Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #101
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Can I have the commish password so I can delete this guy, PLEASE?

I wonder what his record against us is. I'm flat out tired of seeing his face!

I actually love watching the game greats. Something about seeing them do well is fun for me I imagine if it was my team they constantly beat, I would feel less admiration for them I suppose!

Anyways, the new file is up! HTML is currently updating and should be done in a few hours. I'll run the player development reports in the morning.

Playoffs are tomorrow night 9:15pm ET!

Napa Valley Winemakers
vs
Edmonton Edge

and

Hammersmith Hooligans
vs
New York Heroes

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #102
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
And the 15th member of FOOL's 3000 hit club is....

Sunday, September 6th, 2026: Baltimore's Trujillo Reaches 3000 Hits
The Baltimore 8-6 loss to Montreal wasn't all bad. Something good came out it, at least for Carlos Trujillo. As a consolation prize he got the 3000th hit of his career. The veteran Charm first baseman went 1-for-4 in the game and added his name to the coveted 3000-hit club. He was given a five-minute ovation by the crowd, which included his wife and family and quite a few former Charm teammates.

"I could have scripted it better," Trujillo commented to the press after the game, "a win would have made it a lot more enjoyable. But what the hey... hit #3000 ain't so bad."

Trujillo has batted .316 for his career with 3000 hits, 611 doubles, 44 triples and 368 home runs and 1563 RBIs.

BOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!

(i still love him) *pouts*

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #103
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Awesome. Faded a little in at midseason, but buoyed by the incredible record-breaking performance by Gil, the Hooligans came back strong in the last two months and got themselves back into the playoffs--and another matchup against those pesky Heroes.

FTR, French people are shot on sight within 100 yards of Hooligan Stadium, and that's not even our security people, that's just the fans.

P.S. If anyone can explain my home/away record splits, please send me a PM to explain, m'kay, thx.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #104
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
FTR, French people are shot on sight within 100 yards of Hooligan Stadium, and that's not even our security people, that's just the fans.

I'm having a real hard time picturing Baseball hooligans. Well, ok maybe the built in baseball bats help some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
P.S. If anyone can explain my home/away record splits, please send me a PM to explain, m'kay, thx.

Road slump busters are better than the home slump busters?
Old 07-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #105
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Sigh, 3 games shy of the playoffs after we fall off at the end of the year. Much better than I expected this team to do though. Glad I kept Hewson despite all the attempts to pry him away from me...
Old 07-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #106
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Wait, my starters had the second-best ERA in the CL? I had FOUR starters under 4? What happened to the FOOL this season? Are cats & dogs living together or something?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #107
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Wait, my starters had the second-best ERA in the CL? I had FOUR starters under 4? What happened to the FOOL this season? Are cats & dogs living together or something?

The interesting thing is despite how much everyone seems to be struggling to find pitching, this year the CL had an ERA before 4.00 for the first time since 2008. So Boston pitching was pretty strong. (The RL had an ERA of 4.58 which is low for them, but not really too far from the normal over there)

I think the big fall off for Boston was centered around Archuleta somehow. I actually am not sure what happened, but at the all star break I think his ERA was below 2.00 and he looked like he was going to have a good shot at winning the Gabriel Prado Award. After the all star break, he just fell apart completely... and Boston faded as well.

Archuleta:
Code:
Front Office Offseason League 2026 Pitching Splits Split G GS W L SV ERA IP HA R ER HR BB K Last Week 1 1 1 0 0 0.00 8.0 4 0 0 0 1 8 April 6 6 3 0 0 1.70 47.2 33 15 9 6 10 50 May 6 6 3 1 0 1.93 42.0 28 9 9 2 9 42 June 5 5 0 4 0 7.59 21.1 35 18 18 5 6 28 July 6 6 1 1 0 4.93 34.2 33 19 19 8 6 26 August 5 5 1 3 0 5.17 31.1 38 18 18 4 6 28 September 5 5 2 1 0 3.64 29.2 26 12 12 1 8 31

Old 07-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #108
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I realise Boston pitching was strong, I'm just not used to that...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #109
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

My prospect Jean St.Cyr has the wierdest ratings I've ever seen from a pitcher. He has a HUGE biased against lefties. He has 120 stuff vs lefties, and 10 vs righties. It must be the rollover problem again, I just dont ever remember seeing it with a pitcher before!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 07-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #110
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
My prospect Jean St.Cyr has the wierdest ratings I've ever seen from a pitcher. He has a HUGE biased against lefties. He has 120 stuff vs lefties, and 10 vs righties. It must be the rollover problem again, I just dont ever remember seeing it with a pitcher before!

It is the rollover bug again. It always did affect pitchers and batters both. We haven't seen it in a while because we don't have a million people with maxed out ratings anymore.

October 2, 2026
Overall Stuff Increases from 46 to 59
Overall Control Increases from 33 to 46
Control versus Lefties Increases from 30 to 42
Movement versus Lefties Increases from 16 to 26
Stuff versus Lefties Increases from 43 to 100
Pitcher Rating Increases from 23 to 26
Stuff versus Righties Decreases from 49 to 10
Overall Movement Increases from 18 to 28
Movement versus Righties Increases from 19 to 30
Control versus Righties Increases from 35 to 49

He had an amazing year development wise as you can see his Stuff versus Lefties went from 43 to 100. his stuff vs Righties went from 49 to something over MAX.

Drop me a PM please on this guy, and I'll fix him tonight before the sim (per our rollover bug rules from way back when).

Old 07-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #111
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Congrats to the playoff teams!

Alan: you are a freaking rock star. 3 weeks...*shakes head*
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #112
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Pop quiz!!!!

Who is the only FOOL GM (current edition) who has never had a 6th place finnish in their division?

*Hint* They also hold the distinction of the most playoff appearances without winning a championship!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 07-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #113
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

September 25, 2026
Montreal Canada

A meaningless game played to close out the 2026 season between the cellar dweller Montreal Majestics and the 4th place Baltimore Charm.
Both teams had been out of the playoff hunt for a while, but still 36113 die hard Majestic Fans braved 45 degree weather and gusty winds to see the Majestics wrap up their season. Few members of the press were there to witness 4 Montreal pitchers solidly hold the Charm offense to 7 hits and only 1 run in a seemingly uneventful game. No homeruns were hit, and no unusually great feats of dazzling skill were displayed. Yet as the 3rd out was recorded in the 9th inning sealing a 5-1 win for the home team, the crowd stood on there feet and proudly applauded and showed their appreciation for the passing of a great milestone. That victory, as insignificant as it was to the 2026 season, marked the 1400th win for longtime Montreal General manager, Montreal GM. He is the 1st manager in FOOL new edition, to eclipse that milestone.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 07-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #114
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Nice!