CHA:MIA
93:82 OVR
87:85 OFF
95:80 DEF

Back home to try to get ahead.

First Quarter

Dwayne Wade 21 (Miami 27)
Carlotte 23

Dear lord. Wade with the best quarter I've ever seen in an opponent. 9-12, 2-3 from 3, 2 boards and a steal, 21 points. Sloan 6. Padgett 7 points/3 boards, Mayo 5, Henderson 4. We had 4 charges in the quarter, Wallace 2 fouls early.

Second Quarter

Miami 54
Charlotte 52

Wade only has 4 more in that quarter, which means he's got 25 for the half. Sloan 10. Mayo leads us with 15, Sparks has a huge quarter and has 11 points/5 boards, Padgett 9. Sparks also has 3 blocks. Odd stat of the game... we haven't even attempted a 3. Mayo has a few dunks, Sparks/Padgett obviously all inside, we do have a few midrange jumpers but we have done a great job getting inside.

Third Quarter

Miami 74
Charlotte 70

Close the entire quarter, we tied it up at 66 but fall back behind by 4. Wade has slowed down a ton, but he's still at 29 points/5 boards/4 assists. Sloan has 16, Chalmers 8, Teague 7. Mayo has 21 for us, Sparks 13 points/10 boards, Padgett 11 points/7 boards, Felton 10 points/6 assists. Wallace now has 3 charges and 1 over the back foul, he picked up his 4th about 3 minutes into the 3rd and sat forever.

Fourth Quarter

We start with Swanson/Mayo/Wallace/Padgett/Chandler.

8:30 to go - Miami leads 82-78, all our starters are back in for now.

7:00 to go - 84-83 Miami, we've got it down to 1 after a Mayo 3 point play. Padgett gets a short rest, 4 starters + Fisher.

5:05 to go - Mayo has pretty much taken over the game. We're up 91-86 and Mayo now has 35 points, he's got 14 on the quarter already.

3:55 to go - Mayo is exhausted, We lead 92-86, Swanson/Henderson/Wallace/Padgett/Sparks are in right now.

2:30 to go - Miami cuts it to two before Henderson gets a 3 point play. Miami scores once more and its 95-92 Charlotte. All 5 starters are back in.

1:15 to go - Wade hits a jumper and we've missed a few shots in a row now... Its 95-94 and Miami has the ball.

1:06 to go - Miami takes the lead with a hook inside, 96-95 Heat.

0:57 to go - Chalmers fouls Felton, Felton hits two free throws, 97-96 Charlotte.

0:55 to go - heh... Miami calls a timeout, inbounds to wade, runner, good. 98-97 Miami.

0:44 to go - Felton goes around a screen and hits one from 10 feet. 99-98 Charlotte!

0:35 to go - Wade drives and Sparks fouls him. Star call imo! Wade looked out of control. Wade hits both free throws, 100-99 Miami.

0:13 to go - We go inside to Padgett and he misses a shot from about 6 feet out. Miami rebounds, they get it to Wade and we foul. He hits both, 102-99, we get a timeout.

0:09 to go - Maybe I should have gone for 3, but Mayo drives for a layin. 102-101.

0:08 to go - Mayo fouls Wade. Wade hits the first, misses the second! 103-101. We get a timeout.

Mayo takes the inbounds pass, spin move, he doesn't have an open lane here really, but I try the drive anyway. Mayo is stripped, the ball rolls to Padgett, but he doesn't get his shot to go. Miami rebounds, we foul. They hit 1 of 2, but there's only 0.3 left and we don't get a shot off.

Miami 104
Charlotte 101

Mayo: 38 points
Sparks: 16 points/12 boards
Felton: 16 points/8 assists
Padgett: 11 points/9 boards
Henderson: 11 points
Swanson: 5 points
Wallace: 4 points

I knew Wade was getting all the free throws at the end, but he snuck up on me in the 4th. He had a 20 point 4th quarter!! Wade goes for 49 points/6 boards/7 assists. That's an all time great playoff performance right there.

Miami takes a 3-2 lead. The road team has won every game this series. So we need to go win in Miami in game 6 and then figure out how to steal a home game in game 7 :P
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #402
Ironhead
College Prospect

What do you think it is about Miami (outside of Wade) that is making them such a tough matchup?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #403
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
What do you think it is about Miami (outside of Wade) that is making them such a tough matchup?

Man that is a good question. Chalmers/Wade/Sloan are holding up really well against Felton/Mayo/Wallace, and I'm just not experiencing the edge inside that I thought I would have. I'm not dominating the glass and Padgett isn't scoring 25+ like i thought he would. I played Miami just once in the regular season but wasn't impressed with them at all. They've been a different team here in the playoffs, SF Sloan and PG Chalmers get most of the credit, but I think in these last two games I'm going to focus a little more on trying to get Padgett going inside.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #404
Radii
Head Coach

Eastern Conference Finals Game 6

(3) Charlotte at (4) Miami

Miami leads 3-2

92:82 OVR
87:85 OFF

Playoff life on the line today, but its ok because we never lose in Miami!

First Quarter

Charlotte 23
Miami 22

Padgett starts out 5-6 before missing his last 4 shots of the quarter, still he's 5-10 plus a couple FT's for 12 points. Mayo has 5, Sparks 4. Felton had a dunk attempt blocked on our last possession of the quarter and he's scoreless. Wade is the go to guy for Miami again, scoring 13, a few of them on plays where we just had zero chance to stop him. The rest of their scoring is balanaced, one bucket for 4 different guys. We drew 2 fouls on Jermaine O'Neal by going inside, forcing Miami to their bench early.

Second Quarter

Charlotte 56
Miami 36

We win the quarter 33-14!! Wade sits for the first 6 minutes and Mayo takes advantage big time. At one point with about 7 minutes left it was 32-28, Mayo scored 9 in a row in about 45 seconds and we were off to the races. Its a 19 point quarter for him, Mayo 25, Padgett 14(1-3 shooting), Sparks 8 points/7 boards, no one else more than 3. Wade leads Miami still but only has 15. Sloan 5, no one else more than 4.

Third Quarter

Charlotte 78
Miami 57

Padgett carries us this quarter, guess it'll be Mayo's turn in the 4th. Padgett scores 16 this quarter and has 30 points/9 boards. Mayo 27, Sparks 8 points/9 boards. Wade goes scoreless in the 3rd(wtf). Sloan 17, Wade 15.

Fourth Quarter

5:30 to go - Our backups play the first 6 minutes, they hold up for the most part but Miami just scored a quick four and cut our lead to 13. Its 85-72, our starters are back in.

3:45 to go - oh lord, Wade just decided he's not missing anymore. Its 85-78, 6 straight for Wade.

3:35 to go - Mayo wakes up and dunks on Jermaine O'Neal and gets a 3 point play, 88-78.

1:45 to go - Wade and Mayo are dueling it out, which is to our advantage since we have the lead. Its 92-82. Mayo has our last 7, Wade has Miami's last 10.

The defenses pick up, Mayo blocks Wade but misses a 3 on the other end, by the time either team scores again its over.

Charlotte 96
Miami 84

Mayo: 38 points
Padgett: 33 points/10 boards
Sparks: 8 points/11 boards
Henderson: 5 points
Wallace: 4 points/6 boards
Chandler: 4 points/4 boards
Felton: 4 points/4 assists
Swanson: 0 points/5 assists

Wade scores 27 points and dishes out 6 assists. Sloan 21, O'Neal 10 points/11 boards. We just completely took over in the 2nd quarter and never really looked back. I waited about 1 minute too long to get my starters back in in the 4th and that made it slightly exciting but we easily take this thing to a 7th game.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #405
Radii
Head Coach

Eastern Conference Finals Game 7

(4) Miami at (3) Charlotte

Series Tied 3-3

93:81 OVR
87:84 OFF

Game 7! Clearly we got near perfection from Mayo and Padgett in game 6. Lets see if we can get that kind of showing out of both of them again today.

First Quarter

Charlotte 30
Miami 21

Mayo scores our first 12 points, including 2 threes and we jump out to a quick lead. Mayo picks up two fouls and sits and then we go to Padgett. Mayo 15, Padgett 8 points/3 boards. Sparks has 4 boards and we have 5 blocks as a team, we're just everywhere in the 1st quarter. Wade scores 10 and dishes 3 assists, while Jermaine O'neal has 7 points and 5 boards in a very strong quarter.

Second Quarter

OJ Mayo 42 (Charlotte 72)
Miami 42

Uh yeah. So this is nifty. Mayo is 8-11 from 3 and just isn't missing anything at all inside the 3 point line. Amazing performance. Padgett has 10 points/6 boards, no one else over 4, but who cares. Wade is done. He picked up fouls #2 and 3 midway through the quarter, but once we built up the lead to 25, they brought him back in and he picked up his 4th foul on a charge. Wade 10, Teague 10, Miami's season is done.

Third Quarter

Charlotte 93
Miami 71

The backups are in until Miami cut the lead down to about 20, then the starters come in and hold the lead. Mayo only scores 8 but that gets him up to 50. Padgett has 18 points/11 boards. Sloan has 21 for Miami, Wade has 10 points/7 assists. Now to not blow a 20 point lead!

Fourth Quarter

10:50 to go - Miami scores the first 5 and we immediately get our starters back in.

6:50 to go - Miami gets it to 13 at one point and Wade is lighting up the 4th. Despite Mayo's 50(now 52), Padgett seems to be Mr Reliable this quarter. We lead 106-89 and should be in good shape but if we falter for a couple minutes Wade will get the lead under 10 so we're still playing hard here.

Ok, that's that. We withstand one short run where Miami cut it to 13 and keep it above 15 the rest of the game.

Charlotte 118
Miami 100

OJ Mayo: 54 points/4 boards/4 assists
Padgett: 25 points/13 boards
Sparks: 10 points/9 boards
Felton; 7 points/12 assists
Swanson: 7 points
Wallace: 6 points/8 boards
Bibby: 4 points
Chandler: 4 points
Henderson: 1 points

Wade scores 16 in the 4th but its just way too late. He ends up with 26 points/11 assists, a solid game but totally overshadowed by Mayo.

FINALS BABY!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 AM   #406
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Just got caught up from a busy weekend. Congrats! What a game 7 for Mayo - sweet. Good luck in the finals!!!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #407
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

HEY - when the finals starting up??

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #408
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
HEY - when the finals starting up??

Oh man I did a baaaaaaaaaad lat weekend... I started playing Final Fantasy XIII. I've put a ton of hours into it already so it isn't going to take me a month to finish or anything, but yeah I'm probably going to try to finish it.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #409
Radii
Head Coach

Finals should start tomorrow, now that I've plowed through final fantasy.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #410
Radii
Head Coach

NBA FINALS - New Orleans Scouting

PG Chris Paul - 96 OVR - 21 ppg/4.4 rpg/8.8 apg - This is Paul's lowest scoring season since 2006-07, a sign of the supporting cast that he was finally given. A+ hands/A- defense/B inside/A outside, right up there with Kobe/Lebron/Wade as far as the player ratings go.

SG JR Smith - 79 OVR - One of the many Hornets bitten by the stat bug, Smith averages over 300 points/game, pretty good! B- hands, A+ outside, but not a great defender and not that great inside.

SF Valmimlton Saramago - 78 OVR - Stat bug - Saramago backed up Caron Butler in Washington for 2 seasons before getting moved to New Orleans and earning the starting job. B inside/B- outside/B- perimeter D/C+ post D. A solid complimentary player who isn't really great anywhere but doesn't have any gaping weaknesses.

PF Josh Smith - 84 OVR - stat bug - I've played a number of games against Smith when he was with the Hawks. He has a decent outside shot but Padgett should do well inside against him. B- rebounder, B- post D/B inside/B- outside.

C Emeka Okafor - 73 OVR - stat bug - Okafor is smaller than Sparks, but he's a solid rebounder and a solid post defender. He shouldn't be a big threat to score but he should hold his own as long as he doesn't get stuck on Padgett too often.

New Orleans has really good depth too:

PF Jesse Ellitot - 78 OVR - A rebounder/B inside, not a good defender. Stat bug whee.

SG Evan Dailey - 78 OVR - stat bug - Dailey averaged about 9 points/game his first 3 years with the Hornets as a starter before being relegated to the bench by the acquisition of JR Smith. Hes not too happy about that but he is still a decent scoring threat, B hands/B- inside/B outside/B+ defense.

Joakim Noah is rated 72 OVR and comes off the bench too, another very good rebounder who doesn't do much else.

There's a weakness at center here but overall New Orleans is a strong, balanced team.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #411
Radii
Head Coach

NBA Finals Game 1

(3) Charlotte at (1) New Orleans

CHA:NO
92:93 OVR
87:90 OFF
95:94 DEF

First Quarter

New Orleans 24
Charlotte 23

We lead early, New Orleans leads 18-12 with about 5 minutes left and its a tight game at the end of the quarter. Our scoring is balanced, Padgett 5, Sparks, Felton and Wallace 4 each, Swanson and Mayo each have 3, each hitting a 3 pointer. JR Smith shoots 5-6 and has 11 points, Paul has 7 points and 4 assists. A few others have 2.

Second Quarter

New Orleans 42
Charlotte 38

Chris Paul picks up 3 fouls, he and JR Smith don't score at all in the quarter but this is where their depth shows, its a low scoring quarter but the Hornets lead the entire 12 minutes. JR Smith 11, Paul 7 still, Saramago 6, Dailey 5, Okafor and Noah have 4 each. Padgett leads us with 9, Felton, Sparks and Wallace have 6 each, Felton has 5 assists too. Mayo is 2-8 and only has 5, and Padgett is only shooting 3-8. One of them needs ot wake up!

Third Quarter

New Orleans 70
charlotte 66

New Orleans leads by as much as 8, its close but it seems like we're struggling to score more than they are. Mayo has woken up which is huge. Padgett has 15 points/7 boards/2 blocks, Mayo has 15, Sparks has 10, Felton 8 points/7 assists and Wallace has 8. JR Smith 14, Saramago 14, Paul 11 points/7 assists for the Hornets. Noah and Elliot, the backup bigs for the Hornets have 8 and 7.

Fourth Quarter

The CPU starts us with Bibby/Swanson/Henderson/Padgett/Chandler. Ok...

9:15 to go - I bring Felton in, New Olreans is pulling away a bit, they lead 78-70.

8:30 to go - 79-72, Padgett needs a breather, I go with Felton/Mayo/Henderson/Fisher/Sparks after a timeout.

6:40 to go - Mayo has our last 6 but we have no defense at all, its 87-78. Paul is even on the bench with 5 fouls, JR Smith is playing the point quite well for them. I get another timeout.

6:00 to go - Mayo with a block for foul #4, its 89-80 New Orleans, all 5 starters back in for Charlotte.

5:00 to go - Mayo with two free throws, we get a good stop on D, Mayo hits a 3 in transition. Another stop on D, Mayo with a layup in transition on a great feed from Wallace. 89-87 New Orleans, its down to 2!

4:40 to go - Another stop, Felton with a drive and we're tied up! Dell Sparks deserves a ton of credit here. He has altered two of the last 3 shots by the Hornets as they drive the lane, and has pulled down all 3 boards to start the break.

2:45 to go - Paul finally came back in aftera foul at the 4:30 mark. New Orleans scores 4 in a row to make it 93-89, Mayo just hit a 20 foot jumper to cut it back to 2, 93-91. Mayo is my only reliable scorer here, I just had two misses from Wallace before going back to him.

1:55 to go - Paul hits a jumper, Sparks two from the line and Mayo with another bucket and we're tied up at 95. Mayo has obviously taken over on offense but I just cannot stress the importance of Dell Sparks on the defensive end all quarter. Another block and another rebound in our last two trips. He's only credited with one block on the game, 12 points/7 boards, I'd say 5 boards/1 block are from this quarter alone and his impact has really been greater than that as far as altering shots as Josh Smith works inside and JR Smith and Saramago have tried to drive without much success the last few minutes.

1:35 to go - 22 seconds of good D, but one pump fake with just a couple seconds left on the shot clock leads to a wide open jumper for Saramago. 97-95 Hornets.

1:20 to go - Wallace with a give and go to Mayo, Mayo is covered pretty well and dumps it to Sparks who makes a little hook shot. 97-97.

1:10 to go - JR Smith with an open 3 from the right corner. 100-97 New Orleans.

0:57 to go - Padgett gets it inside, Mayo's man leaves him alone to double(really???), Padgett hits Mayo, Okafor has to come defend hiim, and Mayo again finds Sparks for a layup. 100-99 New Orleans.

0:32 to go - Sparks with another good play on defense(this time with me controlling him, I haven't been much since he wasn't scoring much). We force a tough shot, Padgett with the board, we set up quickly on offense and Padgett gets Josh Smith out of position, goes to the rim for a dunk and gets fouled!! He hits the free throw, its 102-100 Charlotte.

0:17 to go - Paul with a give and go to Saramago, but he can't hit his shot in the lane, Sparks is there to alter the shot again. We rebound, and have one of those situations where the other team isn't going to foul even though there's less than a 2 second difference in the shot/game clock, so I just push the ball up the court and Mayo is ableto beat his man one on one in transition for a dunk. 104-100!

0:12 to go - They go quickly to JR Smith who drives, Mayo plays good D and forces a miss, guess who with the board. Unfortunately, Sparks isn't a good FT shooter, he misses one of two. 105-100

Paul hits a 3 but its too late.

Charlotte 105
New Orleans 103

Mayo: 34 points/3 assists (19 4th quarter points)
Padgett: 20 points/9 boards
Sparks: 17 points/8 boards (7 points/6 boards I believe in the 4th)
Felton: 10 points/8 assists
Wallace: 8 points/5 boards
Chandler: 6 points
Swanson: 4 points
Henderson: 2 points
Bibby: 2 points
Fisher: 2 points

JR Smith shoots 9-15 and leadsthe Hornets with 21. Saramago 19 points/4 boards/7 assists, Paul 16 points/10 assists for a double double in just 27 minutes with some foul trouble. He was definitely pass first late in the 4th though.

Mayo and Sparks were just huge in the 4th. All of those mentions of Sparks altering shots/getting boards... the first 3 quarters it seemed like New Orleans was driving and scoring at will at times, and we were finally getting some key stops in the 4th quarter.

Charlotte leads 1-0 in the finals!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #412
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Nice to see this back Radii - awesome fourth quarter to start off the series up 1-0.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 04-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #413
Radii
Head Coach

Oh I forgot that I saved a replay from game 1:

Padgett hustles down court to swat away what looked like an easy transition layup.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:12 AM   #414
Radii
Head Coach

NBA Finals Game 2

Charlotte leads 1-0

First Quarter

Charlotte 41
New Orleans 22

Wow. Gerald Wallace 2-2 from 3, Mayo 1-1, Felton 1-2. Wallace with a great quarter, 4-4 with 2 3's and a couple free throws for 12 points. Wallace is overshadowed big time these days but its nice to see him do something like this, a few years ago we were building around this guy and now he's a solid role player. Padgett has 10, Mayo has 10 and 5 assists. Mayo going into the lane led to all of the other open 3's that we sunk. Wallace and Paul both pick up 2 fouls. Paul commits too many reach in fouls. Saramago with 8, JR Smith 4 for the Hornets.

Second Quarter

Charlotte 61
New Orleans 49

Mayo 15 points/6 assists, easily the player of the half. Wallace 14, Padgett 10 points/6 boards, Swanson has 9 off the bench. Paul has 12 to lead the Hornets, Saramago 10, JR Smith 7. JR Smith is only shooting 3-9. New Orleans cut our lead down to 9 pretty much right away in the quarter and it stayd right around 10 for most of the period. Paul picked up foul #3 in the final minute of the quarter so that'll remain an issue going into the 2nd half.

Third Quarter

Charlotte 86
New Orleans 79

We lead by double digits for just about the entire quarter, New Orleans scores 8 in a row and cuts the lead to 4 before a Gerald Wallace 3 puts us up 7 as the quarter ends. Gerald Wallace is having a hell of a game here. He's now 4-7 from 3 and has 27 points total. Mayo 17, Sparks was huge this quarter and now has 14 points. Padgett 12 points/7 boards. Chris Paul picks up foul #4 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd and paul's foul troubles have to be the biggest disappointment of the series so far. JR Smith and Saramago are both solid shooters and are carrying the Hornets. 23 points for Smith, 20 for Saramago, 14 for Paul.

Fourth Quarter

We open with Felton/Mayo/Henderson/Padgett/Chandler

8:15 to go - Each team scores consistently for the first 3 minutes of the quarter, we break things open with a 3 from Felton, a stop, and a hook shot from Padgett. We now lead 97-87 and are on a 5-0 run.

7:00 to go - 4 straight from New Orleans, 97-91. I get a timeout and switch up the lineup: Swanson/Mayo/Wallace/Fisher/Sparks.

5:00 to go - Now its 8 straight from New Orleans. 97-95 Charlotte. I get another timeout. I bring back all 5 starters.

4:30 to go - Paul strips the ball from Mayo as he catches a pass going to the rim, leads a break and fires a great pass to JR Smith who ties the game with a layup.

4:05 to go - Padgett with a hook shot in the post to end a 10-0 New Orleans run. 99-97 Charlotte.

3:00 to go - Mayo has our last 4 and there's a clear shift as we start going to our big guns in Mayo and Padgett. Its 103-99 Charlotte New Orleans ball.

2:15 to go - After an empty trip on each end JR Smith scores and cuts our lead down to 2, 103-101.

1:40 to go - Wallace with a drive to the basket but he cannot finish. Saramago scores and ties the game up again, its 103-103, our ball.

1:05 to go - Mayo misses a tough turnaround late in the shot clock on our end, saramago misses a pullup jumper from the free throw line still tied, we've got it back.

0:53 to go - Sparks draws a foul inside but he's a pretty poor free throw shooter and only hits 1 of 2. 104-103 Charlotte, Hornets ball.

0:41 to go - Paul gets by Felton and is fouled by Sparks going up for a shot in the lane. Paul hits both, 105-104 Hornets.

0:22 to go - I intend to take a quick shot but nothing presents itself early in the shot clock. Instead we work it into Padgett for a hook shot that is off the rim and no good. New Orleans rebounds and we foul Chris Paul. He hits both, 107-104.

Ugh, we blow the final 24 seconds badly, or perhaps Chris Paul comes up big like the superstar he is and wins it for the Hornets. He gets a steal and a quick feed to Saramago for a layup after our inbounds play. Trailing 109-104 with about 17 seconds left I go to Mayo but he is covered tightly, instead of forcing a 3 I have him drive and try to dish back out for a 3 and he throws the ball out of bounds. That'll do it.

New Orleans 111
Charlotte 104

Wallace: 27 points/5 boards
Mayo: 25 points/6 assists
Padgett: 18 points/8 boards
Sparks: 15 points/6 boards
Swanson: 9 points
Felton: 8 points/7 assists

JR Smith leads New Orleans with 27 points/4 boards/7 assists, a great game from him. Saramago 26, Paul 22 points/5 assists/4 steals in 33 minutes.

A disappointing loss after our great first quarter. In some games when I have a lead in the 2nd half I get slack trying to burn time or get bored with a big lead, that wasn't the case here, New Orleans just slowly worked the margin down over the course of the final 3 quarters and put together a great 4th quarter on me.

Series tied 1-1 going back to Charlotte.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #415
Radii
Head Coach

NBA Finals Game 3

(1) New Orleans at (3) Charlotte

Series Tied 1-1

At home after losing a tough one in game two.

First Quarter

New Orleans 29
Charlotte 27

Mayo and JR Smith are having an all out battle. Mayo scored the game's first 8 points, pushing Charlotte to an 8-0 lead. JR Smith got going and we went cold, the game ended up tied at 12. Smith and Mayo trade blows for the rest of the quarter in a close game. JR Smith shoots 8-8 and has 17 points. Mayo is 8-10 and has 18 points. No one, not even Chris Paul, has foul trouble so far this game.

Second Quarter

New Orleans 66
Charlotte 64

So uh yeah. I don't think I've ever played a game like this. Charlotte is leading the rebound battle 10-9. 19 rebounds in a half? New Orleans is shooting 73%, we're shooting 72% for the half. Mayo leads us with 22 points, Padgett 11, Felton 8, Swanson 7, Sparks 6 at the half. For the Hornets, JR Smith has 23, Saramago 13, Dailey 11(all in the 2nd quarter). Paul only has 2 points but 7 assists. If the shooting keeps up like this, we're each going to hit 130.

Third Quarter

New Orleans 89
Charlotte 88

New Orleans leads most of the quarter but its a very slim lead. Our biggest lead was 2, theirs was 3. Shooting %'s have come down a little heh. New Orleans is now 39/60, 65%. We're 36/56, 6%. Mayo is up to 31, Padgett has 13 points/5 boards, Sparks 12 points/6 boards. JR Smith is keeping up with Mayo the whole way, Smith with 29. Saramago 16, Josh Smith has 12 poinnts/7 boards, Dailey 11. This should be an awesome fourth quarter.

Fourth Quarter

We open with Felton/Henderson/Wallace/Padgett/Chandler.

9:45 to go - We're on fire and have forced a couple turnovers, Padgett just got a 3 point play, he's got 20 total now and we lead 97-93.

8:10 to go - 3 point play for New Orleans, its 97-96 Charlotte. Felton/Mayo/Wallace/Fisher/Chandler on the floor now.

6:30 to go - back and forth and back and forth. We trade baskets and lead 101-100 now.

5:25 to go - 103-102 Charlotte, Felton/Mayo/Henderson/Fisher/Sparks.

4:00 to go - After trading baskets one more time, we get a stop, Sparks a rebound, outlet to Mayo, feed ahead to Henderson who hits a wide open 3 in transition. 108-104 Charlotte.

3:40 to go - Josh Smith with a dunk for the Hornets 108-106. I get a timeout and get my starters all back in.

3:00 to go - Wallace with a dunk in transition, Paul with a layup after a give and go, 110-108 Charlotte leads, our ball.

2:30 to go - We struggle for 22 seconds before getting the ball to Mayo a few feet behind the 3 point line and he hits a contested 3 in true clutch fashion. 113-108!

2:15 to go - Wallace with a reach in foul, our 5th of the quarter. Saramago hits the first, misses the second. Josh Smith grabs the board, kicks it out to Saramago who hits a jumper, doh! 113-111.

1:47 to go - We go to Padgett, Saramago comes over to try to swipe at the ball, kick out to Wallace who drains a 3! 116-111.

1:25 to go - Saramago with a jumper, its bouncing around the rim and Wallace goes up and grabs it early. Goaltending, 116-113. Saramago is having a hell of a quarter, he's up to 29 on the game.

1:02 to go - Mayo takes a pretty quick 3 coming off a screen and misses. The worst possible mismatch on the other end... Sparks is on Paul. Paul with a fake, Sparks falls over, Paul with a wide open 3, 116-116.

0:51 to go - Padgett catches the ball at the line, gets by his man, draws the center, dishes to sparks for a layin. 118-116 Bobcats.

0:43 to go - Timeout Hornets, then Paul drives the lane after the inbounds. He draws the entire defense and Sparks is there with a beautiful block as Paul tries to get the ball up to the rim. That's a game changer right there!

0:22 to go - I try to go to Padgett but he isn't able to get a good shot, he gets it to Mayo for a 22 foot jumper as the shot clock winds down, its no good and the Hornets rebound and get a timeout.

0:05 to go - Paul goes one on one agaist Felton, works for a 17 foot jumper, and its no good! Mayo grabs the rebound and is fouled.

Mayo hits both free throws, that seals it!!

Charlotte 120
New Orleans 116

Mayo: 40 points
Padgett: 20 points/5 boards/4 assists/3 steals
Sparks: 14 points/8 boards
Wallace: 14 points/6 boards
Henderson: 11 points
swanson: 9 points
Felton: 8 points
Fisher: 4 points

JR Smith and Saramago both score 29 for the hornets. Smith had 29 after 3, he was totally shut down in the final period. Dailey 15, Josh Smith 14 points, Paul 9 points/12 assists.

New Orleans ends up at 62%, Charlotte 61% from the floor. Crazy, crazy game.

We take a 2-1 series lead!

Here is Sparks game changing block with 43 seconds to go in the game:

Old 04-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #416
Radii
Head Coach

NBA Finals Game 4

Charlotte leads 2-1

A chance to take a commanding 3-1 series lead.

First Quarter

Charlotte 25
New Orleans 23

Close the entire quarter, neither team leads by more than 4 at any point. Padgett is on fire for us, 6-6 and a couple free throws, he has 14 points/3 boards. Mayo 5, a few others 2 each. JR Smith remains the best Hornets option, he has 12 points on 5-9 shooting. Paul has 5 points/5 assists. A few others have 2.

Second Quarter

Charlotte 48
New Orleans 43

Felton hits a 35 footer as time expires to give us our biggest lead going into the locker room. Mayo leads us with 16, not shooting well at all though 6-16/2-8 from 3. Padgett with 14, he was 0-3 from the field on the period, double teamed some and tired after about 5 minutes. Sparks has 6 points/8 boards, Felton has 5 assists. JR Smith has 18 to lead all scorers, he's 8-15 from the field, went a little cold. Saramago 8 points, Paul picked up 2 fouls quickly at the start of the 2nd quarter and sat. Paul has been very underwhelming in this series heh. Overall a stark contrast to last game, we are shooting 42%, New Orleans 40%.

Third Quarter

Charlotte 82
New Orleans 57

A 34-14 quarter, sheesh. With 4:30 to go in the 3rd we lead 70-49, on a 22-6 run over the first 7 1/2 minutes of the 3rd quarter. At that time we were up to 48% shooting, New Orleans is down to 35%. And we just kept going from there. JR Smith didn't score all quarter he still has 18. Saramago 15, Paul played the entire quarter and didn't score, only getting 2 assists. On our side Padgett is up to 29 points/7 boards, Mayo 21 points, Sparks 9 points/12 boards.

Fourth Quarter

Our backups play nearly the entire quarter, and the lead stays over 20 until the final 2 minutes.

Charlotte 97
New Orleans 81

Padgett: 29 points/7 boards/2 blocks
Mayo: 23 points
Sparks: 9 points/12 boards
Felton: 8 points/5 assists
Swanson: 8 points
Wallace: 6 points/6 boards
Henderson: 5 points/4 boards
Bibby: 5 points
Chandler: 4 points/5 boards

JR Smith finished with 26 for New Orleans, Saramago 17, Paul 11 points/9 assists. We shot 48% for the game and held New Orleans to 38%.

Charlotte leads 3-1 and is one win away from an NBA title!!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #417
duckman
Pro Starter

One win away, baby!
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #418
Radii
Head Coach

NBA Finals Game 5

Charlotte leads 3-1

I could have sworn other rounds were 2-2-1-1-1, but it looks like the finals are 2-3-2 and we get a chance to close out an NBA Chapionship at home!

First Quarter

New Orleans 38
Charlotte 25

Oh boy. Felton picks up foul #2 with 9 minutes to go in the quarter, Mayo picks up his 2nd with 5 minutes to go, JR Smith hits a bunch of deep shots and we are off to a terrible start. JR Smith with 14 for the Hornets, Paul 4 points/4 assists, a bunch of others with 4 points as well. Mayo has 8, Padgett 6 for us. Gerald Wallace 5. New Orleans gets to the line 9 times in the quarter as a result of our foul trouble.

Second Quarter

New Orleans 60
Charlotte 53

Felton foul #3 45 seconds in. Mayo charging foul 3 minutes in. Its 40-31 when Mayo sits. Sparks puts up a very solid 10 point/5 board half, Wallace scores 9 and Padgett 14 to really pick us up with the depth problems we suffer with the foul problems. JR Smith with 14,Dailey 11, and Josh Smith 8. Pau with 8 points/6 assists. Wallace and Sparks have given us a huge lift and we're right there if we can keep Mayo and Felton from picking up their 4th fouls.

Third Quarter

Holy Christ really? 11:53 to go in the 3rd and Paul drives right by Felton and Felton picks up foul #4. 9:55 to go in the quarter, Mayo fouls Paul for his 4th.

New Orleans 90
Charlotte 74

New Orleans gets very balanced scoring. JR Smith 18, Josh Smith 16, Paul 16 points/9 assists, Dailey 11 points. On our side Padgett is up to 19, Wallace 11, Sparks 10. Swanson and Mayo 8 each. Mayo hasn't scored since the first quarter, and Padgett/Wallace/Sparks did not do enough to carry us in the 3rd. Mayo and Felton have 4 fouls each. Mayo has played 15 minutes, Felton 8 minutes this game.

Fourth Quarter

We open with Felton/Mayo/Wallace/Padgett/Arthur.

10:30 to go - I bring Sparks in, entire starting lineup is in. We're letting them pull further away though, its 95-76.

10:20 to go - Mayo with a complete horseshit charge. The refs are not letting us come back here!

7:45 to go - Felton/Henderson/Wallace/Fisher/Chandler as we need to rest some guys. 97-80... not looking good at all here.

4:10 to go - Starters back in, 103-88. That was CPU subs that sat Mayo earlier heh, he hasn't played enough to be tired!

3:30 to go - OJ Mayo called for his THIRD charge of the game and he fouls out.

New Orleans 113
Charlotte 94

We never got closer than 15 in the final quarter.

Padgett: 23 points/5 boards/2 blocks
Wallace: 15 points
Sparks: 12 points/10 boards
Felton: 11 points
Mayo: 8 points
Swanson: 8 points/5 assists
Henderson: 8 points
Chadler: 4 points
Lindsey: 3 points

Mayo and Felton each logged 20 minutes. Mayo scored 8 of our first ~12 points and then did not score again all game. Paul has his best game of the series with 22 points and 10 assists. Josh Smith 21, JR Smith 18. Just a disgusting performance as we're forced to go back to New Orleans to win a championship. Swanson can play, I can deal with Felton being off the court, but we need Mayo to win, clearly.

We still lead 3-2 and need to find a way to win one last game in New Orleans.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:53 AM   #419
Radii
Head Coach

NBA Finals Game 6

Charlotte leads 3-2

After failing to close it out at home in Game 5 we've got to win one on the road.

First Quarter

New Orleans 21
Charlotte 17

Mayo shoots 1-5, Padgett 0-1, just 2 points between them. Sparks has a hell of a quarter, 8 points/2 boards/2 blocks. He gets a putback and Mayo and Felton find him after drawing doubleteams. Felton 3, a couple others 2. JR Smith and Josh Smith both have 6. Paul doesn't score but has 3 assists.

Second Quarter

New Orleans 55
Charlotte 36

uh-oh... New Orleans shoots 61%, we shoot 46%. They haven't attempted a single three because they are getting inside so easily. Sparks still leads us with 11, Mayo 9, Henderson 5 Chandler 4. We really, really don't want Henderson and Chandler being our 3rd and 4th leading scorers. Mayo shot well this quarter, up to 4-8 on the game. Padgett only has 2 and has only put up two shots. I need to get him way more involved. JR Smith 14, Saramago 13, backup big Elliot 10 in only 6 minutes. Paul has 2 points/7 assists.

Epic collapse? I'd like to make this a game in the 3rd, guh.

Third Quarter

New Orleans 85
Charlotte 58

*sighs* I can't stop them. Sparks 19 points/11 boards, he has a number of offensive boards. Mayo 15, Felton 7 poits/5 assists. Padgett 4 points on 2-6 shooting. Josh Smith 18, Saramago 18, JR Smith 14, Paul 10 points/11 assists. Get ready for game 7.

Fourth Quarter

New Orleans 105
Charlotte 79

Nothing to report here, no injuries and we ended this as quickly as possible.

Sparks: 21 points/12 boards
Mayo: 17 points/4 assists
Padgett: 12 points/6 boards
Felton: 9 points/7 assists
Chandler: 6 points/7 boards
Henderson: 5 points
Wallace: 4 points
Bibby: 2 points

Saramago 20, Josh Smith 18, JR Smith 14, Paul 10 points/11 assists for the Hornets.

After cruising to a 3-1 lead, we've been destroyed twice in a row and now face a game 7 on the road. Exciting to be sure, but New Orleans has all the momentum.

Last edited by Radii : 04-15-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #420
Radii
Head Coach

NBA Finals Game 7

Series Tied 3-3

Nothing quite like a game 7 to decide a championship! Goal for the game: Make sure Mayo and Padgett are my top two scorers. I can't lose this series in a game where Sparks or Wallace lead us in scoring. It woudl be nice to get a solid 15 point performance from one of the other starters but we have to make sure Padgett and Mayo are the focus.

First Quarter

9:45 to go - Good start for Charlotte, its 10-2. 7 of our 10 scored by Mayo/Padgett.

6:00 to go - Some inside scoring and a 3 for JR Smith closes the gap quickly. We lead 15-13.

2:05 to go - Mayo nails a jumper with JR Smith in his face as the shot clock expires 27-21. Mayo has 11, Padgett 9. NO takes their second timeout of the quarter.

Charlotte 31
New Orleans 27

We actually led by 8, New Orleans scored the last 4 of the quarter. Mayo 13, Padgett 9, Tyson Chandler actually has 3 very nice buckets inside off the bench and he has 6. Paul 6 points/3 assists, Saramago 6 points, JR Smith 5 points for the Hornets. Josh Smith picked up two early fouls and had to sit, he's been playing very well lately. The Hornets backup bigs are good but that still hurts them.

Second Quarter

8:00 to go - New Orleans leads for the first time, 34-33 after a Saramago 3. Mayo and Padgett were both on the bench for the first 3 minutes of the quarter, Wallace got a number of open looks and is ice cold(0-4 I think).

5:50 to go - We assert ourselves and go back ahead, its 40-36 Bobcats. Mayo has picked up two fouls in the last couple minutes, so that's something to watch.

3:50 to go - A 9-0 New Orleans run puts them ahead by 5, 45-40. Saramago is out of his mind, hitting everything.

1:25 to go - A very quick 7-0 run for us gives us the lead back, 49-48. Padgett scored 5 of the 7, Swanson the other two.

Charlotte 51
New Orleans 51

We've avoided the early blowout that plagued us the last two games. Padgett 18, Mayo 17, so that's going exactly the way we needed it to. Chandler is still our 3rd scorer with 6. Swanson picked up 4 assists, 3 to Padgett, in the final 3 minutes of the half off the bench. Padgett has 3 blocks, all 3 blocks of Chris Paul when he tries to drive. Saramago is HUGE for the Hornets, he has 18 at the half. Paul 9, JR Smith 4.

Third Quarter

9:15 to go - New Orleans hasn't missed yet, including two treys. JR Smith has 7 in the quarter already and its 63-57 New Orleans. Mayo has 4 for us and now has 21. We burn a timeout and only have 3 left for the game.

6:00 to go - New Orleans cools off, its 65-62 Hornets now. JR Smith has 9 this quarter and 18 total. Mayo 23, Padgett 20.

2:30 to go - Now we go ice cold, just 8 points in the last 7 minutes now, and its 74-65 New Orleans.

New Orleans 78
Charlotte 69

I didn't want to be down 9 going into the final quarter, but we were just cold as could be for the final 9 minutes of the 3rd and still are within 10. Mayo 25, Padgett 20 and 8 boards, Chandler and Sparks 7 each. Saramago 20, JR Smith 18, Paul 14 and 6 assists to lead New Orleans.

Fourth Quarter

We open with Swanson/Mayo/Henderson/Padgett/Sparks

9:00 to go - 83-74, still a 9 point game. We've played good defense but come up short on offense, we had two fast break chances to cut the lead to 4 and came away with a bricked runner in traffic and a turnover.

8:15 to go - 83-78, 4 straight points for Padgett. We got lucky, Saramago missed a wide open 3 on their end, that doesn't happen often.

7:45 to go - We get the ball back, after a foul all 5 starters come back in. I assume I'm going to need to rest Mayo and Padgett at some point but now when we're down 5 with a little momentum.

6:30 to go - GERALD WALLACE!!!!! Wallace gets fouled, only makes 1 out of 2. Good stop on defense forcing Paul into a very tough shot, Wallace gets a breakaway dunk. Another good stop forcing a missed jumper, Felton finds Wallace wide open for 3, I think its a bad idea b/c he's so cold but I just cannot not take it... and this one is GOOD. Wallace is now 3-7 on the game, 1-4 from 3, and he has all 6 points of a 6-0 run that gives us the lead! 84-83 Charlotte.

6:30 to go - Timeout New Orleans. Fisher comes in for an exhausted Padgett.

6:05 to go - Sparks deflects an alley-oop attempt and Felton gets a layup the other way. JR Smith finally ends our run with a trey. 86-86.

3:55 to go - Still tied up, 90-90. Padgett is back in, all 5 starters in. If New Orleans will take a timeout or two we may keep our starters in for the duration.

2:40 to go - Mayo is listed as cold for the first time all game. New Orleans leads 92-90 and we're lucky its not worse. Our last 3 trips have been Mayo turning it over, Felton missing a runner in the lane, and Mayo having a drive to the basket stuffed by JR Smith.

2:10 to go - Padgett misses a shot inside, Paul with a jumper ont he other end. 94-90 New Orleans. Timeout Charlotte.

1:45 to go - Mayo misses another jumper as the shot clock runs down. Hornets ball, they get a timeout. Mayo has 2 points this quarter only.

1:15 to go - Mayo with good D on JR Smith, forcing a missed jumper. Outlet to Wallace who hits a little 6 footer. 94-92 Hornets.

0:58 to go - JR Smith with a tough shot from 13 feet out. 96-92 Hornets.

0:45 to go - Padgett tries to feed Mayo going to the rim but its tipped and turned over. Ugh.

0:15 to go - JR Smith takes a tough 3 as the clock expires, misses, but Josh Smith grabs the offensive board. That likely does it.

0:09.8 to go - Mayo with a 3. 98-95, not quite over but I needed you making something a little before now buddy.

JR Smith makes his next two free throws, Mayo misses a 3, and that's it.

New Orleans 100
Charlotte 95

Mayo: 30 points
Padgett: 24 points/9 boards/3 blocks
Wallace: 11 points/5 boards
Sparks: 10 points/11 boards
Felton: 9 poitns/5 assists
Chandler: 7 points
Swanson: 4 points/5 assists

New Orleans just got more from their top 3 than we did from our top 2. JR Smith 29, Saramago 22, Paul 20. After scoring 35 combined first half points Mayo and Padgett only scored 19 in the second half. Wallace, Sparks, Felton all did decently in supporting roles getting double figures, but our stars came up just a bit short in the second half and especially in the 4th quarter.

A very disappointing result after streaking out to a 3-1 lead.

New Orleans wins NBA Title, 4 games to 3
Old 04-15-2010, 05:40 AM   #421
Radii
Head Coach

Chris Paul is the playoffs MVP, averaging 18.2 points/4.1 boards/8.9 assists per game.

Notable Retirements

Mike Bibby retires from the Bobcats.

Jermaine O'Neal retires from the heat - 13.1 ppg/7.7 rpg over a 19 year career, 15k points/9k rebounds.

Chauncey Billups retires from the Nuggets - 15.3 ppg/5.9 apg over 18 years, 18.7k points/7250 assists.

Kenyon Martin retires from the Rockets - 10.6 pp/6.5 rpg over 15 years

Manu Ginobili retires from the Spurs - 16.0 ppg over 13 years, 14.2k points

Antawn Jamison retires from the Wizards after 17 years.17.6 ppg/7.9 rpg over 17 years - 21k points/9.5k rebounds
Old 04-15-2010, 05:46 AM   #422
Radii
Head Coach

I'm going to play out this offseason to see how the Bobcats roster may change, but with the stat bug that came up last year and player progression turning every team into the league into 90+ rated juggernauts, and the fact that I win 80% of the games I play simply because most other teams can't field two post players better than replacement level, there's a very good chance that this offseason will be the end of the dynasty. I haven't decided for sure yet, it would have been better to hang it up with a championship for sure, but the flaws in the game get harder and harder to ignore each season.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #423
Radii
Head Coach

2013/14 Charlotte Bobcats Stats

Pos
Name
Reb
Assists
FG %
3P %
FT %
SG
OJ Mayo
PG
Raymond Felton
SF
Gerald Wallace
PF
Samuel Padgett
--
C
Dell Sparks
--
PG
Jacob Swanson
C
Tyson Chandler
--
SF
Gerald Henderson
PF
Joel Fisher
--
SG
Willis Lindsey
PF
Darrell Arthur
--

Mayo shot much better this year. Sparks showed obvious improvement as well. Padgett's shot tendencies continue to frustrate and annoy.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #424
Radii
Head Coach

Game froze after the draft lottery, I hadn't saved any of the earlier steps, so I'll have to redo them.

In the first iteration, Felton and Padgett were not willing to re-sign with me before free agency, I doubt that will change in another run.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #425
Travis
Pro Rookie

Please do at least one more season, be so much better to go out with a title win.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #426
Radii
Head Coach

Bobcats Options

We pickup team options on backup guard/SF Willis Lindsey, rated 64 OVR for $1.19M, and C Dell Sparks, now rated 82 OVR.

Noteworthy Options

SG/PG Brandon Roy, 29 years old, rated 94 OVR, turns down a player option with Portland and will be a free agent.

PF Carlos Boozer, now 32 years old and rated 90 OVR, turns down a player option with Chicago.

Player Re-Signing

PF Samuel Padgett is willing to take what looks to be a max contract. Very lucky break for me it appears, he was headed into free agency before a crash last time I went through the offseason. We lock up Padgett for 6 years/$109 million, an average of about $18M/yr. He'll make $14.56 million next season.

PG Raymond Felton is headed to free agency and we can't do anything about that.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #427
Radii
Head Coach

edit:

The game has frozen for a second time after the draft lottery (I saved before it this time). This is a bit disconcerting!

Last edited by Radii : 04-18-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #428
Radii
Head Coach

Yup, just tried it again. Some googling reveals a number of complaints but no solutions for this problem. Whether I watch the lottery, skip to the results of the lottery, or "advance past period" which are my only 3 options, the PS3 freezes every time.

I guess that's it folks!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #429
Radii
Head Coach

So I was pretty pissed off when I made my last post, the OS forum search wasn't working at the time, but unfortunately searching OS doesn't provide any answers either. There are just a couple mentions in the giant threads and then this:

Freeze issue on draft lottery? - Operation Sports Forums

And that is really all I can find on the issue. It doesn't seem wide spread and it doesn't seem like there are any workarounds at all.

I'll put together a little wrap-up post with Charlotte's history over the course of the dynasty and officially put this to bed. Hopefully NBA2K11's gameplay will be as good as this year's with some dynasty improvements, and we can do this again next year
Old 04-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #430
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Well, it was fun while it lasted.... thanks for the read Radii - I look forward to your 2k11 one

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 04-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #431
Travis
Pro Rookie

Ditto, was a very fun read, too bad about the freeze and the scoring glitch, this was a must read whenever I saw an update had happened.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #432
rjolley
College Starter

Yep, same here.

I haven't had a chance to get back to NBA2K10 after the issues I heard about with the patches, and now it looks like I'll just stick with CH2K8 until NBA2K11 comes out.
rjolley is online now   Reply With Quote