Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #1151
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
Vote Kwhit

Great job Darth...Also glad I was right about you - I had you pegged as the Scanner 2.0 yesterday...

Yup I saw that. I think Autumn did too but so did the bodyguard which saved me

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #1152
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think today sounds a little too perfect. Darth nails a wolf, but also claims the all spark screwed with his result, which means.....that at the very least there is a % chance that his scan is wrong.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #1153
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Vote Nightfall

As per Danny's request.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #1154
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote KWhit

Vote Nightfall

I think Danny let the cat out of the bag here that both he and KWhit are Decepticons.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #1155
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I think today sounds a little too perfect. Darth nails a wolf, but also claims the all spark screwed with his result, which means.....that at the very least there is a % chance that his scan is wrong.

The All Spark was still messing with my my vision last night too - I think it just affected the amount of info received as opposed to the accuracy of the info received.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #1156
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE NIGHTFALL
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #1157
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmm - can i do this?

VOTE KWHIT
VOTE NIGHTFALL

pause

VOTE DANNY
VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 11-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #1158
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hmm - can i do this?

VOTE KWHIT
VOTE NIGHTFALL

pause

VOTE DANNY
VOTE NIGHTFALL

You probably need a semi-colon between the two so the system recognizes it as seperate commands.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #1159
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You probably need a semi-colon between the two so the system recognizes it as seperate commands.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #1160
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

So based on the voting and Danny's admission, I believe KWhit is the Fallen. It fits with the Day 1 voting.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #1161
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote nightfall

Unfortunately, the bodyguard missed that you were the scanner 2.0 actually. I think the Autumn thing distracted me..er..the bg.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #1162
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Or just quickly nightfall stuff and end it today! A decepticon does not go die slowly, but but goes out with a bang!

And while there were definitely some things that made the game very hard for us, the village did a wonderful job and deserves the win.

Once this all wraps up, I'd love to hear why you picked the people you did for the nightkills. I was consistently puzzled.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #1163
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Or just quickly nightfall stuff and end it today! A decepticon does not go die slowly, but but goes out with a bang!

And while there were definitely some things that made the game very hard for us, the village did a wonderful job and deserves the win.

So I was right about you sacrificing a fellow wolf to gain trust? My gut is happy.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #1164
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote KWhit

Vote Nightfall
Old 11-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #1165
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Good point.

This could be epic if Danny and Darth are up to something.

But I'll take my chances and believe them
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #1166
Schmidty
Coordinator

Oh, and while I'm glad we're probably about to win, I also feel kind of bad for PB. This was a great concept and he obviously put a ton of work into it, so it's kind of a shame that it's ending so quickly.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #1167
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Good point.

This could be epic if Danny and Darth are up to something.

But I'll take my chances and believe them

just in case i've taken certain emm...precautions
Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #1168
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Oh, and while I'm glad we're probably about to win, I also feel kind of bad for PB. This was a great concept and he obviously put a ton of work into it, so it's kind of a shame that it's ending so quickly.

i'm still not quite sure how we as the village managed to get this far this fast
Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #1169
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i'm still not quite sure how we as the village managed to get this far this fast

Mainly because almost every villager is able to confirm their role while we are not. Plus you guys, especially AlanT did a great job sniffing us out anyway. These games where all players have roles are tough to get a balance, including mine which I tried. I think only hoops got it just right with the marvel game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #1170
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i think mr T was spot-on this game. it's one of those games where if i was a wolf i'd be cursing and punching walls.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #1171
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah - the games where everyone has roles are tough to balance with confirming the roles - jack the ripper was like that too.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #1172
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I ma goin to vote

KWhit

and send out an order to purdue to fight Danny
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #1173
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

vote nightfall
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #1174
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Kwhit
Vote Darth
Vote Nightfall

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #1175
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Mainly because almost every villager is able to confirm their role while we are not. Plus you guys, especially AlanT did a great job sniffing us out anyway. These games where all players have roles are tough to get a balance, including mine which I tried. I think only hoops got it just right with the marvel game.

I guess that's part of why I was unsure why you kept nightkilling proven roles. Granted, you didn't want a huge CoT, but if you nab Darth before last night, KWhit might have lasted quite a while.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #1176
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, kind of gave up there.

VOTE KWHIT
VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 11-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #1177
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
And wait for it....tonight I scanned Kwhit and the all spark screwed me up againg but he comes back....Decepticon! Booyah!

"YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME, DO YOU WANT A PIECE????"

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

I am most certainly NOT a Decepticon. I don't know what kind of crap DV is pulling, but it is a LIE. A bald-face ridiculous lie of incredible proportions. I mean, please! Have you seen my voting record? Why would I vote for Eaglefan on day 1 and then vote out Autumn yesterday?

It makes

NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!!!!!!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #1178
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
In lieu of having this drag out over the weekend and into next week and since I am pretty sure Dubb is the BG and could clear himself and Schmidty is the Brave one and can also clear himself and I have no way of doing so, I am the last decepticon. Lynch one of Kwhit or I and have LSG come after the other and vote nightfall.

Oh.

Well...

Never mind.

Sigh.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #1179
KWhit
Coordinator

Old 11-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #1180
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

I am most certainly NOT a Decepticon. I don't know what kind of crap DV is pulling, but it is a LIE. A bald-face ridiculous lie of incredible proportions. I mean, please! Have you seen my voting record? Why would I vote for Eaglefan on day 1 and then vote out Autumn yesterday?

It makes

NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!!!!!!
On Day 1, you were on your own as the Fallen correct?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #1181
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Oh, and Great Game PB. Loved it.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #1182
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
On Day 1, you were on your own as the Fallen correct?

Incorrect.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #1183
KWhit
Coordinator

VOTE LERRIUQS
VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 11-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #1184
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Incorrect.

Huh...Seemed to follow from the Day 1 voting - one more thing I'm wrong about in this game I guess...
Old 11-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #1185
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Given the reveals, I won't wait for the other two Nightfall votes and this gives CR a chance to get sign ups going over the weekend...

The canals of Venice burn, but amidst that fire is forged one of the truest and strongest bonds that mankind will ever come to know. The Autobots establish themselves once again as protectors of the world, defenders of the humans, and rival to the evil Decepticons. It is here that your final battle takes place.

First, LoneStarGirl calls out Danny and an epic brawl ensues. As they duel, it becomes quite obvious in Danny's viciousness that he is not simply an Autobot. In fact, he is incredibly ruthless and rage-filled, striking out at LoneStarGirl with furious punches and kicks. LoneStarGirl leaps at Danny, in one last gasp of an attempt to get control of the battle. Danny slides a laser from his forearm and aims at LoneStarGirl's head as she furiously attempts to re-aim it but the laser fires...

...where LSG's head was just a split-second prior. But with her final ounce of strength, she pulled back, putting Danny's own head into the way of his laser blast. And there lies The Fallen, the converted leader of the Decepticons.

"This is not the end..." he slurs out in his dying breath.

But the Autobots have decided otherwise, this is the end.

KWhit is grabbed, held to the ground and confronted with the evidence of his betrayal.

"Yes, yes, I am Megatron, leader of the Decepticons and the Powerful role. Do with me what you will, killing me just martyrs me for the others."

"We've got other plans for you," Optimus Prime says.

In that moment, the Autobots scramble, leaving a confused Megatron standing alone as liquid nitrogen washes over his body, seeping into each of his joints.

Megatron will spend a long, long time in a bunker deep underground under the closest of watch. And now, the Autobots, exposed to the world, take their rightful place as heroes.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #1186
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I want to thank all of you who played, I enjoyed watching your moves.

I really was afraid I had over-powered the wolves given the 14-4-1 ratio, especially knowing that The Fallen COULD be converted if Bumblebee was ever resurrected. I was very wrong though, as I think I must have under-powered the Decepticons.

As for the scans, as long as two Autobots held pieces of the All-Spark, you got the truest, most informative scans. With one piece, you got the basic Autobot/Decepticon scan, and when the two pieces were destroyed, you were getting two random scans. It turns out that in each case, your random scan was the correct one.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #1187
J23
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for running it PB, I had a lot of fun w/ this game.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #1188
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I had a piece of the all-spark to start, I guess I should have been more protective of it.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #1189
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

So what happened to the two pieces PB - apparently GE and dubb had them but only one appeared to be with EF. Did RendeR get the other one?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #1190
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

No, when both players that could use it died, the pieces were lost for good. They were the 'conduit' as it were to the powers of the All-Spark. They basically became rocks at that point. EF and company were close to killing GE that would've given the second piece to EF earning a decent bonus (kill one specific Autobot, two random Autobots) AND you would've had the two day scan difficulty.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-06-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #1191
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Great game Alan
Old 11-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #1192
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the game PB.

I don't think I necessarily agree with everyone that with everyone having roles it made it hard for the wolves. I think the problem was that everyone had roles plus autobot names and too many ways for those to be confirmed.

Darth Vilus, I did get your hint about your role but only after kwhit of all people actually quoted some of it again. That is when I stated you wern't a good lynch choice. After the times it was brought up by others though, I figured it was also noticed by the wolves. But then Autumn also did the reveal, and at first i decided to just not vote Autumn and let the wolves sort it out for us (since I assumed they saw your hints too), but then Autumn was overly evasive and it ended up just making me say screw it, I'll just vote Autumn.

I was curious about some of the moves made though. Why kill Hoopsguy after he announced he used the power and had no more power? Same thing with JAG? I figured you would be trying to take shots at Scanner 2.0 out there. I could only guess to remove COT members, but with Goldeneagle and Jackal still 100% confirmed, that felt like an uphill battle to me.

Also for Autumn, why did you place yourself in everyone's sights yesterday? I didn't think it was a foregone conclusion that you were going to be a target, I think you were even 3rd or 4th on my list personally but then you pretty much jumped on the grenade there. Was it to save Danny assuming he might take the heat and you'd rather have the brutal die to take out someone else? Also why take out me there, as I actually would have probably not gone right back after Danny there and actually had gotten suspicious of Lonestargirl that lynch. I figured as the brutal you would have taken out Darth Vilus there (which would have kept him from scanning kwhit)

Anyways, thanks again for the game PurduebRad!

Last edited by Alan T : 11-06-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #1193
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
EF and company were close to killing GE that would've given the second piece to EF earning a decent bonus (kill one specific Autobot, two random Autobots) AND you would've had the two day scan difficulty.

Yikes, that would've been insane. I almost missed the night deadline for N2 even though I knew if Lathum didn't resurrect the lynch target that I was going to make use of the Hunter ability, which perhaps would've given them the extra day they needed to find the piece.

Fun game PB, thanks.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #1194
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Thanks for the game PB.

I don't think I necessarily agree with everyone that with everyone having roles it made it hard for the wolves. I think the problem was that everyone had roles plus autobot names and too many ways for those to be confirmed.

Darth Vilus, I did get your hint about your role but only after kwhit of all people actually quoted some of it again. That is when I stated you wern't a good lynch choice. After the times it was brought up by others though, I figured it was also noticed by the wolves. But then Autumn also did the reveal, and at first i decided to just not vote Autumn and let the wolves sort it out for us (since I assumed they saw your hints too), but then Autumn was overly evasive and it ended up just making me say screw it, I'll just vote Autumn.

I was curious about some of the moves made though. Why kill Hoopsguy after he announced he used the power and had no more power? Same thing with JAG? I figured you would be trying to take shots at Scanner 2.0 out there. I could only guess to remove COT members, but with Goldeneagle and Jackal still 100% confirmed, that felt like an uphill battle to me.

Also for Autumn, why did you place yourself in everyone's sights yesterday? I didn't think it was a foregone conclusion that you were going to be a target, I think you were even 3rd or 4th on my list personally but then you pretty much jumped on the grenade there. Was it to save Danny assuming he might take the heat and you'd rather have the brutal die to take out someone else? Also why take out me there, as I actually would have probably not gone right back after Danny there and actually had gotten suspicious of Lonestargirl that lynch. I figured as the brutal you would have taken out Darth Vilus there (which would have kept him from scanning kwhit)

Anyways, thanks again for the game PurduebRad!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious at what Darth was hinting at yesterday and that the wolves had to pick up on it. I was surprised as well that they didn't off him before he got a chance to say anything.

And agreed on Autumn - he was moving down the list of suspicious right before he put himself at the top of the list.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #1195
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I actually was The Sacrificer. Hence why I was bluffing at more than I really was, being nightkilled was my role.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #1196
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Great game PB. I'd love to see you revise the ruleset and take another crack at this down the road. The concept is awesome.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #1197
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I left my reveal suspicious on purpose. It seemed at that point that if it wasnt' me with my poor reveal, it was going ot be Danny. Danny was our cunning, and so we were hoping to get him scanned. I was brutal, so it made more sense for me to get lynched. I took you out becuase I figured youd go right back after Danny the next day, you had just been too good at ferreting us out. PLus we needed to leave the scanners alive to have any chance, since we needed Danny ot get scanned.

Why did you guys both scan KWhit that night? I was sure Dannywould get scanned since he had been the lead suspect all day.

We basically felt we had to go after CoT members. There were too many poeple who had or could confirm their roles and eventually it was going to be a matter of picking us out of the few people left without one. And we had a cunning, so there was a desire to let him get scanned.

Also, we knew there was a role that would reveal evidence of its killer if we nightkilled them, so it was safer to take out known roles and not reveal one of us.

Basically we just kept getting burned iwht you guys putting wolves on the chopping block. Therefore we kept making ourselves suspicious by having to try to save them, and earning more suspicion the next day.

I had a full reveal planned that I think would have convinced people, but it just didn't make sense to go through iwth it and have Danny get lynched.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #1198
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I was close to passing the all spark to JAG the night he was killed.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #1199
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I actually was The Sacrificer. Hence why I was bluffing at more than I really was, being nightkilled was my role.

Good play, we figured you were the BG and came close to nightkilling you. You were the reason though we didn't bother going scanner hunting.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #1200
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I was close to passing the all spark to JAG the night he was killed.

I was close to passing it to The Jackal the night it was stolen from me as a measure to gain trust, but thought he was too visable of a target and that I would be better off holding on to it.