2492
Telle
College Starter

Yeah I don't have any seer theories either.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #2493
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

sooner or later the seer has to find SOMETHING. I just hope scanns werent wasted on PB and EF

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #2494
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I also don't like the way Saldana kept coming at me yesterday. I think it is something he would do as a wolf to create a distraction. He knows I am a target that will fight back and knows I can't say much about my role and will try to twist things to make me look manipulative.

He realizes people are becoming increasingly distrusting about my role, and I see why but I assure you my role will be known when the time comes.

again...you posted links to all the posts i made about you, but what is missing is the time stamps from them...with one exception, they are all from the hour long window otherwise known as my lunch break.

why are you continuing to exaggerate the truth?

1 hour hardly equals "all day" or "kept coming at me"...hoops asked me if i had any theories or analysis, and i gave it to him....your over the top defensiveness is actually more suspicious to me than my own theory was

i doubt i will get any backing with this, but i for one have had my fill of lathum jumping all over people with his "how dare you suspect me" attitude, and his unconfirmed triggered mechanic....i feel like i am playing with blade again.

vote lathum
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #2495
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, the thing I worry about with Lathum is that we are playing with Fouts back in the day with his "my role will come in soon and it will blow your minds" = wolf.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #2496
The Jackal
Coordinator

I agree with sal that he's been hyper-defensive, likely because of what he can and can't say. Not sure he's the best target at this point, I think the chance of him being a wolf is less than some of the others.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #2497
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, the thing I worry about with Lathum is that we are playing with Fouts back in the day with his "my role will come in soon and it will blow your minds" = wolf.

wasnt it the survivor game where blade kept making up ridiculous powers the whole game that basically scared everyone away from lynching him?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #2498
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I agree with sal that he's been hyper-defensive, likely because of what he can and can't say. Not sure he's the best target at this point, I think the chance of him being a wolf is less than some of the others.

but is it really what he can or cant say, or is it what he wants us to believe he can or cant say?

no one else's private role to this point has has required public action that they werent allowed to talk about.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #2499
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
but is it really what he can or cant say, or is it what he wants us to believe he can or cant say?

I've thought it more likely he was a villager than wolf most of the game, but the longer he stays alive the higher he shoots up the suspicion charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
no one else's private role to this point has has required public action that they werent allowed to talk about.

That's very true. It seems possible Danny only included one role like that, but yes, he could be lying.

I just think at this point there's a higher probability we hit a wolf on someone else - if Lathum is alive as we near the end of the game and he hasn't used any sort of ability, I'm sure he'll get lynched.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #2500
The Jackal
Coordinator

Also, the chance that he has a beneficial ability for us is something we can't ignore, as the numbers are getting close and if we don't hit on a wolf today we could be looking at some trouble.