Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Visiting Florida for the First Time...

I am flying down to Ft Lauderdale with a few friends from Aug 19-23. Mainly we're visiting a few friends who go to school down there. I know on Friday night we all plan on going to this place called "Opium" but I am not sure of the plans of the rest of the days.

Any suggestions? I think we will head down to Miami for a day or two. Really looking forward to checking out the "real" beaches down south.

I have not been on vacation in years and so am looking to maximize the experience, so any help is appreciated!
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?

Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

South Beach should provide everything you are looking for and please avoid anything that is labeled northwest in Dade County because that is usually the dangerous parts. I would suggest grabbing some food from 11th street Diner and if you're into seafood Joe's Stone Crab.

Let me know what exactly you want to do.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
If this computer model is accurate, you might not get to Miami then.

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwp...n_m_loop.shtml
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Cartman, I have no idea what the heck that is..

Noop, Basically I'm looking for something to do all day Thursday.. Is there a popular beach bar/club that I should check out? It'll be four of us, since the others are going to be caught up in their classes n what not.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

Last time I was in Chicago I went to the Joe' Stone Crab there and it was unbelievable. I would imagine in Miami it could be even better. If you do go, get the crabcake as an appetizer and the key lime pie for dessert. The entree should be very obvious.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote