Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2010, 05:03 AM   #1151
Thomkal
Head Coach

good morning all.

First off, let me get this out of the way.

vote poli
vote nightfall

I don't know if there's nightfall in this game or not, but wanted to put it out there just in case. We should not rush to nightfall in my opinion unless there's other information that needs to come out or some second crazy event happens or whatever.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:11 AM   #1152
Thomkal
Head Coach

I was not exorcised last night, but I hope that either Poli or myself was exorcised and/or viewed by the adept. I welcome a straight Thomkal vs Poli vote today for even if I'm lynched, I've given you a Servant.

I believe that Poli might be the Brutal Servant if they have one, so I would caution against revealing if you are a roled Lightbringer cause he will likely take you out instead of me.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 AM   #1153
Thomkal
Head Coach

I find the Servants choosing Raiders Army for the kill to be very interesting with Poli's "reveal" that he observed Raiders on the very night that he died. Here's two thoughts on what I think happened.

1-He was the last night corruption attempt, and they hoped to use him to give cover to Poli's detective claim. We don't know what happens when the Servants attempt to corrupt the Minister-nothing could have happened, and it would have been a no-kill night, or since they couldn't corrupt him, he was killed instead.

2-They didn't want to risk Poli having to make up a detective claim on someone living-because if they got it wrong, they were caught. So they just night-killed Raiders, not try to convert.

Personally I believe theory #1.

Incidentally, we now know for sure there are non-Vampires in the game as any Vampire attacking the Minister would have been killed.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #1154
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Good morning my fellow Lightbringers. I suppose it should come as no surprise that the servants of the Red Death have infiltrated this meeting, but I have confidence in our ability to ferret them out despite their vast power.

I must admit that I'm overwhelmed at the scope of the investigation we must undertake. The evil-doers seem to have so many places and guises to hide under and even when we find one we may not know the full extent of their power from their name alone. And then there are these items, one of which we all have and I'm guessing that their true abilities are greatly unknown to us. So much is unclear to us now, and we must be careful about what we reveal, but reveal we must as some point if we are ever going to defeat the Servants.

Okay roleplaying over. I have some idea what my item could do from its name, but it would be a guess. Doesn't seem like a harmful item though. I have to say reading over the ruleset again, I think the odds are really stacked against my fellow Lightbringers because so much is unknown and so much of a chance for corruption, even from our good spellcasters, that I think we have a much tougher chance of winning than the normal village. But hey that's why I signed up-for the challenge.

In a complicated game like this, knowledge is the key I think. We may have to be a bit more forthcoming than normal about things that happen in the game, our character, and our item if we want to give ourselves the best chance of winning it.

Here's my first post in the game-the clues are in the roleplaying bit-"ferret them out" and "scope of this investigation". Detectives investiage and search for the evils amongst the goods.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #1155
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I put my scroll of wrath on you because I was told it would best help us. That's why I did it.

i observed Dubb on day 1. i observed Danny day 2. i Observed raiders army last night.

I agree with Thomkal that it is pretty convenient that this list includes two dead people and someone who lines up with one of Thomkal's scans.

Obviously Poli can claim the RA night kill is a setup, but there are other things that resonate about Thomkal's story that sit well with me.

I do remember him reacting to my post on using the Tincture of Iodine, for example. And I thought it was weird at the time how he had posted something along the lines of "I believe this" ... not that the statement was weird, but it came across as something more than "I'm reading what you posted as a vanilla villager". The idea that he had acted upon me definitely crossed my mind and made me think "wolf kill/convert attempt" at the time.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #1156
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
well pretty much have to figure that a conversion took place don't we given the rule change? That sucks but we shall persevere.

I will be voting for one of the EagleFan voters today unless someone observed something last night. I think it was a Lightbringer vs Lightbringer yesterday, but there had to be some Servants voting for them.

Oh and I'm the one that passed the Jar.

This is my post from the second day. The key word here is observed. Why? Because that if you look at the roles description, is the name of my power. I can Observe someone each night.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #1157
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, for the second day in a row - with more conviction this time:
VOTE POLI
Old 03-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #1158
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I agree with Thomkal that it is pretty convenient that this list includes two dead people and someone who lines up with one of Thomkal's scans.

Obviously Poli can claim the RA night kill is a setup, but there are other things that resonate about Thomkal's story that sit well with me.

I do remember him reacting to my post on using the Tincture of Iodine, for example. And I thought it was weird at the time how he had posted something along the lines of "I believe this" ... not that the statement was weird, but it came across as something more than "I'm reading what you posted as a vanilla villager". The idea that he had acted upon me definitely crossed my mind and made me think "wolf kill/convert attempt" at the time.

I posted that hoops, as I was trying to signal you that I Observed you, so if you were a villager/roled Lightbringer, you might now have a reason to trust me. I can see why it could be viewed as a wolf kill/convert attempt though.

Went through this with ntndeacon who voted for me when I tried to signal him as well. Sometimes it really is a good guy trying to make a circle of trust, and not an evil trying to make himself look good. I was pretty pissed though that I was blocked from Observing you after not seeing Dubb do anything!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #1159
hoopsguy
General Manager

If Poli = wolf then I tend to put Lathum into a trusted role. There is no one who likes to fake wolf/wolf fights more than Poli, but I hope that he+Lathum would have more respect for our mod (fights getting personal = bad for the game) than to fake one with as much acrimony as we saw earlier.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #1160
Thomkal
Head Coach

I hope so too Hoops, that would be really bad on their parts if it was a fake fight.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #1161
KWhit
Coordinator

Jesus Christ.

Vote Poli.

Vote Nightfall.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #1162
Barkeep49
Coordinator

This seems pretty open and shut.

Vote Poli
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #1163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning All!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #1164
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll jump on board:

vote Poli
vote nightfall
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #1165
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I will accept Nightfall under the following TWO conditions:

1). Unanimity in the thread for it
2). The wolves agree in a pm to me.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #1166
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I will accept Nightfall under the following TWO conditions:

1). Unanimity in the thread for it
2). The wolves agree in a pm to me.

That seems reasonable.

Poli, make sure to PM Abe, okay? Thanks.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #1167
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I would not have gone this direction if Poli did not take his current position. These types of showdowns can be a lot of fun, but it sure doesn't seem like there is a chance of that happening here.

VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 03-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #1168
Autumn
Head Coach

lame

vote poli
vote nightfall

i would have preferred we really confirmed we had the right guy here, but oh well
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #1169
Autumn
Head Coach

As soon as I saw RA listed on Poli's list I was pretty certain he was a wolf. RA had hinted that he had a role, and i Think this was the wolves' way of trying to get him to out himself (saying, Polis must be a wolf because I was out being a minister! or whatever). The other two nights were conveniently focused on dead guys or duplicates.

Hopefully we get nightfall done with and we can move on.

Also, FWIW, I passed an item to the scientist and got no message back, so I think we can assume NTN is in the clear at this point.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #1170
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote nightfall
Old 03-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #1171
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote poli
vote nightfall

I'd hope you'd have enough respect for Abe, the game, and the other players than to start posting PMs.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #1172
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would like to see one passed to the Detective as well, or confirmation that someone has done so already, to help assure that this role is in the game and we are not looking at a double-bluff by the wolves to gain trust for a player claiming a role not in a game.

I don't think it is a good percentage play for them, but might as well eliminate that possibility.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #1173
hoopsguy
General Manager

From the rules:
Quote:
The Red Death is so powerful, that when someone is corrupted, they will gain a new role and powers and lose their old ones.

I want to make sure I understand this, so here is a hypothetical. Abe, please correct me if I'm making bad assumptions here.

Player A = Detective to start game
Player A = corrupted on Night 2
Player B passes item to Detective role on Night 4
This would not go to Player A, because they are no longer the Detective, correct?

Thanks for helping clarify this.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #1174
J23
College Benchwarmer

Just wanted to point out that unlike the Abjurer, the detective doesn't have a chance of corruption from their ability.

They could however have been converted, which I'm not sure is the same thing.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #1175
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good point, 23.

Abe, please substitute Abjurer for Detective in the above example for technical accuracy.

Also, a follow-up question - does the "corruption" logic also apply to "conversion"? Are these the same thing, for purposes of this game or are those two separate possibilities?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #1176
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Continue to ignore me Abe. This game is about to get fun.

Me sending tyou six pms is not ignoring you. I just prefer to take private matters proviate

Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #1177
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good point, 23.

Abe, please substitute Abjurer for Detective in the above example for technical accuracy.

Also, a follow-up question - does the "corruption" logic also apply to "conversion"? Are these the same thing, for purposes of this game or are those two separate possibilities?

Same thing. Conversaion is the mechanic. Corruption is the flavor

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-26-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #1178
Thomkal
Head Coach

Let me know if you want me to say whether or not I have received an item. I can tell you that my starting item was indeed the Jar of Myrrh, and I sent it to the Minister (Raiders Army). Since he died with no items, he either used it or sent it to somebody else.

I sent it to him because he couldn't be corrupted and I thought it sounded like a religious type object which he might be able to use better than me. I still have no idea what it does.

I'll be away from the computer for a bit so may not answer right away.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #1179
Telle
College Starter

vote Poli

vote nightfall
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #1180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From the rules:

I want to make sure I understand this, so here is a hypothetical. Abe, please correct me if I'm making bad assumptions here.

Player A = Detective to start game
Player A = corrupted on Night 2
Player B passes item to Detective role on Night 4
This would not go to Player A, because they are no longer the Detective, correct?

Thanks for helping clarify this.

I can neither confirm nor deny this conclusion.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #1181
Telle
College Starter

As of post #1244:

Yet to vote: ntndeacon, The Jackal, Poli, Lathum

Voted by did not vote nightfall: dubb
Old 03-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #1182
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Let me know if you want me to say whether or not I have received an item. I can tell you that my starting item was indeed the Jar of Myrrh, and I sent it to the Minister (Raiders Army). Since he died with no items, he either used it or sent it to somebody else.

I sent it to him because he couldn't be corrupted and I thought it sounded like a religious type object which he might be able to use better than me. I still have no idea what it does.

I'll be away from the computer for a bit so may not answer right away.

I think the writeup said his items were confiscated, though it didn't list them out. Of course it didn't list him being a minister either, so I figure it was just glossed over.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #1183
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
That's fine. I can do this. Give me about ten minutes and I'll have my private messages posted.

Why are you throwing such a temper tantrum?

If he's going to replace you then it'll take time to find a replacement.. and who's going to want to step in anyways when you're about to be lynched? You're about to be removed from the game anyways just by the play of the game. Post your vote and nightfall and then just go away.. you'll be lynched and out of the game.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #1184
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I can neither confirm nor deny this conclusion.

Curses!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #1185
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's fine. I can do this. Give me about ten minutes and I'll have my private messages posted.

Poli, if you think you are going to threaten me in my own game, for no reason at all, then you need to reevaluate me.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #1186
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Poli, walk away, before you do something you'll regret later.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #1187
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Whcih is?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #1188
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That's what's funny about this whole thing, you claim you were personally attacked,m so I asked you in what post, you can't come up with one. What else do you want?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #1189
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not reading that post. Anyone want to delete it?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #1190
Telle
College Starter

Wow. Way to throw a hissy fit and ruin a game.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #1191
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't understand why this is happening, but the fact that it's happening is very sad. My deepest condolences to Abe.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #1192
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That's what's funny. Poli never even said, "This is what I want, and if I don;t get it, then X" Just, "Here Comes X..."

Old 03-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #1193
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
That's what's funny. Poli never even said, "This is what I want, and if I don;t get it, then X" Just, "Here Comes X..."
I don't find it funny even in an Alanis Morrisette ironic sort of way.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #1194
Autumn
Head Coach

A real bummer. I did keep from reading the post. I hope you can salvage things Abe. I'm about ot head out for lunch. My access is going to be real spotty from now through the weekend as my family is coming to visit. I'll check in sometime after lunch though.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #1195
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I hope so too Hoops, that would be really bad on their parts if it was a fake fight.

Atill catching up but I would never in a million years do that to Abe or any other mod
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #1196
Telle
College Starter

Yeah I managed to look away before actually reading anything too.. but unfortunately I think the integrity of the game is shot. This really sucks.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #1197
J23
College Benchwarmer

Yep, really sorry this happened to your game Abe.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #1198
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I don't understand why this is happening, but the fact that it's happening is very sad. My deepest condolences to Abe.

Thanks, but he did it in your game too, if I remember correctly, the survivor one.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #1199
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow, just wow.

I am not going to ignore the elephant in the room.

I am just going to say it for the record I will NEVER play in another game of werewolf that Poli is involved in.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #1200
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks, but he did it in your game too, if I remember correctly, the survivor one.
He did, but I had the power to shut it down before it got too out of hand. Knowing Poli when he calms down he'll regret what he did now.