Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
Groundhog
Coordinator

Shaq VS

Anyone catch episode one, Shaq vs Ben Roethlisberger? It's not on over here as far as I know, but I might track down the episode online if it's worth watching.

Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I stubbled upon it and watched the last half of it. Meh. If you are really bored then dig it up but otherwise you didn't miss much at all. I won't be looking for it next week or beyond.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 AM   #3
NewIdentity
High School JV

I watched a couple episodes of his show with overweight children, but just didn't like him also being the moderator. I expected them to have Shaq as the star and then someone else speaking in the background.

Count me as one of the people who do not beleive Shaq will ever be a broadcaster or have any kind of success in TV or Movies, once his basketball playing days are over.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
Count me as one of the people who do not beleive Shaq will ever be a broadcaster or have any kind of success in TV or Movies, once his basketball playing days are over.
This isn't really much of a stretch.

The last 15 minutes of "Shaq vs Roethlisberger" was the only halfway interesting bit, and that's just because it was the actual game they played against each other. The 45-minute buildup wasn't worth it at all. I might watch next week, but it's only because I'm in love with Misty May-Treanor. Even so, that may not be enough to make me tune in. The show was really a snoozer.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

The last 15 minutes of "Shaq vs Roethlisberger" was the only halfway interesting bit, and that's just because it was the actual game they played against each other. The 45-minute buildup wasn't worth it at all. I might watch next week, but it's only because I'm in love with Misty May-Treanor. Even so, that may not be enough to make me tune in. The show was really a snoozer.

SOMEBODY CALL KATHY GRIFFIN!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I saw them actually playing and thought it was rather boring. But there was 45 minutes before that? Good gawd...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
Kathy Griffin
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

How could you!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Griffin View Post

How could you!!!

He might just want to have a dirty menage a trois with you two Kathy...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I didn't watch it but seeing the highlight of Shaq's pick six on Roethlisberger was pretty funny. Big Ben so overrated.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
No! Don't!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I saw them actually playing and thought it was rather boring. But there was 45 minutes before that? Good gawd...
Yeah, even the game itself wasn't that interesting. It was riveting compared to the previous 45 minutes, though. To recap the first 45 minutes:

- Shaq talks to his trainer during their flight to Pittsburgh about how he is a better quarterback than Ben.
- Shaq talks to his trainer during the drive to Ben's house about how he is a better quarterback than Ben.
- Ben shows Shaq around the house.
- Shaq and Ben play a game on HORSE on Ben's outdoor basketball court.
Spoiler

- Shaq throws passes at the Steelers practice facility. Charlie Batch gives Shaq some pointers.
- Shaq and Ben compete to see who can throw a pass and hit the crossbar from about 30 yards away.
Spoiler

- Shaq and Ben meet some kids from the Ronald McDonald House. Very nice act on their part, but not exactly gripping television. Then again, neither is the rest of the program.
- Shaq and Ben get introduced at the stadium prior to the game. This takes way longer than it needs to.

There's your 45 minutes. The HORSE game was mildly entertaining, but it didn't add anything to the show.

Quote:

How could you!!!
Nothing but love, baby.

Quote:
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I didn't watch it but seeing the highlight of Shaq's pick six on Roethlisberger was pretty funny. Big Ben so overrated.
To be fair to Ben, Shaq was on the sideline and jumped into the play when he saw the ball headed toward him. Not that it matters in a stupid game like that. I'm just saying.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
No! Don't!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Yeah, even the game itself wasn't that interesting. It was riveting compared to the previous 45 minutes, though. To recap the first 45 minutes:

- Shaq talks to his trainer during their flight to Pittsburgh about how he is a better quarterback than Ben.
- Shaq talks to his trainer during the drive to Ben's house about how he is a better quarterback than Ben.
- Ben shows Shaq around the house.
- Shaq and Ben play a game on HORSE on Ben's outdoor basketball court.
Spoiler

- Shaq throws passes at the Steelers practice facility. Charlie Batch gives Shaq some pointers.
- Shaq and Ben compete to see who can throw a pass and hit the crossbar from about 30 yards away.
Spoiler

- Shaq and Ben meet some kids from the Ronald McDonald House. Very nice act on their part, but not exactly gripping television. Then again, neither is the rest of the program.
- Shaq and Ben get introduced at the stadium prior to the game. This takes way longer than it needs to.

There's your 45 minutes. The HORSE game was mildly entertaining, but it didn't add anything to the show.

Quote:

How could you!!!
Nothing but love, baby.

Quote:
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
To be fair to Ben, Shaq was on the sideline and jumped into the play when he saw the ball headed toward him. Not that it matters in a stupid game like that. I'm just saying.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Dola

I'm not sure if my 40" television is big enough to contain Misty May-Treanor's big ass, but I'm dying to find out.