Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
zums
H.S. Freshman Team

Best Fantasy Football Site?

Am beginning the process of setting up a new league with a bunch of my high school/college friends who have since kind of scattered and who we have never really had a league w/ all of us in it, so the time has come to decide ultimate bragging rights.

One of the first issues that we are running into is which site is best to use. We have all used different sites and have different opinions so thought I would get some other opinions here and also some ideas of what sites do/dont offer certain features.

The league I am in currently uses Fanball. Cost is I believe $60 for a new league w/ slightly less for renewing each year (although I could be wrong, i am not the commish). Includes customizable leagues/scoring/anything you can think of, live scoring, etc.

The other sites we are thinking of are:

ESPN - everything is free, live scoring included - one question i have is there any sort of record keeping year after year? being as this is a big bragging rights league the ability to keep overall records over the years and such is a big feature for us.

Yahoo - again, very popular but live socring is not included with the free leagues?

Misc - any other sites that you guys use/enjoy/hate/ etc.?!?!

again, i am not overly familiar myself with some of the other options other than fanball and yahoo (used maybe 3-4 years ago for one year in another league) so any opinions or suggestions would be welcome. Draft is only ~1 month away baby!!!!!

zums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

ESPN does keep track of records and such from past years. And Yahoo is starting free live scoring this year.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Yahoo now gives live scoring with free league.

Had some friends that used ESPN last year when they made it free to use and they ran into some problems, both with the online draft and the site on an ongoing basis.

I would just use Yahoo. While there's no formal record keeping, you can click each owner's name to see how they've done in the league each year. Set up a quick blog if you want anything more for it.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And Yahoo actually does have year-to-year record keeping if you use the same league each year. It will hold last years records, draft results, final rosters, that sort of thing.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
zums
H.S. Freshman Team

thanks guys, didnt realize yahoo had included the live scoring for free this year - was just going on what one of our members had told me.

who does yahoo use for their news/injury reports/weekly predictions? do they have their own reporters? rotowire.com? i assume all that is free as well or no?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
zums
H.S. Freshman Team

oh and for the record keeping, i was toying around w/ the idea of keeping much of the information offline as well so i could format to my liking, etc.. and not risk ever losing it but having the majority of it online automatically would make things much easier.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
zums
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
And Yahoo actually does have year-to-year record keeping if you use the same league each year. It will hold last years records, draft results, final rosters, that sort of thing.

actually looking at this statement again... do you mean taht basically the records, etc. from last year are held in place until the next year when they are wiped out? or is there an actual league history section where you can see overall records, head to head records, etc.. since the beginning of the league?

thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

On the main page of a league, if you have had the league for more than one year, there is a drop-down that has a listing of years. Select a year, and it brings you to a historical page that shows you the history from that year. Final records, schedule, final rosters, settings, etc...it's nice to have actually, especially when the league has been around for a few years.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
zums
H.S. Freshman Team

ok, sounds like it would be good enough for what we are looking for and i could put together a spreadsheet or something to keep track of the head to head, etc.. records that it doesnt sound like it keeps.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Fleaflicker is fantastic and I highly recommend running your league there.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Of the free sites, I like fleaflicker and yahoo the best.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote