Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
samifan24
Pro Starter

Jersey frames

I recently purchased an autographed jersey which I would like to frame and display. I was going to go to the local Michaels Crafts but then I came across sites like Ultra Mount Displays and All Authentic Frames.
Does anyone have experience with either company or have advice for getting a jersey framed without going broke?

I'd like something simple, like the frame pictured below.

samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
samifan24
Pro Starter

Really, no one owns a framed jersey?
Old 08-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm afraid I don't, but I'm dying to know whose jersey you bought.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I had my Emmitt Smith jersey framed with a picture by a collectible shop. It cost $300, but was a gift to me since I had the jersey just hanging in the closet for a long time. It looks really good and I'm glad it is framed now. I don't know how much those other places would charge.

Sorry for the crappy photo, I used my Iphone and there was a lot of glare, but you get the idea. It has the logo, a metal plate with "Emmitt Smith Hall of Fame Dallas Cowboys" and a photo.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I had my Emmitt Smith jersey framed with a picture by a collectible shop. It cost $300, but was a gift to me since I had the jersey just hanging in the closet for a long time. It looks really good and I'm glad it is framed now. I don't know how much those other places would charge.

Sorry for the crappy photo, I used my Iphone and there was a lot of glare, but you get the idea. It has the logo, a metal plate with "Emmitt Smith Hall of Fame Dallas Cowboys" and a photo.

That looks great. That's the kind of frame that I want. It's very simple and compliments the colors of the jersey well. I thought it would cost around $200-250 but I'm going to go into Michaels to play around with different options (glass, mattes) and see how they quote me.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I'm afraid I don't, but I'm dying to know whose jersey you bought.

Autographed Andrew McCutchen jersey
Old 08-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Autographed Andrew McCutchen jersey
Very nice. I love watching him play.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jealous
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Very nice. I love watching him play.

He's a great player already. FWIW I bought the Altoona Curve jersey from the '09 Just Minors series. Just Minors was a great company for autographed minors stuff but I guess they were bought out and this is their last year around. I picked up a Jake Peavy ball and a Grady Sizemore photo while both were in the minors. They're great.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 PM   #10
Ramzavail
College Starter

I have a nice Drazen Petrovic jersey with a signed basketball card of his I've always wanted to frame, I just never thought it was worth the money. Maybe when I buy a house and the fiancee/wife puts the screws in me - hang it up or throw it out, I suspect I'll be getting alot of that when moving. [/getting married rant over]
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote