Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2009, 12:47 AM   #1
TheMeat
n00b

Help a Brother Out?

So, looking through my roster for the Balzac Ticklers of the FOOLX I can see that I have several good/interesting players. Problem is I just don't know where to start. I'd really like to avoid running my team into the ground so I'm reaching out for a little advice. My coaches can help me setting lineups and pitching rotations and such so I'm comfortable with that, but I just don't want to run into serious cap trouble or let some valuable player go because I didn't know how good he was.

My thinking right now is that I should offer extensions to Sergio "Spiderman" Acevedo and Rick Corcoran. Since my ownership approves these extensions, is that all I need to worry about? Do I need to do the same with my minor league players and make sure the obvious prospects are signed up? can I or should I sign these players to long-term deals?

Anything else I need to do right now before monday's export?
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
spleen1015
Coordinator

I refuse to help you on the grounds that you're the enemy and you have such a terrible team name.

On a more serious note, I don't know how to help you because this is my first version since the switch to SI, so I have no idea what I am doing either. The good thing is, with the fast simming, you can turn things around much quicker. I think I am going to take my team as it is and see what happens.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeat View Post
So, looking through my roster for the Balzac Ticklers of the FOOLX I can see that I have several good/interesting players. Problem is I just don't know where to start. I'd really like to avoid running my team into the ground so I'm reaching out for a little advice. My coaches can help me setting lineups and pitching rotations and such so I'm comfortable with that, but I just don't want to run into serious cap trouble or let some valuable player go because I didn't know how good he was.

My thinking right now is that I should offer extensions to Sergio "Spiderman" Acevedo and Rick Corcoran. Since my ownership approves these extensions, is that all I need to worry about? Do I need to do the same with my minor league players and make sure the obvious prospects are signed up? can I or should I sign these players to long-term deals?

Anything else I need to do right now before monday's export?

Nothing that you need to do before monday other than the stuff I previously listed because I am running 0 days on Monday, just to make sure that everyone's exports take and there are no technical issues before we start sprinting.

Regarding who you need to offer contracts to, if you go to your team Finances screen, there should be a tab most of the way to the top of it that lists Pending free agents. Those are the ones that you need to worry about offering contracts to for sure. (Note, you want to check this each sim since the players listed could change depending on what level you play them at). No need having to look through every player in your organization all of the time to figure out where to offer contracts.

As far as offering extensions to existing players, it is a bit tough to give great advice since we have no statistical data to tell us how they are playing. Some could be overrated or underrated or fit your system better than others, etc. So you are guessing a bit blind right now.

For your particular team, the two I would worry about now are Davey Holloway and Rafael Ramos. See what those two want to re-sign. (Remember you need to be under a 65 million dollar cap for next season in salary). Holloway is young and a potential all star player, so if he isn't wanting a bazillion dollars a year, I would automatically renew his contract. Ramos is older (30), so we don't know if he is going to start aging soon or not, if he wants a short term contract it might be worth it at cheap money. With 30+ year olds it might be better to see how he performs during the season and try to resign him then.. either way is a gamble that you have to decide on.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #4
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I refuse to help you on the grounds that you're the enemy and you have such a terrible team name.

I'm not playing X and I know Alan's advice is better than any I could give anyway, but I just had to weigh in on the name thing. It really is terrible.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
TheMeat
n00b

Hah, but everyone likes to be Tickled.... I've been the Ticklers now in many different games/leagues, it won out over my old favorite the Edmonton Christ Punchers

Thanks Alan, I had tried Holloway but he's insisting on testing free agency, and if I remember correctly since I'm at work Ramos wants $7mil a year for 2 years. I feel better now I just really needed to know I wasn't missing something important. "O, hey Meat why didn't you file your stadium consolidation papers to the league office this season? I guess you forfeit your revenues for the next 5 years."
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

lol, I don't think anything like that will happen to you here sir.
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote